Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is a stage play taking place in the Harry Potter universe, more than twenty years after the events of the last book. The script was written by Jack Thorne, based on a story written by J.K. Rowling and John Tiffany. The play officially premiered in London's West End on 30 July 2016.
- (portrait) Perfection is beyond the reach of humankind, beyond the reach of magic.
Albus Severus Potter
- I'm not sure being fearless is going to be good for your health.
- I am the new past. I am the new future. I am the answer this world has been looking for.
- I'm being bossed around by Hermione Granger... And I'm mildly enjoying it.
- The best bits of you are - have always been - heroic in really quiet ways.
- [quoting Dumbledore] The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.
- [weeping] I shouldn't have survived. It was my destiny to die - even Dumbledore thought so - and yet I lived. I beat Voldemort. All these people... all these people - my parents, Fred, the Fallen Fifty - and it's me that gets to live? How is that? All this damage, and it's my fault.
- My parents were dentists. I was bound to rebel at some point.
- [on his daughter, Rose] I have no idea where she gets her ambition from.
- Nothing scares me. Apart from Mum.
- I am probably the most chilled out of all of us and... so maybe transfiguring into him - into the Dark Lord - will do less damage to me than any of you more... intense people.
Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy
- I opened a book. Something which has - in all my years on this planet - never been a particularly dangerous activity.
- My geekness is a-quivering.
- The world changes, and we change with it. I am better off in this world. But the world is not better. And I don't want that.
- Tell Albus - tell Albus Severus - I'm proud he carries my name. Now go. Go.
- Scorpius Malfoy: It's time that time-turning became a thing of the past.
- Albus Severus Potter: You're quite proud of that phrase, aren't you?
- Scorpius Malfoy: Been working on it all day.
- [Scorpius wonders aloud if the rumors that he's Voldemort's illegitimate son might be true.]
- Albus Severus Potter: No. They’re not true. And I'll tell you why. Because I don’t think Voldemort is capable of having a kind son — and you’re kind, Scorpius. To the depths of your belly, to the tips of your fingers. I truly believe Voldemort — Voldemort couldn’t have a child like you.
- Scorpius: That’s nice — that’s a nice thing to say.
- Ron Weasley: I mean, we've been together so long - and married for so long - I mean, so long...
- Hermione Granger: If this is your way of saying you want a marital break, Ron, just to be clear, I will skewer you with this quill.
- Ron Weasley: Shut up. Will you shut up for once? I want to do one of those marriage renewal things I've read about. Marriage renewal. What do you think?
- Hermione Granger: ...You want to marry me again?
- Ron Weasley: Well, we were only young when we did it the first time, and I got very drunk and - well, to be honest, I can't remember much of it and... the truth is, I love you, Hermione Granger, and whatever time says - I'd like the opportunity to say so in front of lots of other people. Again. Sober.
- [surrounded by Dementors]
- Ron Weasley: I'm scared.
- Hermione Granger: Kiss me.
- [in an alternate timeline]
- Severus Snape: I'm dead, presumably. You were a little too surprised to see me. How?
- Scorpius Malfoy: Bravely.
- Severus Snape: Who?
- Scorpius Malfoy: Voldemort.
- Severus Snape: How very irritating.
- [trapped in 1981]
- Albus Severus Potter: We get a message to Dad, he'll find a way to get back here. Even if he has to build a Time-Turner himself.
- Scorpius Malfoy: We send a memory - like a Pensieve - stand over him and send a message, hope he reaches for the memory at exactly the right moment. I mean, it's unlikely, but... stand over the baby and just repeatedly shout "HELP! HELP! HELP!" I mean, it might traumatize the baby slightly...
- Albus Severus Potter: Only slightly.
- Scorpius Malfoy: A bit of trauma now is nothing compared to what's happening... and maybe when he then thinks - later - he might remember the faces of us as we shouted...
- Albus Severus Potter: "Help"?
- Scorpius Malfoy: ...You're right, it's a terrible idea.
- Albus Severus Potter: It's one of your worst ideas ever.
- [trapped in 1981]
- Scorpius Malfoy: Got it! We deliver it ourselves. We wait forty years, we deliver it-
- Albus Severus Potter: Not a chance. Once Delphi has set time the way she wants, she'll send armies to try and find us, kill us...
- Scorpius Malfoy: So we hide in a hole?
- Albus Severus Potter: As pleasurable as it will be to hide in a hole with you for the next forty years... they'll find us.
- [in Godric's Hollow]
- Hermione Granger: You remember when we were last here? This feels just like old times.
- Ron Weasley: Old times with a few unwelcome ponytails added to the mix.
- Draco Malfoy: [stung] Can I just say-
- Ron Weasley: Malfoy, you may be all chummy chummy with Harry, and you may have produced a relatively nice child, but you've said some very unfair things to and about my wife...
- Hermione Granger: And your wife doesn't need you fighting her battles for her.
- Albus: This is all my fault!
- Ginevra Potter: Funny, your father thinks it's his. You're a lot alike that way.
- Delphini Diggory: I just wanted to know my father.
- Harry Potter: You can't remake your life. You'll always be an orphan. That never leaves you.
- Albus Severus Potter: Rose hates you.
- Scorpius Malfoy: Correction, she used to hate me, but did you see the look in her eyes when I asked? That wasn't hate, that was pity.
- Albus Severus Potter: And pity's good?
- Scorpius Malfoy: Pity is a start, my friend, a foundation on which to build a palace - a palace of love
- Rose Weasley: This is only going to be weird if you let it be weird.
- Scorpius Malfoy: Received and totally understood.
- Harry Potter: Those names you have, they shouldn't be a burden. Albus Dumbledore had his trials too. And Severus Snape, well, you know all about him.
- Albus Severus Potter: They were good men.
- Harry Potter: They were great men, with huge flaws. And you know what? Those flaws almost made them greater.
|Harry Potter (book series, film series) by J. K. Rowling|
|Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||book||films part 1 and part 2|
|Harry Potter and the Cursed Child||play|
|last words in Harry Potter media||books||films||games|
|Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them||book||film|
|Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald||film|
|Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore||film|