The Welcoming Committee is a volunteer group of Wikiquotians who are available and willing to help new users learn and integrate into the Wikiquote community. Committee members are always on the lookout for new users who need guidance, and are careful to avoid biting the new users.
The Welcoming Committee members take part in the following activities for the Committee:
- Welcoming new users, both as they create accounts, and when Committee members encounter them in the articlespace.
- Being available to answer questions and offer advice.
- Watching the village pump for questions by new users.
- Watching votes for deletion for pages by new users that are nominated for deletion, and offering to help guide the user through what can be a new user's most stressful interaction with the Wikiquote community.
- Making special note to encourage and recognize new users who are making valuable contribution.
Some committee members may also be willing to take part in one-on-one mentorship with new editors.
New users: Feel free to ask for advice or guidance from any of the individuals listed here. You should ask on their talk page (the "talk" link beside their username). The list is in alphabetical order. Administrators are in bold.