(Redirected from X-Men (movie))
- Mutation: it is the key to our evolution. It has enabled us to evolve from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. Its process is slow, and normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward.
- [Senator Robert Kelly addresses Congress]
- Senator Robert Kelly: I have here a list of names of identified mutants living right here in the United States.
- Jean Grey: Senator-
- Senator Kelly: Here's a girl in Illinois who can walk through walls. Now what's to stop her from walking into a bank vault, or the White House, or [gestures toward the gallery] into their houses?
- Jean Grey: Senator, please —
- Senator Kelly: And there are even rumors, Miss Grey, of mutants so powerful that they can enter our minds and control our thoughts, taking away our God-given free will. Now I think the American people deserve the right to decide if they want their children to be in school with mutants. To be taught by mutants! Ladies and gentlemen, the truth is that mutants are very real, and that they are among us. We must know who they are, and above all, what they can do!
- [Professor Xavier, Jean, Cyclops, and Storm go over Wolverine's x-ray]
- Jean Grey: The metal is an alloy called adamantium. Supposedly indestructible. It's surgically grafted onto his entire skeleton.
- Storm: How could he have survived a procedure like that?
- Jean Grey: His mutation. He has uncharted regenerative capability, which enable him to heal rapidly. It also makes his age impossible to determine. He could very well be older than you, Professor.
- Cyclops: Who did this to him?
- Jean Grey: He doesn't know nor can he remember anything about his life before it happened.
- Professor Xavier: Experimentation on mutants. It's not unheard of, but I have never seen anything like this before.
- [Cyclops is not comfortable with Wolverine around Jean Grey]
- Wolverine: You gonna tell me to stay away from your girl?
- Cyclops: If I had to do that, she wouldn't be my girl.
- Wolverine: Well then, I guess you've got nothing to worry about, do you, Cyclops?
- Cyclops: It must burn you up that a boy like me saved your life, huh? Better be careful. I might not be there next time. Oh, and Logan — [grins] stay away from my girl.
- Magneto: You homo sapiens and your guns.
- Sabretooth: [Grabs Magneto's throat] That's enough Erik.
- Toad: Let them go.
- Magneto: Why not come out where I can see you, Charles?
- Xavier: What do you want her for?
- Magneto: Can't you read my mind? [tapping his helmet] And what now, save the girl? You'll have to kill me Charles, and what would that accomplish? Let them pass that law and they'll have you in chains with a number burned into your forehead!
- Xavier: It won't be that way.
- Magneto: Then kill me and find out. No? Then release me.
- [Sabertooth doesn't move, Toad starts walking off with Rogue]
- Magneto: Fine. [magnetically fires a bullet and stops it just before it goes through a cop's head] Care to press your luck, Charles? I don't think I can stop them all. [Xavier reluctantly releases his control over Toad and Sabretooth] Still unwilling to make sacrifices. That's what makes you weak. Goodbye, Charles.
- Wolverine: Magneto's right: There is a war coming. Are you sure you're on the right side?
- Storm: At least I've chosen a side.
- [Commenting on the X-Men uniforms.]
- Wolverine: You actually go outside in these things?
- Cyclops: Well, what would you prefer? Yellow spandex?
- [Storm arrives and walks to Logan.]
- Storm: Logan, is that you?
- Wolverine: Shhh. [Storm stumbles further to Logan, who sniffs the air] The other one ain't far away.
- Storm: [walks up behind him] Come on. We have to regroup.
- Wolverine: I know but there's a problem. [turns and stabs Storm with his claws] You're not part of the group! [Storm attempts to attack Wolverine, later reveals herself to be Mystique in disguise and collapses to the ground before shifting back to her original form.]
- [Xavier and Magneto play a game of chess at Magneto's cell]
- Magneto: Doesn't it ever wake you in the middle of the night? The feeling that someday they will pass that foolish law, or one just like it, and come for you and your children?
- Professor Xavier: It does, indeed.
- Magneto: What do you do when you wake up to that?
- Professor Xavier: I feel a great swell of pity for the poor soul who comes to that school looking for trouble.
- Magneto: [halts the game, sighs] Why do you come here, Charles?
- Professor Xavier: Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer? [motions the guard to take Xavier away.]
- Magneto: Ah yes, your continuing search for hope. [pause] You know this plastic prison of theirs won't hold me forever. The war is still coming, Charles, and I intend to fight it, by any means necessary.
- Professor Xavier: And I will always be there, old friend.
- [Erik concedes the game, knocking over his king]
About X-Men (film)
- There seems to be this embarrassment with superheroes in the culture. If you see the new X-Men movie, they all have to wear black leather because it makes them look cool and tough, because people are afraid to make the characters look like the characters.
- Craig McCracken 
- It bit me in particular with X-Men, where I was treated sort of shoddily. I was in England, very tired, and some fanzine asked a question, and I went kind of off. Well, of course, that fanzine was a web fanzine, I didn't know about this web thing. I hadn't really gleaned the fact that there wasn't such a thing as a guy with a photocopier handing out sheets of paper anymore. Everything I said got to the Fox executives before I went to bed that night. They were pissed, and they were right. That's not what you do.
- Joss Whedon 
- Join the Evolution.
- Protecting Those Who Fear Them.
- The time is coming when all that we are afraid of will be all that can save us.
- Trust a few. Fear the rest.
- We're Not What You Think.
- The future is here.
- Hugh Jackman - Logan/Wolverine
- Patrick Stewart - Xavier
- Ian McKellen - Magneto
- Famke Janssen - Jean Grey
- James Marsden - Cyclops
- Halle Berry - Storm
- Anna Paquin - Rogue
- Tyler Mane - Sabretooth
- Ray Park - Toad
- Rebecca Romijn-Stamos - Mystique
- Bruce Davison - Senator Kelly
- X-Men (comics)
- X-Men: The Last Stand
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- X-Men: First Class
- The Wolverine
- X-Men: Days of Future Past