Ice Age: Continental Drift
It is the fourth installment of the Ice Age series, being produced by Blue Sky Studios and distributed by 20th Century Fox, and the first sequel not to be directed by Carlos Saldanha. It was the second Ice Age that utilises Digital 3D. It is scheduled to be released in the US on July 13, 2012, three to six years after its predecessors The Meltdown and Dawn of the Dinosaurs, and ten years after the release of the original Ice Age. This was the first Ice Age film to be shot in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio. A fifth film, titled Ice Age: Collision Course, is set to be released on July 22, 2016.
- [referring to Peaches] No teenager is ever up early.
- [to Crash and Eddie] You two were supposed to be responsible uncles!
- [as the ice shelf breaks off] Stay alive! No matter how long it takes, I WILL FIND YOU!
- [shouting] How big is this OCEAN?!
- [kind of dryly; to Gutt] Look, as much as I'm tempted to join a monkey, the Easter Bunny and a giant bag of pudding, I'll pass. No one is gonna stop me from getting back to my family.
- You know, sometimes, it pays to weigh 11 TONS! [catapults Captain Gutt towards him] Bon voyage, Monkey-boy! [strikes Gutt with a log, sending him flying away]
- Deep down I knew I wasn't abandoned.
- We fought dinosaurs in ice age! It made no sense, but it was exciting!
- HOLY CRAB!
- If I don't make it, find me a wife and tell her I love her!
- Did somebody hail a whale?
- I don't know what's wrong with me, I can't eat, I can't sleep. I think I'm coming down with something.
- [to Sid's family; after the log-sled ride] That was fun. Now, who should I eat first?
- [After saving Shira] You're welcome. So, care to join our "scurvy crew"?
- [After Granny jumps in the water, spreading oil all around and killing nearby fishes and a shark] There's your proof.
- [referring to her and Sid] They think we're screw-ups and we can't do anything right.
- Has anyone seen Precious? It's her feeding time.
- Ha, who says old ladies can't drive?
- [angrily] I'll bury y'all and dance on your grave!
- [seeing the narwhals] Y'all got some ugly goldfish.
- [Referring to Sid, to Manny] I'll push him overboard. You guys say it was an accident.
- So long, banana breath! Thanks for the ship!
- I need warriors, and all I have are kitty cats and bunny rabbits!
- Grab your weapons, mates! [as his crew raises their weapons] Not the spoon, Flynn.
- That mammoth has taken my ship, my bounty, and now the loyalty of my crew! I will destroy him! And everything he loves!
- Sacrificing yourself for your daughter. How touching. And predictable.
- I don't think so. You destroyed everything I had! I'm just returning the favor.
- Don't call me kitty!
- [Reffering to Gutt] You know you won't beat him.
- You're pretty soft for a saber.
- Your little bunny nose wiggles in the cutest way when you're mad!
- Buck: [first lines of the film, riding Rudy] YEE-HAW!!!!
- Raz: G'day, Mate.
- Ariscratle: Stop, brother! Rise above this base desire. Be more than a rodent.
- Louis: You never leave your friend behind.
- Milton: [about Granny] And warn the community. She tends to wander!
- Squint: Hit the mammoth, win a prize!
- Milton: We just knew Sid would want to see his poor dear Granny before... her time is up.
- Flynn: [panicking] They sank our battleship, what are we gonna do? We're all gonna drown!
- Peaches: OK, So tell me, when exactly will I be allowed to hang out with boys?
- Manny: When I'm dead. Plus three days, just to make sure I'm dead.
- Manny: [after catching Peaches hanging out with Ethan when she isn't allowed to] Peaches, come on, let's talk about this.
- Peaches: How could you embarrass me in front of my friends?
- Manny: You deliberately went where you weren't supposed to!
- Peaches: [scoffs angrily] You can't control my life!
- Manny: I'm trying to protect you! That's what fathers do!
- Peaches: Well... I wish you weren't my father!
- [Manny is stunned and hurt by her words]
- Ellie: She's just upset, honey. [to her daughter] Peaches, it's not the end of the world.
- Peaches: [on the verge of tears; about her father] What if I never see him again? And the last thing we did was fight.
- Ellie: Hey! Your father is the toughest, most stubborn mammoth I've ever met. He'll come back for us. [hugs Peaches] That's a promise.
- Sid: My mother once told me that bad news is just good news in disguise.
- Diego: Was this before she abandoned you?
- Sid: Yes, it was.
- Manny: Just keep your eyes on the horizon!
- Diego: I can't find the horizon!
- Gastornis bird chick: When you drink water through your trunk, does it taste like boogers?
- Ellie: Uh, no. Well... Sometimes. Now let's move!
- Manny: I can't believe this! You slept through that storm?!
- Granny: Nah. I slept through the comet that killed the unicorns. [jumps into the ocean] Thanks for drawing my bath, Sidney.
- Sid: Granny, grab my paw.
- Granny: No way. This is my first bath in decades. [oil-rainbow stain appears around her as fish and a shark float up dead]
- Diego: There's your proof.
- Sid: Quick! Somebody do something!
- [Manny throws Sid in the water]
- Sid: I got you, Granny.
- Granny: [fighting Sid off with her stick] Get off of me!
- Sid: [as he gets her back on the ice berg] Ow, ow, ow, ow! Granny!
- Granny: [to Manny and Diego] What are you peeping toms all looking at? [Manny and Diego turn around] A lady can't take a bath in peace? Eyeballing me like a rump roast.
- Diego: What's the life expectancy for a female sloth?
- Manny: She'll outlive us all, you know that, right? Yeah, the spiteful ones live the longest.
- Captain Gutt: I hope you said goodbye, 'cause there's no way back.
- Flynn: Yes there is. [Gutt sighs] Don't you remember, Captain? You can sail to Switchback Cove, and catch a current back from there. Like a steel trap this noggin is.
- Captain Gutt: [laughs] Thank you, Mister Flynn. [He steps on Flynn's tail flipper]
- Flynn: Ow!
- Captain Gutt: Now surrender your ship or face my fury!
- Sid: Or face your furry what?!
- Captain Gutt: Not furry, FURY!
- Captain Gutt: Morning, sunshine! Let me be the first to give you the Hand of Friendship.
- Manny: That's your foot. [it's revealed that Gutt is standing on his hands]
- Captain Gutt: Oh, nothing goes by you, does it?
- Shira: Two sloths, a mammoth and a saber? You guys are like the start of a bad joke.
- Diego: And we, saved you, so that makes you the punchline, Kitty.
- Shira: [pins him down; angrily] Don't call me Kitty.
- Diego: Okay, I won't, [pins her down] Kitty.
- Granny: If they kiss, I'm gonna puke!
- Shira: You're pretty soft for a saber.
- Diego: Excuse me? I'm not soft, okay? I happen to be remorseless assassin.
- Sid: Diego-poo! Hey, I made you another coral necklace. [to Shira] He keeps losing them. Hee-hee! [skips away]
- Captain Gutt: I need warriors, and all I have are kitty cats and bunny rabbits!
- Flynn: And a seal and a kangaroo.
- Louis: [after Crash and Eddie fling themselves from trees onto the ground] Can I ask you guys something? How are you both so happy; doesn't it weigh on you that the world might be ending?
- Crash: [to Eddie] Can I tell him our secret? [Eddie nods; to Louis] Come here, come here... [Louis leans closer to them] We're very, very... stupid!
- [Louis glares at Crash and Eddie quizzically.]
- Louis: But still, you're not a teensy bit concerned about... I don't know, say, imminent death?
- Crash: [grabs Louis' nose] Beep.
- Ethan: [after the gang escapes the collapsed tunnel] Yo, that was insane! Hey, Peach, loosen up; have some fun.
- Peaches: [disgusted] Fun?! You call that fun? I'm outta here!
- Steffie: Come on, do you really want to go back to hanging out with a weird molehog freak and give all of this up?
- Ethan: I mean, it's bad enough that your family's half possum...
- Peaches: Bad enough?! There's nothing bad about being part of my family. I like hanging by my tail and if you geniuses are normal, the species is going to end up extinct!
- Katie: Yeah, well, your species is going to be extint first.
- Dumb Mammoth: Burn!
- Ethan: We're the same species, genius.
- Dumb Mammoth: What?! Double burn!
- Captain Gutt: This ocean ain't big enough for the both of us!
- Manny: That's OK. You won't take up much room after I flatten you!
- [Last lines of the film]
- Captain Gutt's Siren: Oh, Captain Gutt...
- Captain Gutt: [happily] That's me!
- Captain Gutt's Siren: Let's rule the seas together...
- Captain Gutt: Aye, aye... [a female ape revealed as a siren] Huh?! [siren grabs Captain Gutt and eats him alive]
- When the Earth falls apart, history's greatest heroes will keep it together.
- Wild and thief.
- Sweet and sour.
- Irritable and clueless.
- Stingy and naughty.
- This summer, the end of the world, is just a tip of the iceberg.
- Ray Romano — Manny
- John Leguizamo — Sid
- Denis Leary — Diego
- Queen Latifah — Ellie
- Seann William Scott — Crash
- Josh Peck — Eddie
- Chris Wedge — Scrat
- Karen Disher — Scratte
- Keke Palmer — Peaches
- Jennifer Lopez — Shira
- Peter Dinklage — Captain Gutt
- Wanda Sykes — Granny
- Josh Gad — Louis
- Drake — Ethan
- Aziz Ansari — Squint
- Nicki Minaj — Steffie
- Ester Dean — Sloth Siren
- Rebel Wilson — Raz
- Joy Behar — Eunice
- Nick Frost — Flynn
- Heather Morris — Katie
- Ally Romano — Meghan
- Alan Tudyk — Milton
- Kunal Nayyar — Gupta
- Alain Chabat — Silas
- Eddie "Piolín" Sotelo — Fungus
- Ben Gleib — Marshall (voice)
- Jason Fricchione — Dumb Mammoth/Various/Crab/Announcer
- Patrick Stewart — Ariscratle
- Simon Pegg — Buck
- Christopher Campbell — Creature Siren / Various
- George Jacobs — Beaver
|Feature films||Ice Age (2002) · The Meltdown (2006) · Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) · Continental Drift (2012) · Collision Course (2016)|
|Short films||Gone Nutty (2002) · No Time for Nuts (2006) · Surviving Sid (2008) · Cosmic Scrat-tastrophe (2015)|
|Television specials||A Mammoth Christmas (2011)|