Ghostbusters (2016 film)
Ghostbusters is a 2016 film is a 2016 American supernatural fiction comedy film directed and written by Paul Feig and Katie Dippold. It stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones and Chris Hemsworth. The third feature film in the Ghostbusters franchise, it is not a sequel to the previous films but rather a reboot where four women start a ghost-catching business in New York City. It follows a ghost invasion of Manhattan, paranormal enthusiasts Erin Gilbert and Abby Yates, nuclear engineer Jillian Holtzmann, and subway worker Patty Tolan band together to stop the otherworldly threat.
Dr. Abigail L. Yates
- (upset about her order) I'm just looking for a reasonable ratio of wontons to soup, this is madness!
- We just gave a ghost a nuke. We should probably run!
- Have you seen a class 4 semi-anchored entity anywhere in the vicinity?
- It's really easy sit there and be the naysayer when you don't actually do anything.
- (about Rowan's device) I'm smelling both electrical discharge and isotopic decay.
- There's a bigger picture at hand here. These ghosts can possess the human form.
- [about Rowan's huge transformation] What part of "small and friendly" did he not understand?!
- [turns around to the see the mannequin] Was that there before? Please don't answer. [mannequin looks at her] I SAID DON'T ANSWER!
- [searching the subway tunnel] It smells like burnt baloney and regrets down here.
- [after tossing phantom on to the subway train] I guess he's going to Queens. He's going to be the third scariest thing on that train.
- [enter a room full of mannequins] Okay, room full of nightmares.
- [before slapping Rowan's ghost out of Abby] GET OUTTA MY FRIEND, GHOST! THE POWER OF PATTY COMPELS YOU!
- Up above us was the old New York prison. It's the first place in New York that they electrocuted people. I'm telling you, it used to take so long that they just be like, 'Shoot 'em! We using too much electricity.'"
- [after listening to earlier recordings] I heard something really weird. What's 'Zuul'?
- I'm joining the club. You guys are really smart about this science stuff, but I know New York and I can borrow a car from my uncle.
Dr. Jillian Holtzmann
- (eating Pringles) Just try saying no to these salty parabolas!
- (while hunting a ghost) Come out, come out, wherever you are...
- You guys, this is exactly how I pictured my death!
- (trying to shut down Rowan's device) I would have used aluminum but I'm crazy.
Dr. Erin Gilbert
- Kevin? That's a manly name! My name's Erin. With an E... for Every... thing you want.
- Proton guns are all well and good, but sometimes you need the Swiss Army.
- (surrounded by giant ghosts) I'm not good in a fight.
- (running) Books can't fly and neither can babies!
- Oh my god, you killed a pilgrim!
- (after getting slimed) That stuff went everywhere, by the way. In every crack. Very hard to wash off.
- Someone is creating a device that amplifies paranormal activity and we might be the only ones who can stop it.
- Garrett: (first lines, to his group) So, the Aldridge Mansion is the only 19th century home in New York City preserved both inside and out. At the time of its construction, it was one of the most elegant homes in existence featuring every luxury including a face bidet and an anti-Irish security fence. Now, I'm gonna tell you something a little spooky. The morning of October 25, 1894, Sir Aldridge awoke furious when his breakfast was not waiting for him. So, he called to his servants, but none of them responded. Why? Because, during the night, one by one they had each been stabbed to death in their sleep. It was later discovered that they were murdered by his eldest daughter, Gertrude Aldridge. Sir Aldridge once wrote in his diary, 'I know God makes no mistakes, but I believe he may have been drunk when he built Gertrude's personality.'
- Mayor Bradley: Never compare me to the Jaws mayor. Never!
- Rowan North: You shoot like girls!
- Rowan North: Charge the lines, create the vortex, break the barriers.
- Martin Heiss: Why are you pretending to capture ghosts?
- Theater Manager: No one should have to encounter that kind of evil. Except you girls, I think you can handle it.
- Erin Gilbert: (hold the proton pack) Why am I operating the untested nuclear laser?
- Jillian Holtzmann: You have the longest arms.
- Patty Tolan: (as she's showing them the subway tunnel) That's where I saw that weird sparking thing.
- Jillian Holtzmann: What was it?
- Patty Tolan: Baby, if I knew what it was, I wouldn't have called it a 'weird sparking thing'.
- Jillian Holtzmann: Come here often?
- Erin Gilbert: Sorry, hello. Who are - who are you?
- Jillian Holtzmann: Holtzmann.
- Erin Gilbert: Erin.
- Jillian Holtzmann: I've heard terrible things about you.
- Jillian Holtzmann: Ma'am, can you tell us where you got the world's tiniest bowtie?
- Erin Gilbert: Uh, it came with the shirt.
- Kevin: Would it be okay if I bring my cat to work sometimes? He has major anxiety problems.
- Abby Yates: You know what? I would love to let your cat live here with you, but I have a pretty severe cat allergy.
- Kevin: Oh, I don't have a cat. He's a dog. His name's My Cat.
- Abby Yates: Your dog's name is My Cat?
- Kevin: Mike Hat.
- Erin Gilbert: Your dog's name is Mike, last name Hat?
- Kevin: Well, his full name is Michael Hat.
- Abby Yates: I can't say that I'm allergic to dogs... so.
- Kevin: You know, it's all right. He lives with my mum.
- Agent Rorke: Sheriff in New Mexico reports a UFO encounter, the crew of the S.S. Ourang Medan dies mysteriously, the entire town of Langville, Montana goes missing.
- Jillian Holtzmann: It does?
- Abby Yates: Okay, but we're talking about relocating. No one's being killed here. Right?
- Mayor Bradley: They were turned inside out.
- Erin Gilbert: Their skin is on the inside of their body?
- Mayor Bradley: Their skin is on the inside of their body because their organs are on the outside.
- Abby Yates: But, they're okay, right?
- Mayor Bradley: Sure.
- Jillian Holtzmann: I think they're dead.
- Abby Yates: Patty! Don't move!
- Erin Gilbert: (with the ghost on her shoulders) You got a, uh...
- Patty Tolan: Nope, I'm tired.
- Erin Gilbert: No. You got a...
- Patty Tolan: I'm just gonna go ahead and take off. How about that?
- Erin Gilbert: I, I don't really think that's a good idea.
- Patty Tolan: No. I'm gonna take off. Don't piss off the ghost. (as she slowly walks out of the crowd, a crowd member takes a selfie with Patty and the ghost) Really?!?
- Erin Gilbert: That book you're holding is utter nonsense. I don't even know how you got that. I thought I burned both copies.
- Ed Mulgrave: It's on Amazon. Both hard copy and e-book.
- Erin Gilbert: What?
- Ed Mulgrave: It's on books on tape, too. Only, I know how to read.
- Erin Gilbert: Kevin, hi, can you answer the phone?
- Kevin: I can't. It's in the fish tank.
- 'Erin Gilbert: No, the one on the desk that's ringing. That one.
- Kevin: Oh, that one! What's this place called again?
- Dr. Abby Yates: (about the ghost floating before them) That's a class-four apparition.
- Erin Gilbert: It's okay. She seems peaceful. My name is Erin Gilbert, doctor of particle physics at... (ghost slimes her)
- Kevin: Okay, I got it. We need to form a group and build something to fight these damn ghosts.
- Abby Yates: That’s exactly what we already do here.
- Encyclopedic article on Ghostbusters (2016 film) at Wikipedia
- Media related to Ghostbusters (2016 film) at Wikimedia Commons
- Ghostbusters (2016 film) quotes at the Internet Movie Database
|FILMS||Ghostbusters (1984) · Ghostbusters II (1989) · Ghostbusters (2016)|
|TELEVISION||The Real Ghostbusters (1986–1992) · Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue (1990) · Extreme Ghostbusters (1997)|
|NOVELS||Ghostbusters: The Return (2004)|
|COMICS||The Real Ghostbusters (1988–1992) · Ghostbusters: Legion (2004–2005) · Ghostbusters: Ghost Busted (2008) · Ghostbusters: Total Containment (2011–2012) · Ghostbusters: Mass Hysteria (2013–2014)|
|VIDEO GAMES||Ghostbusters II (1990) · New Ghostbusters II (1990) · The Real Ghostbusters (1993) · Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009) · Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime (2011) · Lego Dimensions (2015)|