The Legend of Korra (season 3)
The following is a list of quotes from the third season The Legend of Korra.
A Breath of Fresh Air [3.01]
- Korra: Can't talk. Meditating.
- Tenzin: (amused) You must be at the end of your rope; you hate meditating.
- Korra: (stands up, sadly) I thought that, if I really tried, I might be able to contact my past Avatars- someone who knows something to help me! But I can't. They're gone, and I'm all alone. (glances at Tenzin) Did I ruin everything by leaving the Spirit Portals open?
- Tenzin: You didn't ruin anything. You did what you thought was best for the world, and now things have changed. Change can be good or bad, depending on your point of view.
- Korra: (sighs) I know the people's point of view- it's bad.
- Tenzin: You're not the President, Korra. Your job isn't to fix the daily problems of every person in Republic City. Your responsibility is to bring balance to the entire world- and that means, no matter what you do, some people are not going to be happy about it.
- Korra: (sits down) Great.
- Tenzin: (sits next to her) On the other hand, some people will be very happy. Like me. What you did during Harmonic Convergance may have brought back the Air Nation. And that can only be good, for restoring balance. That is the act of a great Avatar.
- Korra: It's scary. I have all this power, and all these people depending on me... but, I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing half the time! It seems like I should be... wiser.
- Tenzin: True wisdom begins when we accept things as they are. You started a new age, Korra. There's no going back to the past.
- Reporter: Mr. President, are you concerned that your approval ratings are now nearly as low as the Avatar's? Have you seen today's headline? It says, "Raik-oh-no! Polls pan Prez plans!"
- Raiko: I'm not concerned with snappy putdowns in the press. I'm facing this calamity just like every other citizen. There's a tree growing right through my office! You think I'm not doing everything I can to get rid of it?
- [Korra arrives on her glider]
- Reporter 1: Avatar Korra! Do you regret the way you handled the Unalaq crisis?
- Reporter 2: Why are your forcing the integration of spirits in Republic City?
- Korra: Listen, I've been trying everything I can think of to get rid of these vines, but-
- Reporter 3: Why can't you fix this!!?
- Reporter 4: Are the vines here to stay?
- Reporter 5: Is this part of your new world order?
- Korra: Look! Harmonic Convergence was just a couple weeks ago. I just need a little more time to get everything back to normal.
- Raiko: The Avatar has put us all in a very difficult position, but my administration-
- Korra: [sarcastically] Oh, I'm sorry! Did I put you in a difficult position by fighting the giant force of pure evil that was going to destroy the whole world?! Maybe your administration could've handled that!
- [Lin comes between them]
- Lin: That's all! No more questions!
- Guard: You know the drill, Zaheer.
- Zaheer: Of course. (he stands, puts his hands on his head, and faces the wall)
- Guard: [puts down the food tray] Hope you still like rice.
- Zaheer: Have you ever read the poetry of the great airbending Guru, Laghima?
- Guard: What?
- Zaheer: Guru Laghima lived 4000 years ago in the Northern Air Temple. It is said that he unlocked the secrets of weightlessness and became untethered from the earth, living his final 40 years without ever touching the ground.
- Guard: (smirks) Is that how you plan to escape, with something you picked up from an old airbender childrens story?
- Zaheer: Like all great children's tales, it contains truth within the myth. Laghima once wrote, "Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong."
- Guard: What's that supposed to mean?
- Zaheer: It means, that when you base your expectations only on what you see, you blind yourself to the possibilities of a new reality.
- [Zaheer airbends and catches the guard on the bars with his hands, grabbing him by the throat]
- Zaheer: [to the other Firebending guards] Ah,ah,ah. You wouldn't wanna singe your friend, would you?
- Guard: How?! You're not a bender!
- Zaheer: Nature is constantly changing. Like the Wind.
[Zaheer grabs the keys from the guard's belt, opens his cell and airbends the guard into it. The other three guards attack him as he comes through the door, but he quickly defeats them and blasts them inside the cell, slamming it shut]
- Zaheer: Now you might wanna ration that bowl of rice; you've got three weeks until the next shift change. It's the dawning of a new age, the end of the White Lotus... and soon, the end of the Avatar.
- [After Kuon refuses to become an Air Nomad]
- Korra: In my head I saw that playing out very differently.
- Asami: Maybe we should have stayed and tried harder to convince him to join us.
- Bolin: Or we could've thrown him into a potato sack and forced him into the ship.
- Bumi: That's how they got me to join the united forces.
- Tenzin: No, we can't coerce people. [pause] Or throw them in potato sacks. They must come freely. But not to worry, there are plenty of other airbenders out there who will be happy to come with us once they find out what the air nation's all about.
- [cut to a montage of Tenzin trying to convince various people]
- Tenzin: [to a mother] When your son becomes a master, he'll get tattoos all over his body, just like me.
- Tenzin: [to a fat man eating meat] There's nothing more nutritious than our vegetarian diet.
- Tenzin: [to a fashionable lady] I can tell that you're going to love wearing our ancient airbender robes. They're very breathable.
- Tenzin: [in a speed montage] You'll never have to worry about your worldly possessions again because you won't have any. [door slams shut] You'll get to shave your head! [door slams shut] Your best friend will be a giant bison!
- Tenzin: [back in the airship] I really thought I had that last guy. Who doesn't want a bison as their best friend?
- White Lotus Sentry: They came out of nowhere. I'm so sorry, Lord Zuko.
- Zuko: How could you let this happen?
- White Lotus Sentry: They caught us by surprise. And Zaheer is an airbender now.
- Zuko: No! This can't be. Do you have any idea the power these criminals possess? Individually, they can take down any bender. Put them all together, they could take down the entire world. And now you're telling me their leader is an airbender?
- White Lotus Sentry: We can track them...
- Zuko: We don't need to track them. I know exactly where they're going. Notify the new chiefs of the Northern Water Tribe that an attack on their prison is imminent. And send word to Lin Beifong in Republic City. The Avatar must be protected.
- White Lotus Sentry: Where are you going?
- Zuko: To stop them.
The Earth Queen [3.03]
- Gun: Your majesty, may I present Avatar Korra.
- Hou-Ting: [shouting at her servants] You're ruining the koi pond! It's completely overshadowed by the topiaries! Guards, take that buffoon away and get me someone who knows what they're doing! You! Rip everything out and start over! I am surrounded by idiots. [notices Korra] So I finally get a visit from the Avatar. Let me guess, you want something.
- Korra: Well, actually, your majesty, I was hoping you could...
- Hou-Ting: I hardly think you're in a position to ask me for favors after everything the last Avatar did to the Earth Kingdom. He and Fire Lord Zuko took advantage of my father's weakness, and stole our lands to make their own little empire. The United Republic is Earth Kingdom territory.
- Korra: Well, I-I'm not sure what I can do about that.
- Hou-Ting: Not that you care, but what's left of my kingdom is falling to ruin. Roving bands of barbarians are raiding villages in the countryside, and now, some of my subjects are refusing to pay their taxes.
- Korra: I'm very sorry for your troubles, but actually...
- Hou-Ting: [at her servants] That topiary is supposed to be an eel-swan, not a turtle-duck!
- Bolin: Whew, I'm getting hungry. [gasps] We might have to hustle up a little breakfast with the old fruit stand scam. Come on. You remember how it goes. I push you into the stand, you scream, I pretend to faint.
- Mako: I don't want any part of this. Besides, look at this fruit. It's disgusting. We don't want to steal this.
- Tu: Hey, you trying to steal my fruit?
- Mako: No, I just said I don't want any of this rotten fruit.
- Tu: Oh, you too good for my fruit? This is the best fruit on the block.
- Mako: So you want me to steal it?
- Tu: Just try it, buddy. [Flexes his arm muscle, kisses it] Go ahead.
- Bolin: I'm confused. Are we stealing the fruit or not?
- Tu: I knew it, thieves! [tackles Mako and Bolin]
- Eska: Why didn't anyone tell us we have a secret prison we could have been throwing people in?
- Desna: I'd like to put my tailor in here. He never gets my cuffs right. They're so creasy.
- Zuko: We built this place secretly with your father to hold a very special prisoner. She's a powerful firebender named P'Li who can create explosions with her mind. Ironically, I hired a guy with a similar ability to kill the Avatar myself once. [awkward pause] Didn't work.
- Eska: Don't feel bad. I tried to kill Korra after she ruined my wedding. It happens.
- Tonraq: Let's just focus on keeping this woman in prison.
- [they enter the prison]
- Zuko: The intense cold prevents her from firebending.
- Desna: There's certainly no way anyone's breaking out of here.
- Zuko: That's what we thought about the other three prisons.
- P'Li: [shivering] Must be something exciting going on. No one interesting has visited me in 13 years.
- Tonraq: Don't get used to it.
- P'Li: He's out, isn't he? Mmm, I'm feeling warmer already.
- Gun: Your majesty, the Avatar has returned with the tax payments.
- Hou-Ting: Finally. Secure it in the vault.
- Gun: It's being done as we speak.
- Korra: So now, your majesty, if I could start meeting some of the airbenders here in the city.
- Hou-Ting: The Dai Li thoroughly searched the city, but it seems your reports were incorrect. There are no airbenders in Ba Sing Se. So you can gather your little band and be on your way tomorrow.
- Korra: You make me do your dirty work extorting your own citizens for your stupid palaces and topiaries, and then you just want to send me away? We're not going anywhere until we find some airbenders! We know there are some here!
- Hou-Ting: Get her out of my sight!
- Korra: This isn't over! I'm going to find the airbenders!
- Dai Li agent: Welcome to her majesty's army, first airbending regiment. From now on, you live to fight for the Earth Queen.
In Harm's Way [3.04]
- P'Li: We could have just taken the elevator. Show off.
- Ghazan: (having seen Zaheer and P'li share a kiss after thirteen years imprisonment) Really? Right now?
- Asami: Mako! Bolin! You're okay. Where have you been?
- Bolin: We chased Kai... Train... Slipped away... Lower ring... Slept in trash pile... Met our family... Grandma, tears... Mako's scarf... Earth queen lying.
- Asami: Can you interpret that?
- Mako: The Earth Queen's been secretly taking airbenders and forcing them into her army.
- Korra: She was lying. I knew it I swear, the next time I see her...
- Lin Beifong: I just got word from Lord Zuko and Tonraq.
- Korra: Why is Lord Zuko with my dad?
- Lin Beifong: Zaheer and the others have escaped.
- Tenzin: How is that possible?
- Lin Beifong: Because Zaheer is an airbender now.
- Tenzin: No.
- Korra: All right, hold on. Will you quit ignoring me and tell me what's going on? Who's Zaheer? Why is my life in danger?
- Tenzin: Shortly after we found out you were the Avatar, Zaheer and three others attempted to kidnap you. Luckily, your father, Lord Zuko, Chief Sokka, and I were there to stop them. We apprehended the criminals and locked them away in prisons designed to impair their abilities.
- Korra: So that's why you and my dad sheltered me away.
- Tenzin: It was for your own safety.
- Mako: Why were they trying to kidnap Korra?
- Lin Beifong: We spent 13 years interrogating them, but they never broke. To this day, no one knows what their motive was.
The Metal Clan [3.05]
- Varrick: Sorry we're late, everyone.
- Bolin: [gasps] Varrick!
- Asami: What are you doing here?
- Varrick: Great question, Asami. I mean, what are any of us doing here? Wow. Food for thought. Anyhoo, how's our company doing?
- Asami: You mean my company? Future industries reverted back to me after you plotted to abduct the president.
- Varrick: Allegedly plotted to abduct the president. Never convicted.
- Mako: Uh, that's because you escaped prison.
- Varrick: No, the universe decided to set me free. So I looked up my old friend Suyin here, pitched her a few ideas, and bam! We're in business together.
- Suyin: Varrick's heading up my new technology division.
- Varrick: I've seen the future, and the future is magnets! I'm working on a high-speed rail that'll revolutionize transportation and shipping as we know it. But that's not all! I'm...
- Lin Beifong: All right, enough! I'm trying to keep the Avatar safe, and you're harboring a criminal?
- Suyin: Ease up, Lin. Sure, Varrick's made a few mistakes in his past, but that doesn't mean he should pay for it the rest of his life. My chef was a pirate, but now he's a culinary master. People change.
- Lin Beifong: You haven't. [storms out]
- Korra: Thank you for being so welcoming, and I'm sorry for how Lin's been acting. Can I ask, what happened with you two?
- Suyin: It's complicated. We didn't have a normal childhood. Neither of us knew our fathers, and Toph was always busy being chief of police. Because mom grew up in such a strict house, she gave us all the freedom in the world, hoping we'd figure out our own paths.
- Korra: That sounds like a good thing.
- Suyin: And in a way, it was. But we both ended up fighting for mom's attention. Lin followed in her footsteps and became a cop. I was more of a rebel. Mom wasn't too happy with how either of us turned out. When I was 16, I left home to explore the world. I sailed the seas on a pirate ship, joined a traveling circus for while, and lived in a sandbender commune in the desert. It took me a while, but I finally realized what I was looking for was a family. So I bought this plot of land, found a brilliant architect who later became my husband, and created a place I could truly call home.
- Korra: It sounds like you've created the perfect life here.
- Suyin: Almost. I've always wanted Lin to be a part of it, but I gave up hope long ago of her ever coming around.
Old Wounds [3.06]
[Su comes to join Lin, who is staring at the statue of their mother, Toph]
- Suyin Beifong: Opal has decided to go to the Northern Air Temple. I'm guessing you had something to do with her decision.
- Lin Beifong: Well, I was just-
- Suyin Beifong: It's okay. I'm glad she was honest with me- I want her to do what makes her happy. (sadly) Mom gave us too much freedom- but I feel like I've made the mistake of giving Opal too little. I think it's time I let her choose her own way. (pause) I'm sorry I gave you such a hard time when we were younger. I can't imagine what my life would be like if Mom hadn't sent me away- if I had stayed in the city.
- Lin Beifong: (dryly) You'd probably be in prison.
- Suyin Beifong: (chuckles) You're probably right. Mako told me that you're an excellent police chief. Republic City is lucky to have you. I know Mom is proud. (they both look up at Toph's statue again) Can we move on? I'd love for you to be a part of my life again. There's plenty of space for you in the house, and the kids would love having their aunt around. I do need a co-director for my new dance performance-
- Lin Beifong: (raises her hands hastily) Whoa- slow down. How about, for now, I just promise not to show up at your house and attack you again?
- Suyin Beifong: Deal.
- Ming-Hua: (irritably) We should've grabbed one of those cops- maybe they know something about where the Avatar is hiding.
- Ghazan: She could be anywhere.
- P'Li: (confidently) We'll find her. (she glances over her shoulder at Zaheer, who is meditating) It's just a matter of time.
[Zaheer's eyes open slowly, then narrow in concentration]
- Zaheer:...She's with the Metal Clan.
Original Airbenders [3.07]
- Tenzin: Bumi, can I talk to you? (the other Acolytes walk away as he approaches)
- Bumi: (scowls) Lemme guess- you want to criticize me for something.
- Tenzin: Actually, I need your help.
- Bumi: Oh, yeah? (picks his ear) With what?
- Tenzin: I don't think I'm doing very well with the new Airbenders. And... everyone knows you're a natural leader. (smiles weakly)
- Bumi: (smugly) True, I did win the Admiral Tung natural leadership award. Twice. (Tenzin rolls his eyes)
- Tenzin: What would you do, if you were in charge? Help me be more like you.
- Bumi: I'd love to. (stands up) You've gotta use military discipline to whip these troops into shape. (gestures with his hands) The only way to deal with new recruits is to break them down so you can build them back up! Rule with an iron fist! Show them who the master is!
- Tenzin: (raises his eyebrows and smiles) Thanks for the insight.
- Bumi: (grins) My pleasure!
[Cut to next morning. Tenzin bursts into the sleeping quarters and blows a horn, magnifying it with his bending; everyone is instantly awake]
- Tenzin: Dawn patrol! Everyone up!
- Bumi: What're you doing? It's barely light out!
- Tenzin: I'm taking your advice: I'm going to break you down in order to build you back up! (Bumi looks horrified) Now, get moving, recruits!
- Tenzin: (muttering to himself as he meditates) How could she think... Focus! Breathe... (inhales) Bumi ruins everything. Inhale...focus.
- Pema: (comes in and sits by him) Taking a little break from teaching?
- Tenzin: (sadly) I failed. Bumi quit, and the rest of the airbenders want to go home! Can't they see that I'm trying to re-build an entire culture?!
- Pema: You know, just because these people can airbend, it doesn't automatically make them Air Nomads.
- Tenzin:...Tell me about it.
- Pema: I remember when I moved out of my parents' house, to become an Air Acolyte. That first night, I was so scared and lonely- and the bed was so hard!
- Tenzin: It's actually better for your back. (Pema gives him a look) Sorry.
- Pema: The point is, I really wanted to be there- but it still took time for me to adjust and feel like I was a part of it all! These people are probably feeling the same way. You have to be patient.
- Tenzin: (stares at her) Now I know how Korra feels when I'm talking to her. (leans forward and kisses his wife) Thank you, Pema.
The Terror Within [3.08]
The Stakeout [3.09]
[Korra appears in the Spirit World in Xai Bao's grove; she stands behind a tree and watches Aiwei. Suddenly, Zaheer appears in front of him]
- Zaheer: (angrily) What happened back in Zaofu? You told me we wouldn't have any problems getting the Avatar. Because of you, we've all been compromised.
- Aiwei: No- any evidence was destroyed when my library burned.
- Zaheer: Where is your physical body now?
- Aiwei: At the Misty Palms Inn. But there is no need to worry, I was not followed.
- Zaheer: You left a loose end.
- Aiwei: I assure you, no one knows anything about us-
- Zaheer: No. You are the loose end. (he lunges forward and grabs Aiwei)
- Korra: (jumps out from behind the tree) Zaheer!
[Zaheer stares at her, then vanishes. He reappears above the Fog of Lost Souls and drops a screaming Aiwei into it. Zaheer then reappears in the grove across from Korra.]
- Zaheer: (smiles) It seems Aiwei was mistaken: he was followed.
- Korra: That's right. We knew he'd lead us straight to you. So what did you do with him?
- Zaheer: He'll be spending eternity in the Fog of Lost Souls... which just leaves the two of us.
- Korra: (raises her fists) Don't move, Zaheer! You're gonna give me some answers!
- Zaheer: (sits down) There's no need for aggression. Neither of us has our bending, and I'm not going anywhere. I'll answer whatever questions you have; you deserve that much. (Korra lowers her fists, surprised) What would you like to know?
- Korra: First off, who are you people, and why do you keep trying to take me?
- Zaheer: We are part of a secret society, dedicated to restoring freedom to the world. We... are the Red Lotus.
- Korra:Red Lotus? Are... you related to the White Lotus?
- Zaheer: We are what the White Lotus was meant to be. But after the Hundred Year War, the White Lotus lost its true purpose. Its members came out of hiding, and openly served the Avatar. They became nothing but glorified bodyguards, who served corrupt nations. So a great man named Xai Bao broke from the White Lotus, and began his own society.
- Korra: (sarcastically) That's a great story, but it doesn't explain why you tried to take me when I was a kid.
- Zaheer: That... was Unalaq's idea.
- Korra: (surprised) What? My uncle was part of the Red Lotus?
[Back at the cave where the Red Lotus are camping, Zaheer's physical body stirs]
- Zaheer: (whispering) Avatar Korra. Misty Palms Inn. Find her.
- P'Li: You two go. I'll stay and make sure Zaheer's body is safe. (Ghazan and Ming-Hua leave)
- Zaheer: (to Korra) I met your uncle when I was a teenager, after we had both joined the Red Lotus. We learned about Raava and Vaatu, and how Avatar Wan foolishly severed them, disrupting the balance of the world forever.
- Korra: (angrily) Avatar Wan wasn't foolish! He was trying to restore balance!
- Zaheer: He closed the portals, severing humans from spirits. Even you realize the error in his ways.
- Korra: So all along, you and my uncle planned to use me, to open the portals and release Vaatu?! That's why you tried to take me when I was a kid?!
- Zaheer: Yes. And with members of the Red Lotus as your elemental masters, we could've taught you so much.
- Korra: Sounds like you wanted to brainwash me, so I'd do whatever you wanted.
- Zaheer: No, Korra. All I wanted, was to show the Avatar a better path for the world.
- Korra: If my uncle came up with the plan to abduct me as a kid, why wasn't he caught?
- Zaheer: He wasn't with us that night... and he covered up his involvement, afterwards.
- Korra: So he betrayed you, just like he betrayed me.
- Zaheer: (nods grimly) Yes. He allowed me and my friends to remain in prison while he pursued his own selfish goals. Unalaq becoming a Dark Avatar was never part of our mission.
- Korra: What is your "mission", exactly?
- Zaheer: I want what you want. To restore balance to this world.
- Korra: [smirks] I don't think our ideas of balance are the same.
- Zaheer: Are you sure about that? [Korra's smirk fades] You kept the Spirit Portals open, but why stop there? Bringing the spirits back should only be the beginning.
- Korra: What do you mean?
- Zaheer: The idea of having nations and governments, is as foolish as keeping the human and spirit realms separate. You've had to deal with a moronic president, and a tyrannical Queen. Don't you think the world would be better off... if leaders like them were eliminated?
- Korra: (shocked) No! I-I mean, I don't really agree with what they've done, but... taking out world leaders isn't the answer!
- Zaheer: It wasn't too long ago, that the Airbenders were nearly all wiped out, thanks to the Fire Lord's desire for world dominance. True freedom can only be achieved when oppressive governments are torn down.
- Korra: But that won't bring balance, it will throw the world into chaos!
- Zaheer: (smiles) Exactly. The natural order, is disorder. [pause] Do you know who once said, "New growth cannot exist, without first the destruction of the old?"
- Korra: No.
- Zaheer: The wise Guru Laghima...an airbender.
Long Live the Queen [3.10]
[Zaheer and his comrades blast the door to the throne room open and enter]
- Queen Hou-Ting: What is this rifraf doing in my throne room unannounced?!
- Zaheer: (bows) Apologies, Your Majesty. But I couldn't help overhearing that the Avatar won't be joining us today.
- Queen Hou-Ting: The Avatar is still in my custody! However, eavesdropping on royal conversations will land you in a cell right next to those boys you brought in! Now, if you value your freedom, you'll tell me where the airbenders are, right now!
- Zaheer: (coldly) That wasn't the deal.
- Queen Hou-Ting: (furious) I will not bandy words with bounty hunters! Seize these hoodlums and throw them in prison, until they decide to show proper respect for the Crown!
[the Dai Li encircle the four, but P'Li blasts two of them with a combustion bolt. Three more Dai Li attack with their earth-gauntlets, but Ghazan redirects them back, stunning them; Ming-Hua and Zaheer easily defeat the rest. Gun flees the room, gibbering in terror]
- Queen Hou-Ting: (cowering behind her throne) GUN! GET BACK HERE AND LAY DOWN YOUR LIFE FOR YOUR QUEEN, YOU COWARD! (arrogantly, as Zaheer aproaches) You wouldn't DARE attack a Queen!
[Zaheer leaps over her head and lands atop the throne]
- Zaheer: (coldly) Maybe I forgot to mention something to you... I don't believe in Queens.
[he airbends the oxygen right out of her lungs and encases her head in an airtight sphere, choking her to death]
- Zaheer: (angrily) You think that freedom is something you can give or take, on a whim. But to your people, freedom is just as essential as... air. And without it... there is no life. There is only... darkness.
The Ultimatum [3.11]
- Mako: I can't believe it! The Upper Ring is in chaos!
- Looter: Don't try to stop us; we're taking back what's ours.
- Royal Earthbender Guard: Stop you? I'm gonna join you. I know where the good stuff is!
- Asami Sato: Um, so what happened to you two? Where have you been?
- Mako: We were captured by Zaheer and taken to Ba Sing Se. We were there when the Earth Queen was overthrown.
- Korra: What? How did you escape?
- Mako: Zaheer let us go.
- Korra: What? Why would he do that?
- Bolin: Because he wanted us to find you and deliver a message.
- Mako: Zaheer's on his way to the Northern Air Temple, as we speak. He says he's gonna wipe out the new Air Nation, and everything in it... unless you turn yourself over to him.
- Korra: (angrily) Zaheer's threatening innocent lives just to get to me!
- Tonraq: He could be bluffing.
- Mako: (darkly) He's already taken out the Earth Queen. I don't think he bluffs.
[The Red Lotus has cornered Tenzin, his family and the other airbenders]
- Zaheer: It's a pleasure to finally meet a true airbending master.
- Tenzin: What is it you want from us?
- Zaheer: Nothing at all. In fact, if everyone cooperates, you will all walk out of this situation unharmed.
- Tenzin: Then what are you doing here?
- Zaheer: I want Korra. And I'm tired of chasing her.
- Tenzin: You're using us as leverage!
- Zaheer: Yes.
- Tenzin: I will never let you get to Korra!
- Zaheer: Unfortunately, you don't have a choice.
- Tenzin: Yes I do.
[He airbends suddenly, blasting Ming-Hua, Ghazan and Zaheer backward]
- Tenzin: Jinora! Get everyone out of here! Bumi, Kya, help me hold them off!
[From overhead, P'Li fires a Combustion bolt, which Tenzin barely dodges]
- Tenzin: And stay out of her line of sight! Go, go!
[He and his siblings take up fighting stances as Zaheer and the Red Lotus close in on them]
Enter the Void [3.12]
[Korra confronts Zaheer and P'Li on Laghima's Peak, while Mako, Asami and Bolin enter the Northern Air Temple with Ghazan]
- Zaheer: Drop your staff and surrender yourself! (long pause) Don't make me come get you!
[Mako Asami and Bolin are shown into a long, shadowy room. Tenzin is chained, gagged and unconscious on the floor; the bound figures of the other Airbenders are visible beyond him.]
- Korra: (via radio) Mako! What's going on?
- Mako: They're here, but so is the lavabender!
- Korra: Tell Ghazan to let the Airbenders go!
- Zaheer: Not until you turn yourself over. This isn't a negotiation! (long pause, Zaheer raises his radio) Wipe them out!
- Korra: No! Wait! I'm coming. (she walks towards them)
- Zaheer: (into his radio) Stand down.
[Korra drops her staff and radio. P'Li approaches her and shackles her wrists and ankles]
- P'Li: (smirks) And don't bother trying to Metalbend out of these. They're platinum. (she pushes Korra towards Zaheer)
- Zaheer: (to Ghazan, via radio) We have her.
[Ghazan allows Mako, Bolin and Asami to approach Tenzin, who begins to stir and mumble through his gag]
- Asami: It's okay, Tenzin. We're about to get you out of here-
[Mako notices that the other Airbenders in the shadows are slumping forward, revealing that they were just empty robes held up by Waterbending. The last one collapses to reveal Ming-Hua, who lunges forward to attack]
- Mako: (deflects the attack with Firebending and grabs his radio) Korra! It was a trick, they're not here! Don't turn yourself over!
- Korra: (to Zaheer, furious) We had a deal!
[unable to remove her chains, she jumps and Airbends with her feet, forcing P'Li and Zaheer to dodge]
- Mako: (to Lin, via radio) Chief, get Korra outta there, now!
- Lin Beifong: (to her team) Go, go, go!
[Lin attempts to draw P'Li's fire by attacking her]
- Lin Beifong: Come and get me, you third-eyed freak!
[P'Li's Combustion bolt blasts Lin to the edge of the cliff; as P'Li charges another Combustion bolt, Suyin Metalbends her armor around P'Li's head from behind, trapping the blast around her head and killing her. Zaheer hears the muffled explosion and turns around]
- Zaheer: P'Li! (he stares down at her in horror and grief)
[Korra Firebends at him, but Zaheer dodges, leaps high and shoots a blast of compressed air at her, knocking her out. As he picks her up, he notices his airship has drifted out of reach. Lin and Suyin reach the mountaintop as Zaheer turns toward them]
- Suyin: It's over, Zaheer!
- Zaheer: (closes his eyes) "Let go your earthly tether."
- Lin Beifong: Release the Avatar!
- Zaheer: "Enter the void."
- Suyin Beifong: This is your last warning!
- Zaheer: "Empty... and become wind."
[He opens his eyes and steps backwards off the cliff, falling]
- Lin Beifong: No! Stop-
[She and Su race to the edge to see Zaheer floating just above the clouds. They both fire their cables, but Zaheer, still carrying Korra, dodges and flies away. The Beifong sisters stare after him, stunned]
- Lin Beifong: Did he just... fly?
[Zaheer swoops past Ghazan and Ming-Hua's arship]
- Ghazan: (amazed)... I guess he doesn't need a ride.
[On the cliff below, Kuvira struggles to hold onto Tonraq as he watches Zaheer fly away with Korra]
- Tonraq: [softly] Korra...
Venom of the Red Lotus [3.13]
- Korra: (struggling frantically) When I get out of here, none of you will survive!
- Zaheer: You won't get out, unless the Metal Clan taught you a way to bend platinum. Once we administer this poison, your body will naturally react, forcing you into the Avatar State, in an effort to keep you alive. Sadly for you, you'll be entering it for the last time.
- Korra: (shocked) No! The Avatar Cycle-
- Zaheer: Yes. When we dispatch you in the Avatar State, the cycle will end. (glances at the other members of the Red Lotus) So we lucky few, this band of brothers and sisters in anarchy, are witnessing the beginning of an era of true freedom. Together, we will forge a world without Kings and Queens- without borders or nations. Where Man's only allegiance is to himself, and those he loves. We will return to the true balance... of natural order. And though you will never again be re-born, your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar.
- Ghazan: I'm never going back to prison. If I'm going down today, you're coming with me!
- Zaheer: (yelling furiously) No! No! You don't understand! The revolution has already begun. Chaos is the natural order of- (Bolin gags him with a sock)
- Bolin: (To Opal) See what I did there? I put a sock in it, literally.
- Opal: Classic Bolin.
- Tenzin: Jinora, come forward. (Jinora approaches and kneels, wearing a hood) Today, we welcome the first airbending master in a generation. And I couldn't be more proud of my daughter. (Jinora looks up and smiles) When the existence of our people was threatened, when the Avatar's life hung in the balance, Jinora never gave up hope. Thanks to her leadership, I see a very bright future for the Air Nation. Of course, there would be no Air Nation without Avatar Korra: she opened the portals and somehow the world began anew for us. And she was even willing to lay down her own life in order to protect ours. There's no way we can ever repay her for all she's done. But we can follow her example of service and sacrifice. So while she recuperates, the Air Nation will reclaim its nomadic roots and roam the earth. But unlike our ancestors, we will serve people of all nations, working wherever there is corruption and discord to restore balance and peace. Avatar Korra, I vow that we will do everything in our power to follow in your footsteps and bring harmony to the world. (Tenzin bows to a wheelchair-bound Korra, who nods back) Now, let us anoint the master who will help lead us in our new path.
[As Jinora's annointment ceremony proceeds, a tear rolls down Korra's cheek.]