- Why the hell are you such a jerk?
RE: it wasent me
Then why do you keep writing rude messages to me on Wikinews? Markie 21:42, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- It's not me, I don't have a wikinews account. It's the vandal... See my response on your usertalk page here. The explaination is that this vandal created a wikinews account with my username, and he uses it to annoy you on wikinews. I guess we'll have to talk to the wikinews admins and delete that account. I think wikimedia admins can see IP addresses and verify this stuff? I also recall wikimedia had some automated feature to detect sockpuppets using IPs? iddo999 21:50, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
Markie and Iddo999 account
Hi Iddo is Markie from Wikinews. We have an account on Wikinews that is using your name to create trouble and it looks like you have one here that is creating trouble. I would appriciate it if you could block the user using my name here and i will do the same for the user using your name on Wikinews. Thanks N:User:Markie
- Cheers for the block but copuld you make it indef please until i have time to sort the whole mess out. Thansk --126.96.36.199 22:01, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- Hehe, he fooled me, I thought I was talking to the real you...
OK, but before I change the block status, please verify again by responding that you want the Markie account here to be on a permanent block (and should I delete the Markie userpage and usertalk pages here?), or if you want to take over the wikiquote account here with your name, instead of blocking it. Regarding my fake account on wikinews: I don't wish to do editing on wikinews, therefore if it's ok then I request that you delete the fake (and duplicated) userpage on wikinews (and also the usertalk page), and do a permanent block for my usename on wikinews. Thank you. iddo999 22:11, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- Could you also block User:IDENTITYCONFIRM. I am an admin on Wikinews and I happened to see an alert about this on Wikinews' admin alerts page. Just thought I would notify you of this account also. FWN 22:17, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
About Ron Paul
I notice that few of the entries in the "Quotes about Ron Paul" section name the sources. In the case of a quote from Andrew Sullivan which I had added, you deleted the source. It's useful, certainly, to have links provided; but what happens when links go bad? You can see an example of this with the Michael Moore quote on the Rudy Giuliani page. A link was provided, but the link is now dead. Links are useful to allow the reader to verify and read more, but are they a substitute for naming sources in an article? - InvisibleSun 20:04, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- I don't have a strong position on whether or not to name the sources in 'about' quotes. Because I consider the 'about' section to be less important than the other sections, I find it reasonable to keep it compact on the expense of being descriptive. Also, in most cases the source name actually exist inside the link (in your case "daily dish" is part of the link so if someone hovers over the link he can see it), so the damage isn't that great. The reason that made me modify your source was that the template didn't fit the date format ("nnnn-nn-nn" where different countries use different order for month/day, so some people aren't sure which is which, as opposed to something like "January 1, 1999" which is unambitious, and also sometimes the precise day is unclear so e.g. "February 1998" is useful). Maybe we should change the template, or bring up the issue in village pump? Anyway, if you'd like to restore the source names, then maybe you better do it for all the quotes, for the sake of uniformity? But if you do, please try to keep it as compact as possible. In the case of 'about' quotes, I personally prefer to add source names or other descriptive info only in particular places where it actually clarifies something. iddo999 22:47, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
I just wanted to pop in here and say that Noam Chomsky is an excellent resource, and let you know that I have replied to s:Wikisource:Scriptorium#Question_on_excerpts_from_speeches.
p.s. on Wikisource, you can set your preferences to be emailed as soon as a watched page is modified. Jayvdb 00:14, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
An article that you created, Ulrich Drepper, has been listed for deletion. If you are interested in the discussion, please comment at Wikiquote:Votes for deletion/Ulrich Drepper. Thank you. ~ Ningauble 14:25, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
Wikiquote interlanguage communication
Hi, I'm Nemo from the Italian language Wikiquote and I'm writing you (via a bot) because you're an administrator of Wikiquote in this language; please excuse me if you've received this message more than once.
The simple thing that I want you to know is that Wikiquote has an official mailing list, Wikiquote-l, which can be used to communicate and discuss matters which interest all Wikiquotes. This mailing list was last "advertised" about three or four years ago, before many of us joined Wikiquote, and is currently almost not participated at all by Wikiquote users and very low-traffic. I ask you to subscribe, to participate in discussions and to write about your Wikiquote.
I love Wikiquote, as you probably do, and I think that we should be proud of what we do here, share our experiences and good practices to make Wikiquote better and raise awareness of it.
I remind you that Meta-Wiki is the best place for Wikimedia projects coordination, and it contains several pages about Wikiquote, and specifically this talk page which can be used to discuss about Wikiquote if you don't like mailing lists.
I hope that this message has been useful for you. Cheers, Nemo (write me) 10:11, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
Hi, I noticed you have not edited here in quite a long time, and are listed as an inactive administrator. Do you think there is any chance you will be back? Cheers! BD2412 T 04:21, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
Your account will be renamed
23:34, 17 March 2015 (UTC)