(Redirected from Sexes)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Our notions of what a human being is problematically depend on there being two coherent genders. And if someone doesn't comply with either the masculine norm or the feminine norm, their very humaness is called into question.
- Judith Butler The Believer Magazine - Interview - Issue 2.
- Some men think that staying away from sex psychs them to win, but most of the women I know get psyched by having sex.
- Suzy Chaffee, as quoted in Women & Sports (1979) by Janice Kaplan.
- Gender is another false division of life into arbitrary categories, none of which can adequately describe or contain any of us, in order to define us against each other in the interests of Power. There is no male. There is no female. Get free. Go off the maps.
- Crimethinc., Days of War, Nights of Love (2001)
- Gender is a huge hot-button issue for lots of people who feel strongly about it, I am not interested in triggering those strong feelings.
- Sue Gardner, as quoted in "Define Gender Gap? Look Up Wikipedia’s Contributor List" by Noam Cohenjan, New York Times, (30 January 2011)
- Between a real man and a real woman there are innumerable others, some of which are significantly characterized as belonging to the intermediate sex.
- As far as I'm concerned, being any gender is a drag.
- Patti Smith, quoted in Levine, Martin P. (1998). Gay Macho, New York: New York University Press.
- Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, ... then you will enter the kingdom."
- Gospel of Thomas, 22
- Virtue cannot be separated into male and female. ... The difference is one of bodies not of souls.
- Theodoret of Cyrus, as cited in The First Thousand Years: A Global History of Christianity (2012), p. 106
- If we [researchers] should keep the environment of boys and girls absolutely similar these instincts would produce sure and important differences between the mental and moral activities of boys and girls.
- Edward Thorndike (1914), Educational Psychology: Briefer Course. New York: Teachers College, Columbia University. p. 203.
- The rare Sumatran tiger called Asim and a female named Melati were put in the same enclosure together. He promptly killed her
- Yonette Joseph (Feb. 9, 2019), "A First Date for Two Rare Tigers Ends in Death", The New York Times
- People are born female or male but learn to be girls and boys who grow into women and men. This learned behaviour makes up gender identity and determines gender roles.