User talk:Zuz (WMF)
Hello, Zuz (WMF), and welcome to the English Wikiquote, a free compendium of quotations written collaboratively by people just like you!
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
To ask for advice or assistance feel free to drop by the Village Pump or ask on my talk page. Happy editing! And again, welcome! – Ilovemydoodle (Not a sockpuppet) (talk / e-mail) 23:41, 18 July 2022 (UTC)
Voting on global issues
Hi Zuz (WMF),
You have posted a notice on the Village pump inviting members of the Wikiquote community to vote on a global issue. Just wondering if you are aware that Users such as myself and many others cannot vote, not because we have not been around long enough, but simply because we have been silenced through a Block? Ottawahitech (talk) 14:19, 18 January 2023 (UTC)
- Hi Ottawahitech,
- I am sorry to hear about your block. I wasn't aware. If you are not blocked in more than one project, you can still vote. You can mail firstname.lastname@example.org and Joe Sutherland can see about adding you manually to the list.
- Best, Zuz (WMF) (talk) 14:26, 18 January 2023 (UTC)
- Thanks for the speedy response. I am afraid I am blocked on 3 different projects.
- I was initially blocked on the English Wikipedia in 2017, and for reasons I would rather not go into, decided to move on to other wikis instead of spending time trying to appeal. 2-3 years later I was blocked on Simple, again after making a large number of content improvements, for an offence called one-strike. And again instead of spending time appealing, moved on. The block on Meta came about, I think, after an April's fool joke that I do not believe harmed anyone, and being instructed to move one of my user subpages (dealing with COVID) to another wiki. I don't believe the Admin who blocked me for not-here was aware that I had a long history of participating in Meta on projects such as technical wishlists, etc, I can go on and on..
- This is all I can explain trying to compress 15 years of wiki-history into one paragraph. Other blocked users have stories that are even more complicated, I think. Thanks for providing an email address, but I prefer to communicate in public on this matter.
- Cheers, Ottawahitech (talk) 15:27, 18 January 2023 (UTC)