Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- Also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Matt Sanchez article
- The quote in question is sourced to the Alan Colmes show. The subject of the article -- Matt Sanchez -- is trying, for the umpteenth time, to delete it from the page. Matt Sanchez was banned from Wikipedia for similar activity. --Slivowitz 11:29, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks, Jeff. By the way, if you check the Sanchez article, you'll find the only users advocating for Sanchez were the Cato/Poetlister/Yehudi sock, that has now been de-sysopped and banned. We went around in circles with this sock a few months ago, and it's good to know we can dismiss their lies out of hand. --Slivowitz 02:58, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- I try not to dismiss anything someone says unless they are obvious vandals. I think it's important to separate the message from the messenger. Despite the policy violations that led to the aforementioned bans, Cato/Poetlister/Yehudi contributed quite a bit of good work to Wikiquote which remains. Frankly, Slivowitz, I wish you (and others) would work on being more civil, which gets more, not less, important when things get heated. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 03:17, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- Jeff, I take your note on civility. But Cato/Poetlister/Yehudi, et al. actually engaged in terrorizing and stalking Wiki editors offline, and that far outweights any efforts on WQ. Any purported "good work" done here was used to get himself into positions of bureaucratic power, which he then abused to no end, until he was caught. Nothing about his contributions has been valuable, in the full context of his disgraceful actions. --Slivowitz 03:23, 27 November 2008 (UTC)