User:Just A Regular New Yorker
Hi everyone, I'm a native New Yorker (Brooklyn to be precise) who is fairly new to Wiki. I first started with Wikiquote after I got blocked from Wikipedia (oops, my bad) although to admit it, I deserved it, a lot. Long story short, Aliens aren't invading a Boeing seaplane in Colorado, defended by a purple Pentagon.
Feel free to give me some advice. I can use it.
I am a future (or current, I can't tell) writer, astronaut, lawyer, detective, and Vexillologist. Pathetically enough, Wikiquote edits may be my biggest contribution to society, so far.
Vexillology is the scientific study of the history, symbolism and usage of flags or, by extension, any interest in flags in general.
The flag of Israel is by far the best in my books. It is simple and minimalistic, yet it conveys the magnificent culture of Israel. It is powerful yet understated making for a beautiful flag.
Some of my favorite quotes
- Gentlemen, this will be the day you will always remember as the day you- [falls off the ledge]
- Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- Stealing, of course, is a crime, and a very impolite thing to do. But like most impolite things, it is excusable under certain circumstances. Stealing is not excusable if, for instance, you are in a museum and you decide that a certain painting would look better in your house, and you simply grab the painting and take it there. But if you were very, very hungry, and you had no way of obtaining money, it might be excusable to grab the painting, take it to your house, and eat it.
- Lemony Snicket in The Wide Window.
- There is no part of the means placed in the hands of the Executive which might be used with greater effect for unhallowed purposes than the control of the public press.
- William Henry Harrison in his inaugural address (March 4, 1841).
- I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
- Frenchman in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Wikiquote pages that I edited
Articles that I created are in bold.
Fridtjof Nansen~Christina Stead~Nicolas Steno~Philo Farnsworth~Aaron Judge~Bill de Blasio~David Dinkins~Mein Kampf~William Henry Harrison~Holes (film)~Martin Van Buren~David Wright (baseball)~Derek Jeter~John Adams~Andrew Jackson~Adam Steltzner~Elon Musk~Juan Lagares