Law & Order: Special Victims Unit/Season 14
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999–present) is a long-running crime drama, part of the popular Law & Order franchise created by Dick Wolf. The show focuses on the Special Victims Unit, a special squad dealing with sex crimes and crimes against children.
- 1 Lost Reputation [14.01]
- 2 Above Suspicion [14.02]
- 3 Twenty-Five Acts [14.03]
- 4 Acceptable Loss [14.04]
- 5 Manhattan Vigil [14.05]
- 6 Friending Emily [14.06]
- 7 Vanity's Bonfire [14.07]
- 8 Lessons Learned [14.08]
- 9 Dreams Deferred [14.09]
- 10 Presumed Guilty [14.10]
- 11 Beautiful Frame [14.11]
- 12 Criminal Hatred [14.12]
- 13 Monster's Legacy [14.13]
- 14 Secrets Exhumed [14.14]
- 15 Deadly Ambition [14.15]
- 16 Funny Valentine [14.16]
- 17 Undercover Blue [14.17]
- 18 Legitimate Rape [14.18]
- 19 Born Psychopath [14.19]
- 20 Girl Dishonoured [14.20]
- 21 Traumatic Wound [14.21]
- 22 Poisoned Motive [14.22]
- 23 Brief Interlude [14.23]
- 24 Her Negotiation [14.24]
Lost Reputation [14.01]
- Munch: Cragen's being set up and we're chasing celebrity crotch grabbers.
- Foster: You have friends in the D.A.'s office. Vet me all you want. I am no one's friend. But I have everybody's respect.
Above Suspicion [14.02]
- Munch: Doctors are like cops - they don't like making promises.
- Munch: And you wonder why I'm into conspiracies. We're living in one.
- Benson: We're gonna go for a walk.
- Foster: Why?
- Benson: Because I have to arrest you. And I don't want your daughter to see.
Twenty-Five Acts [14.03]
- Benson: SVU: it's the only unit where the victim's word isn't good enough. You have to prove that a crime was committed.
- Cain: [to the crowd as he is being arrested] NYPD, folks - they're so desperate to bury their hooker scandal that they'll do anything to keep me quiet!
- Munch: Shut up.
- Cain: Court of public opinion, baby - that's my wheelhouse.
- Fin: Shutting down rapists - that's ours.
Acceptable Loss [14.04]
- Benson: Captain. I didn't see you come in.
- Captain Cragen: You probably didn't recognize me without the orange jumpsuit.
- Fin: I took a two week coffee break and nobody noticed.
- Eames: [about suspects] They all have a reason. Something.
- Benson: And that's how you break them. Get them to tell their story.
- Eames: Isn't that how you do it?
- Benson: Well, I don't normally do it leaning over sideways. [mimics Eames' leaning posture]
- Eames: [laughs] I learned that from my partner at Major Case. It was his way of keeping eye contact.
- Benson: It's a little eccentric.
- Eames: You have no idea.
Manhattan Vigil [14.05]
- Munch: [about Lomitan] This guy's like the Zelig of missing child cases.
- Benson: If he's our guy, he's been carrying this secret around for 13 years.
- Rollins: Ya'll interviewed him back in '99. How did it go?
- Munch: He was mad at me because I didn't treat him like a brother officer.
- Captain Cragen: Good. Do it again.
- Munch: With pleasure.
- Benson: You're not goin' anywhere, Louis. It's over. Wanna know why? Because we've got witnesses putting you at all of those crime scenes. Nobody likes a chomo, Louis, especially not in state prison.
Friending Emily [14.06]
- [Rollins finds her sister doing cocaine]
- Rollins: I can't have this in my house. I'm a detective.
- Kim: Right, but gambling's fine.
- Rollins: Actually, I'm done with that. If you wanna come with me to a meeting...
- Kim: Actually, I was thinking I could follow you around. You know, learn the job a little bit? [angry] I wanted to be a cop first. You took that from me!
- [Rollins forces Parker out of her apartment and away from Kim at gunpoint]
- Kim: You didn't have to do that! I didn't ask for your help! I can take care of myself! [storms out]
- Rollins: [sadly] You're welcome.
Vanity's Bonfire [14.07]
- Rollins: Dia said Kent sent her a picture of his, uh, "king". Any way to verify that?
- Dr. Warner: Not without comparing another picture of it in its original state. You wanna ask for that?
- Gillian: What parents really want to is to protect their children. Please, let me protect my daughter. It's the last thing I will be able to do for her. Please.
Lessons Learned [14.08]
- Benson: [to a support group of sexual abuse survivors] Gentlemen, if I may? I've been doing this for a long time, and I understand the shame and the stigma. But keeping the abuse secret... doesn't make it go away.
- Barba: Gonorrhea - the gift that keeps giving.
Dreams Deferred [14.09]
- Jeannie: I help you out, what do I get?
- Benson: We'll work something out.
- Jeannie: I want dinner. I want a steak.
- Benson: You got it.
- Jeannie: And a baked potato.
- Amaro: Sure. We'll see if we can get you a cup of coffee, too.
- Jeannie: [smiles] Thanks, honey.
- Amaro: [smiles back] You're welcome, darlin'.
- Amaro: We can help you. We can get you off the street.
- Jeannie: What else am I gonna do? What am I gonna write on my resume, "whore"?
Presumed Guilty [14.10]
- Benitez: You're arresting Santa? Come on!
- Fin: Should have called your reindeer!
- Father Shea: [about Father Menendez molesting Angelica] He swore to me that it would never happen again.
- Benson: And you believed him? Pedophiles are gifted liars.
- Father Shea: Yes, I did. See, I left my daughter at that parish, and Rita keeps an eye on him. And then, once a year, I come in to take his confession. For a decade. I don't believe he's hurt anyone else.
- Benson: Is that how you sleep at night?
- Father Shea: [sighs] Who says I do?
Beautiful Frame [14.11]
- Gunther: I'm not sure why we're here.
- Barba: You're not? Your client either knowingly provided a weapon that was used in a murder, or he failed to report it. Either way, he's in trouble.
- Gunther: Not if you give him queen for a day.
- Barba: Sold. We'll throw in a tiara as long he tells us everything.
- Carol: You're gonna blackmail me into doing what's right? Who's taking advantage of who now?
Criminal Hatred [14.12]
- Fin: The only thing worse than he said/she said is he said/he said.
- Benson: You're going to claim that a gay man married to another gay man hates gays?
- Barba: Watch me.
Monster's Legacy [14.13]
- Ellis: You have any vacation days accumulated?
- Benson: Oh, I don't know... 50, 60 weeks?
- Benson: Mr. Amiri, we've also become aware that Mr. Rhodes was a victim of sexual abuse as a child.
- Amiri: I'm sure that's true for half my cases. But the government doesn't pardon murderers because they had a bad childhood.
- Ellis: Look, it took me 15 minutes to find out that the deceased had a record for solicitation of young men. I need to prove that the original defense lawyer to tell the jury about mitigating circumstances. Period.
- Amiri: Mr. Ellis, what we do is triage. I've got people on death row for crimes they didn't commit. You think you can come in and do a better job? Have at it.
- Ellis: Thank you. That's all I wanted to hear.
Secrets Exhumed [14.14]
- Benson: FBI Agent Lewis, this is my partner, Detective Nick Amaro.
- Agent Lewis: Nice to meet you, sunshine.
- Amaro: You, too. Hey, can I ask what the FBI's interest is in a New York cold case?
- Agent Lewis: We think he's a serial. He's our prime suspect in three other rape/murders - Sacramento, Philadelphia, Washington, besides two in New York.
- Amaro: But the DNA matched a Manhattan case, makes it ours. And these aren't federal crimes.
- Agent Lewis: How about we work together on this?
- Benson: Just so you know, Nick, when she asks, it's not really a question.
- Amaro: Yeah, I'm getting that.
- Munch: Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.
Deadly Ambition [14.15]
- [Rollins has filed an order of protection against her sister's abusive ex-boyfriend]
- Parker: Amanda can't keep me from my baby.
- Benson: You want us to bring you in right now? [he stays silent] I didn't think so.
- [SVU puts up Rollins' bail]
- Captain Cragen: Don't jump bail, or we'll all be living with Fin.
Funny Valentine [14.16]
- [Caleb holds a TV press conference on his domestic violence arrest]
- Caleb: Ya'll know me. I'm a lover, not a fighter. I love Mischa, she knows that. She knows what really happened. She's not gonna let NYPD send another innocent black man to jail!
- Barba: [watching on TV] Oh, that's good to know. I guess we can all go home.
- [Mischa refuses to leave Caleb, even after he repeatedly abuses her]
- Fin: So what do we do now?
- Munch: We wait.
- Barba: For what?
- Benson: The inevitable.
Undercover Blue [14.17]
- Amaro: Really? You and Cassidy?
- Benson: A: I didn't tell you because it's none of your business. B: It's really not that big of a deal. And C, Nick: I didn't tell you because I didn't want this.
- [Cassidy has been cleared of a bogus rape charge]
- Benson: Brian, you didn't do anything.
- Cassidy: Once accused, always under suspicion. Even from you.
- Benson: From me? Brian, I believed you.
- Cassidy: I'd like to believe that. [starts to leave]
- Benson: Whoa, Brian, Brian... So what, we're over now?
- Cassidy: I don't know. [pause, smiles] Wanna get a drink somewhere and not talk about it?
Legitimate Rape [14.18]
- Purcell: How many innocent men have you arrested?
- Benson: Only one, and when I found out he was innocent, I fought for his release.
- Purcell: One, out of thousands of others. Men, they're all rapists, right?
- Barba: Objection. Argumentative - and ridiculous.
- Benson: Remember when you asked about my father, and I told you it was a long story?
- Amaro: Yeah.
- Benson: It's not that long.
Born Psychopath [14.19]
- Dr. Huang: I'm conflicted about labeling a 10-year-old a psychopath. But...
- Captain Cragen: But?
- Dr. Huang: I've had a chill like that 2 times in my life... with death row serial killers.
- Amaro: [after getting shot] I always forget how much this hurts.
Girl Dishonoured [14.20]
- Benson: If anyone here has been sexually assaulted, or know anyone that has, it's never too late to come forward. Denying the pain doesn't make it go away.
- Benson: It's all about control. I mean, they do their own investigations. If the school decides no crime has been committed, it's dropped. No press, no police.
- Barba: We need to go after the school.
- Fin: And charge 'em with what?
- Barba: That's the great part about being a D.A.: I don't have to decide that right now.
Traumatic Wound [14.21]
- Gabby: [after her assailants are convicted] I thought they were my friends. I trusted them.
- Benson: Well, if it makes a difference, a man who doesn't even know you went through a lot of trouble to help you.
- Amaro: [about his ex-wife] In hindsight, when she came home from Iraq, she was textbook PTSD. I didn't see it. I took it personally. I think it cost me my marriage.
- Rollins: Have you told her that?
- Amaro: No, it's a little late. I don't think she wants to hear it.
- Rollins: Maybe the first step is to stop beating yourself up.
Poisoned Motive [14.22]
- Fin: We were making our last buy from Escobar. Somebody must have ratted me out. The next thing I know I got a .38 pressed against the back of my head. Luis jumped in. The gun went off. He got hit twice, in the hip and the knee. I left Narcotics that day.
- Amaro: It wasn't your fault.
- Fin: Yeah, just like it wasn't my fault with Rollins? Do yourself a favor, Nick: Walk behind me.
- Amaro: You think bragging to cops about shooting cops is a good idea?
Brief Interlude [14.23]
- Amaro: [of the victim] The way she was dressed, she's gotta be a working girl.
- Benson: Nick, you gotta get out more - everyone dresses like that now.
- Rollins: So, the smart kids are selling pills to MILFs now?
Her Negotiation [14.24]
- Benson: After what you did to her, you're lucky I didn't kick your teeth in.
- Lewis: What I did, you should be so lucky someone does that to you.
- Amaro: Shut the hell up or I'll take you out right now and wipe that stupid smile off your face.
- Benson: Nick, it's all right. I wanna hear this. I should be so lucky? How?
- Lewis: Well, sure, sweetheart. What do you want to hear?
- Benson: Whatever you got.
- Lewis: You mean, like, how disturbing it would be to make a fine, educated, cultured woman like that disrobe? How humiliating it would be? How she might have covered herself with her hands?
- Benson: Go on.
- Lewis: You want to hear about how I tied her to the bed. Not too tight, so I could watch her struggle. Or do you want to hear how I made her get down on her knees and forced myself inside her? Is that your thing? Or do you wanna hear about the pyrotechnics? How I put out cigarettes on her? [smiles] Yeah, gotcha. You want to hear how I branded her private parts with keys and hot hangers.
- Amaro: All right. I know you're getting off on this, but you know what? I wanna know how you got in that apartment.
- Lewis: That's by the numbers. [to Benson] Men are from Mars, right, detective? He wants the logistics, but you... you want the emotions.
- Benson: I do. So tell me more.
- Lewis: A 60-year-old woman. She did things she never expected to do... things she never knew were possible... with her fingers, with her mouth. Do you wanna hear how, in the evening, she said she would do anything as she begged for her life? Or how, in the morning, she begged me to take her out of her misery? Which do you think I enjoyed more?
- [Benson returns to her apartment, only to find a familiar face pointing a gun at her]
- Lewis: Welcome home, Detective Benson.