Ghostbusters (2016 film)
Ghostbusters is a 2016 film is a 2016 American supernatural fiction comedy film directed and written by Paul Feig and Katie Dippold. It stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones and Christopher Hemsworth. The third feature film in the Ghostbusters franchise, it is not a sequel to the previous films but rather a reboot where four women start a ghost-catching business in New York City. It follows a ghost invasion of Manhattan, paranormal enthusiasts Erin Gilbert and Abby Yates, nuclear engineer Jillian Holtzmann, and subway worker Patty Tolan band together to stop the otherworldly threat.
- Erin: (hold the proton pack) Why am I operating the untested nuclear laser?
- Holtzmann: You have the longest arms.
- Patty: (as she's showing them the subway tunnel) That's where I saw that weird sparking thing.
- Holtzmann: What was it?
- Patty: Baby, if I knew what it was, I wouldn't say a "weird sparking thing".
- Holtzmann: Come here often?
- Erin: Sorry, hello. Who are - who are you?
- Holtzmann: Holtzmann.
- Erin: Erin.
- Holtzmann: I've heard terrible things about you.
- Holtzmann: Ma'am, can you tell us where you got the world's tiniest bowtie?
- Erin: Uh, it came with the shirt.
- Kevin: Would it be okay if I bring my cat to work sometimes? He has major anxiety problems.
- Abby: You know what? I would love to let your cat live here with you, but I have a pretty severe cat allergy.
- Kevin: Oh, I don't have a cat. He's a dog. His name's Mike Hat.
- Abby : Your dog's name is My Cat?
- Kevin: Mike Hat.
- Erin: Your dog's name is Mike, last name Hat?
- Kevin: Well, his full name is Michael Hat.
- Abby: I can't say that I'm allergic to dogs... so.
- Kevin: You know, it's all right. He lives with my mum.
- Rorke: Sheriff in New Mexico reports a UFO encounter, the crew of the S.S. Ourang Medan dies mysteriously, the entire town of Langville, Montana goes missing.
- Holtzmann: It does?
- Abby: Okay, but we're talking about relocating. No one's being killed here. Right?
- Mayor: They were turned inside out.
- Erin: Their skin is on the inside of their body?
- Mayor: Their skin is on the inside of their body because their organs are on the outside.
- Abby: But, they're okay, right?
- Mayor: Sure.
- Holtzmann: I think they're dead.
- Abby: Okay, Patty, stay still!
- Erin: You have a sort of, uh...
- Patty: (with the ghost on her shoulders) Okay, I just... I don't need you to tell me anything right now.
- Erin: No, no, no, no. You g-- You got a, uh...
- Patty: Nope, I really need you not to tell me anything right now.
- Holtzmann: But, Patty, there...
- Patty: Hey, I'm tired.
- Abby: No, no, no
- Erin: Listen...
- Patty: I'm just gonna go ahead and take off. How about that?
- Erin: No, no, no. I, I don't really think that's a good idea.
- Patty: I'm gonna take off.
- Abby: C'mon, Patty! Patty!!!
- Patty: And I don't want to piss off the ghost. (as she slowly walks out of the crowd) Moving, going back to my booth at the MTA, so lemme know when you need some metro cards. 'Cause I am... (a crowd member takes a selfie with Patty and the ghost) Really?!
- Erin: That book you're holding is utter nonsense. I don't even know how you got that. I thought I burned both copies.
- Ed Jr.: It's on Amazon. Both hard copy and e-book.
- Erin: What?
- Ed Jr.: It's on books on tape, too. Only, I know how to read.
- Erin: Kevin, hi, can you answer the phone?
- Kevin: I can't. It's in the fish tank.
- Erin: No, the one on the desk that's ringing. That one.
- Kevin: Oh, that one! What's this place called again?
- Abby: (about the ghost floating before them) That's a class-four apparition.
- Erin: It's OK. She seems peaceful. My name is Erin Gilbert, doctor of particle physics at... (ghost slimes her)
- Rowan: What form would you prefer I take?
- Holtzmann: Uh, maybe something stationary, like a bullseye.
- Patty: Well, I'll tell ya what I prefer. I prefer something nice and cute, like a friendly little ghost.
- Rowan: (reveals himself as the Ghostbusters logo) Oh, is this what you want? Something more familiar?
- Kevin: Mm, ice cream. Mm...
- Patty: Y'know what? I don't have a problem with that. Thank you very much for bein' reasonable.
- Rowan: If this is what you want, it works for me. (turns to his true form)
- Abby: Oh, he's really going for it.
- Patty: Man, I said "cute". CUTE!!!
- Melissa McCarthy — Dr. Abigail L. Yates
- Kristen Wiig — Dr. Erin Gilbert
- Leslie Jones — Patty Tolan
- Kate McKinnon — Dr. Jillian Holtzmann
- Charles Dance — Dr. Harold Fillmore
- Michael Kenneth Williams — Agent Hawkins
- Christopher Hemsworth — Kevin Beckman
- Neil Casey — Rowan North
- Cecily Strong — Jennifer Lynch
- Matt Walsh — Agent Rorke
- Ed Begley Jr. — Ed Mulgrave Jr.
- Andy Garcia — Mayor Bradley
- Zach Woods — Garrett (credited as "Tour Guide")
- Bill Murray — Dr. Martin Heiss
- Dan Aykroyd — Cabbie
- Ernie Hudson — Bill Jenkins
- Annie Potts — Vanessa (credited as "Desk Clerk")
- Sigourney Weaver — Dr. Rebecca Gorin
- Encyclopedic article on Ghostbusters (2016 film) on Wikipedia
- Media related to Ghostbusters (2016 film) on Wikimedia Commons
- Ghostbusters (2016 film) quotes at the Internet Movie Database
|FILMS||Ghostbusters (1984) · Ghostbusters II (1989) · Ghostbusters (2016) · Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021)|
|TELEVISION||The Real Ghostbusters (1986–1992) · Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue (1990) · Extreme Ghostbusters (1997)|
|NOVELS||Ghostbusters: The Return (2004)|
|COMICS||The Real Ghostbusters (1988–1992) · Ghostbusters: Legion (2004–2005) · Ghostbusters: Ghost Busted (2008) · Ghostbusters: Total Containment (2011–2012) · Ghostbusters: Mass Hysteria (2013–2014)|
|VIDEO GAMES||Ghostbusters II (1990) · New Ghostbusters II (1990) · The Real Ghostbusters (1993) · Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009) · Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime (2011) · Lego Dimensions (2015)|