User talk:Ring of Fire
Hello, Ring of Fire, and welcome to the English Wikiquote, a free compendium of quotations written collaboratively by people just like you!
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
To ask for advice or assistance feel free to drop by the Village Pump or ask on my talk page. Happy editing! And again, welcome!
I am a new user on Wikis. And I was wanting help on getting started here. Since you seem to be pretty expierienced, may you please help me sir? Thanks. Ring of Fire 06:05, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- The above links should provide some help, and you are welcome to ask me any questions that may arise on specific subjects. Wiki editing is really quite easy once you learn a few of general guidelines which have been established and the habits of those most involved on a project. ~ Kalki (talk · contributions) 06:11, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
Thank you! And just wondering is there a huge difference between Wikiquote and Wikipedia or are they basically very similar? That is something that kinda confuses me. Ring of Fire 06:13, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- The editing process is pretty much the same here, but the objectives are different. This project exists to provide notable quotes of famous people and works, and the layouts have been developed to present these in relatively standard ways across pages. ~ Kalki (talk · contributions) 06:22, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
And do you have to have a source for every quote? Because there are some quotes I can think of by NASCAR drivers that I can't exactly think of the exact source that the quote actually came from. Ring of Fire 06:25, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- Though there are some older pages where unsourced sections and quotes still exist, sources are now required for new quotes on the pages. I just provided a source for one of the quotes you added to the article you created, and the more generally reliable a source one can find the better. ~ Kalki (talk · contributions) 06:41, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
Alright well thanks for that! I'm off for now but will return within the next 24 hours. This wiki will have its dearth of NASCAR articles be extingushed. Ring of Fire 06:47, 21 April 2011 (UTC)