These quotes relate to w:alcoholic beverage. However the link is to w:alcohol, which is about the chemistry of organic chemical compounds containing the OH group. Can you fix this? Thanks, w:User:Walkerma
I wonder whether it would be easier to read if the quotes were separated by for and against. It would make it much easy when researching for alcohol related papers.
Erm... why was my correction removed?
The correct quote for A.E Housman is "Malt does more than Milton can" not "Scotch does more than Milton can." The quote is presented correctly under the "beer" body of quotes. So you know I'm not just making this up. It's minor, I know, but it makes a difference.
- I fought against a bottle, but I had to do it drunk
- Leonard Cohen, Canadian singer, poet and novelist
- There is scarcely a crime before me that is not directly or indirectly caused by strong drink.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy says that the effect of a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.
- Here's what the Encyclopedia Galactica has to say about alcohol. It says that alcohol is a colourless volatile liquid formed by the fermentation of sugars and also notes its intoxicating effect on certain carbon-based life forms.
- One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I'm having a good time.
- The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.
- It only takes one drink to get me drunk-- I can just never remember if its the eighth or ninth.
- When I sell liquor, it's bootlegging. When my customers serve it on Lake Shore Drive, it's hospitality.
- I drink too much. Way too much. I gave a urine sample, there was an olive in it.
- My family was a bunch of drunks. When I was six I came up missing, they put my picture on a bottle of scotch.
- Bacchus hath drowned more men than Neptune.
- My manager told me, Mitch, don't use alcohol as a crutch. I can't use alcohol as a crutch because a crutch is something that helps me walk. Alcohol severely fucks up the way I walk. It's more like the step I didn't see.
- Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
- I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They must have that morning feeling all the time.
- If you drink, don't drive. Don't even putt.
- You are not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
- An abstainer is the sort of man you wouldn't want to drink with even if he did.
- I drink to make other people interesting.
- Being hungover is like winning the lottery, except they pay you in regret.
- To alcohol: the cause of --- and solution to --- all of life's problems.
- I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
- Alcohol is the answer... What was the question?
- If when you say 'whiskey' you mean the devil's brew, the poison scourge, the bloody monster that defiles innocence, dethrones reason... then I am certainly against it. But, if when you say 'whiskey' you mean the oil of conversation, the philosophic wine... the drink that enables a man to magnify his joy... then I am certainly for it. This is my stand. I will not retreat from it. I will not compromise.
- It is all well and good for children and acid freaks to still believe in Santa Claus — but it is still a profoundly morbid day for us working professionals. It is unsettling to know that one out of every twenty people you meet on Xmas will be dead this time next year... Some people can accept this, and some can't. That is why God made whiskey, and also why Wild Turkey comes in $300 shaped canisters during most of the Christmas season.
- I wouldn't recommend drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.
- Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
- When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
- My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle.
- The wine-cup is glad! Dear Zenophile's lip
It boasts to have touched when she stooped down to sip.
Happy wine-cup! I wish that, with lips joined to mine,
All my soul at a draught she would drink up like wine.
- When I think of all the people I respect the most, you're right there, serving them drinks.
- Scott Adams
Those dry Martinis were too much for me.
Last night I really felt immense,
To-day I feel like thirty cents;
It is no time for mirth and laughter
In the cold gray dawn of the morning after.
- George Ade
- Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbour. It makes you shoot at your landlord and it makes you miss him.
- Irish proverb
- Everybody has to believe in something... I believe I'll have another drink.
- I cook with wine, and sometimes I even add it to the food.
- Christmas at my house is always at least six or seven times more pleasant than anywhere else. We start drinking early. And while everyone else is seeing only one Santa Claus, we'll be seeing six or seven.
- How well I remember my first encounter with The Devil's Brew. I happened to stumble across a case of bourbon— and went right on stumbling for several days thereafter.
- I certainly do not drink all the time. I have to sleep you know.
- I exercise extreme self control. I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast.
- More people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol.
- The cost of living has gone up another dollar a quart.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house unless they have a well-stocked bar.
- When life hands you lemons, make whisky sours.
- Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snake bite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.
- They don't want us to drink and drive, but you need a drivers license to buy alcohol and why do bars have parking lots?
- Bob and Tom in the Morning.
- You know you have a drinking problem when the bartender knows your name. And you've never been to that bar before.
- Have you ever been so drunk you wet the bed? Not even sleeping, just standing over, pissing on it?
- I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk, I fall down. No problem!
- unknown, but included as Dwarven joke from World of Warcraft
- The only alcohol problem I have is not having any.
- Wine goes with wine and the two should never part.
- I drink to forget all the stupid things I do when I'm drunk.
- There are more old drunkards than there are old doctors.
- I have an alcohol allergy... Every time I drink, I break out in hand cuffs.