Babar: King of the Elephants
Babar: King of the Elephants is a 1999 traditionally animated film directed by Raymond Jafelice and made by Nelvana Limited, Home Made Movies, and TMO-Loonland, in association with The Clifford Ross Company. The film was released in theaters in Canada by Alliance Communications and in the US by HBO Home Video. It is the second film based on Jean de Brunhoff's original book series, following Babar: The Movie. The story chronicles the events of the first four Babar books.
- [while Babar, Celeste, Zephir and the children are going to a picnic]
- Celeste: It will do you good. You need to get away for a little while at least. Take your minds off things.
- Babar: But Celeste, I just can't relax. I can't stop thinking about Madame, and poor Cornelius. I should be there. [he and Celeste stop walking] Oh, what else can go wrong?
- Celeste: There's nothing else you can do, Babar. Dr. Capalos said it will just take time, and you won't just help them by worrying. Now come on. Let's have a nice, quiet picnic with the children.
- [Celeste holds Babar's trunk and they all kept walking. Later they all had nice, quiet picnic]
- Alexander: I'm full.
- Pom: Mmm, This is good.
- Flora: May I have some more please?
- Alexander: Me too.
- [The ants carry bread crumbs as they enter the ant hill. Pom watches the ant colony going inside their home]
- Babar: [laughing] I've got ya! [chases Flora and Alexander] Here I come! [Flora and Alexander run to a bush] Flora...
- [Babar chases Flora and Alexander around a bush]
- Pom: Look out!
- Babar: I've gotcha! Oh!
- [Babar keeps chases Flora and Alexander. Zephir and Arthur went to a lake]
- Frog: Ribbit. [sits on a rock] Ribbit.
- [The frog jumps into the water. Zephir and Arthur looks around the lake and look at each other. Babar keeps chasing Flora and Alexander until he goes into the bush]
- Pom: Hey.
- Flora: Where'd he go?
- Pom: Papa?
- Flora: Where are you hiding? Papa?
- [Babar sneaks out of the bushes. Celeste is cleaning up everything]
- Babar: [sighs] You were right, Celeste. I think we all needed this.
- Celeste: Why don't you go and do a bit of fishing? That always helps you relax.
- [Babar picks up the last plate]
- Celeste: I'll finish tidying up. [put the last plate inside the basket] Now go on.
- [Babar smiles happily]