Last words in X-Men media
Following is a list of last words from various X-Men media.
- You madman! You'll kill us both!!
- Who: Count Nefaria
- Note: See below for more details on death.
- I'm a warrior of the Apache AND I INTEND TO PROVE IT! [Banshee: For God's sake laddie, get off the plane!]
- Who: Thunderbird (John Proudstar)
- Notes: Character was tearing up the plane Count Nefaria was attempting to escape in. Despite Banshee's warnings he refused to leap off and the plane exploded, killing both him and the Count.
- Do it!
- Who: Sabretooth/Victor Creed
- Source: Wolverine Vol.3 #55
- Note: Said to his long-time rival, Wolverine, who beheads him with the Muramasa blade (which his healing factor cannot counter). Sabretooth is somehow later revived.
X-Men: Manifest Destiny
- Keep MOVING! They're muy lento--
- Who: El Vampiro
- Source: Eternals #9
- Note: Though apparently killed, he then appears in a bar that is actually a form of cosmic limbo.
- Well, I think you've got...one less person to...to be afraid of...
- Who: Senator Kelly
- Notes: Kelly, an anti-mutant Senator, is dying of complications related to Magneto's mutation weapon, which is gradually turning him into a liquid. Storm says that she is afraid of some humans, and he says this line before his body completely liquifies.
- Don't you people ever die?!
- Who: Toad
- Note: Said to Storm before being blasted into NYC Harbor by her lightning and wind assault.
- You owe me a scream.
- Who: Sabretooth
- Note: Said before being blown out of the Statue of Liberty into a boat below. May not have died.
- What are you doing?
- Who: Mitchell Laurio
- Notes: Said as Magneto levitates him off the ground, due to the high levels of iron in his blood. Magneto then kills him by pulling all the iron out.
- He's going to be so mad at me!
- Who: Jason Stryker/Mutant 143
- Notes: Jason had been lobotomized by his father, General Stryker, and therefore couldn't speak. This line is said by his illusion form, a little girl, when Storm's ice storm causes his illusion to break. He is then crushed when Cerebro 2 collapses.
- One day someone will finish what I've started, Wolverine! One day!! One day!!!
- Who: William Stryker
- Note: Styker had been left chained to a wall by Magneto. Wolverine leaves him there, where he drowns when the area is flooded by a destroyed dam.
- No. No.
- Who: Cyclops
- Notes: Determined to find girlfriend Jean Grey's body, Cyclops returned to the lake where she supposedly drowned. Much to his surprise, she sprang forth from the water as Phoenix. Jean asks him to remove his glasses, which he initially refuses. While he is never verified dead, as the scene ends before he dies, Wolverine finds his visor at the scene and a gravestone for Cyclops is shown at the end of the film.
- Don't let it control you.
- Who: Charles Xavier
- Note: Said to Jean Grey about the Phoenix, a part of her personality that she had suppressed for much of her life. Afterwards it destroys him by reducing him to nothing. He returns in another body at the end of the film.
- You would die for them? [Wolverine: No. Not for them...For you.]
- Save me.
- Who: Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix
- Note: First line is what Phoenix says to Wolverine as he draws near. (Wolverine then replies to her, which seems to bring Jean back momentarily.) Second line is said by Jean to Wolverine while briefly regaining control of her body from the Phoenix while it was destroying the entire landscape around it. Wolverine stabs her through the chest with his claws, killing her and ending the Phoenix's existence.
- I'm not afraid of you. I'm afraid of dying.
- Who: Chris Bradley
- Notes: Victor Creed replies "How do you know? You've never tried it before" before killing him.
- It's funny how innocent people tend to die around you!
- Who: Agent Zero
- Notes: Said to Wolverine, who then ignites the gasoline dripping from Zero's downed helicopter.
- Walk until you bleed... then keep walking!
- Who: Kayla Silverfox
- Notes: Said using her persuasion powers on Stryker, before dying from gunshot wounds.
- I don't want to hurt you, Erik. I never did. I want to help you. This is our time. Our age. We are the future of the human race. You and me, son. This world could be ours.
- Who: Sebastian Shaw
- Notes: Is afterwards paralyzed by Charles Xavier, and killed when Erik (later known as Magneto) passes a coin through his brain, gaining revenge for Shaw killing his mother(Shaw had previosly killed Erik's mother when Erik, at a young age, failed to complete a challenge he gave him to lift a coin with his magnetic powers, and now, Erik reprised this by challenging him to make a move before Erik throws the coin).
- Mariko. It's me, your grandfather.
- Who: Ichiro Yashida
- Notes: Seeking Logan's immortality, Yashida tries to steal it using his Silver Samurai armor. But Mariko stops him and he tries to reason with her, but she tells him she "buried [her] grandfather". Then Wolverine stabs him remembering how he asked him to come say goodbye, then he bids him "Sayonara!" before throwing Yashida into the sea.
- Hey, asshole!
- Who: Alex Summers
- Note: Attempting to attack Apocalypse after destroying the Cerebro to stop him from using it, but accidentally strikes the engine of the X-Jet, causing an explosion that engulfs the mansion. Although Peter Maximoff saves everyone else, Alex perishes in the explosion as he was right next to the blast when it occurred.
- Who: Archangel
- Note: After another fight with Nightcrawler, Archangel is killed when he is left trapped in the X-Men's crashing jet.
- I see now... everything has been revealed...
- Who: En Sabah Nur/Apocalypse
- Note: He says these words when he is finally defeated by the X-Men when Xavier encourages Jean to tap into her full power, the resulting blast seemingly disintegrating Apocalypse.
- Why deny who you are? Give in to the darkness!
- Stop. Leave me to die. [Nightcrawler: I'm sorry I could not save you, liebchin.] But you did save me! We both knew it had to be this way. Goodbye.
- Who: Jason Stryker
- Source: X-Men: The Official Game
- Notes: Character is killed when the Master Mold was destroyed by the X-Men. The first line is from the real Jason. The second is from the nicer ghost version of Jason, who then is able to finally cross over to the other side after the battle is over.
- This is it, runt. Just you and me! The last dance, to the death!
- Who: Sabretooth
- Source: X-Men: The Official Game
- Notes: Character fights Wolverine on top of the Master Mold, then both fall to the ground, with Sabretooth being impaled on a spike, and left by Wolverine to die.