Wikiquote:Requests for adminship/Cirt
Cirt (talk · contributions)
Cirt (talk · contributions) has been an active English Wikiquote contributer for three months now. During the last three months, he has done a high amount of work and has shown a great deal dedication to our project, including over 2000 edits. Cirt is also an administrator on several other projects. These projects are English Wikinews (verify), Wikimedia Commons (verify), and English Wikipedia (verify). I believe Cirt is ready to become an administrator for English Wikiquote, and he obviously knows what to do already from his work he has done here and his extra experience as an administrator on other projects.
I first encountered Cirt when I noticed he started editing at this project. I then left a friendly welcome message. The next time I encountered him, I was complimenting him on the fantastic job he did to numerous articles which are all listed at User:Cirt/Contributions. In the page, you'll notice that Cirt has saved many proposed deletions and votes for deletions. I find that very impressive. He has also created/improved another handful or two of articles. He obviously is dedicated to the content of Wikiquote. As I am writing this nomination, he has done 60 requests for speedy deletion and 13 proposed deletions. He has shown he will be able to use the deletion tool well. He has participated in discussions such as WQ:AN and WQ:VP. He even !votes in WQ:VFD, giving his reasons for !voting delete or keep, and sometimes even saving the nominated article. Cirt would be good at closing VFDs from what I've seen. If Cirt became an admin, there would be no more needing to ask other administrators to do work he can be doing himself!
Overall, I believe Cirt will be a
fine great administrator. Cirt as an administrator will only be another positive move for our project and community. He will be able to help do extra work for our project than he is already doing now. Therefore, I proudly nominate Cirt for adminship for English Wikiquote.
- Acceptance: Thank you very much RyanCross (talk · contributions) for your kind words. I accept the nomination. Cirt (talk) 09:45, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support as nominator. — RyanCross (talk) 09:49, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support. Cirt has been an enthusiastic, diligent contributor, and an active participant in community affairs. (...and is sometimes first on the scene when vandals strike at odd hours when we lack admin coverage.) ~ Ningauble 18:31, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support : Cirt seems to be a fine candidate to have use of the administrator tools. ~ Kalki 18:44, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support - excellent contributions - especially with the saves. BD2412 T 18:57, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support. We need admins like Cirt: he wants to improve Wikiquote and knows how it's done. Antiquary 19:35, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support - would be a welcome addition to the team. ~ UDScott 01:43, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support. Cirt has done fine work here and would be quite helpful. - InvisibleSun 03:04, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support Too much good work performed for me to do anything but support. :) EVula // talk // ☯ // 07:54, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
Cirt is now an administrator here. ~ Kalki 13:33, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new topic on this or other appropriate talk page. No further edits should be made to this text.