Shrek Forever After
Shrek Forever After is a 2010 animated fantasy-comedy film, and it is the fourth and final installment in the Shrek film series. The film is released by DreamWorks Animation and is distributed by Paramount Pictures. It was released in cinemas on May 20, 2010 in Russia, on May 21 in the United States, Pakistan, Canada, India and on May 28 in Vietnam. The film was then released on June 17, 2010 in Australia and Sri Lanka and on July 2, 2010 in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Like the first three Shrek films, the film is based on fairy tale themes.
- [to Donkey] There's a stack of freshly made waffles in the middle of the forest! Don't you find that a wee bit suspicious?
- Okay, I know you don't remember me, but we got married. And at the birthday party with some pigs and a puppet, the villagers and this boy kept saying "Do the roar, do the roar!" Then I punched the cake that the pigs ate, and the next thing I knew, my donkey fell in your waffle hole.
- Fiona, I know everything about you. I know you sing so beautifully that birds explode. I know that when you sign your name, you put a heart over the I. I know that when you see a shooting star, you cross your fingers on both hands, squinch up your nose, and you make a wish. I know that you don't like the covers wrapped around your feet, and I know that you sleep by candlelight because every time you close your eyes, you're afraid you're going to wake up back in that tower. But mostly importantly, Fiona. I know that the reason that you turn human every day is because you've never been kissed. Well, by me.
- [to Fiona] All I want is for things to go back to the way they used to be, back when villagers were afraid of me and I could take a mud bath in peace, when I could do what I wanted when I wanted to do it, back when the world made sense!
- [to Fiona; while disappearing since his "day" is almost over] You know what the best part of today was? I got the chance to fall in love with you all over again.
- Please eat my face last and send my hooves to my momma!
- Are my kids cute or do they make people uncomfortable?
- Quiet, ogre! You're gonna get me in trouble and I need this job. I am not going back to work for Old MacDonald! Tell me to E-I-E-I-O. "E-I-E-I-No!" That's what I said.
- Help! I'm bein' ass-napped!
- [after seeing a plate of waffles, being used as bait] Yeah! Waffles! And I thought the Waffle-Fairy was just a bedtime story!
- HAPPY OGRE DAY!!!!
- "By night one way, by day another." Blah-di-blah-di-blah!
- Nobody's smart but me!
- Get them, witches!
- [As Rumpelstiltskin angrily scrunches up a page from a library book about Shrek]
- Pinocchio: Uh, sir? You're gonna have to pay for that.
- Rumpelstiltskin: Uh... M-m-maybe we can make a deal for it, little boy?
- Pinocchio: Oh, I'm not a real boy.
- Rumpelstiltskin: [looking devious] Do you wanna be?
- [Cut to Pinocchio kicking Rumpel out]
- Pinocchio: NOBODY NEEDS YOUR DEALS ANYMORE, RUMPLE STINKY-PANTS!
- Donkey: Man, you are a cat-tastrophe.
- Puss in Boots: And you, are ri-donk-ulous.
- [Both laugh]
- Donkey: Why don't you just tell her what you told me? You know, about how you're her true love and you came from an alternate universe.
- Shrek: Oh, and while I'm at it, why don't I tell her that you're married to a fire breathing dragon and you have little mutant donkey-dragon babies?
- Donkey: I do?
- Shrek: You saw what happened. She's going to think I'm crazy.
- Donkey: [Not listening] I'm a daddy?
- [Shrek meets the obese Puss]
- Puss: Feed me, if you dare.
- Shrek: Puss, what happened to you?! You got so fa... [Puss raises his eyebrow] fa... ncy!
- Puss: Do I know you?
- Shrek: Well, where's your hat? Where's your belt? [gasps softly] Your wee little boots?
- Puss: Boots? For a cat? [laughs dryly]
- Shrek: But you're Puss in Boots.
- Puss: Maybe once. But that is a name I have outgrown.
- Shrek: [wryly] That's not the only thing you've outgrown.
- Puss: Hey! I may have let myself go a little since retirement. But hanging up my sword was the best decision of my life. I have all the cream I can drink and all the mice I can chase. [a mouse runs up to his bowl and starts drinking out of it] Eh, I'll get him later. [starts drinking out of the bowl himself]
- Villagers with torches and pitchforks form a mob and chase after Shrek.
- Mob: We must find Shrek! Shrek! Shrek! Shrek!
- Woman: Hey, get back where you came from!
- Rumpelstiltskin: You're not going to eat me?
- Shrek: I already had a big bowl of curly-toed weirdo for breakfast.
- Butterpants: Do the roar!
- Shrek: [unenthusiastically] Roar.
- Butterpants: I don't like it.
- [Last lines]
- Shrek: You know, I always thought I'd rescued you from the Dragon's Keep.
- Princess Fiona: You did.
- Shrek: No, it was you who rescued me.
- Princess Fiona: "Watch the cake.....I'll go get them.
- Shrek: "Watch the cake?" (he notices the cake had been eaten up by the 3 Little Pigs) where's the cake?"
- 1st Little Pig: We ate the cake...
- 2nd Little Pig: Ja...
- Shrek: "What?!?"
- Fergus: [Crying And Wailing]
- Shrek: "No... don't cry."
- [crowd cheering]
- Fiona: Shrek? Are you okay?
- Crowd: [ chanting] Shrek! Shrek! Shrek!
- [Shrek yells and smashes the cake with his fist]
- The Final Chapter
- Bake no prisoners
- It ain't ogre... til it's ogre
- The fairy tale is ogre
- Waffles in the face of danger
- Feed me! If you dare!
- Where my witches at?
- What the Shrek just happened?
- Mike Myers as Shrek
- Eddie Murphy as Donkey
- Cameron Diaz as Princess Fiona
- Antonio Banderas as Puss in Boots
- Walt Dohrn as Rumpelstiltskin / Priest / Krekraw Ogre
- Conrad Vernon as Gingy
- Aron Warner as Big Bad Wolf
- Christopher Knights as Three Blind Mice
- Cody Cameron as Pinocchio, Three Little Pigs
- Julie Andrews as Queen Lillian
- Jon Hamm as Brogan the Ogre
- Craig Robinson as Cookie the Ogre
- Jane Lynch as Gretched the Ogre
- John Cleese as King Harold
- Chris Miller as Magic Mirror, Mr. Geppetto
- Kristen Schaal as Pumpkin Witch, Palace Witch
- Mary Kay Place as Guard Witch
- Meredith Vieira as Broomsy Witch
- Kathy Griffin as Taran
- Lake Bell as Patrol Witch, Wagon Witch #2
- Jeremy Steig as Pied Piper
- Larry King as Doris the Ugly Stepsister
- Regis Philbin as Mabel the Ugly Stepsister
- Ryan Seacrest as Butterpants' father
- Mike Mitchell as Butterpants
- Justin Timberlake as Arthur Pendragon (deleted scene)