|This biology article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I don't think I was constructed to be monogamous. I don't think it's the nature of any man to be monogamous. Men are propelled by genetically ordained impulses over which they have no control to distribute their seed.
- Marlon Brando 1994 statement, as quoted in Kosher Sex : A Recipe for Passion and Intimacy (2000) by Shmuley Boteach
- All the biology that Dawkins tries to present as modern biology is no such thing... the idea of the selfish gene is an idea against biochemistry, against genetics which tells us that the DNA does not replicate itself, that it's not divided by itself, that it's divided by enzymes, that you have to take into account not only the genome; you also have to take into account the -ome, a whole system in which we can distinguish but not separate the different elements. That's why Dawkins has been so successful; science fiction is sold much better than scientific works.
- Mario Bunge, philosopher and physicist. Lecture "Natural Pseudosciences", Universidad de la Punta, 57:26.
- Transferring genes between utterly unrelated species takes us into the realms that belong to God, and to God alone.
- Charles, Prince of Wales, cited in Awake! magazine 2000, 4/22.
- In a universe of blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won’t find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice.
- So you did do it. You amalgamated one of Godzilla's cells together with the plant's cells. Are you proud of this? What kind science do you call this?
- Naomi: Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code... it's unchangeable, immutable... But that's not all there is to life. I finally realized that. I told you before. The reason that I was interested in genes and DNA. Because I wanted to know who I was... where I came from. I thought that if I analyzed my DNA I could find out who I was, who my parents were. And I thought that if I knew that, then I'd know what path I should take in life. But I was wrong. I didn't find anything. I didn't learn anything. Just like with the Genome Soldiers... you can input all the genetic information, but that doesn't make them into the strongest soldiers. The most we can say about DNA is that it governs a person's potential strengths... potential destiny. You mustn't allow yourself to be chained to fate... to be ruled by your genes. Humans can choose the type of life they want to live.
- Metal Gear Solid written by Hideo Kojima, Tomokazu Fukushima
- I think if we study the primates, we notice that a lot of these things that we value in ourselves, such as human morality, have a connection with primate behavior. This completely changes the perspective, if you start thinking that actually we tap into our biological resources to become moral beings. That gives a completely different view of ourselves than this nasty selfish-gene type view that has been promoted for the last 25 years.
- Sevarius: It seems one of the test subjects escaped.
- Xanatos: "Test subjects"?
- Sevarius: Oh, don't worry. We got her back. Look.
- Xanatos: You grew these from scratch this quickly?
- Sevarius: Well, no. That would have taken too long. I used a shortcut. Human protocols. Human test subjects injected with a mutagenic formula.
- Derek: What?! This is what you've been funding here?
- Xanatos: I had no idea.
- Gargoyles (TV series) Metamorphosis written by Lydia Marano & Brynne Chandler Reaves
- Jerome: For the genetically superior, success is easier to attain but is by no means guaranteed.
- From the film Gattaca written by Andrew Niccol
- I stand by my assertions that although you can know what happens to any individual species that you modify, you cannot be certain what will happen to the ecosystem. Also, we have a strange situation where we have malnourished fat people. It’s not that we need more food. It’s that we need to manage our food system better. So when corporations seek government funding for genetic modification of food sources, I stroke my chin.
- I went to Monsanto, and I spent a lot of time with the scientists there, and I have revised my outlook, and I'm very excited about telling the world. When you’re in love, you want to tell the world.
- Bill Nye Kollipara, Puneet (March 3, 2015). "Proof he’s the Science Guy: Bill Nye is changing his mind about GMOs". The Washington Post. Retrieved on October 15, 2015.
- Everyone is scared of genetic DIY. It's crucial for artists to work with such technologies. It is important that we work between science and art.
- Genetic engineering crosses a fundamental threshold in the human manipulation of the planet, changing the nature of life itself.
- Douglas Parr, scientist and activist, cited in Awake! magazine 2000, 4/22.