(Redirected from Sexual)
Quotes about sexual intercourse.
- While God created Adam, who was alone, He said, 'It is not good for man to be alone. He also created a woman, from the earth, as He had created Adam himself, and called her Lilith. Adam and Lilith immediately began to fight. She said, 'I will not lie below,' and he said, 'I will not lie beneath you, but only on top. For you are fit only to be in the bottom position, while I am to be the superior one.' Lilith responded, 'We are equal to each other inasmuch as we were both created from the earth.' But they would not listen to one another. When Lilith saw this, she pronounced the Ineffable Name and flew away into the air.
- Narrated 'Aisha: I said, "O Allah's Apostle! A virgin feels shy." He said, "Her consent is (expressed by) her silence."
- Sex: the thing that takes up the least amount of time and causes the most amount of trouble.
- I've tried several varieties of sex, all of which I hate. The conventional position makes me claustrophobic; the others give me a stiff neck and/or lockjaw.
- [Parsons] had witnessed the blinding overnight successes achieved by the government-by-terror totalitarianism of Stalinist Russia and Nazi Germany. He had the foresight to see that [the United States of] America, once armed with the new powers of total destruction and surveillance that were sure to follow the swelling flood of new technologies, had the potential to become even more repressive unless its founding principles of individual liberty were religiously preserved and its leaders held accountable to them.
- (Hymenaeus Beta), William Breeze current Frater Superior of Ordo Templi Orientis Beta 2008, p. xi.
- Yes, I haven't had enough sex.
- Sir John Betjeman, British poet laureate. He had been asked whether he had any regrets, in an interview for the television documentary Time With Betjeman (February 1983).
- "Natural" is a very dangerous word to use about sexuality … Our society's notions of normality are completely fake and meta-trendy, since they rely on the changing standards of superstition, religion, Christianity and gender bias to define themselves. Americans, in particular, exhibit very childish reactions to sexual practices that are new to them, much like little kids who are offered a vegetable they haven't seen before: "That's disgusting!" "But darling, you haven't even tried it!" "I don't care, I hate it, I hate it!"
- Susie Bright and Jill Posner eds., Nothing But the Girl
- A man can fuck a whore but, unless his wife is a whore, he cannot fuck his wife….fuck is a…dysphemism….there is no love in it.
- Do you know why they call it a blowjob? So it'll sound like it has kind of a work ethic attached to it. Make you feel like you did something useful for the economy.
- George Carlin, Doin' It Again (1990)
- If this secret [of sexual magic], which is a scientific secret, were perfectly understood, as it is not by me after more than twelve years' almost constant study and experiment, there would be nothing which the human imagination can conceive that could not be realized in practice.
- Aleister Crowley The Confessions of Aleister Crowley: An Autohagiography, ed. John Symonds (New York: Hill and Wang, 1969), 767.
- It is a terrible error to let any natural impulse physical or mental stagnate. Crush it out, if you will, and be one with it; or fulfill it, and get it out of the system; but do not allow it to remain there and putrefy. The suppression of the normal sex instinct, for example, is responsible for a thousand ills. In Puritan countries one inevitably finds a morbid preoccupation with sex coupled with every form of perversion and degeneracy.
- Nothing is better than sex and anyone who says so has never had a good woman.
- Roger Daltrey, The Mirror, Saturday 15th July 2000
- Sex is God's joke on human beings.
- Bette Davis 
- Coition is a slight attack of apoplexy. For man gushes forth from man, and is separated by being torn apart with a kind of blow.
- Democritus (ca. 4th century BC)
- It is very hard for a man to ask questions about sex. The smart ones do.
- Betty Dodson 
- "Can a woman not keep her lover without she study to always please him with pleasure? Pew! then let her give up the game. Or shall my lover think with pleasing of me to win me indeed? Faugh! he payeth me then; doth he think I am for hire?"
- Sexually transmitted diseases, ranging from the serious to the fatal, are a fact of life in high schools and neighborhoods across the country. Misinformation and scare tactics about common sexual practices like masturbation are rampant. Despite these facts, and despite parents' overwhelming desire for their children to receive detailed sex education at school as well as at home, our society remains unwilling to make sexuality part of a comprehensive health education program in the schools and anxious to the point of hysteria about young people and sex...Hysteria about sex has hindered attempts to address these pressing concerns, and the people hurt most are those who most need the information—our young people, the poor, and the uninformed. Ignorance is not bliss.
- Joycelyn Elders, forward to Harmful to Minors: The Perils of Protecting Children from Sex (2002), Judith Levine, University of Minnesota Press, Minneapolis, ISBN 0816640068 pp. ix, x.  In contrast to Elders' views, Judith Reisman has stated that "The damage done to children from sexual relations with adults-what the public thought was molestation-was almost always, in Kinsey's view, the result of overreaction and hysteria by parents, schoolteachers, police, etc. But one aspect of Kinsey's research was completely missed by everyone. That was the criminal childhood sexuality experimentation which formed the basis of Kinsey's conclusions on childhood sexual potential. The results of these experiments are the basis for beliefs on childhood sexuality held and taught by academic sexologists today." Judith Reisman, Kinsey, Sex and Fraud: The Indoctrination of a People (1990), Judith Reisman, Huntington House, Lafayette, LA. ISBN 091031120X p. 3. 
- No one warns young people to follow Adam's example. He waited till God saw his need. Then God made Adam sleep, prepared for his mate, and brought her to him. We need more of this 'being asleep' in the will of God. Then we can receive what He brings us in His own time, if at all. Instead we are set as bloodhounds after a partner, considering everyone we see until our minds are so concerned with the sex problem that we can talk of nothing else when bull-session time comes around. It is true that a fellow cannot ignore women — but he can think of them as he ought — as sisters, not as sparring partners!
- Jim Elliot as quoted in Elisabeth Elliot, Shadow of the Almighty (1989), Chapter 4
- The sex life of the working class is nasty, brutish and short. Every survey of behaviour, whether it's sexual offences or marital behaviour or premarital behaviour shows that. I had a dear friend who used to say 'tell me how a man makes love and I'll tell you how he votes', and that is absolutely justified in terms of what we know about class attitude and conduct in sexual matters.
- Beatrice Faust, in Olle, Andrew 1992, "Interview with Richard Walsh and Beatrice Faust", Radio
2BL, 14 May; as quoted in Sexual Offenders and Pornography: A Causal Connection?, by Marlene Goldsmith: Chairman Legislative Council Standing Committee on Social Issues Parliament of New South Wales.
- Always fatuity, vulgarity, as soon as human passion is touched. [...] Just as some poetry is of the eye (form, colour) and some of the ear, so Keats is of the palate. Not only has he constant reference to its pleasures, but the general sensation after reading him is one of tasting. 'What's the harm?' Well, taste for some reason or the other can't carry one far into the world of beauty—that reason being perhaps that though you don't want comradership there you do want the possibility of comradership, and A cannot swallow B's mouthful by any possibility:....and this exclusiveness (to maunder on) also attaches to the physical side of sex though not the least to the spiritual.
- E. M. Forster, Selected Letters: Letter 162, to Malcolm Darling, 1 December 1916
- Imagine that we didn't know the chimpanzee, that all we knew were those bonobos who have sex all the time and are peaceful and female-dominated and that people would say that this is our only close relative. I think we would have totally different theories about ourselves and our background. But, of course, it didn't happen that way.
- When authorities warn you of the sinfulness of sex, there is an important lesson to be learned. Do not have sex with the authorities.
- The major civilizing force in the world is not religion, it is sex.
- Hugh Hefner 
- I don't see why human people make such a heavy trip out of sex. It isn't anything complex, it is simply the best thing in life, even better than food.
- I think that sex is necessary and bankers are not.
- Lancelot Hogben, in Twentieth Century Authors, A Biographical Dictionary of Modern Literature, Edited by Stanley J. Kunitz, and Howard Haycraft. New York, The H.W. Wilson Company, 1950, (pp. 658-59)
- It is only when it takes the form of physical addiction that sex is evil. It is also evil when it manifests itself as a way of satisfying the lust for power or the climber's craving for position and social distinction.
- Aldous Huxley, Ends and Means (1937)
- Images are much more available now than they were in the 1970s. It's very hard to convey that. Now, people can see what they like on their mobile phone. The sculptures are trapped in their time but hopefully people are robust enough to see them as playful, regard them as another way you can look at humanity. But they are intended to be sexy objects and that is one way of grabbing one's attention. The great thing about sex is that everybody has an opinion about it and you can't say "Oh you're not an expert." I fondly think that in 50 years' time, when a historian is trying to convey the climate of the '60s, when there was a dismantling of the rigid notions of the roles of the sexes, those sculptures might well be used to illustrate that awareness in a positive way.
- Allen Jones Timeout
- Not even when I was who I was, before, not even then had I ever known a woman so skilled in those arts of the body that are really the arts of the mind.
- Sex is not harmful to children. It is a vehicle to self-knowledge, love, healing, creativity, adventure, and intense feelings of aliveness. There are many ways even the smallest children can partake of it. Our moral obligation to the next generation is to make a world in which every child can partake safely, a world in which the needs and desires of every child—for accomplishment, connection, meaning, and pleasure—can be marvelously fulfilled.
- Judith Levine, Harmful to Minors: The Perils of Protecting Children from Sex (2002), Judith Levine, forward by Joycelyn Elders, University of Minnesota Press, Minneapolis, ISBN 0816640068 Epilogue, p. 225. 
- Sex appeal is fifty percent what you've got and fifty percent what people think you've got.
- Furthermore, though the fact seems little known, the clitoris of one woman may be stimulated nearly as effectively by the vulva of another woman, as can the penis of a male with the vagina of the female. The female emotion resulting from stimulation of the clitoris by another woman (as apparent in the behavior of women prisoners) seems fully as extensive as the male emotion resulting from stimulation of the penis. In this type of physical relationship, both women most frequently experience simultaneous stimulation of the clitoris with appropriate emotional states following. Neither woman, of course, receives stimulation of the mouth of the vagina.
- Girls five or six years, or older, are quite likely to experience passive love for other girls of similar age, with or without mutual stimulation of the genital organs, as the case may be....At least two completed love affairs of this type between girls give to seven years old have been brought to my attention. In both cases the children were wholly normal so far as could be determined by medical and psychological examination.
- William Moulton Marston The Emotions of Normal People p. 303 and p. 318 as quoted in Wonder Woman: Bondage and Feminism in the Marston/Peter comics, 1941-1948 pp. 146-147 by Noah Berlatsky.
- The [woman's] captivation stimulus actually evokes changes in the male's body designed to enable the woman's body to capture it physically...[During sex] the woman's body by means of appropriate movements and vaginal contractions, continues to captivate the male body, which has altered its form precisely for that purpose.
- William Moulton Marston The Emotions of Normal People p. 333 as quoted in Wonder Woman: Bondage and Feminism in the Marston/Peter comics, 1941-1948 pp. 164-165 by Noah Berlatsky.
- I have seen the results of this superficial sex teaching in several occult societies as well as in individual cases. I have never met with one happy result.
- All of us have got some kinds of feelings and thoughts about sex, but the only genre connected to it is this grubby, shameful one. That's a real pity. Sex is glorious, it's how we all got here, and it's most people's favourite activity.
- Most of the people who get sent to die in wars are young men who've got a lot of energy and would probably rather, in a better world, be putting that energy into copulation rather than going over there and blowing some other young man's guts out.
- Alan Moore, "The Craft" - interview with Daniel Whiston, Engine Comics (January 2005).
- Sex is a part of love. You shouldn't go around doing it unless you are in love.
- Betty Paige 
- Let the husband render to [his] wife her due; but let the wife also do likewise to [her] husband. The wife does not exercise authority over her own body, but her husband does; likewise, also, the husband does not exercise authority over his own body, but his wife does. Do not be depriving each other [of it], except by mutual consent for an appointed time...
- Sex is an antidote to death, or at least, an adequate placebo.
- Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
- Ronald Reagan, 1977
- Only the liberation of the natural capacity for love in human beings can master their sadistic destructiveness.
- Wilhelm Reich, The Function of the Orgasm (1927), Ch. V : The Development of the Character-Analytic Technique.
- [T]he science of the sexual magic is the key to the development and the underlying secret of all Masonic symbols.…[I]t is certain that the sexual question has become the most burning question of our time.
- Sex is difficult; yes. But those tasks that have been entrusted to us are difficult; almost everything serious is difficult; and everything is serious. If you just recognize this and manage, out of yourself, out of your own talent and nature, out of your own experience and childhood and strength, to achieve a wholly individual relation to sex (one that is not influenced by convention and custom), then you will no longer have to be afraid of losing yourself and becoming unworthy of your dearest possession.
- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letter Four (16 July 1903).
- Venereal: From Venus, the goddess of love, this word refers to the reality of desire. With the rise of Protestantism and science, the word "disease" was tacked on in a revealing combination of categorization and moralizing. "Which disease?" "The disease of love."
- John Ralston Saul, The Doubter's Companion
- During the darkest days of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, when Republicans and religious conservatives controlled the federal government and were doing everything in their power to harm the sick and dying, queers organized and protested and volunteered and mourned. We also made music and theater and art. We took care of each other, and we danced and loved and fucked. Embracing joy and art and sex in the face of fear and uncertainty made us feel better—it kept us sane—and it had the added benefit of driving our enemies crazy. They couldn’t understand how we could be anything but miserable, given the challenges we faced—their greed, their indifference, their bigotry—but we created and experienced joy despite their hatred and despite this awful disease. We turned to each other—we turned to our lovers and friends and sometimes strangers—and said, "Fuck them. Now fuck me."
- Imagine what would happen if instead of centering our beliefs about heterosexual sex around the idea tat the man "penetrates" the woman, we were to say that the woman's vagina "consumes" the man's penis. This would create a very different set of connotations, as the woman would become the active initiator and the man would be the passive and receptive party. One can easily see how this could lead to men and masculinity being seen as dependent on, and existing for the benefit of, femaleness and femininity.
- Julia Serrano Whipping Girl: A Transexual Woman on Sexism and The Scapegoating of Feminimity. p. 330 as quoted in Wonder Woman: Bondage and Feminism in the Marston/Peter comics, 1941-1948 p. 164 by Noah Berlatsky.
- Kali-Ma...symbolizes the ultimate mystery in life- the mystery of sex.
- Flora Annie Steel, in The Law of the Threshold quoted in p. 114 of Hugh B. Urban's, Sex, Secrecy Politics and Power in the Study of Religion (1 January 2007)
- What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.
- אמר רבי יוחנן בן דהבאי, ארבעה דברים סחו לי מלאכי השרת: חיגרין מפני מה הויין? מפני שהופכים את שולחנם. אילמים מפני מה הויין? מפני שמנשקים על אותו מקום. חרשים מפני מה הויין? מפני שמספרים בשעת תשמיש. סומין מפני מה הויין? מפני שמסתכלים באותו מקום
- I lose my respect for the man who can make the mystery of sex the subject of a coarse jest, yet when you speak earnestly and seriously on the subject, is silent.
- Henry David Thoreau, journal entry (April 12, 1852); in Odell Shepard, ed., The Heart of Thoreau's Journals (1927), p. 126.
- The state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation.
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau, Canadian minister of justice, remark to newsmen, Ottawa, Canada (December 21, 1967), as reported by The Globe and Mail, Toronto (December 22, 1967), p. 1. He was commenting on the government's proposal to overhaul Canadian criminal law, giving new recognition to individual rights in several areas, including sexual behavior.
- Sexual intercourse consumes time, requires much effort, absorbs a huge part of energy. But it gives such dose of pleasure, that all of these defects don't matter.
- Jerzy Vetulani, Mózg, seks i nagrody, „Charaktery” 2008, nr 1(5), pages 41–43
- All this fuss about sleeping together. For physical pleasure I'd sooner go to my dentist any day.
- Evelyn Waugh, Vile Bodies
- There are two kinds of sex, classical and baroque. Classical sex is romantic, profound, serious, emotional, moral, mysterious, spontaneous, abandoned, focused on a particular person, and stereotypically feminine. Baroque sex is pop, playful, funny, experimental, conscious, deliberate, amoral, anonymous, focused on sensation for sensation's sake, and stereotypically masculine. The classical mentality taken to an extreme is sentimental and finally puritanical; the baroque mentality taken to an extreme is pornographic and finally obscene. Ideally, a sexual relation ought to create a satisfying tension between the two modes (a baroque idea, particularly if the tension is ironic) or else blend them so well that the distinction disappears (a classical aspiration).
- Ellen Willis, "Classical and Baroque Sex in Everyday Life" (1979), Beginning To See the Light: Pieces of a Decade (1981)
- Once you've had a lover-robot, you'll never want a real man again.
- Gigolo Joe played by Jude Law, A.I. Artificial Intelligence by Ian Watson and Brian Aldiss.
- The problem is that sex is the most dangerous way of trying to achieve personal growth, because the life force has mixed it so liberally with a string sense of "magic", which, in the attempt at possession turns out to be an illusion. The attempt to possess a woman through an act of sex is as frustrating as trying to possess the scent of a rose by cooking and eating it.
- Colin Wilson in The Corpse Garden, p. 250 (1998)
- In addition to his bio-physical heresies, Dr. Reich vastly offended many people by his sociological theory, which holds that fascism is just an exaggerated form of the basic structure of sex-negative societies and has existed under other names in every civilization based on sexual repression. In this theory, the character and muscular armor of the average citizen — a submissive and frightened attitude anchored in body reflexes — causes the average person to want a strong authority figure above them. Tyranny, in this model, is not created by tyrants alone but by neurotic masses who want tyrants.
- Robert Anton Wilson, in Everything Is Under Control : Conspiracies, Cults, and Cover-Ups (1998), p. 361; some of Wilson's account of the suppression of Reich's ideas and work are technically exaggerative: though many of Reich's books mentioning his concepts of orgone energy and the "orgone accumulators" of his laboratory were destroyed the destruction of his equipment and books was not actually total.
- Lucia DeLury: Honey, I don't understand sex. I don't get it, get it? It's just, it seems like, uh… a lot of trouble for not much. Am I the only one that thinks this?
- Bill Truit: I don't think you're the tip of an iceberg, frankly.
- Lucia DeLury: Well, I- I would rather have a bathrobe. You know, it lasts longer, and there's no fluids. You know, what's so great about that? That's like, "Hi! I'd like to blow my nose on your face."
- — The Opposite of Sex (1998), with Lisa Kudrow (Lucia) and Martin Donovan (Bill)
- [Alvy confronts Annie about having an affair]
- Alvy Singer: Well, I didn't start out spying. I thought I'd surprise you. Pick you up after school.
- Annie Hall: Yeah, but you wanted to keep the relationship flexible. Remember, it's your phrase.
- Alvy Singer: Oh stop it, you're having an affair with your college professor, that jerk that teaches that incredible crap course, Contemporary Crisis in Western Man...
- Annie Hall: Existential Motifs in Russian Literature. You're really close.
- Alvy Singer: What's the difference? It's all mental masturbation.
- Annie Hall: Oh, well, now we're finally getting to a subject you know something about.
- Alvy Singer: Hey, don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love.
- — Annie Hall (1977), with Woody Allen (Alvy Singer) and Diane Keaton (Annie Hall)
- Sex and drugs and rock and roll
Is all my brain and body need.
Sex and drugs and rock and roll
Is very good indeed.
- Sex is natural, sex is good
Not everybody does it, but everybody should.
- Marianne Hunter (ed.), Sex: A Book of Quotations, Barnes & Noble Books, 2003. ISBN 0-7607-4072-0.
- Baltimore Chronicle: Quotes about Sex
- Encyclopedic article on Sex at Wikipedia