Animaniacs (season 3)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Animaniacs (1993–1998) is an American animated comedy musical television series created by Tom Ruegger. The series premiered on Fox Kids on September 13, 1993. It was moved to Kids' WB on September 9, 1995 and ended on November 14, 1998.
Super Strong Warner Siblings/Nutcracker Slappy/Wakko's New Gookie/A Quake, a Quake! [3.02]
- [After "Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy Op. 71 a Andante ma non troppo" from "The Nutcracker Suite" leaves both Slappy and Skippy dazed...]
- Slappy: Hold it! Stop the music there! [the music stops] What's with the sappy music and the dancing? I don't do pathos and I can't dance, don't ask me. [to Charlton Woodchuck] Wait a minute. You look familiar. Unappealing, but familiar.
- Skippy: Aunt Slappy, that's the director, Charlton Woodchuck.
- Slappy: BAYNARTS! [slaps him on the back] What're you doin' here, you ol' son of a hack?
- Charlton: It's "Charlton". It's written in my contract that when I was old enough, I would get to direct.
- Slappy: Yeah, Skippy has the same deal.
- Skippy: [dressed like Steven Spielberg] Love you, babe, but we're losing our light.
- Slappy: [taps the script] What's with six minutes of opening a walnut?
- Charlton: Don't you see? It's a parable about man against nature. The nut represents the struggle to achieve our goals.
- Slappy: [tears up the script] There! My goal is achieved!
- Charlton: [sighs] Let me put it this way, Sloppy.
- Slappy: It's "Slappy", Baynarts!
- Charlton: That's "Charlton". Either you do this script, or you don't get paid.
- [Slappy goes nose to nose with Charlton, glaring... then grins winningly, complete with cash register sound]
- Slappy: Hit it, maestro!
- [At the end of the cartoon, after finally getting the shell to open...]
- Slappy: Hey, von Stroheim! There's no nut inside this shell!
- Charlton: Yes, exactly, it's the emptiness of our existence! That's symbolism, that's metaphor!
- Slappy: Yeah, but that's not comedy! [stuffs Charlton into the nutshell] Now there's a nut inside!
- Skippy: Now that's comedy!
- Slappy: You're adorable, but that's my line!
A Hard Day's Warners/Gimme a Break/Please Please Please Get a Life Foundation [3.04]
- Yakko: Is this you? Are you happily engrossed in inconsequential cartoon trivia to the point that your socks can probably stand up by themselves?
- Slappy: [seeing three Skippys] Well, if it isn't Huey, Dewey and Louie. I haven't seen you guys since Daisy Duck's bat mitzvah.
The Tiger Prince/All the Words in the English Language/The Kid in the Lid/Method to Her Madness [3.05]
- [after Yakko sang All the Words in the English Language]
- Dot: He did it! Yakko Warner has just sung all the words in the English language!!
- Dick: Hey, congratulations, Yakko!
- Yakko: [gets ready to stand up] Thanks, Dick.
- Dick: Join us next time, when Yakko Warner will sing all of the numbers above zero. Good night!
- [Upon hearing this, Yakko bulges his eyes and faints]
This Pun for Hire/Star Truck/Go Fish/Multiplication [3.08]
- Yakko: Tell us, where did you last see your boss?
- Hello Nurse: In the Mambo Room at the Tropicombo Club. A band was playing Latin dance music. I was with the doctor, he mumbled something. The band had a big dumb guy playing drums and everyone was dancing under a pole, then the doctor vanished.
- Yakko: Now, lemme get this straight: He muttered some mumbo-jumbo during the Combo Samba in the Mambo at the Tropicombo. Then there was a jumbo dumbo playing the limbo on the bongos and then he was gone?
- Hello Nurse: That is absolutely correct!
- [A You Bet Your Life-style fanfare plays]
- Yakko: Tell her what she's won!
- Wakko: Another date with me!
- Hello Nurse: How come I always get the booby prize?
- Dot: I'm not touching that one!
- Yakko: So sister, what's your story?
- Dot: Well, I was born in the wagon of a travelin' show, my mama used to dance for the money they'd throw. Papa would do what...
- Yakko: Not you! Her!
- Bette Midler: [bursting through the door, singing] It's only one eye, but it's open!
- Yakko: No, not you either. HER!
- Dot: You said sister!
- Yakko: All he-man detectives call women 'Sister' in the politically unaware decades preceding Women's Liberation. [to Hello Nurse] So sister [to Dot] who's really not my sister but I'm just CALLING sister...
- Hello Nurse: I claim this statue in the name of Gulf and Western.
- Minerva Mink: I claim it in the name of Rupert Murdoch.
- Ralph: Uh, by gad, sir. I claim it in the name of Matsu... I mean, Mateshootie... uh... for Seagram's.
- Yakko: Ah, I've got it. The mink is working for Fox, the pair of legs is working for Paramount, and the guy who needs rehearsal's working for Universal!
- Dot: [dryly] Thank you, Dr. Seuss.
- Yakko: Now about our fee.
- Hello Nurse: I'm prepared to pay well.
- Yakko: Fine. We only ask one thing.
- Hello Nurse: What's that?
- Yakko: Never put us on opposite '60 Minutes'; we'll get creamed.
The Sound of Warners/Yabba Dabba Boo [3.09]
- Dr. Otto Scratchensniff: As you know, when nature calls, you have to pick up the phone and say, "Hello. I got your message. I've got a package for you.".
Dot's Entertainment/The Girl with the Googily Goop/Gunga Dot [3.11]
- Censor: We want no kissing in these cartoons, and entirely no lewd behavior and attire [points at Googy] like that outfit for instance take it off this instant! [Googy reacts in embarrassment]
- The Warners: [singing about Googy] The censors all protest, 'cuz she's practically undressed, the cartoon vamp.
- Dot: She's a tramp!
- Yakko and Wakko: Hello Googy!
- Yakko: [about the Fleischer animation that brings all inanimate objects to life] This is going to be the most frightening six minutes of our lives.
Soccer Coach Slappy/Belly Button Blues/Our Final Space Cartoon, We Promise/Valuable Lesson [3.12]
- Slappy: [wearing a coach's hat] I'd like to say how very happy I am to be here. I'd also like to be stuck on a deserted island with Morey Amsterdam. But I'm not. I didn't ask for this job, and in fact, i'm missin' a Ricki Lake episode, I'm talkin' sacrifice here! Actually, I'm doin' it for my nephew Skippy.
- Skippy: [hugs Slappy] You're the greatest, Aunt Slappy!
- Slappy: Coachin' does have it's small rewards.