The Bourne Legacy (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Bourne Legacy is a 2012 American action thriller film about a new hero whose stakes have been triggered by the events of the Bourne film series, which is based on Robert Ludlum's Jason Bourne novels.
There Was Never Just Onetaglines
Dr. Marta Shearing
- Well, if you're going to reprogram human genetic material, you need a delivery system, and nothing works better than virus. It's like a suitcase.
- We are the sin eaters. It means that we take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us, so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible, and absolutely necessary.
- You were given a Ferrari and your people treated it like a lawnmower.
- Mark Turso: Is it possible?
- Ezra Kramer: Possible? We had Bourne six weeks ago in Moscow. He was on foot, wounded, with a full Cossack posse up his ass. Somehow, he walked out of there. I've kind of lost my perspective on what's possible.
- Number Three: [wolves howling in the distance] Your friends are here.
- Aaron Cross: I know. Don't you think that's strange? The wolves? They don't do that. They don't track people.
- Number Three: Well, maybe they don't think you're human.
- Aaron Cross: With all due respect, sir, now's not the best time. Twenty minutes, this place is gonna fall apart.
- Eric Byer: I'm aware of that. I'll take the chance. We need to talk. I need you to stop what you're doing and turn around. That's an order. We got screwed on the intel, okay? Nobody knew those people were in there. It would be perfectly normal for a person to have doubts about the morality of what we just asked you to do.
- Aaron Cross: Is that a question, sir?
- Eric Byer: No, it's not. Tune in to what I'm trying to say to you. Do you know what a sin eater is? [Aaron mouths no] Well, that's what we are. We are the sin eaters. It means that we find the moral excrement that we find in this situation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our cause can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary. You understand?
- Aaron Cross: [shakes his head yes] Will that be all?
- Marta Shearing: Look, I want to get out! Would you please stop the car?
- Aaron Cross: You can't be that naive.
- Marta Shearing: Would you let me out of the car?
- Aaron Cross: There's no way you're that naive. [swerves the car to the side of the road] You want out? Get out. Go on. Get out. You don't have any chems. You don't know where they are. You don't know anything. That's fine. Just get out. But you got a plan, right? Yeah, of course you do. You're a doctor. You've got this all worked out, don't you? What are you gonna do? Huh? What are you gonna do? You can't run, not alone. You don't know how. You certainly can't hide. Not from people like this, with the resources they have. You won't make it to sundown. So what's that leave you? You can go public. Sure. You can go loud. Call your sister, 'cause that worked out well for you. Call some ex-roomate. Call a guy that knows a guy at The Washington Post. Put it online. 'Cause you know what? You blow me off, that's the only play you've got. But you'd better ask yourself this- could you ever say it loud enough or fast enough that they'd be too afraid to finish what they started? Now, I've got a plan, and it's just not that complicated. What I'm going to do is wait for the next person to show up to kill you. Maybe they can help me. So go for it.
- Aaron Cross: We have less than eight minutes to clear out of here, okay?
- Marta Shearing: Yes.
- Aaron Cross: Good. Because the next thing coming though that door is going to wipe us out.
- Marta Shearing: Are we lost?
- Aaron Cross: No, I was just looking at our options.
- Marta Shearing: Oh, I was kinda hoping we were lost.
- There Was Never Just One
- Jeremy Renner - Aaron Cross/Kenneth Kitsom
- Rachel Weisz - Dr. Marta Shearing
- Edward Norton - Eric Byer
- Joan Allen - Deputy Director Pamela Landy
- David Strathairn - Noah Vosen
- Albert Finney - Dr. Albert Hirsch
- Scott Glenn - Ezra Kramer
- Oscar Isaac - Number Three
- Donna Murphy - Dita
- Stacy Keach - Mark Turso
- Zeljko Ivanek - Dr. Donald Foite
- Corey Stoll - Vendel
- David Asmar - Evan Pines
- John Arcilla - The Security Guard
- Lou Veloso - The Fisher Man