Pretty Little Liars (season 2)
Pretty Little Liars (2010-2017) is an American mystery teen drama thriller television series, airing on ABC Family (now Freeform), about four girls whose clique falls apart after the disappearance of their leader. One year later, the estranged friends are reunited as they begin receiving messages from a mysterious figure named "A" who threatens to expose their deepest secrets. The show was created by 'I. Marlene King, based on the popular series of novels written by Sara Shepard.
- 1 It's Alive [2.01]
- 2 The Goodbye Look [2.02]
- 3 My Name Is Trouble [2.03]
- 4 Blind Dates [2.04]
- 5 The Devil You Know [2.05]
- 6 Never Letting Go [2.06]
- 7 Surface Tension [2.07]
- 8 Save the Date [2.08]
- 9 Picture This [2.09]
- 10 Touched by an 'A'-ngel [2.10]
- 11 I Must Confess [2.11]
- 12 Over My Dead Body [2.12]
- 13 The First Secret [2.13]
- 14 Through Many Dangers, Toils, and Snares [2.14]
- 15 A Hot Piece of 'A' [2.15]
- 16 Let the Water Hold Me Down [2.16]
- 17 The Blonde Leading the Blind [2.17]
- 18 A Kiss Before Lying [2.18]
- 19 The Naked Truth [2.19]
- 20 CTRL:A [2.20]
- 21 Breaking the Code [2.21]
- 22 Father Knows Best [2.22]
- 23 Eye of the Beholder [2.23]
- 24 If These Dolls Could Talk [2.24]
- 25 unmAsked [2.25]
It's Alive [2.01]
- Caleb Rivers: I should have told you in person, I just... I had never said the things that I was feeling, and I didn't feel that I could say those things without making a complete ass of myself. Pretty much like I am right now... So I wrote you a letter. And in the letter I said I was sorry. Most of my life, I have felt alone, even when I was with people... that was until I met you.
The Goodbye Look [2.02]
- Aria Montgomery: Don't you read the newspaper or watch the news?
- Mona Vanderwall: No.
- Emily Fields: If lying was a crime, we'd all be in jail.
My Name Is Trouble [2.03]
- Toby: I love you so much.
- Spencer: I wanted to say that first.
- Emily: Sometimes when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
- Spencer: Why are you talking like Ben Franklin?
Blind Dates [2.04]
- Lucas: I'm completely off my game.
- Hanna: You don't have any game.
- Spencer: We should take a photo of Ian, prove we haven't been making this all up.
- Hanna: Yeah, well, you go ahead and do that, while I try not to get killed.
- Jason: Hey, I miss that pink hair!
The Devil You Know [2.05]
- Hanna: [Wearing a tight short red dress.] So, mom, I need your opinion.
- Ashley: Absolutely not.
- Hanna: What? I haven't even asked you yet.
- Ashley: Hanna, it's a funeral, not a Nicki Minaj concert.
- Hanna: So what? I can't dance on his grave? Can I at least throw confetti?
Never Letting Go [2.06]
- Spencer: Mona is five feet of insidious snark with a side ponytail, and I just -- I wanna grab it, and I wanna yank it really, really hard.
- Spencer: You don't paper over windows unless you're a vampire.
- Aria [on giant coffee mug]: I just wanted to drink it. Not swim laps.
Surface Tension [2.07]
- Hanna: Is this a gay thing?
- Emily: No. It's a brain thing.
- Emily: This is me relaxed.
- Hanna: We're gonna have to work on that.
Save the Date [2.08]
- Hanna: Jenna can't hear us; she's blind...You know what I mean.
- Hanna: Em, easy. You're already wearing more pain cream than clothes.
- Ezra: Here I was hoping you'd be at the potter's wheel, so I could wrap my arms around you and hum "Unchained Melody."
- Hanna: Maybe he's just bringing raw meat to Jenna's cat.
- Spencer: Toby lives there, too, and they don't have a cat.
- Hanna: Then maybe he was bringing over raw meat for Jenna.
Picture This [2.09]
- Emily: Can we get out of here? My goosebumps are getting goosebumps.
- Ashley: No girlfriends allowed in the bedroom. Just girl... friends.
- Hanna: Jenna is scary enough with four senses. Can you imagine what she'd do to us with all five?
- Hanna: You've barely eaten since we left the hospital, and licking the salt off pretzels does not count as lunch.
- Hanna: You love zombie movies.
- Emily: I like watching them. I don't wanna be in one.
- Jason: The truth is, I do care about your brother but...I also care about you. And I was telling you in the off chance you might feel the same way.
Touched by an 'A'-ngel [2.10]
- Hanna: You are not starved! You just had a whole bowl of jellybeans.
- Mona: They were complimentary.
- Ashley: Hanna, compassion.
- Hanna: I have it, just not in the morning.
- Ezra: It's time to tell people about us. I think we should tell your parents first because they should hear it from us.
- Hanna: If it wasn't for Isa the skank, my dad would be with my mom right now and she wouldn't be alone.
- Spencer: Do you need to take another shower?
- Emily: I think five is enough.
- Hanna: I'm gonna pick out my college, the same way I pick out my clothes. From a catalog.
- Hanna: What do you think?
- Mona: Hold on. Let me stop dry heaving first.
- Spencer: I know every club. I came close to joining The Madrigals.
- Hanna: If it needs a tent, it's a circus.
- Ashley: Says the girl who woke up at 4 a.m. for the Royal Wedding.
- Hanna: I had to pee.
- Ashley: For three hours?
I Must Confess [2.11]
- Aria: You're giving her a book of horse pictures?
- Hanna: Yeah, it's classier than a calendar.
- Spencer: No, classy would be buying something new, Hanna.
- Hanna: As soon as I get more than shrimp in my stomach, you're gonna be in a world of pain.
- Kate: We'll see.
- Emily [to Jenna]: Could you please move your stick? There are people trying to get past you.
- Spencer: I am now officially done eating. Forever.
Over My Dead Body [2.12]
- Spencer: "A" is being our ultimate "frenemy", forcing us to get what we want, but knowing that when we do...
- Hanna: All hell breaks loose.
- Caleb: Hanna, what's wrong?
- Hanna: Ask me what's right if you want a shorter answer.
- Alison: Two can only keep a secret if one of them is dead.
- Spencer: I think Hanna's about to need a getaway car.
- Caleb [to Kate]: That's a very pretty dress. But you should know, it gives you back fat.
- Spencer: I've never actually known a guy who carried a hankie.
- Aria: We all get it wrong sometimes.
- Spencer: I found a way to survive my secrets, but everyone I care about gets hurt.
- Hanna: You don't think her ear is in here do you?
- Emily: That's a big box for an ear.
The First Secret [2.13]
- Alison (to Emily): Were you wishing you could taste her Cherry Chapstick?
- Lucas: It was just an accident.
- Alison: Is that what the doctors told your mom dad at the hospital?
- Alison: Shy in the streets, sexy in the sheets.
- Alison: Boys play with toys. Girls play with boys.
Through Many Dangers, Toils, and Snares [2.14]
- Ezra: I'm in love with your daughter. I love Aria.
- Jackie: Don't be angry.
- Ezra: Angry doesn't begin to describe how I feel about you right now.
- Hanna: Any sense of boobs?
- Spencer: Hanna!
- Hanna: What? It could be a clue.
A Hot Piece of 'A' [2.15]
- Spencer: That was my Nana's couch.
- Hanna: Spencer, stop giving us orders. We're not your winged monkeys.
- Emily: These are not highlights, Hanna. This is glass in my hair.
Let the Water Hold Me Down [2.16]
- Mona (to Spencer): You're like smart-smart. I always thought you were just book-smart.
- Hanna: God! Why isn't anyone allowed to have a damn secret?
- Holden: Laugh now, but I'll be sending you a hand-written "thank you" note for letting me interrupt your conversation.
The Blonde Leading the Blind [2.17]
- Toby (to Wren): I may have broken my left arm, but my right arm is fine.
- Ezra: Life isn't always romantic. Sometimes, it's realistic.
- Emily: You're lucky I don't take that stick...
- Jenna: Careful, Emily!
A Kiss Before Lying [2.18]
- Aria (on Noel): He's been going through girls in this school like they're Kleenex.
- Ashley: Can we talk about the elephant in the room?
- Hanna: Kate is not an elephant; she's a snake and she's going to my school.
- Spencer: We're not even standing that close to you.
- Caleb: Really? Then how do I know that you had a cheeseburger for lunch?
The Naked Truth [2.19]
- Mona: Congratulations hon, you're back on the team! If I had a pom pom, i'd shake it.
- Mona: Honey, you can't be a shark if you're toothless.
- Aria: Yeah, I don't know about her fortunes, but that lady with the tube top makes really good apple butter.
- Aria: Can I touch it?
- Spencer: Yeah, it's a raincoat, Aria. It's not a mummy
- Caleb: I've got a hotspot in my pocket.
- Hanna: Yeah, I know, but what does that have to do with computers?
- Ella: Second guessing her every move is starting to feel a little extreme.
- Byron: No, dating your English teacher is extreme.
- Hanna: I am thinking! This is me thinking! And molting!
- Spencer: You're taking to long Hanna just control A.
- Hanna: I'm going as fast as I can!
- Spencer: It's not fast enough, Hanna, Just control A! Control A.
- Hanna: What the hell do you think I'm trying to do?!
- Spencer: No, hit CTRL A...on the keyboard!
Breaking the Code [2.21]
- Mona: If I could live through Alison DiLaurentis and her non-stop torture, I can handle some radioactive texting.
- Wren: My family has issues too.
- Spencer: Oh really, like what? Did someone spread their butter with a steak knife?
- Aria: What exactly are we doing here cause I really don't feel like having a tea party with the two of you?
Father Knows Best [2.22]
- Mona: Which one of you girls is best at hiding the truth from someone who's close to you?
- Spencer, Hanna, and Emily: Her!
- Aria: Wow, thanks guys.
- Mike: If your relationship is so much trouble, why not just let it go?
- Aria: Look, when you love someone. It's worth fighting for, no matter what the odds.
- Mona: You know they say the punishment's supposed to fit the crime, but this community service gig is like the ninth circle of hell.
- Aria: So, what? I got chased by a hobo for nothing
Eye of the Beholder [2.23]
- Spencer: If only we could harness Mona's sense of entitlement. We could light the eastern seaboard.
- Hanna: I can't go around without a phone. That's like going around without a brain or shoes.
- Mona: Frankly, I'd like to take that cane and whack her like a pinata.
If These Dolls Could Talk [2.24]
- Emily: I think that Ali is holding all of our brains hostage and we won't be able to sleep until we find out what really happened to her.
- Hanna: What's next? Hiding in Melissa's closet? Rubbing her belly until the baby confesses?
- Aria: We don't need to get all freaked out over a newsflash from Casper the friendly host.
- Hanna: What's in the bag?
- Mona: Shower gel. I need to scrub off ten layers of shame.
- Anne: I never thought I'd find the strength to come back here, but your friend showed up and he was very convincing. I help people push through their fears, but he helped me push through mine.
- Spencer: Wait, our friend?
- [Anne motions them over to Toby, standing by his truck. He and Spencer walk to each other]
- Toby: Pretending not to love you was the hardest thing I've ever done.
- Spencer: Come on, we're team Sparia.
- Aria (about Ezra's bed ;): Hanna, do you mind? It's kind of sacred ground.
- Emily, Spencer, and Hanna: It is?!?
- Emily: Guys, I don't trust Melissa as far as I can throw her and Ian's fetus.
- Spencer: Hide and seek was my favorite game with Melissa. You want to know why? I always won.
- Aria: I don't know about you guys, but A talking about body bags makes me very nervous.
- Mona: I admire you Spencer, so I'm going to let you choose how this ends tonight. You can join the 'A-Team' or you can disappear.
- Mona: They think it's over. Loser Mona's going to the nuthouse, and those precious liars are going home to sleep with their windows open and their doors unlocked. Don't they know that's what we want ?