Babar (season 4)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following is a list of quotes from the fourth season of Babar.
Alexander the Great [4.1]
- Fire Chief: Where's the fire?
- Cornelius: There's no fire. it's much more serious then that.
- Pompadour: It's the children!
- Fire Chief: [gasps] The children are on fire?!
- Pompadour: The children have been swept away on an errant airplane!
- Cornelius: You have to save them!
- Fire Chief: So... there's no fire?
- Cornelius: NOOOO! And there's no time to argue! The plane's getting away!
- Fire Chief: Oh, I don't know, airplane rescues just aren't in our job description. Do they have a cat with them? We can save cats!
- Alexander: Hey dad, do you think I could be king while you're away?
- Babar and Celeste: King?!
- Alexander: Yeah. Somebody has to be in charge.
- Pom: Hah! You, king? Tell me another one!
- Alexander: I could be a great king.
- Flora: Sure: Great at causing trouble!
Cruel to Be Kind [4.2]
- [about the dressing gown Zephir gave Babar]
- Babar: A fashion statement.
- Celeste: What exactly is it you're trying to say?
- Zephir: [about the rewritten speech] I'm telling you Babar, they loved it! When you told 'em that tuna fish joke, well, I thought I'd die!
- Babar: I felt much the same, Zephir; I thought they were going to kill me.
A Pair of Queens [4.3]
- Cornelius: [while babysitting the children] It's times like these that make me glad I'm a bachelor!
- [while the children are swimming in the fountain]
- Flora: What's the matter, Christina? Aren't you having fun?
- Christina: Oh, Flora, I've never had so much fun. You've all been so nice and I.. Well... [sadly] There's something I should tell you.
- [Alexander and Pom keeps playing with the bubbles until they hear Cornelius]
- Cornelius: [off-screen] Children!
- [Cornelius is on-screen while walking through the bubbles]
- Pom: Everybody down!
- [Pom, Alexander and Flora dive into the water. Flora picks up Christina]
- Cornelius: I know you're in there! Come out! Come out this instant! [looks for the children] Hmm...
- [Pom, Alexander, Flora and Christina raises from the water and flees away]
- Cornelius: Ooh! [pants twice] Whoa!
- [Cornelius falls into the water. Pom, Alexander, Flora and Christina enters the palace]
- Christina: Why are we hiding from Cornelius?
- Flora: It's just a game we play. Let's get out of these wet things.
- [Back outside, Cornelius is covered in pink bubbles]
- Cornelius: Off all the... When I catch with those... [sighs]
Rowing Pains [4.4]
- Alexander: Way to go, Flora! You were terrific!
- Flora: It sure wasn't all my doing. The best team won.
- Alexander: And the best sister won, too!
- Flora: Well, why don't you ask him yourself?
- Pom: I would if I could find him.
- Alexander: Oh, hey guys!
- Pom: Where were you? You missed the whole practice this afternoon.
- Alexander: I'm sorry.
- Pom: The regatta is this weekend and we're not going to be ready, all because of you.
- Alexander: So I missed one practice. Big deal.
- Babar: As a matter of fact, Alexander. I do consider it a big deal. Everyone on the team has worked very hard. I think it's unfair of you to let them down like this. Now, where were you this afternoon?
- Alexander: Um, I promised Zephir I'd help him. He was really busy, see and well, I'm sorry.
- Babar: Well, I certainty can't criticise you for helping others. But remember, you have other responsibilities too.
- Pom: Yeah, Alexander. You have other responsibilities too.
- Alexander: Hey, Pom. Come here. You just gotta see what I got. [shows Pom the boat]
- Pom: Wow. How'd you get this?
- Alexander: Want to go down to the river and play with it?
- Pom: Sure. That'll be... [looks at the boat and realizes something odd] Wait a second, Alexander! Now I know where you were this afternoon.
- Babar: I hope you don't work Alexander as hard as you did yesterday, Zephir. He's got a big race coming up and we need him in tip-top shape.
- Zephir: He didn't work here yesterday.
- Babar: But last evening he told me... [suddenly realizes that Alexander told a lie on where he was last evening] Excuse me, everyone. Zephir, would you mind joining me?
Arthur's Object [4.5]
- Pompadour: If you asked me, I'd say Arthur's adventures are ninety percent fiction and ten percent imagination!
- Zephir: True enough Pompadour. And that arithmetic does add up to Arthur!
The Diaperman Cometh [4.6]
- Rataxes: Put it back, dear. It's parents will be looking for it, I hope.
- Lady Rataxes: Don't talk rot, Rataxes!
- Lady Rataxes: Now we have a perfect family. A boy and a girl!
- Rataxes: What shall we call her?
- Lady Rataxes: Daphne, I think!
- [Rataxes and Basil are climbing down the palace walls]
- Rataxes: Basil, hurry it up!
- Basil: But your rhighness, you know I suffer from vertigo!
- Rataxes: You'll suffer from rigor mortis if Lady Rataxes catches us!
Time Flies [4.7]
- Basil: If I may suggest sir, you might hire a ghost writer.
- Rataxes: Uh-huh. And how do I get one of those? Through a ouija board?
- Celeste: And you thought it was alright for your brother to run off in the middle of the night to rescue some man named Jules Verne?!
- Flora: Well, we didn't think it was alright exactly.
- Babar: We'll talk more about this in the morning. In the meanwhile, we should head over to Rhinoland to settle things once and for all. Come along, children.
- Pom: I think they're really mad this time.
- Basil: Sorry to interrupt, your rhighness. But King Babar seems to think that Alexander is around here somewhere.
- Babar: Well you three, home. And we're all going to have a long chat about this in the morning.
Insecurity System [4.8]
- Pom: Boy Cornelius, where did you ever learn to signal code stuff?
- Cornelius: Oh, there's a lot that I know that you don't know I know.
- Pom: I know!
- Babar: Then what, Basil, what?
- Basil: Well, it's just that the password was originally intended for my ears only and well, it's kind of embarrassing.
- Babar and Pompadour: JUST TELL ZEPHIR THE PASSWORD!!!
Kings of the Castle [4.9]
- Babar: What a day I've had. I haven't seen so many ruffled feathers since the hurricane in flamingo land!
- Basil: Good news, sir. Since you started handing out free frosty cones, your popularity's gone up!
- Rataxes: I knew it! The way to the hearts of my people is though bribery!
- Basil: You're now two points more popular then a rattlesnake bite.
- Rataxes: Rats...
- Babar: [to the children] Time waits for no-one, and neither does the school bus!
- Rataxes: Basil, how did I do in the popularity poll this year?
- Basil: Well, according to a random sampling, you're slightly more popular then a plague of locusts.
- Rataxes: Oh...
- Basil: It's an improvement, sir. Last year, you were less popular then a volcanic eruption!
- Rataxes: What's wrong with my subjects? Babar's popular; What's he got that I haven't got?
- Basil: Do you have a couple of hours, sir? It's a rather long list.
What's Mine Is Mine [4.10]
- Arthur: So this is a tin mine. Kinda damp, isn't it?
- Charlie: So what didya expect? Wall-to-wall carpeting?
- Rataxes: There isn't enough mud here to make a pie!
- Basil: Don't worry, your rhighness; I'll find mud if it's the last thing I do.
- Rataxes: And if you don't, Basil, it just might be the last thing you do!
- Zephir: What are we celebrating, Arthur?
- Arthur: My fabulously rich and productive gold mine!
- Zephir: No!
- Arthur: Yes! The richest piece of real estate this side of the equator!
- Zephir: No!
- Arthur: Yes! This gold mine's got more karats then a herd of rabbits!
The Scarlet Pachyderm [4.11]
- Cornelius: Sit down, Alexander! No horse play in the car please.
- Rhino Guard #1: Look lively, here comes Lord Rataxes. And remember, he said to make it look good.
- Rhino Guard #2: I can't believe it; We get to yell at Lord Rataxes! This is better then a holiday!
- Pompadour: He's struck again, sire! The Scarlet Pachyderm did it again!
- Cornelius: What daring! What chivalry!
- Pompadour: What cheek!
- Cornelius: My tusks, Arthur! How did you manage to avoid a run-in with the rhino guards?
- Arthur: The best way to avoid a run-in is to give 'em a run for their money!
All Played Out [4.12]
- Rataxes: Basil, you're getting on my nerves. Don't you have something better to do then nag me with these unending chores?
- Basil: But sir, that's my job!
Radio Riot [4.13]
- Zephir: Live from the malt shop, it's Zany Zephir, the voice of children everywhere!
- Pompadour: "Zany Zephir"? How appropriate!
- Pompadour: Sire, This is ludicrous. Everyone knows children must eat their vegetables. It's one of the agonies of growing up.
- Babar: You never hid your Green Beans?
- Pompadour: I should say not
- Babar: Oddly enough, Pompadour, I believe you.