Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 is a 2010 film in which Harry, while racing against time and evil to destroy the Horcruxes, uncovers the existence of the three most powerful objects in the wizarding world: the Deathly Hallows. The film is the first part of the final film in the Harry Potter film series.
- [Referring to Voldemort] The longer we stay here, the stronger he gets.
- [to Ron and Hermione while Dobby lies dying] HELP ME!
- [last lines] I want to bury him. Properly, without magic.
- If Voldemort really has taken over the Ministry, none of the old places are safe.
- [Whacking Ron with a backpack with each word after he returns] You...complete...ARSE, Ronald Weasley! You show up here after WEEKS, and you say 'Hey'?!
- Ron got splinched!
- [Image from the Horcrux] Who could look at you next to the famous Harry Potter?
- Forest of Dean. I came here once with Mum and Dad. That was years ago. It's just how I remember it. The trees, the river, everything. Like nothing's changed... not true of course. Everything's changed. If I brought them back here now, they'd probably not recognize any of it. Not the trees, not the river... not even me. [Pause] Maybe we should just stay here, Harry. Grow old... [Another pause] You wanted to know who the boy in the photograph was. I know. Gellert Grindlewald. [Hands Harry The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore]
- [Reading the Tale of the Three Brothers] There were once three brothers who were traveling along a lonely winding road at twilight. In time, the brothers reached a river too treacherous to pass, but being learned in the magical arts, the three brothers simply waved their wands and made a bridge. Before they could cross, however, they found their path blocked by a hooded figure. It was Death, and he felt cheated. Cheated because travelers would normally drown in the river, but Death was cunning. He pretended to congratulate the three brothers on their magic and said that each had earned a prize for having been clever enough to evade him. The oldest asked for a wand more powerful than any in existence, so Death fashioned him one from an elder tree that stood nearby. The second brother decided he wanted to humiliate Death even further and asked for the power to recall loved ones from the grave, so Death plucked a stone from the river and offered it to him. Finally Death turned to the third brother. A humble man, he asked for something that would allow him to go forth from that place without being followed by Death. And so it was that Death reluctantly handed over his own cloak of invisibility. The first brother traveled to a distant village. While with the Elder Wand in hand, he killed a wizard with whom he had once quarreled. Drunk with the power that the Elder Wand had given him, he bragged of his invincibility. But that night, another wizard stole the wand and slit the brother's throat for good measure. And so Death took the first brother for his own. The second brother journeyed to his home, where he took the stone and turned it thrice in hand. To his delight, the girl he had once hoped to marry before her untimely death appeared before him. Yet soon she turned sad and cold, for she did not belong in the mortal world. Driven mad with hopeless longing, the second brother killed himself so as to join her. And so Death took the second brother. As for the third brother, Death searched for many years but was never able to find him. Only when he attained a great age did the youngest brother shed the Cloak of Invisibility and give it to his son. He then he greeted Death as an old friend and went with him gladly, departing this life as equals.
- We forgot to celebrate your birthday Harry! Ginny and I, we prepared a cake! We were going to bring it out at the end of the wedding!
- Shaftesbury Avenue. I used to come to the theater here with mum and dad. I don't know why I thought of that, it just popped into my head.
- To Harry! It belongs to Harry. It came to him when he most needed it in the Chamber of Secrets.
- I've had all the essentials packed for days, just in case.
- [Referring to Hermione] We won't last two days without her. [pause] Don't tell her I said that.
- [about Hermione's copy of "The Tales Of Beedle The Bard"] Mum used to read those to me as a kid! "The Wizard and the Hopping Pot", "Babbity Rabbity And Her Cackling Stump"... [Harry and Hermione both look lost] Come on! Babitty Rabbity... No?
- [after barely managing to destroy a horcrux] Just think. Only three more to go.
- The deluminator. It doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know how it worked but Christmas morning, I was sleeping in this little pub, keeping away from some Snatchers, and I heard it. A voice. Your voice, Hermione. You said my name. Just my name. Like a whisper. So I took it, clicked it and this tiny ball of light appeared. And I knew. It flew towards me, the ball of light, right through my chest and straight through me. Right here. [touches his heart] And I knew it was going to take me where I needed to go.
- [About Xenophilius] That treacherous little bleeder! Is there no one we can trust?
- As inspiring as I find your bloodlust, Bellatrix, I must be the one to kill Harry Potter.
- [to Ron via Horcrux] I have seen your heart, and it is mine.
- To those of you who do not know. We are joined tonight by Ms. Charity Burbage, who until recently taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her specialty was Muggle Studies. It is Ms. Burbage's belief that Muggles are not so different from us. She would, given her way, have us mate with them. Such behavior, in her eyes, is not an abomination, but something to be encouraged.
Dobby the House Elf
- [After Luna calls him, "Sir"] Sir? I like her very much!
- [After dropping a chandelier from the ceiling] Dobby did not mean to kill anyone! Dobby only meant to maim, or seriously injure!
- (when yelled at by Bellatrix about defying his masters) Dobby has no master. Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!
- [last words] Such a beautiful place, to be with friends. Dobby is happy to be with his friend, Harry Potter.
- Rufus Scrimgeour: [First lines] These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to our citizenry: We, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry remains, strong.
- Neville Longbottom: [Confronting Death Eaters on the train] Hey losers, he isn't here.
- Luna Lovegood: [to her father] Harry doesn't want to talk to us right now. He's just too polite to say so.
- Luna Lovegood: [to Harry] We should close his eyes, don't you think? [closes Dobby's eyes] There. Now he could be sleeping.
- Xenophilius Lovegood: [draws a line] The Elder Wand, the most powerful wand ever made. [draws a circle] The Resurrection Stone. [draws a triangle] The Cloak of Invisibility. Together, they make the Deathly Hallows. Together, they make one master of death.
- Cormac McLaggen: [Confronted with Death Eaters on the train to Hogwarts] My father will hear about this.
- Lucius Malfoy: [To Scabior] You dare to talk to me like that in my own house?!
- Fred and George Weasley: [after each taking a potion to make them look like Harry] Wow! We're identical!
- Ginny Weasley: [while Harry zips her dress up] Seems silly, doesn't it? A wedding. Given everything that's going on.
- Harry Potter: Maybe that's the best reason to have it. Because of everything that's going on.
- [She turns to him and they kiss. George sneaks into the kitchen silently; he stirs a cup of tea and sticks the spoon in the hole where his ear was.]
- George Weasley: [after Ginny spots him and stopped kissing Harry] Morning.
- Hermione Granger: [upon arriving at Godric's Hollow] We should have taken Polyjuice.
- Harry Potter: No... this is where I was born. I won't return as someone else.
- Harry Potter: This is mental.
- Hermione Granger: Completely.
- Ron Weasley: The world's mental.
- Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody: Potter, you're underage, which means you still have the Trace on you.
- Harry Potter: What's the Trace?
- Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody: If you sneeze, the Ministry will know who wipes your nose. Point is, we'll have to use those means of transport the Trace can't detect: Brooms, Thestrals, and the like; we'll go in pairs. That way if anyone's out there waiting for us, and I reckon there will be... they won't know which Harry Potter is the real one.
- Harry Potter: The real one?
- Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody: [brings out Polyjuice Potion] I reckon that you're familiar with this particular brew.
- Harry Potter: [recognizes it] No, absolutely not.
- Hermione Granger: Told you he'd take it well.
- Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody: For those of you who haven't taken Polyjuice Potion before, fair warning: It tastes like goblin piss.
- Fred Weasley: Have lots of experience with that, do you, Mad-Eye? ...Just trying to diffuse the tension.
- Kingsley Shacklebolt: [pointing his wand at Lupin] The last words that Albus Dumbledore said to the pair of us?
- Remus Lupin: "Harry is the best hope we have. Trust him."
- Lord Voldemort: Severus. I was beginning to worry that you had lost your way. Come, we've saved you a seat. You bring news, I trust?
- Severus Snape: It will happen Saturday next, at nightfall.
- Yaxley: I heard differently, my Lord. Dawlish, the Auror, has let slip that the Potter boy will not be moved until the 30th of this month, the day before he turns 17.
- Severus Snape: This is a false trail. The Auror office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry Potter.
- Fred Weasley: [walking into burrow and seeing the injured George] How you feeling, Georgie?
- George Weasley: [quietly] Saint-like.
- Fred Weasley: [confused pause] Come again?
- George Weasley: Saint like. I'm holy... [Points to spot where his ear is missing] Holey, get it?
- Fred Weasley: [laughs quietly] The whole world of ear-related humor, and you go for, "I'm holy"? You're pathetic.
- George Weasley: Reckon I'm still better looking than you.
- Lord Voldemort: What say you, Pius?
- Pius Thicknesse: One hears many things my Lord, as if the truth is among them is not clear.
- Lord Voldemort: Ha! Spoken like a true politician. You will, I think, prove most useful, Pius.
- [Harry, Ron, and Hermione are in their tent, and Harry and Hermione are discussing a theory on how they could destroy the rest of the Horcruxes with the sword of Godric Gryffindor.]
- Harry Potter: There's just one problem.
- Ron Weasley: The sword was stolen. [Walks up, turns the lamp back on with his Deluminator. Ron has a stony look on his face.] Yeah. I'm still here. But you two carry on. Don't let me spoil your fun.
- Harry Potter: What's wrong?
- Ron Weasley: Well, nothing's wrong. Not according to you, anyway.
- Harry Potter: Look, if you've got something to say, don't be shy. Spit it out.
- Ron Weasley: All right, I'll spit it out. But don't expect me to be grateful just because now there's another damn thing we've gotta find.
- Harry Potter: I thought you knew what you signed up for!
- Ron Weasley: Yeah. I thought I did, too.
- Harry Potter: Well then, I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. What part of this isn't living up to your expectations? Did you think we were gonna be staying in a five-star hotel? Finding a Horcrux every other day? You thought you'd be back with your mum by Christmas?
- Ron Weasley: I just thought after all this time we would have actually achieved something! I thought you knew what you were doing! I thought Dumbledore would've told you something worthwhile! I thought you had a plan!
- Harry Potter: I told you everything Dumbledore told me! And in case you haven't noticed, we have found a Horcrux already.
- Ron Weasley: [bitterly] Yeah and we're about as close to getting rid of it as we are to finding the rest of them, aren't we?
- Hermione Granger: [trying to intervene] Ron, please. [She tries to take the locket off of Ron, but he angrily shoves her away] Please take the Horcrux off! You won't be saying any of this if you hadn't been wearing it all day!
- Ron Weasley: You don't know why I listen to that radio every night, do ya? To make sure I don't hear Ginny's name. Or Fred, or George, or Mum--
- Harry Potter: What, you think I'm not listening too? You think I don't know how this feels?!
- Ron Weasley: No, you don't know how it feels! Your parents are dead! You have no family!
- [Furious at what Ron just said, Harry attacks him]
- Hermione Granger: Stop! Stop! [pulls the boys apart]
- Harry Potter: Fine then, go!! Go then!
- [Ron wrenches the locket off and gets his bag]
- Hermione Granger: Ron...
- Ron Weasley: [turns to Hermione] And you? Are you coming or are you staying?
- [Hermione looks torn; she glances from Harry to Ron in shock]
- Ron Weasley: Fine. I get it. I saw you two the other night.
- Hermione Granger: [tears in her eyes] Ron, that's - that's nothing!
- Ron Weasley: How long do you think she'll stay mad at me?
- Harry Potter: Just keep talking about that little ball of light touching your heart, and she'll come 'round.
- Fred and George: [disguised as Harry] Wow, we're identical!
- Moody: Not yet, you're not.
- Harry Potter: [about Ron, after he returns] You're not still mad at him, are you?
- Hermione Granger: I'm always mad at him.
- Dobby the House Elf: [in the kitchen at Grimmauld Place] And then Dobby saw Kreacher talking to the thief Mundungus...
- Mundungus Fletcher: [interrupting] I'm not a thief! You foul little... git! I'm a buyer and purveyor of valuable and wondrous objects.
- Ron Weasley: You're a thief, Dung, everyone knows it!
- Remus Lupin: What creature sat in the corner the first time Harry Potter visited my office in Hogwarts?
- Harry Potter: ARE YOU MAD?
- Remus Lupin: WHAT CREATURE!?
- Harry Potter: A Grindylow!
- Remus Lupin: [releases Harry] We've been betrayed. Voldemort knew you were coming tonight. I had to make sure you're not an impostor.
- Kingsley Shacklebolt: What gave you away?
- Harry Potter: Hedwig, I think. She was trying to protect me.
- Ron Weasley: [as Cattermole] Morning.
- Harry Potter: [as Runcorn] Ron, it's me.
- Ron Weasley: [as Cattermole] Harry! Blimey, forgot what you look like. Where's Hermione?
- Harry Potter: [as Runcorn] She's gone down to the courtrooms, with Umbridge.
- Ron Weasley: [as Cattermole] Oh, my God. What am I gonna do? My wife's all alone downstairs.
- Harry Potter: [as Runcorn] Ron, you don't have a wife.
- Ron Weasley: [as Cattermole] Oh, right.
- Yaxley: Cattermole. It's still raining inside my office. That's two days now.
- Ron Weasley: [as Cattermole] Have you tried an umbrella?
- [Umbridge is presiding over Mrs. Cattermole's Hearing, while Harry (disguised as Albert Runcorn), witnesses, Ron (disguised as her husband, Reg), takes his place beside her, and Hermione (disguised as Mafalda Hopkirk) records the minutes]
- Umbridge: Mary Elizabeth Cattermole?
- Mrs. Cattermole: Yes?
- Umbridge: A wand was taken from you upon your arrival at the Ministry today, Mrs. Cattermole. [holds up said wand] Is this that wand? [She nods] Would you please tell the court from which witch or wizard you took this wand?
- Mrs. Cattermole: I didn't take it! I got it in Diagon Alley, at Ollivanders, when I was 11. It chose me!
- Umbridge: You're lying. Wands only choose witches, and you are not a witch.
- Mrs. Cattermole: But I am! [To Ron] Tell them, Reg! Tell them what I am! [Ron is silent] Reg, tell them what I am.
- [Harry sees the locket, and his anger becomes too much. He withdraws his wand]
- Umbridge: What on earth are you doing, Albert?
- Harry: [As Runcorn] You're lying, Dolores... [Umbridge looks shocked, and Hermione tenses up] And one mustn't tell lies. Stupefy!
- [He stuns Umbridge, knocking her out. Yaxley goes for his wand, but Ron gets there first and stuns him, while Hermione quickly scrabbles for the locket]
- [Bellatrix holds Hermione and Griphook hostage]
- Bellatrix: [At Griphook] Consider yourself lucky, Goblin. [involving Hermione] The same won't be said for this one.
- Ron Weasley: Like hell! [charges upstairs to strike at Bellatrix] Expelliarmus!
- Vernon Dursley: This isn't just goodbye, boy, is it? This is farewell.
- Dudley Dursley: I don't understand. Isn't he coming with us?
- Vernon Dursley: Who?
- Dudley Dursley: Harry.
- Vernon Dursley: Absolutely not.
- Dudley Dursley: Why?
- Vernon Dursley: Why? [stammering] Because he doesn't want to. Do you, boy?
- Harry Potter: Absolutely not, no. Besides, I'm just a waste of space. Isn't that right, Vernon?
- Vernon Dursley: Come on Dudley. We're off.
- [Dudley shakes Harry's hand]
- Dudley Dursley: I don't think you're a waste of space.
- Harry Potter: Thanks. [Dudley goes back to the car with his parents] [Smiles at Dudley] See you, Big D.
- [Harry finds Aunt Petunia standing alone in the empty living room]
- Aunt Petunia: I have lived in this house for twenty years, and now in a single night, I'm expected to leave.
- Harry Potter: They'll torture you. If they think for a moment you know where I'm going, they'll stop at nothing.
- Aunt Petunia: [pause] You think I don't know what they're capable of? You didn't just lose a mother that night in Godric's Hollow, you know. I lost a sister. [leaves]
- The End Begins
- Nowhere Is Safe
- Part 1 Of The Epic Finale
- The Hunt Begins
- Trust No One
- Daniel Radcliffe - Harry Potter
- Rupert Grint - Ron Weasley
- Emma Watson - Hermione Granger
- Helena Bonham Carter - Bellatrix Lestrange
- Robbie Coltrane - Rubeus Hagrid
- Warwick Davis - Griphook
- Tom Felton - Draco Malfoy
- Ralph Fiennes - Lord Voldemort
- Michael Gambon - Albus Dumbledore
- Brendan Gleeson - Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody
- Richard Griffiths - Vernon Dursley
- John Hurt - Garrick Ollivander
- Rhys Ifans - w:Xenophilius Lovegood
- Jason Isaacs - Lucius Malfoy
- Bill Nighy - Rufus Scrimgeour
- Alan Rickman - Severus Snape
- Fiona Shaw - Petunia Dursley
- Timothy Spall - Peter Pettigrew
- Imelda Staunton - Dolores Umbridge
- w:David Thewlis - Remus Lupin
- Julie Walters - Molly Weasley
- Official website
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 at Allmovie
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 at Rotten Tomatoes
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 at Mojo
|Harry Potter (book series, film series) by J. K. Rowling|
|Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||book||films part 1 and part 2|
|last words in Harry Potter media||books||films||games|