International Women's Day
International Women's Day (IWD), originally called International Working Women’s Day, is marked on March 8 every year. It is a major day of global celebration of women. In different regions the focus of the celebrations ranges from general celebration of respect, appreciation and love towards women to a celebration for women's economic, political and social achievements.
|This sociology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Hillary Clinton: Women in Egypt and Tunisia and other nations have just as much right as the men to remake their governments, to make them responsive, accountable, transparent. We will certainly be watching and the world will watch.
- Hillary Clinton, on the 100th Anniversary of International Women's Day. (6 March 2011).
- CBS News.
- Equal rights are advanced when girls can avoid child marriage and enjoy equal access to education, both men and women can plan their families, and pregnant women no longer fear losing their jobs.
Why I March quotes
- So that our daughters will know their bodies are their own. So our sons embody gentle strength. So they can dismiss both labels #WhyIMarch
- Lena Dunham (@lenadunham) January 21, 2017 
- A list (1) of quotations opposing w:en:Aurat March (the feminist march on International women's day in Pakistan.
- A list (2) of quotations opposing w:en:Aurat March (the feminist march on International women's day in Pakistan.
- A list of quotations of participants of w:en:Aurat March (the feminist march on International women's day in Pakistan.