Law & Order: Special Victims Unit/Season 12
- Seasons: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |20| 22|21|22| 23| Main
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999–present) is a long-running crime drama, part of the popular Law & Order franchise created by Dick Wolf. The show focuses on the Special Victims Unit, a special squad dealing with sex crimes and crimes against children.
- Captain Cragen: Hold up. Liv, I'm gonna have to pull you.
- Benson: Why?
- Captain Cragen: You're gonna have to finish interviewing Mackenzie. Her mom is demanding a penis-free environment.
- Benson: Am I to understand that Mackenzie had a nose job?
- Pamela: She broke it years ago in a skateboarding accident. Her foster parents didn't even take her to the hospital.
- Kevin: It caused a deviated septum. We got it fixed for her. Why is that a problem?
- Benson: It was an unnecessary cosmetic surgery.
- Kevin: Excuse me. If giving a child a nose job is a crime, you'd have to arrest half the parents on the Upper West Side.
- [Benson and Stabler unplug Jeff's video game as he is playing it]
- Jeff: WHOA! Where the hell'd you come from?
- Stabler: The real world. Join us.
- [Stabler shows Amber a picture of her daughter, Rose]
- Amber: Not my daughter.
- Stabler: Now, you just said that you have a daughter named Rose.
- Amber: I do. Somewhere.
- Stabler: That's not her?
- Amber: It looks like her, and this girl's been living in our apartment. But she's an imposter.
- Benson: [about Vicki's 2000 rape kit] Why'd it take so long to test it?
- Winters: 'Cause we have thousands of kits sitting in the freezer. How bad's your backlog?
- Benson: We don't have one. Every kit is tested after an assault, and the results are forwarded back to us and to the D.A.
- Winters: [gets a phone call] That was the lab. The DNA from Vicki's rape kit is degraded.
- Benson: Oh, I can't catch a break!
- Winters: But the tech's willing to testify he's got enough matching alleles to ID.
- Benson: I'm gonna collar this guy's ass, and then I'm gonna send it to you on a silver platter.
- Winters: It's yours. California has a 10-year statute. The clock ran out on Vicki's rape three weeks ago.
- Benson: You knew all along that you couldn't prosecute?
- Winters: But I knew you could. Go get the prick.
- Vicki: [to Harris] Now I'll always know where you are. Be a good boy. [slams the cell door shut] Behave yourself.
- [Benson and Stabler observe child prostitutes during a stakeout]
- Benson: They're not your kids, El.
- Stabler: I know.
- Benson: We can't save them all.
- Stabler: I'd settle for just one.
- Benson: As long as we keep criminalizing victims instead of going after their perps, it's never gonna happen. We should at least arrest their johns.
- Stabler: So what? It's a slap on the wrist. I mean, Spitzer walked; he was a former prosecutor.
- Benson: Guy gets caught with an under-aged hooker, the charge should be rape!
- Stabler: Hard time isn't a deterrent.
- Benson: Neither is the death penalty. It's just the price of doing business. It's time to treat these bastards like the scum they really are.
- Fin: [to the pimps] Fact: you are all now my bitches!
- Dr. Huang: Lindsay Elding was poisoned. [shows mushrooms on the media screen]
- Munch: By who? The Smurfs?
- Mikka: [walking out of the courthouse with Stabler] I think we're gonna make a great team
- Stabler: Me too. [sees Cragen walking up the courthouse steps] Captain. How's the old place?
- Captain Cragen: It's all getting squared away.
- Mikka: Captain Cragen. I've been looking forward to meeting you. Mikka Von, your new ADA.
- Captain Cragen: Yeah, well, nice knowing you. Your boss called. He's tied up. Asked me to deliver a message. Pack your bags. Go back to Chicago.
- Mikka: [scoffs] I'm being fired by proxy?
- Stabler: What's going on?
- Captain Cragen: Apparently, you sent a defense attorney on vacation, sub rosa. D.A. doesn't like dirty tricks.
- Stabler: Unless he's the one doing them.
- Captain Cragen: I'm sorry.
- Mikka: [to Stabler] Well, I guess I gotta go take my loft off the market.
- Stabler: [shakes hands with Mikka] Been nice working with you.
- Mikka: Back at you. [walks away]
- Captain Cragen: She one of the good ones?
- Stabler: Yeah.
- Benson: Are you proud of yourself? You trashed her.
- Hardwicke: My job's to win the case.
- Benson: No, your job is to make sure that justice is done! Convicting Camille isn't justice.
- Hardwicke: That's for the jury to decide.
- Benson: The jury is going to throw the book at her because you turned her into some crazy slut. Congratulations!
- [detectives find evidence linking Gammon to several rapes]
- Gammon: What happens now?
- Stabler: Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.
- Stabler: [looking at a picture of Camille] Her with her dad before he was sent away to Bellevue?
- Benson: We're all branded, I guess. By our parents, our childhoods.
- Stabler: Think you turned out all right.
- Benson: Makes one of us.
- Stabler: [Discussing the victim, who was found in a load of commercial laundry] We know where the load came from?
- Dr. Warner: Mercy Hospital.
- Benson: This was no mercy killing.
- Stabler: When you get the itch you call your bitch!
- Agent Lewis: I need you to run this rape kit as a Jane Doe.
- Benson: Who's the victim?
- Agent Lewis: Me.
- Agent Lewis: The PAT's plan was to spark a revolution by killing a cop. And you guys served up that state trooper on a silver platter. Then, after all of New York's finest would attend the funeral, they would just blow everybody else up. [tosses a grenade towards Stabler and he catches it]
- Stabler: Hey, hey. I don't have a good track record with you and explosives. [Nervously hands grenade back to her]
- Agent Lewis: Oh relax, Nancy. The pin is in it.
- Agent Lewis: [to the man who ordered her rape] I'm going to get past this. Unlike you, I'm going to have a life.
- Benson: Who you calling?
- Stabler: Hardwicke. Seeing what we should do with Chuckles here.
- Fin: I'm ahead of you. Hardwicke's in Albany meetin' with the AG. The temp ADA's on the way.
- Stabler: Well, hopefully, it's somebody who knows how to sort through this mess.
- Paxton: How 'bout me, hon? Messes are my specialty. [enters the squad room] Hey, Stabler. Miss me?
- Benson: [surprised] Sonya, what are you doin' here?
- Paxton: You mean, how did I escape the drunk tank?
- Stabler: No, she means, why us?
- [Chuck opens the door to his room, expecting to see Carla]
- Chuck: Carla, baby? Daddy's here. [drops his pants] You called, Chuck-a-luck delivers, big time! [suddenly, the lamp turns on; on Chuck's bed is Paxton] Whoa! [puts his pants back on]
- Paxton: Doesn't look that big to me.
- Chuck: Who the hell are you?
- Paxton: Sonya Paxton. I'm from the District Attorney's office. I heard you had something that could really rock my world, but...
- [Benson, Stabler, and Carla enter]
- Benson: Hey. Funny. You never told us you had a girlfriend.
- Stabler: Chuck Mills, you're under arrest for abortion in the second degree.
- Chuck: I want a lawyer!
- Paxton: Get a good one, 'cause I'm gonna kick your ass.
- Chuck: There's nothin' in that tube but lube!
- [Stabler tells Paxton about what Kathleen had done]
- Paxton: Your daughter?! You didn't have the balls to do your own dirty work, so you sent your kid to break the law for you?!
- Stabler: Nobody broke the law!
- Paxton: What is wrong with you people?! GOD! How many Brady violations do you have to get slapped with?! You can't keep screwin' up like this!
- Stabler: If you would just shut...! Just shut up for one second. I can explain.
- Paxton: No, no, you shut up! I'll explain to you. Okay?! You just handed Chuck Mills a get-out-of-jail-free card!
- Stabler: Chuck Mills isn't going anywhere, because I didn't tell my daughter to take the file.
- Paxton: Oh! Right! Right! And I should believe you, because you have a reputation for playing by the book, and it's beyond reproach!
- Stabler: You know somethin'?! I hope you're not on the sauce right now, 'cause I got a policy against strangling drunks. Go have a drink.
- Stabler: A bar graph of penis size?
- Munch: You were expecting a pie chart?
- Calvin: I made this for you in art class. It's you.
- Benson: Calvin, it's beautiful!
- Calvin: I signed it.
- Benson: "Calvin Benson". [pause]
- Calvin: Because you rescued me.
- Benson: [choked up] Go to school.
- Hardwicke: [of Vivian and Sarah] Codependent and drug-dependent. It's like Sid and Nancy, except they're both Nancy.
- Clerk: Docket ending 419. People vs. Henry Shaw Roberts. One count each: Assault in the second degree, criminally negligent homicide, endangering the welfare of a child.
- Judge Preston: Busy man, Mr. Roberts. How do you plead?
- Hank: Not guilty.
- Hunter: On all counts, your honor. And the homicide charge is a stretch.
- Hardwicke: The defendant forced his stepson to fight a 10-year-old and bet on the winner. What would you call the death of that child?
- Judge Preston: I'll let the grand jury decide. Bail, Miss Hardwicke?
- Hardwicke: Remand, your honor. When he's not promoting kiddie fights, the defendant spends his spare time beating up his wife and stepson.
- Hunter: My client has never been arrested. He has a steady job and strong ties to the community.
- Judge Preston: First offense, Miss Hardwicke. Can you live with 50,000 bail?
- Hardwicke: If it's cash only and comes with an order of protection for Mrs. Roberts.
- Judge Preston: So ordered. Mr. Roberts, you are not to come within 200 feet of your wife, your stepson, or your home.
- Hank: Then where the hell am I gonna stay?
- Judge Preston: Rikers Island, if you violate the order. Unless you'd rather go now.
- Hunter: That won't be necessary. Mr. Roberts will abide by your ruling.
- Judge Preston: Then we're done, aren't we? 10-minute recess. [bangs gavel]
- Hank: No broad in a black robe is gonna keep me from what's mine.
- Stabler: If she doesn't, I will.
- Fin: How'd it go?
- Stabler: Sandra's the queen of denial, and Hank is a human hand grenade ready to explode.
- Fin: If Cragen hadn't stepped in yesterday, he would've blown. Too bad. [Stabler smirks at him] I got a son too, remember?
- Stabler: I hope you die a slow, painful death! Have a nice day.
- Hardwicke: The guy's not dumb. He went to law school.
- Fin: Since when was that mutually exclusive?
- Protester: When God makes you pregnant, stay pregnant; when God make you barren, stay barren.
- Stabler: When God gives you a uterus, maybe we'll listen to your sermon.
- Dr. Huang: [about a rapist who wears a god mask] He's a narcissist.
- Stabler: Well, yeah, he thinks he's a god!
- Rivera: This a conjugal visit?
- Danielson: You're never gonna have sex ever again. At least not the consenting kind.
- Sunny: So what, I took the money? I earned it!
- Benson: Let me ask you something: was it worth it?
- Sunny: Talk to me in 10 years when you have nothing: no family, no future and a dead career. How's that sound?
- Benson: I'm not you Sunny, I'm nothing like you.
- Sunny: Then why are you so scared?
- [Benson and Stabler approach a billionaire rapist's private jet]
- Stabler: Hayes has a female pilot. That's interesting.
- Benson: Something tells me his glass ceiling is the mirror over his bed.
- Benson: Jordy is no different from any other predator. He's just better dressed.
- Stabler: It's called the bystander effect. No one does anything because they think someone else will.
- Stabler: I get that Engels was traumatized, but why kidnap an innocent girl?
- Dr. Huang: Control. His parents' deaths and his brother's kidnapping took it from him; this is his way of getting it back.
- Fin: A-hole couldn't get a hobby?
- Stabler: Want me to cut my vacation short?
- Benson: No, I'm covered. I'm good.
- Stabler: Well, Fin may have your 6, but he's definitely not me.
- Fin: No, I'm better. I actually watch her back, and not her backside.
- Alicia: I don't have the stomach for it anymore. 25 years looking for this piece of garbage, and he gets a gym membership and cable while his victims rot in the ground or bleed out a bathroom floor.
- Benson: So she brings home a date, opens something from the company cellar, and he attacks her.
- Stabler: So much for romance.
- Fin: I screwed up my shoulder busting in your back door - don't make me break my fist on your face.
- Benson: You sure this guy's out here? The only thing I've seen in the last half hour is a five pound rat.
- Stabler: Yeah, you've got it bad? I just saw a transvestite that looks like Munch.
- [during Doug and Cassandra's arraignment]
- Judge Andrews: Lot of charges here, Miss Hardwicke. I hope you aren't trying to substitute quantity for quality.
- Hardwicke: Your honor, the defendants are serial con artists who've defrauded countless victims.
- Seaver: Then why isn't the gallery overflowing with 'em?
- Hardwicke: [turns to Jerry in the gallery] One is seated right there. Jerry Bullard.
- Seaver: You mean the man who's willingly paying for my client's defense.
- Hardwicke: That's irrelevant.
- Judge Andrews: Mr. Shankman, wanna pipe in here on behalf of your client?
- Shankman: Yes. Yes. My client would like to plead not guilty, your honor.
- Seaver: As does mine.
- Hardwicke: And the People request remand for both defendants, who have displayed quite a talent for trickery, coercion, and threats. Both use aliases, both lack community ties, and both are an extreme flight risk.
- Seaver: Your honor, I don't know about this other suspect, but my client has no history of violence and has never been charged with a crime.
- Doug: Uh, me, neither. I've never even been fingerprinted.
- Judge Andrews: Sir, if you have something to say, you need to say it through counsel.
- Doug: [about his attorney] But he's not sayin' anything.
- Hardwicke: Your honor, in addition to the charges before you, the defendants are also suspects in an out-of-state murder. It would be irresponsible to allow them to go...
- Judge Andrews: Are you asking for an extradition hold?
- Hardwicke: Well, no. Special Victims collected the defendants' DNA and sent it to Miami PD. But we're still awaiting confirmation.
- Judge Andrews: Then you're tap-dancing while I should be at lunch. Bail will be set for each defendant at $250,000. Both will surrender their passports. [bangs gavel]
- Cassandra: Doug is my twin. Do you even know that means? We share a soul. Ever since we came to be in our mother's womb, we've been together. We always will be.
- Benson: It's still incest.
- Stabler: Twin-cest.
- Professor: I was at work. Ask any of my students.
- Benson: Students? You were caught feeling up a 10-year-old.
- Professor: But I wasn't convicted.
- Benson: Still, I'm pretty shocked that Hudson University didn't fire you.
- Professor: They can't. I have tenure.
- Stabler: Welcome to the perv parade that leads to nowhere.
- June: I let my whole family be destroyed. How can I forgive myself?
- Cap: You can start by letting me help you try.
- Fin: Hardwicke's in Miami at a Bar conference. Any idea who's our temporary ADA?
- Novak: How 'bout one back from the dead?
- [Casey Novak herself enters the squad room, to Stabler and Fin's surprise]
- Stabler: Casey Novak!
- Novak: Alive, and fairly well.
- [Novak tries to get the victim of a 47-year-old rape to testify]
- Novak: I know that reliving the rape is painful...
- Lorna: You don't know the meaning of the word! Have you ever been looked upon as something less than human? Denied service? Spit on? Beaten? Raped repeatedly?
- Ken: Why do you have such a hard-on for me?
- Stabler: 'Cause you can't keep yours out of unsuspecting women.
- Ken: C'mon, admit it, detective. You know you want to bang your partner. Watch her grow swollen with your child. And why not, man? She'd give you beautiful babies.
- [Hunter Mazelon has falsely accused Stabler of molesting him]
- Stabler: I don't touch children. I protect them.
- Captain Cragen: Do you need a remedial English course, Elliot? How do I make you understand the words "Stay away from Hunter Mazelon"?
- Stabler: Look, I thought he was stalking a new victim.
- Captain Cragen: Well, that might have helped your case if you hadn't been so ass-reamingly wrong.
- Hunter: Hey, speaking of family, do you have a sister who teaches here?
- Munch: No, why?
- Hunter: There's a calculus teacher who looks a lot like you. [menacing] Maybe I'll have her next year.
- Fin: Not where you're going. [loads him into a police car] Watch your head.
- Munch: Did he just threaten my hypothetical sister?
- [The detectives arrest Ronson as he's cutting a customer's hair]
- Customer: But, he's not finished. When can I reschedule?
- Stabler: About 25 years.
- Greer: You're just going to let them arrest me?
- Greer's Boss: Oh, yes, and shake their hands when they're finished.