User:Just A Regular New Yorker
Hi everyone, I'm a native New Yorker (Brooklyn to be precise) who is fairly new to Wiki. I first started with Wikiquote after I got blocked from Wikipedia (oops, my bad) although to admit it, I deserved it, a lot. Long story short, Aliens aren't invading a Boeing seaplane in Colorado, defended by a purple Pentagon.
Feel free to give me some advice, ask me questions, or just talk to me in general on my talk page.
I am a future (or current, I can't tell) writer, civil engineer, astronaut, lawyer, detective, historian, professor, baseball player, ninja, and philosopher. Pathetically enough, Wikiquote edits may be my biggest contribution to society, so far.
Some of my favorite quotes
- Gentlemen, this will be the day you will always remember as the day you- [falls off the ledge]
- Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- Stealing, of course, is a crime, and a very impolite thing to do. But like most impolite things, it is excusable under certain circumstances. Stealing is not excusable if, for instance, you are in a museum and you decide that a certain painting would look better in your house, and you simply grab the painting and take it there. But if you were very, very hungry, and you had no way of obtaining money, it might be excusable to grab the painting, take it to your house, and eat it.
- Lemony Snicket in The Wide Window.
- There is no part of the means placed in the hands of the Executive which might be used with greater effect for unhallowed purposes than the control of the public press.
- William Henry Harrison in his inaugural address (March 4, 1841).
- Buk Buk Buk Buk Buk Buk.............BUGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!
- Me (I know this doesn't count, but I wanted to put my own quote in here and this was the only thing I could think of.)
- I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
- Frenchman in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
- Sherlock Holmes in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: A Scandal in Bohemia.
- A moose is like a bull on stilts
With a silly kind of head.
And if one of them sat on you
You’d probably be dead.
- Christopher Pike in Moose.
- Dry Dead Fish
- We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything.
- People always try to find base motives behind every good action. We are afraid of pure goodness and of pure evil.
- Eugène Ionesco in an interview.
- Exploring is fundamentally human; we've done it for thousands of years. It's an expression of something that's the best in us.
- Adam Steltzner in Mars Up Close: Inside the Curiosity Mission.
- I am sure there never was a people, who had more reason to acknowledge a divine interposition in their affairs, than those of the United States...
- George Washington in a letter to John Armstrong (March 11, 1782).
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is.
- Disputed to belong to Albert Einstein.
- We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality.
- Possibly a paraphrasing of a quote by Ayn Rand.
- Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Disputed to belong to Albert Einstein.
- ...though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me...
- Psalm 23.
- My horror at his crimes was lost in my admiration at his skill.
- ...with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.
- excerpt from the United States Declaration of Independence
Wikiquote pages that I edited
Articles that I created are in bold.
Fridtjof Nansen~Christina Stead~Nicolas Steno~Philo Farnsworth~Aaron Judge~Bill de Blasio~David Dinkins~Mein Kampf~William Henry Harrison~Holes (film)~Martin Van Buren~David Wright (baseball)~Derek Jeter~John Adams~Andrew Jackson~Adam Steltzner~Elon Musk~Juan Lagares~Zumwalt-class destroyer~Berlin Wall~Jacob deGrom~James Franck~Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II~Manhattan Project~Clair Cameron Patterson~Alex Rodriguez~William H. McRaven