X-Men: First Class
X-Men: First Class is a 2011 American superhero film directed by Matthew Vaughn. The storyline follows before the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It focuses on the relationship between Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr before they formed their recent groups—the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants, respectively.
- A new species is being born. Help me guide it, shape it, lead it.
- [to Erik] There's so much more to you than you know, not just pain and anger. There's good in you too, and you can harness all that. You have a power that no one can match, not even me.
- Let's just say I'm Frankenstein's monster. And I'm looking for my creator.
- My fellow Mutants! The real enemy is out there.
Agent Moira MacTaggert
- I'm going to use an asset the CIA didn't issue me.
- No. You're your own team now. It's better. You're X-Men.
- [voice over in Emma's mind] We are the children of the atom. Radiation gave birth to mutants. What will kill the humans, will only make us stronger.
- [to the mutants] My friends, there's a revolution coming. When mankind discovers who we are, what we can do, each of us will face a choice. Be enslaved or rise up to rule. Choose freely, but know that if you are not with us, then by definition, you are against us. So, you can stay and fight for the people who hate and fear you. Or you can join me, and live like kings and queens.
- [to Charles when he tried to read her mind while in diamond form] You can stop trying to read my mind, sugar. You're never going to get anything from me while I'm like this.
- Excellent question. Though I wouldn't call it a war, exactly. That suggests both sides stand an equal chance of winning.
- [At a Nazi concentration camp in Poland]
- Klaus Schmidt: [in German] Understand this, Erik... These Nazis, I'm not like them. Genes are the key, yes? But their goals? Blue eyes? Blonde hair? Pathetic. [he gives him a chocolate bar] Eat the chocolate. It's good. Want some?
- Erik Lehnsherr: I want to see my mama.
- Schmidt: Genes are the key that unlocks the door to a new age, Erik. A new future for mankind. Evolution. You know what I'm talking about? It's a simple thing I ask of you. [gestures to a small Nazi coin on the desk] A little coin is nothing compared to a big gate. Is it? [Erik attempts to move the coin but fails]
- Lehnsherr: I tried, Herr Doctor. I can't... I don't... It's impossible. [this displeases Schmidt]
- Schmidt: The one thing I can say for the Nazis is their methods seem to produce results. I'm sorry, Erik. [rings bell to summon the Nazi soldiers who come in with his mother]
- Lehnsherr: Mama!
- Mother: My darling. [she embraces him and speaks in a hushed voice] How are you?
- Schmidt: [he gestures to the soldiers to hold her back] Here's what we're going to do. I'm going to count to three... [he opens a drawer and pulls out a gun] ...and you're going to move the coin. You don't move the coin, I pull the trigger. [he points the gun at his mother] Understand? [Erik attempts to move it again without success with a sense of urgency] One.
- Lehnsherr: [he looks to his mother] Mama.
- Mother: You can do it.
- Schmidt: Two. [he grows impatient]
- Mother: Everything is alright. [Erik concentrates even harder]
- Schmidt: Three. [he shoots and kills Erik's mother; trauma angers Erik to crush a small metal bell] Yes. Wonderful. [sees Erik crush a metal filing cabinet] Excellent. [Erik loses control and crushes the soldiers' helmets on their heads before sending all metal objects across the room. Schmidt consoles him after he crises] Outstanding, Erik. So we unlock your gift with anger. Anger and pain. You and me... we're going to have a lot of fun together. [he leaves the Nazi coin in Erik's hand and he leaves]
- Charles Xavier: You have a chance to become a part of something much bigger than yourself.
- Erik Lensherr: What do you know about me?
- Xavier [reads his mind]: Everything.
- [Erik and Charles walk into a bar and approach Logan as he is smoking a cigar]
- Erik Lehnsherr: Excuse me, I'm Erik Lehnsherr.
- Charles Xavier: Charles Xavier.
- Logan: Go fuck yourself.
- [Mystique stands naked before Charles in the kitchen, just like when they first met]
- Mystique: You know, sometimes I wonder what my life would've been like if you haven't found me here that night.
- Charles Xavier: Sorry what, you... [sees her and averts his eyes] Yaah! God's sake, Raven, where are your clothes? Pu... put... put some clothes on--
- Mystique: That's not what you said when you first saw me. But I guess pets are always cuter when they're little, right?
- Charles Xavier: Raven, I don't know what's gotten into you lately. I swear, you've been in a good mood. Hank, he tells me that he has found the answer to your cosmetic... [slight pause] problem. You gotta tell me what's the matter, or I'll have to read your mind.
- Mystique: [looking deeply hurt] You promised me you would never do that.
- Charles Xavier: Until recently, I never had to use my powers to know what you were thinking, Raven.
- Mystique: [angrily] You know Charles, I used to think it was gonna be you and me against the world. But no matter how bad the world gets, you don't wanna be against it, do you? You want to be part of it. [leaves]
- [Erik sees Sebastian Shaw in the void]
- Sebastian Shaw: Erik, what a pleasant surprise. So good to see you again. [Erik enters the void] May I ask you something? Why are you on their side? Why fight for a doomed race who will hunt us down as soon as they realize their reign is coming to an end? [Erik punches him in the face but their is molecular distortion to his face due to all the nuclear energy harnessed] I'm sorry for what happened in the camps. I truly am. [he shoves Erik backwards causing the wall of the void to crack] But everything I did, I did for you. To unlock your power. To make you embrace it. [shoves him across to another wall causing is to break] You've come a long way from bending gates. I'm so proud of you. [lunges metal pillars in front of him to block him] And you're just starting to scratch the surface. Think of how much further we could go, together. [he walks through the pillars with much ease and presses one of them against Erik and get closer to his face] I don't want to hurt you, Erik. I never did. I want to help you. This is our time. Our age. We are the future of the human race. You and me, son. This world could be ours.
- Erik Lehnsherr: Everything you did made me stronger, it made me the weapon I am today. It's the truth. I've known it all along. You are my creator.
- [Erik stops the missiles from hitting all of them but instead redirects them at the naval ships]
- Charles Xavier: Erik, you said yourself, we're the better man. This is the time to prove it. There are thousands of men on those ships - good, honest, innocent men! They're just following orders-- [realizes what he just said. Erik's expression becomes one of fury]
- Erik Lehnsherr: I've been at the mercy of men "just following orders". Never again. [he sends the missiles shooting off towards the naval ships]
- [Erik addresses the other mutants on the beach]
- Erik Lehnsherr: This society won't accept us. We form our own. The humans have played their hand. Now we get ready to play ours. Who's with me? [turns to Mystique] No more hiding.
- [Raven walks towards Erik but turns and kneels beside Charles and Moira]
- Charles Xavier: You, you should go with him. It's what you want.
- Mystique: You promised me you'd never read my mind.
- Charles Xavier: [whimpers in pain] I know. I've promised you a great many things, I'm afraid. I'm sorry.
- Mystique: [to Moira] Take care of him. [she goes and stands next to Erik. Riptide, Azazel, and Angel all join as well] And Beast! Never forget: "Mutant and Proud" [Hank was abhorred. Erik glances at Azazel as they disappear]
- [Erik goes to CIA facility to break out Emma Frost]
- Erik Lehnsherr: I know we've had our differences.
- Emma Frost: Where's your telepath friend?
- Lehnsherr: Gone. Left a bit of a gap in my life, if I am to be honest. I was rather hoping you could fill it. Join us.
- Frost: [she notices the rest of the Brotherhood] Erik, I believe?
- Lehnsherr: I prefer... Magneto.
- Before he was Professor X, he was Charles. Before he was Magneto, he was Erik. Before they were enemies, they were allies.
- Witness the moment that will change the world
- Witness the origin
- The story begins
- Their powers would make them different. But destiny would make them allies.
- Witness the beginning.
- James McAvoy - Charles Xavier (24 Years)
- Laurence Belcher - Charles Xavier (12 Years)
- Michael Fassbender - Erik Lensherr
- Bill Milner - Young Erik
- Kevin Bacon - Sebastian Shaw/Klaus Schmidt
- Rose Byrne - Moira MacTaggert
- Jennifer Lawrence - Raven/Mystique
- Beth Goddard - Mrs. Xavier
- Morgan Lily - Young Raven (10 Years)
- Oliver Platt - Man in Black Suit
- Álex González - Janos Quested/Riptide
- Jason Flemyng - Azazel
- Zoë Kravitz - Angel Salvadore
- January Jones - Emma Frost
- Nicholas Hoult - Hank/Beast
- Caleb Landry Jones - Cassidy/Banshee
- Edi Gathegi - Darwin/Armando Muñoz
- Corey Johnson - Chief Warden
- Lucas Till - Alex Summers/Havok
- Demetri Goritsas - Levene
- Glenn Morshower - Colonel Hendry
- Matt Craven - CIA Director McCone
- James Remar - US General
- Ludger Pistor - 1st German/Pig Farmer
- Wilfried Hochholdinger - 2nd German/Tailor
- Greg Kolpakchi - Russian Soldier No.1
- Andrei Zayats - Russian Soldier No.2
- Rade Sherbedgia - Russian General
- X-Men (comics)
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- X-Men: The Last Stand
- The Wolverine
- X-Men: Days of Future Past