Babar (season 5)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following is a list of quotes from the fifth season of Babar.
The Lead Blimp [5.1]
- Babar: You two didn't go to all this trouble to win the contest.
- Zephir: We didn't?
- Babar: No. You wanted to take a fantastic, creative idea, and make it into a reality. Right?
- Arthur: Yes, Babar. That's right.
- Babar: Then let's do it!
Helping Hands [5.2]
- Babar: This whole situation is ridiculous!
- Cornelius: I have to disagree, Babar!
- Pompadour: I have to agree that I disagree, sire!
The One That Got Away [5.3]
- Babar: You know Flora, fishing isn't just about catching fish.
- Flora: I wouldn't know...
Every Basket Has a Silver Lining [5.4]
- Alexander: Deal?
- Pom: Only if you promise not to tell father.
- Alexander: I swear on my tusks! Well, I will when I get them...
Victor Victorious [5.5]
- Pom: Alexander!
- Flora: Guess what?
- Alexander: Off the team?
- Pom and Flora: Good guess!
The Unsung Hero [5.6]
- Babar: There's no better way to escape the pressures of the day then doing a little gardening. Wouldn't you say, Cornelius?
- Cornelius: Oh, indubitably, Babar. The garden is so quiet, so peaceful, so...
- Pompadour: King Babar! King Babar!
- Babar: So easy to get into. Remind me to get that gate fixed.
- Basil: 50% say they love you, 50% say they adore you, and 50% say they kiss the ground underneath you.
- Rataxes: Together it's 150%, how could that be?"
- Basil: Some people voted twice.
- Rataxes: It's time the truth came out. You all think I'm some big hero, but I'm not.
- [The audience gasps]
- Rataxes: Basil is the one who saved Isabelle, not me. If anybody deserves to have a statue made in his honor, it's Basil. Not just because he's a hero, but because guys like him are one in a million. Please don't fault Basil for what he's done. Protecting my image is his job. That's what I hired him to do. But I want you to know Basil, that, over the years, you've become more then just my employee; You're my... best friend.
- Basil: Thank you, sir. I mean, Rataxes.
Friendly Agreement [5.7]
- [In the kitchen, Chef Truffles is making pancakes while humming "La Marseillaise"]
- Chef Truffles: ♪ Chef Truffles makes the royal pancakes. ♪
- ♪ The finest pancake in the land! ♪
- [Suddenly, the fire burns up a pancake and Chef Truffles screams in frustration]
- Cornelius: I think this is going to be a very agreeable experience, Pompadour.
- Pompadour: I couldn't agree more, Cornelius!
- Pompadour: You couldn't be more correct, Cornelius. I wouldn't choose to sit in that chair.
- Cornelius: Nor would I, Pompadour. Nor would I.
- [Cornelius and Pompadour attempt to sit in Babar's chair]
- Pompadour: Excuse me, Cornelius! I believe I got here first!
- Cornelius: Pardon me, Pompadour! I must decide that I got here first!
- Cornelius: I should be in charge. I have... I have... seniority!
- Pompadour: Far too much seniority, I'm afraid...
Oh, to be an Adult [5.8]
- Cornelius: The true meaning of responsibility is sticking by a decision you'll know you'll keep.
- Pom: I think I'll wait a couple of years before making a big decision.
- Arthur: To think, just 2 guests could create such a havoc!
- Flora: And I'm having 1000!
- Babar: Oh my! What is it?
- Pom: Cereal.
- [Babar's eyes suddenly widen]
- Cornelius: [looking through Pom's microscope] My tusks! So that's what coconut really looks like!
- Pom: I knew you'd be interested. Coconut's your favorite food, isn't it?
- Cornelius: It was...
- Pom: [talking about Alexander] What a goof up!
The Old Lady Vanishes [5.9]
- Rataxes: Well, if that doesn't just chew my shoes!
- Basil: Something eating you, sir?
- Rataxes: The mayor of Paris needs Babar at a meating of the minds? What's wrong with my mind? Don't answer that, Basil!
- Rataxes: Alright Pompadour, what's going on? Why is Babar going to Paris?
- Pompadour: Babar? Paris?
- Rataxes: Don't play dumb with me!
- Pompadour: Just trying to keep things at your level!
A Child in the Snow [5.10]
- [The white mammoths walks through a blue background]
- Babar: [voice over] There is a song, the song of the Elephants, which some say has been passed on from the time of the mammoths.
- [The white mammoths kept walking and walking until they turn into snow. In the present day...]
- Babar: [voice over] The world have long since been forgotten. However, the melody remains.
- Babar: It's nice of you to join me.
- Cornelius: Well, why would I want to stay cooped up in that cosy warm cabin, sipping nice hot tea, when I could stumble around in the freezing cold out here?!
- Babar: If you keep moving, you don't feel the cold.
Never Cry Alien [5.11]
- Arthur: [about Cornelius and Pompadour] I'm tired of them laughing at me!
- Zephir: I'm tired of them laughing at you too, Arthur.
- Arthur: They're laughing at us, Zephir!
- Zephir: Now you tell me!
- Babar: Not so fast, Arthur! This whole thing could've caused a serious panic. The citizens must be very concerned. I want you to dismantle everything NOW!
Robot Rampage [5.12]
- Bob Jr.: I am Robo-Bob Jr. You can call me "Bob Jr."
- Arthur: I am Arthur. You can call me... "Arthur".
- Babar: [about Bob Jr.] Arthur, you've outdone yourself.
- Arthur: Thank you, Babar. But Zephir helped me all the way. I never could have outdone myself... myself!
Mango Madness [5.13]
- Pompadour: Good mango, Cornelius!
- Cornelius: Good morning. "Good mango"? You mean "good morning"!
- Pompadour: Oh, but what is a morning without a mango? Why, a morning without a mango is like a sandwich without bread, like bread without butter, like butter without... a cow!
- Cornelius: Babar, you must go and talk to Rataxes. This must get settled before the situation becomes worse!
- Babar: But Flora...
- Pompadour: We'll find Flora, and explain that it wasn't her fault. It was all my fault!
- Cornelius: It was my fault too!
- Pompadour: I agree!
- Basil: I'm sorry, Babar. But Lord Rataxes is not in.
- Babar: Don't be ridiculous, Basil! I can hear him.