The Netherlands is the main "constituent country" of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. It is a small, densely populated country located in the western European Union with three island territories in the Caribbean. The European part of the Netherlands borders Germany to the east, Belgium to the south, and the North Sea to the northwest, sharing maritime borders with Belgium, the United Kingdom and Germany. The largest and most important cities in the Netherlands are Amsterdam, The Hague and Rotterdam. Amsterdam is the country's capital, while The Hague holds the Dutch seat of government and parliament. The port of Rotterdam is the largest port in Europe – as large as the next three largest combined – and was the world's largest port between 1962 and 2004. "Netherlands" literally means "Lower Countries", influenced by its low land and flat geography, with only about 50% of its land exceeding one metre above sea level.
- The best thing out of Maastricht is Andre Rieu.
- Louise Burfitt-Dons, January 2013 in a speech promoting her candidacy to represent London in the EU as an MEP for the British Conservative Party
- Now, van Bronckhorst with pace! Oh, it is an absolute firecracker from Giovanni van Bronckhorst! One, nil! Holland!
- It is true that if you simply have market capitalism not embedded in a true democratic system, then you will get increasing inequality... And that is why every modern capitalist system has a welfare state and in Europe these welfare states consume 50 percent of GDP, redistribute it in fairer ways. I have always thought the European Union represented a truer embodiment of what I would regard as something like the end of history... The United States' model is a little bit more liberal and therefore we do less redistribution than, let's say, Holland or Sweden, but all modern states do that.
- Francis Fukuyama, as quoted in "Fukuyama: 'Putinism', Radical Islam No Alternative To Liberal Democracy" (30 January 2016), by *Charles Recknagel, Radio Free Europe: Radio Liberty.
- It is nevertheless illegal in Japanese pornography to show pubic hair! The Netherlands, similarly, is not quite as open about pornography, even though prostitution is legal and red light districts feature thinly dressed women sitting in windows on the street to attract customers! So, I suppose, America is really not any more confused than anyone else. Las Vegas, indeed, is rather more open about it all than elsewhere.
- Kelley L. Ross, Las Vegas.
- One should be forgiven for wondering if it was possible for Britain, as the first great industrial power, to maintain that status against larger countries with potentially much larger economies, any more than the Netherlands was able to maintain its position against Britain in the 17th century.
- Kelley L. Ross, "Smith's Law, Free Trade, and Free Immigration" (2012).
- They [politicians] are not interested in the interests of the Dutch citizen and are working along on the transformation of The Netherlands into Netherabia as a province of the Islamic superstate Eurabia.
- Islam is the Trojan Horse in Europe. If we do not stop Islamification now, Eurabia and Netherabia will just be a matter of time. One century ago, there were approximately 50 Muslims in the Netherlands. Today, there are about 1 million Muslims in this country. Where will it end? We are heading for the end of European and Dutch civilisation as we know it.
- Geert Wilders, "Mr Wilderss contribution to the parliamentary debate on Islamic activism". Speech before the Dutch Parliament (Internet Archive). 2007-09-06.
- The more dominant the Islamic culture in The Netherlands will be, the more distant we will become from anything that has to do with freedom, tolerance and equality. Because the Islam – in contrast with other religions – will not accept anything else but the Islam. The society will change for the worse. It is no 'clash of civilisations', but a collision between culture and barbarism and retardedness.
- Geert Wilders, 'Geert Wilders in interview Nu.nl, 11 September 2008.
- The Dutch example shows that when people overcome their fear, David can defeat Goliath.
- Geert Wilders, Marked for Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me (May 2012), Ch. 13: "How to Turn the Tide", p. 208