Yu-Gi-Oh! is a Japanese manga series about gaming written and illustrated by Kazuki Takahashi. Two anime adaptations were produced; one by Toei Animation, which aired from April 4, 1998 to October 10, 1998, and another produced by NAS and TV Tokyo animated by Studio Gallop titled Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, which aired between April 2000 and September 2004.Yu-Gi-Oh!
Season One: Duelist Kingdom
The Heart of the Cards
- This the series premiere of the 4kids version. However, it takes place a few days after Yugi Moto had completed the ancient Millennium Puzzle, unleashing the soul/spirit of the mighty five thousand-year-old Pharaoh within its labyrinth-like chambers.
- Joey: Hey, Seto Kaiba, maybe we should duel sometime.
- Kaiba: No thanks, I think I'll have much more of a challenge playing solitaire.
- Kaiba: Draw your last pathetic card so I can end this, Yugi!
- Yami Yugi: My Grandpa's deck has no pathetic cards, Kaiba. But it does contain... the unstoppable Exodia!
- Kaiba: Aaaaargh! Impossible!
- Yami Yugi: I've assembled all five special cards... all five pieces of the puzzle!
- [Exodia the Forbidden One suddenly appears on the field towering over the Blue-Eyes White Dragons]
- Kaiba: Exodia? It-it's not possible! No one's ever been able to call him!
- Yami Yugi: Exodia, obliterate!
- Pharaoh: But if you put your heart in the game, there's nothing you can't do.
Journey to the Duelist Kingdom
- Tristan: In another few hours, the sun will rise!
Trial by Red-Eyes
- Kaiba: (thinking) I can't believe my associates would turn on me after a single defeat. Then again losing to Yugi since he had lost myself too.
Give Up the Ghost
Evil Spirit of the Ring
[Yugi and his friends are about to start a duel against Bakura (who is controlled by the evil spirit of the Millenium Ring)]
Bakura: Before we get started there's a little something I'd like to share with you all... and especially with you Yugi.
Joey: What's that?
[The Millenium Ring is appearing around Yami Bakura's neck]
Joey: [spooked] This is getting freaky.
Yugi: [stunned] It can't be. A millenium item.
Yami Bakura: Yes! And the magic of my Millenium Ring will take us to the Shadow Realm!
Joey: Man, I hate magic.
Yugi: Why are you doing this, Bakura?
Yami Bakura: You have something I want Yugi and I aim to take it.
[Yami Bakura uses the powers of the Millenium Ring to spirit Yugi's and his friends souls away, locking them in their favourite Duel Monster cards]
Yami Bakura: Their souls have been locked away. And now after waiting for countless centuries, the legendary Millenium Puzzle is mine!
[Yami Bakura tries to grab the Millenium Puzzle, but Yami Yugi takes control of Yugi's body, much to Yami Bakura's surprise and chagrin]
Yami Bakura: It can't be!
Yami Yugi: You want my Millenium Puzzle? Then, you're going to have to duel me for it.
Yami Bakura: There is more at stake here then you comprehend and this is one shadow game you cannot win!
Yami Yugi: Bakura, what have you done? Why have you taken us to the Shadow Realm?
Yami Bakura: [chuckles] Bakura... Bakura's no longer here.
Yami Yugi: If you're not Bakura, then who are you?
Yami Bakura: I'm a thief and a stealer of souls. And I have done terrible things in my quest to possess the Millenium Items. You do remember the legends don't you?
[Yami Yugi's eyes widen in shock]
Yami Bakura: Whosoever fields all seven Millenium Items will possess power unimaginable. And before I'm done with you, your Millenium Puzzle will be mine!
Yami Yugi: That's not going to happen, whoever you are.
Yami Bakura: Then let the shadow game begin! The first move is yours.
[Yami Bakura uses his "The White Magical Hat" to attack and destroy Yugi's "Cyber Commander", which has Tristan's soul sealed within it]
Yami Yugi: No, Tristan!
Yami Bakura: [chuckles] Aww... looks like that card has been defeated and your poor friend's soul was trapped in it.
Yami Yugi: Where is he? What have you done with Tristan?
Yami Bakura: Your friend is gone on his way to the discard pile or the graveyard as we call it in Duel Monsters.
Yami Yugi: [shocked] It can't be. Tristan can't be gone.
Yami Bakura: [chuckles] When you duel in the Shadow Realm, the stakes are always higher, Yugi! You made a sloppy move and now your friend paid for it with is very soul! Now, which of your friends will you sacrifice next?
Yami Yugi: [draws "Dark Magician", which has normal Yugi's soul sealed within it] [thinking] Huh! "The Dark Magician"! He's my favourite card but is it also my soul card? What happens when I play it?
Yami Bakura: With a new hand... [places a monster face-down] comes a whole new perspective... the game... [places a face-down trap card] ever shifting. New dangers surround every turn.
Yami Yugi: [thinking] He's trying to freak me out but I can't figure out what he's up to. I'm just going to have risk playing.
[speaking] "The Dark Magician"! ["Dark Magician", which has normal Yugi's soul trapped in it, is summoned]
Yami Yugi: [draws "The Magician of Faith", which has Tea's soul sealed within it] No! "The Magician of Faith"!
Yami Bakura: Hmm... isn't that Tea's favourite card? Do you suppose her mortal soul is trapped within it? Hmm... I wonder. Maybe you should play it and find out. But then again... [places another monster face-down] you don't know what I'm playing here, so you might be putting her in danger. A dilemma. And while you decide, I'll just activate this trap card [activates his face-down trap card "Just Desserts"]
Yami Yugi: No!
Yami Bakura: "Just Desserts"! I think you find it will help you come to grips with your present situation. [a foggy disembodied hand appears and grabs Yami Yugi by his head, causing apparent pain, while Yami Yugi's lifepoints drop down to 500 due to the effect of "Just Desserts"]
Yami Bakura: [chuckles] "Just Desserts" takes 500 points for each of your monsters on the field and you feel like each and every point has been ripped from your beating heart.
[Yugi has summoned "The Magician of Faith", which has Tea's soul trapped in it, on the field face-down and Yugi and his friends try to hid her from Yami Bakura by standing in front of her]
Yami Bakura: Don't bother, you fools! I can see her perfectly well!
Yami Yugi: Huh!
Yami Bakura: Now, I have four of you right where I want you... helpless on the field, easy prey for my "Man-Eater Bug" [plays his "Man-Eater Bug" face-down on the field]
Tea: "Man-Eater Bug"? Glad, I'm a girl.
[Yugi has used "Monster Reborn" to bring back "Flame Swordsman", which has Joey's soul trapped in it, back on the field]
Yami Bakura: [coldly] You waste your time and your turns rescuing these foolish mortals.
Yami Yugi: My friends are never a waste of time. Make your move.
Yami Bakura: [chuckles] Oh, I'll move and you will lose. This is the play that will end the match and win me your Millenium Puzzle. First, I will play "The Lady of Faith" in attack mode and then the card that will turn your friends against one another... "The Change of Heart".
Yugi: "The Change of Heart"? Isn't that Bakura's favourite card?
Yami Bakura: And a very magical card it is. With this card I can turn you against your comrades. The very friends you sought to protect you will now destroy.
Yugi: No, I refuse!
Yami Bakura: You won't have a choice in the matter. "The Change of Heart" card allows me to control any opposing monster and I choose you, little Yugi.
Yami Yugi: Leave the young one out of this!
Yami Bakura: Why should I? By simply destroying him might defeat you as well. You're here to die and PROTECT HIM! THEN PROTECT HIM AGAINST THIS!
[Yami Yugi defeats Yami Bakura and Yami Bakura gets sent to the card graveyard]
Yami Bakura: The Millenium Puzzle was almost mine!
[The Reaper of Cards approaches Yami Bakura]
Yami Bakura: [screams in horror]
Face Off, Part 1
Face Off, Part 2
- Seto: The second of my 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons. Just one more now, and then absolutely nothing will be able to keep me from victory. Soon, with one earth-shattering blast, I'll defeat Yugi for the last time. And once I've finished him, I'll go after Pegasus and rescue my brother from his demented grip.
- Yugi (thinking): What is happening to me? One minute I'm battling against Kaiba, the next minute I'm battling with myself. Suddenly there was this other presence inside of me, willing to do anything to win the duel. And it took everything I had just to hold him back. But that gave Kaiba the opening he needed. I let Kaiba win the match, but I had no choice. That other presence may have seriously hurt Kaiba if I hadn't regained control. And now I'm afraid of what happens next time. What happens if I can't control it? No! I can't take that chance. And that means:I can never duel again.
- Yugi: I almost couldn't control it! This other presence inside me! He was willing to go all the way against Kaiba!!
- Joey: Another presence inside you?
- Tristan: What do ya mean? What are you talkin' about, buddy?
- Bakura: Like me, Yugi has some ancient spirit inside him. It has something to do with our Millennium Items.
- Yugi: I'm afraid of this spirit inside me! So afraid, that I can never duel again!
- Mai: Come on! What you're doing is pointless! Yugi's already given up on himself! You're not going to be able to keep fighting for him! He has to fight for himself! He has to stand up to anyone who dares to get in his way!! And whatever is going on in his head, Tea, Yugi has to deal with it on his own!
- Yugi (thinking): Maybe Mai's right. Maybe I have to fight harder. Maybe I gave up too easily. What do you do when the thing you're fighting against is some kind of magical spirit that can take control of you? Something that's living inside you? What do you do then?
Champion vs. Creator, Part 1
Champion vs. Creator, Part 2
- Yugi: Why, Pegasus? Who are you to toy with our friends, our families? I won't let you get away with it!
The Night Before
Duel Identity, Part 1
- Yugi (thinking): I got be at my best if I'm gonna make it through these playoffs. But I also have to keep the spirit of my Millennium Puzzle in check. I mean if Pegasus can seal souls with his Millennium item, who knows what the spirit of the Puzzle might do to win against Mai?
- Pharaoh: Yugi, let me help you! If you continue to hold me back, everybody loses!
Duel Identity, Part 2
- Mai: So, Yugi, have you faced up to your fears? Whatever freaked you out in your battle with Kaiba, have you come to grips with it?
- Yugi (thinking): How can I? Kaiba was willing to do anything to win the duel, and the spirit from my Millennium Puzzle was willing to do anything to stop him. But if I had attacked, Kaiba would have been seriously hurt. And I couldn't let that happen, even if it cost me the duel. No matter how badly I need to rescue Grandpa, hurting someone else is something I will not do.
- Pharaoh: I meant no harm. I only wanted to help. And I vow never to go against your wishes again.
- Yugi: How can I believe you?
- Pharaoh: Your grandfather once told you to trust in the power of the Millennium Puzzle, remember?
- Yugi: Maybe you're right.
Keith's Machination, Part 1
Keith's Machination, Part 2
Best of Friends, Best of Duelists: Part 1
Best of Friends, Best of Duelists: Part 2
Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 1
- Yugi (thinking): I hope I'm doing the right thing deciding to duel again. Grandpa told me to trust the ancient presence from inside the Millennium Puzzle. But how can I? It was willing to do anything to beat Kaiba. Anything.
Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 2
Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 3
- Dark Bakura: As you can see, there isn't a particle of those fools left in this dimension. I've no patience for obstacles that get in my way! Remember that!
- Tristan: Huh? I don't know how you did that and I probably don't wanna know. Just tell me who you are, what you want. I know you're not really our friend Bakura. You're the one Yugi beat. He banished you to the graveyard. And in the process, he released Bakura from your control.
- Dark Bakura: Yes. But that wouldn't have happened if Bakura hadn't betrayed me. I've decided I need a new host.
- Tristan: You won't take me without a fight!
- Dark Bakura: Not yours. I want a vessel with a mind or spirit of its own.
- Tristan: You want Mokuba.
- Dark Bakura: Now turn him over or face the same fate as those guards!
Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 4
- Dark Bakura: So what will it be, Mortal? Are you going to hand Mokuba over willingly or do I have to conjure something to consume your soul?
- Tristan: Forget it. No way.
- Dark Bakura: You know that I have the power to back up my threats. Hand him over this instant, or I'll dispatch you to the graveyard, too.
- Tristan: Yeah, I remember. Your evil power comes from that, the Millennium Ring.
- Dark Bakura: That's right. The Millennium Ring not only allows me to control your friend Bakura, it gives me many other magical abilities as well. So unless you want a more personal demonstration of my power, you'd stop resisting me since you know any attempt would be pointless. Why sacrifice yourself when you know I'll still wind up possession of him in the end?
- Pegasus (thinking): I think Yugi overestimates his mental prowess, and underestimates the burden of fighting a duel in the Shadow Realm. I don't think you have it in you, Yugi boy. You have two creatures to maintain- your Curse of Dragon and your Dark Magician.
- Pegasus (thinking): He's too young and unskilled to cope with the stress. And communicating with that other spirit splits his concentration even more. His mental and magical energies will soon be exhausted.
- Yami: Yugi! Yugi!! I can't sense his spirit. I can no longer feel the presence of his young mind. No. He...He can't be gone.
- Pegasus: Forget him. The boy was too weak. It takes a person of true fortitude to undermine the dark energies of the Shadow Realm. Face it: Yugi is gone and it's just you and me now.
- Yami Yugi: You've used your underhanded tactics to overwhelm Yugi's mind! You will pay for what you did!
- Pegasus: So I take it, from this emotional outburst, that you're having a hard time acknowledging the fact that you failed in your self-appointed duty to protect your little dueling protege. Whoever you are, perhaps Yugi would have been better off without your interference.
- Yami: Be silent! For what you have done, I will show you no mercy.
Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 5
- Yami (thinking): But with Yugi gone from his world, he can no longer help me prevent Pegasus from reading minds.
- (Yami has a vision)
- Solomon Moto: Yugi is still with you.
- The Pharaoh: You must be...
- Solomon Moto: Yugi's grandpa. And believe me, his heart is still in this.
- The Pharaoh: But how can that be?
- Solomon Moto: You believe only what your eyes show you. The unbreakable bond of Yugi's friends keeps his spirit alive.
- The Pharaoh: His friends, of course! They haven't given up on him!!
- This is the debut appearance of Shadi.
- (After entering Yugi's subconscious mind via the Millennium Key)
- Shadi: Incredible! This youth's mind contains two chambers. Never have I seen such a thing. One is a room of pure innocence, devoid of malice. Purity of soul I sense could not possibly belong to the thief who stole Pegasus' Millennium Eye. But, wait. The other chamber- I detect another presence. And this soul is much more mysterious.
- The Pharaoh: It's all right. You may enter my chamber if that is what you desire. But I warn you, tread cautiously. I will allow no harm to come to the boy whose vessel I share. Your presence here intrigues me.
- Shadi: In the past I have ventured into minds of many people. But never have I encountered such a strange soul here. I feel as though I am in the tomb of an ancient Egyptian pharaoh.
- The Pharaoh: I don't know how you entered my mind. Explain yourself before you trespass further! I demand an explanation for your intrusion!
- Shadi: I seek a criminal who has stolen the power of a Millennium Item. It has been five long millennia since those items were created.
The Wrath of Rebecca
- The Pharaoh: You did it. You saved everyone, Yugi.
- Yugi: We both did. And I don't even know your name.
- The Pharaoh: I've been called many things throughout the ages. Pharaoh, Yu-Gi-Oh! I've been known as Yami.
- Yugi: Well, Yami, I'm glad to have you as my friend.
- Pharaoh: Good, because I'm glad to be one.
The Ties of Friendship
- (The scene shows Yugi and Rebecca dueling)
- Yugi: Now listen to me, Rebecca. I'm only going to say this one more time, my grandpa didn't steal your Blue-Eyes White Dragon!
- Rebecca: (angrily) You're lying! He did! He did! He did steal it! It was my grandpa's favorite and your grandpa took it from him. You won't get away with this, you thieves!
- Solomon: Rebecca.
- Rebecca: Now what?
- Solomon: There's a story that you need to hear, Rebecca. It's the story of how I met your grandfather, Professor Arthur Hawkins and of the danger we faced together.
- Rebecca: In other words, more of your lies! Forget it!
- Solomon: No, it's true and be assured it's one of the most frightening experiences I have in my entire life.
- Rebecca: Humph. I'm so sure.
- Solomon: It happened years ago, but it's an adventure I'll never forget.
- (In a flashback in Egypt)
- Solomon: I have traveled to Egypt to participate in an archaeological dig. A brand new discovery been made not far from the Great Pyramids. We all wondered what Ancient Egyptian secrets will soon be unearthed. The desert was hotter and drier than I expected. So it was fortunate that I soon made a friend.
- (He tries to drink water but his carton is emptied and suddenly Arthur Hawkins decided to give him his water)
- Arthur: (handling his water carton) You look like you could use some cool water.
- Solomon: How could I thank you?
- (He drinks the water and spit it out)
- Solomon: I guzzled it down a little too quick. But my new friend Professor Arthur Hawkins was just assumed my enthusiasm, he was a kind and very brilliant man.
- (Back to the duel)
- Solomon: But in his field of archaeology, he was viewed as a extremely radical thinker.
- Tea: How come?
- Solomon: His theories, he believed that Duel Monsters may have played some mysterious part in Egyptian history. Am I'm right, Rebecca?
- Rebecca: Hmm...
- Yugi: I don't understand, Grandpa.
- Solomon: His studies of hieroglyphics, the ancient Egyptians' writing, kept turning up one particular word over and over again. And that one word was "Duel".
- Tea: Duel?
- Yugi: But why?
- Solomon: It was a mysterious.
- (Arthur and Solomon are inside an ancient chamber)
- Solomon: Using duel as a keyword, he worked towards a new interpretation of Egyptian history. And he came into a astonishes conclusion.
- Arthur: It's here, my friend, in these hieroglyphs. "By the spirits of the River Nile, I combined magic and monsters to vanquish my enemy in our battle this day".
- Solomon: What on earth could that mean?
- Arthur: If I'm correct, it has to do with incredible contests in which ancient Egyptians participated. Contests with high stakes. I believe, duels.
- Solomon: What kind of duels?
- Arthur: I think you'll find the answer in that inscription, Solomon.
- (Arthur hands out a deck of monster cards)
- Arthur: Look at this.
- Solomon: Duel Monster cards.
- Arthur: Now take a look at those ancient drawings.
- (Solomon finds out that the monster card looks exactly the same like the one in the carving)
- Solomon: The images are nearly the same.
- Arthur: Which leads me to believe the Ancient Egyptians must have played the similar game to our own.
- Solomon: What an amazing discovery! When you present this to your fellow scholars, you'll revolutionize the field of Egyptology.
- Arthur: We shall see.
- (Flashback ends)
- Solomon: But Arthur's colleagues ridiculed his theories and dismissed them his wild fantasy. Even in the face of such disbelieved, he bravely stood his ground and continued his difficult research into the ancient game of Duel Monsters. He invited me to join him in his work and I helped the best of I could. In time, he discovered a link between the game and the Millennium Items.
- Yugi: What kind of link?
- Solomon: It's still very mysterious, Yugi.
- (Arthur and Solomon are in an ancient tomb)
- Arthur: The Ancient Egyptians didn't play this game for fun or money, Solomon. But rather for the power to rule the world.
- Solomon: How could that be?
- Arthur: The inscriptions tell of a place called the Shadow Realm where terrible monsters dwell and powerful warriors battled for dominion over the Earth. Apparently, the Ancient Egyptians actually played the game in that mysterious realm and the stakes are caught in this inscription with the fate of the Earth.
Legendary Heroes, Part 1
Legendary Heroes, Part 2
- Joey Wheeler: Go, Drumsticks!
- Mai Valentine: Uh, guys? Joey just named his chicken.
- Joey Wheeler: It's a Niwatori, Mai!
- Mai Valentine: Whatever.
Legendary Heroes, Part 3
Dungeon Dice Monsters, Part 1
Dungeon Dice Monsters, Part 2
Dungeon Dice Monsters, Part 3
Dungeon Dice Monsters, Part 4
Season Two: Battle City
The Mystery Duelist, Part 1
- Yugi: If I have to duel, I'm gonna need the spirit of the Puzzle to help me.
- Pharaoh: I can barely hear you, Yugi. Our bond is weak. It's hard to maintain contact. I'm afraid I won't be able to help you with this duel. You'll have to fight him...alone.
- Yugi: Alone!? But I've never fought a duel without you! And if I'm defeated I'll lose you forever!
- Pharaoh: You can defeat him! Just trust yourself and your deck, and you'll find the way.
- Yugi: Alright.
- Pharaoh: Be very careful, Yugi. I sense a great evil.
- Yugi: Spirit!!
The Mystery Duelist, Part 2
- [Marik has just attempted to regain control of Bandit Keith]
- Marik Ishtar: It seems the Duel is not yet done. You can still win the match and claim my Millennium prize!
- Bandit Keith: [gets up] STOP!!! STOP TALKING TO ME!!! [picks up a length of pipe and swings it ravenously in an attempt to stop Marik] Where are ya?! Show yourself!
- Marik Ishtar: Obey me and duel!
- Yugi: Keith, stop! No!
- [Keith attacks the images until he hits a control box, causing sparks and live wires to split, which they laid on tanks of gasoline then explodes, causing a warehouse fire]
- Tristan: Yeah, brilliant, putting the rod in the hole and pulling really hard.
- Joey: Say what!?
- Tristan: Say nothing!
- Joey and Tristan: [in unison] We'll be good.
- Yugi: I've got to solve the Millennium Puzzle and fast!! Time is running out! And this fire is getting worse! Focus! If I solve the Puzzle, I save the spirit! Even if I don't make it out, at least he will!
- Tea (thinking): I'm glad those guys are OK, but I'm not. I mean, someone's after Yugi's Millennium Puzzle. And because of that, I almost lost him today. Ever since Yugi first solved that Puzzle and bonded with the spirit inside, everyone's been trying to get their hands on it lately. And I know we haven't seen the last of whoever it is who's after Yugi.
The Past is Present
- Ishizu Ishtar: Kaiba, do you believe in destiny?
- Seto Kaiba: Does it matter?
- Ishizu Ishtar: Ancient Egyptians thought that the true path of one's life is predetermined because history repeats itself throughout the ages in a neverending circle. They would say it was not your choice to come here for it was destined for the two of us would meet.
- Seto Kaiba: Look, all that nonsense may interest you, but I didn't come here for Egyptian history 101. I came here because you said it will be worth my while, but it looks like you're wasting my time. If there's a point to all of this, let's get to it already, I have a company to run. You said you have a exclusive offer for me.
- (Back to when Ishizu is talking to Kaiba on the phone)
- Seto Kaiba: I know everything about Duel Monsters and there is nothing like Exodia. So quit the charade and tell me what's going on.
- Ishizu Ishtar: All in good time, Kaiba. Duel Monsters is based upon a 5000-year-old game, it was played by Ancient Egyptians for power and was extremely dangerous.
- Seto Kaiba: Who cares?
- Ishizu Ishtar: Maximillion Pegasus did, he fell in love with the game and decided to reinvented for modern times.
- Seto Kaiba: What's your point?
- Ishizu Ishtar: I get it, unbeknownst to most duelists. Pegasus created a series of all powerful cards that were never released to the public. It was no surprise that he kept the best monsters for himself.
- (In the Domino Museum)
- Ishizu Ishtar: I've secured the most precious artifacts here. We've recovered stone carvings that depict the earliest known games played in Egypt. I'm sure you'll find it most familiar. Kaiba, behold the origin of Duel Monsters!
- (Kaiba enters when suddenly he sees a stone tablet sealed in display)
- Seto Kaiba: It can't be... These carvings look like Duel Monsters Cards! Then that means your story is true!
- Ishizu Ishtar: I see you've come to your senses. Furthermore there's a theory that in ancient times these monsters were real. Egyptian sorcerers summoned monsters to earth to do their bidding, but they soon realized that the monsters could not be control. They destroyed villages and brought earth to the brink of destruction. The citizens turned to the pharaoh for help, though he could not defeat the monsters. He managed to use his magic to seal them away in stone tablets and brought peace to the world. However, overtime evil sorcerers learned how to control the monsters and released them from the tablets. With their army of powerful monsters, the sorcerers were confident that no one could stand in their way. They betrayed the pharaoh and wage an all-out war against him. This is the one you must look at.
- Seto Kaiba: Hm?
- Ishizu Ishtar: This carving is the reason I called you here tonight. It depicts one of the main conflicts in the war between the pharaoh and his greatest opponent, closely examine this artifact. After this moment, Kaiba, your life will never be the same. (Kaiba sees that the pharaoh looks like Yugi)
- Seto Kaiba: That's the pharaoh?! But, that's Yugi! And the monster carved above him is the Dark Magician!
- Ishizu Ishtar: On the left is the sorcerer fighting against him. (Kaiba is shocked to see that the pharaoh's greatest opponent is none other than an ancient Egyptian version of him) That's you, Kaiba! If you still have any doubt, look at his monster. It's the Blue-Eyes White Dragon!
- Ishizu: The hieroglyphics read that the mighty sorcerer marched into the Pharaoh's chambers and challenged him and his legion of loyal magicians to a legendary duel with the fate of the world at stake. The Pharaoh accepted the sorcerer's challenge, and their epic battle began. Today, five thousand years later, the this epic battle is played out once again. Do you see? Now do you believe in destiny, Kaiba?
- Kaiba: This is ridiculous! This piece of rock has got to be a fake!!
- Ishizu: If you won't trust my word, then you must see into the past and glimpse a part of the battle firsthand, which I can help you do with my Millennium Necklace. Now, open your mind and see into the past!
- Ishizu: The duel raged on with neither side showing any mercy. They summoned monsters that were increasingly more powerful and dangerous. The winner of the duel is written here, but as you can see, the hieroglyphics have been worn away.
- Kaiba: I see.
- Ishizu: But although we do not know the outcome, we can deduce who was victorious.
- Yugi: I wish we knew more about our new enemy. He said he was familiar with the power of a Millennium Item. I bet he has one.
- Pharaoh: That must be how he controls people's minds.
- Yugi: But who is he?
- Pharaoh: I don't know.
- Yugi: Then how can we stop him!?
- Pharaoh: Don't worry. As long as we stay connected, you and I can face anything.
- Yugi: Maybe. But what if I...fail again? How do I know that I won't lose you?
- Pharaoh: I believe in you, Yugi.
- Yugi: Ready or not, Spirit, this is where you take over.
- Yami: [Shouting at the Millennium Puzzle] Hey Yugi... I'm not... you can't... this isn't a duel! [Sees Tea watching] Oh, hello.
Obelisk the Tormentor
- Ishizu: Welcome, Yami. I've been expecting you.
- Pharaoh: who are you?
- Ishizu: I am Ishizu. And I've uncovered many mysteries about you and these ancient carvings using the magic of my Millennium Necklace.
- Pharaoh: Another Millennium Item.
- Ishizu: Like your Millennium Puzzle, this necklace affords me certain powers. With it, I have gazed five thousand years into the past, to a time when evil sorcerers threatened to destroy the entire world.
Stalked by the Rare Hunters
- This marks the debut appearance of Joey Wheeler's younger sister Serenity.
- Joey: And now, for your worst nightmare!! The moment I've been waitin' for! I summon...RED-EYES BLACK DRAGON!!
Yugi vs. the Rare Hunter, Part 1
- Rare Hunter: My first move will be... [draws] Just what I suspected! Graceful Charity lets me draw three cards, and I discard two!
Yugi vs. the Rare Hunter, Part 2
Master of Magicians, Part 1
Master of Magicians, Part 2
It's the battle of the sexes to see which is stronger; the master or the apprentice. Who will prevail in this epic clash? Find out next time on dragon ball z!!
Playing with a Parasite, Part 1
Playing with a Parasite, Part 2
Mime Games, Part 1
- Yugi: Marik keeps talking about "wanting the power of the Pharaoh." But you are the Pharaoh. If you really all this power inside you, don't you think that we would know about it? I guess you must if saved the world. But what happened?
- Yami: It's all still unclear.
Mime Games, Part 2
Mime Games, Part 3
Legendary Fisherman, Part 1
Legendary Fisherman, Part 2
Double Duel, Part 1
Double Duel, Part 2
Double Duel, Part 3
Double Duel, Part 4
Friends 'till the End, Part 1
Marik: Now come and fight me, little Yugi; for the last duel you'll ever fight!
Friends 'till the End, Part 2
- Yugi: Tea's right! I have an idea!
- Pharaoh: What is it?
- Yugi: I may have come up with a way to save Joey, and get us outta this mess!
- Pharaoh: What's that?
- Yugi: Well, it came to me when Tea reminded us of our friendship. There's a chance we can break through to the real Joey. I think you should let me duel in your place.
- Pharaoh: But why?
- Yugi: Because through thick and thin, Joey and I have always shared a really strong bond. A bond I think might break through to him now. We've been through so much together, like the time when he rescued me from that fire. Joey and Tristan risked their lives for me, and now it's my turn.
- Pharaoh: This is a very dangerous match, Yugi.
- Yugi: I know it is. But I can't let that stop me. I feel in my heart that if there's anyone in the world who can get through to Joey right now, it's me.
- Pharaoh: But, Yugi...
- Yugi: I'm ready to go in there and do whatever I have to do! Joey's my best friend and I know he'd do the exact same thing for me. Please understand, Yami. This isn't something I want to do, it's something I feel I have to do.
- The Pharaoh: Well, Yugi, if you feel that strongly...Then go. Go and rescue your best friend and know that I will be right here should you need me.
- (the two switch spirits)
- Yugi: OK, Joey, it's just us now!
- Marik: What!? No!! I want the Pharaoh! Not this little runt! I want to defeat the ancient ruler!! That spineless coward! He sent little Yugi to protect himself!! You cheat!! I want to destroy the Pharaoh!! But then again, this may be just what I needed. I can win this duel with ease now that I'm up against little Yugi instead of the Pharaoh. And it doesn't really matter which one of them I defeat. I'll still win the Millennium Puzzle and Slifer the Sky Dragon!!
- Yugi: And now, I sacrifice my two monsters so I can summon this to the field!! RED-EYES BLACK DRAGON!! (The arrival of the Red-Eyes Black Dragon suddenly triggers Joey's memories)
- Joey: It's my Red-Eyes!
- Yugi: Come on, Joey! I know you remember your Red-Eyes!
- Joey: I remember! My dragon!
- Kaiba: That Red-Eyes Black Dragon seems to be affecting Wheeler's mind.
- Pharaoh: Yugi, this is getting too dangerous!! I'm taking over!
- Yugi: No! I can't let you, Yami! I need to do this myself.
- Pharaoh: But Yugi-
- Yugi: You have to trust me on this one 'cause I know I can save him. Since the day I solved the Millennium Puzzle, you've given hope, courage, and confidence. You even helped me to make new friends. But I can't go through my life depending on you. I need to know that even without the Millennium Puzzle I can still be on my own if I have to. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can be like you without you.
Friends 'till the End, Part 3
Friends 'till the End, Part 4
- Joey: Hey, Yuge, I'm that Millennium Puzzle is back where it belongs.
- Yugi: That reminds me. I owe a big thanks to you too, Yami. You trusted me to handle this on my own. I could never have broken through to Joey if you didn't believe in me. You and I make a great team, but it's nice to know that I have the strength to hold my own if I have to. And you helped me find that strength inside myself.
- Mai: Will you get a grip, please?!
Shadow of a Duel
[Solomon Muto tries to wake up Bakura at the hospital] Solomon: BAKURA!!! Bakura: [wakes up and is immediately taken over by Yami Bakura] Solomon: Ooh. Thank goodness you're alright. You were shouting and tossing around. Yami Bakura: [pretending to be the normal Bakura] I'm fine. It was only a nightmare. Solomon: Well, you've been through at lot. This will cheer you up. Yugi and Joey called while you were asleep and they've both qualified for the Battle City Tournament Finals. Yami Bakura: [still pretending to be the normal Bakura] Hmm... that is excellent news but I'm not surprised. Did they happen to mention where the finals are being held? Solomon: Oh? I was so excited by the news that I forgot to ask about that. Yami Bakura: [grunts] Solomon: Yep. I'm really proud of those boys, especially since only eight duelists can make it to the finals and to think I've trained to of 'em by myself. Yami Bakura: [grunts and is getting up from the bed] Solomon: Wait, you must lie down! Yami Bakura: I've got work to do. Solomon: You need rest and you haven't got your test results yet. Yami Bakura: [angrily] BACK OFF, OLD MAN! [The Millenium Ring starts to shine] Solomon: [terrified] AAAAHH! Yami Bakura: I don't have time for this foolishness for my destiny awaits. Solomon: Who are you? [Yami Bakura laughs evilly while the power of the Millenium Ring makes Solomon Muto to pass out] Solomon: Ooh! No! Not again! Yami Bakura: That ought hold him for a while. [grins evilly, while thinking] Now I must obtain six locator cards to qualify for the Battle City Finals , then I deliver my winnings to Marik and the greatest power of the world will be mine! [Steals a Duel Disk and a locator card from a duelist off-screen] Duelist: Help! No! Please, give me back my stuff! Yami Bakura: I'm afraid they belong to me. Your Duel Disk and your locator card are exactly what I'm looking for. Duelist: Please don't! I need those so I can keep dueling. Yami Bakura: Stop crawling, it's pitiful. [puts the locator card to his pants pocket] Your Battle City days are over. Now then, let's see what kind of deck you have [pulls the duelist's deck out of the Duel Disk and gets totally unimpressed by the cards in the deck] What? And you call yourself a duelist? It's pathetic! [throws the cards to the ground] Duelist: My cards! [pitifully] I'll never get to the finals now!
- [Yami Bakura is dueling Bonz in a cemetery]
- Yami Bakura: Time to begin our Duel, so get ready. [Draws a card] Are you aware of the legend of this cemetery?
- Bonz: What legend?
- Yami Bakura: Listen, this very cemetery is haunted by the ghost of a knight who lost his head in battle. [Discreetly places a monster card on his duel disk]
- Bonz: [Nervously] What?
- Yami Bakura: When the clock strikes midnight, he rises up from his grave in search of his missing head.
- Bonz: [Nervously] I... don't believe you.
- [Yami Bakura's "Headless Knight" monster bursts from the ground, with 1450 Attack points]
- Yami Bakura: [Laughs evilly] Meet "Headless Knight"!
- Bonz: AAAGHH!
[Bonz destroys Yami Bakura's "Headless Knight" with his "Snake Hair"]
Bonz: So, it looks like your knight lost a lot more than his head.
Yami Bakura: Wrong. I assure you, you haven't seen the last of my "Headless Knight", so, observe and learn. I reveal my face-down card and it's "Shallow Grave" ["Shallow Grave" is activated and Yami Bakura uses it to revive "Headless Knight"]
[Bakura has destroyed Bonz's fusion monster "Great Mammoth of Goldfine" and Bonz's life points have reduced down to 600 due to the battle damage and the additional damage from his own trap card "Skull Invitation"]
Yami Bakura: The end is near and when I win you and your friends will be trapped here.
Zygor: What do you mean by that?
Yami Bakura: [laughs] Just look around, you fools! We have been dueling in the Shadow Realm. I transported us here when I first arrived. What do you think? [shadowy figures start to crawl around the graveyard they're dueling in]
Bonz, Zygor and Sid: [terrified] WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS?
Yami Bakura: Those are lost souls trapped forever in the darkness and soon you will join them. Your souls doomed to wonder the darkness of the Shadow Realm.
[Bonz has activated the magic card "Nightmare Steelcage" to prevent Yami Bakura from attacking him.]
Yami Bakura: I draw one card. [draws a card from his deck, looks at it and grunts, seemingly disappointed]
Sid: [mockingly] Aww, disappointed because you can't move?
Yami Bakura: On the contrary. I'm disappointed because this duel has to end and I wanted to prolong your misery.
Bonz: [dumbfounded] What are you talking about? As long as "Nightmare Steelcage" remains on the field, you cannot attack for two whole turns!
Yami Bakura: That's only partially true. There is one card that can penetrate your cage. [places the magic card "Ectoplasmer" on the field card slot on his Duel Disk] Activate "Ectoplasmer". [Ectoplasmer is activated and starts to absord the spirit of Yami Bakura's face-up monster "Earl of Demise"] "Ectoplasmer" extracts the very soul of my monster and transforms it into an energy so powerful it can penetrate your cage and destroy the rest of your lifepoints!
Bonz: [terrified] Aah! No way!
Yami Bakura: Yes! Now, go, "Ectoplasmer" and finish these fools of NOW!
[The spirit of "Earl of Demise" turned into an ectoplasmer rushes straight towards Bonz who is now totally terrified. Bonz loses the duel]
Lights, Camera, Duel
Let the Finals Begin!
The Dark Spirit Revealed, Part 1
- Yami Bakura: I hold a card in my hand with dark powers beyond your wildest imagination. But first, before I could play this all-powerful card, I needed a bit of assistance. Thanks for helping me destroy you. Three of my monsters needed to be destroyed before I could bring forth my Dark Destructor. You made that possible. Now I summon the beast that will cause your demise, Dark Necrofear! [summons Dark Necrofear] You have no idea what you are about to experience!
- Pharaoh Yugi: I knew you planning something!
- Yami Bakura: It doesn't matter. You still fell into my trap, and now you're about to pay the ultimate price! [laughs] This is it. You're finished, Yugi!
- Tristan: What is it? That monster's creeping me out.
- Joey: Me too, Tristan. And if he was willing to lose all those life points to bring it out... it must be powerful.
- Yami Bakura: Dark Necrofear is one of the most destructive cards in my deck. You'll never stop it.
- Kaiba: I know a card in Yugi's deck that can-- his Egyptian God card, the mighty Slifer the Sky Dragon. It all depends on whether or not Yugi has the courage to use it.
- Yami Bakura: Stare into the face of defeat! You see, not only is my monster strong... possessing more attack points than either of your monsters... but it also possess a dark magic hidden within, waiting to activate and destroy you!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Your monster may be powerful, but it's not unbeatable!
- Kaiba: [thinking, voice-over] This Dark Necrofear must possess incredible powers if Bakura risked losing the finals just to summon it. He led Yugi through this duel like a dog on a leash, and now Bakura has him exactly where he wants him. So, what will you do now, Yugi?
The Dark Spirit Revealed, Part 2
The Dark Spirit Revealed, Part 3
- Yami Bakura: Marik, I must step in!! I still need Bakura and I can't risk his health! He holds the Millennium Ring and my spirit!! I must protect him for the moment!!
- Yugi: The Millennium Ring is a lot like my Puzzle. It holds an ancient spirit who depends on someone else so it can exist. And even though the spirit of the Ring is evil and controls Bakura against his will, it seems to still need Bakura in order to survive. But there's big difference between Bakura and I, Yami.
- The Pharaoh: What's that?
- Yugi: The spirit inside my item is my friend. And you and I are always there to support each other. You were there to help me when my grandfather was in trouble, and now I'm here to help you rescue the world from evil.
Rage of the Egyptian Gods
Awakening of Evil, Part 1
Awakening of Evil, Part 2
Awakening of Evil, Part 3
Awakening of Evil, Part 4
Mind Games, Part 1
- Mai: So let's go. I'm ready to show you what real dueling's all about.
- Yami Marik: Good luck.
- [Duel begins]
- Mai: Thank you. Now ladies first. [draws] Hmm, not too bad. I play Dunames Dark Witch in attack mode! [summons Dunames Dark Witch in attack position] Take it away, sweetheart.
- Yami Marik: Hmm. Starting things off quickly, are we? I see. Now let's see what my deck has for me-- rather us. [draws] Excellent. Now, I'll summon my Revival Jam. In defense mode.
- Mai: All right, tough guy, check it out! I play this-- the magic card, Harpie's Feather Duster! It blows away all your trap and magic cards! Sorry, Marik, but I saw your dirty little plan, so I swept it right up!
- Joey: Yeah!
- Yugi: [thinking] Mai sure handled that fast, but she's in for much worse if he summons his Egyptian God card!
Mind Games, Part 2
- Teá: Try and hang in there, Mai! You can do it! [Mai turns to see her invisible silhouette] We're all here for you!
- Mai: [puzzled and confused] That's weird. Whose voice is that? And where's it coming from?
- Teá: What's wrong? She's not answering me, and what's with that blank stare?
- Yugi: It's true! Teá's been erased from Mai's mind!
- Joey: Marik's almost down to 1,000 life points!
- Yami Marik: [laughs evilly] A small price to pay... to have you caught deep within my trap!
- Mai: [shocked] Huh? A trap?!
- Yami Marik: That's right. Reveal Card of Last Will!
- Mai: Card of Last Will?
- Yami Marik: Yes! It allows me to draw five new cards into my hand when one of my monster's attack points is decreased.
- Yugi: [thinking] Now Marik gets a brand-new hand! This could change everything!
- Yami Marik: [draws five new cards from his deck] I offer you my gratitude. Gaining five new cards isn't all you've allowed me to do. By destroying Makyura, you've activated its special ability. Now I'll play a card that will surely annihilate you! This shadow game's quite amusing. Now...prepare to live out your worst nightmare! By the way of the trap card, Nightmare Wheel! [activates Nightmare Wheel, trapping Mai's Amazon Fighter] Not only does it trap your Amazon Fighter... [laughs] but the nightmare wheel will also take 500 life points from you every turn.
- Mai: I wasn't expecting something I couldn't handle.
- Yami Marik: Pardon?
- Mai: I thought you'd try something like this Marik. So I play this card, [reveals her trap card] Rescue Operation! This trap card allows me to rescue my Amazon Fighter from your trap. It also let's me summon a new monster to the field now.
- Mokuba: Do you know what this means?!
- Yami Marik: So, are you going to summon the Egyptian God Card you took from me?
- Mai: Of course not, I paid attention the last time it was played. And I know if I summoned it now without sacrificing any monsters first, it would have zero attack points. But not to worry, I'll play that Winged Dragon by the end of my next turn.
- Joey: She crazy? How's she ever gonna pull that off, Yugi?
- Mai: But first things first. Amazon Fighter, return to my hand now! [Amazon Fighter springs free from Marik's trap and back to her hand] And now to summon a new monster. Ah, this ought to do. [selects and summons Cyber Harpie] I summon Cyber Harpie!
- Joey: Yeah! Mai's favorite!
- Mai: Now I just need one card. Let's hope this is it. [thinking] If I draw the right card, I’ll be able to summon the Winged Dragon of Ra! [draws a card] Come on... This’ll help. I play Graceful Charity! Now! A magic card that let’s me draw three new cards from my deck, and then I discard two from my hand. [draws three cards; thinking] First I’ll get rid of these... [sends two cards to her graveyard] And now let’s see if I drew the card I need! [holds the Winged Dragon of Ra, Gravity Bind, and Elegant Egotist] Oh, I am so good.
Mind Games, Part 3
A Duel with Destiny, Part 1
- Serenity: Joey, she's not waking up.
- Joey: Mai?
- Téa: She can't hear you. Marik trapped her mind in the Shadow Realm.
- Serenity: [worried] Poor Mai.
- Joey: This tournament's gotten way out of hand! You know why?
- Duke: 'Cause there's a mind-warping psycho on board? Just being honest.
- Roland: If duelist #8 does not arrive in the next five minutes, an automatic victory will be awarded to Seto Kaiba.
- Pharaoh Yugi: Kaiba, I must speak to you right away!
- Kaiba: Save it, Yugi.
- Pharaoh Yugi: Kaiba!
- Kaiba: Yugi, let me guess: you want to request and emergency landing to get your friend to a hospital? You can forget it! I told you already, when your friend Bakura couldn't deal with his injury! MY tournament stops for no one, got it?!
- Joey: Kaiba, the guys's got a heart-of-gold, right?
- Tristan: Yeah, his cheeks must hurt from smiling so much.
- Joey: Well, Mr Sunshine's gonna advance to the next round if his opponent doesn't show.
- Kaiba: It looks like my competition came to his senses and decided to back out. Winning this duel was even easier than I thought. [elevator rises up] Wait a minute, someone's arriving! The eighth duelist is HERE!
- Roland: It seems this duel will take place! Seto Kaiba will face, uh...he will face...[clears throat]
- [The elevator doors open, revealing Ishizu]
- Kaiba: You've got some nerve showing up late to duel me! Were you scared? Did the thought of facing a duelist superior as myself make you second guess your own abilities?
- Kaiba: This is quite a surprise.
- Ishizu: Yes, we meet again, Seto Kaiba.
- Kaiba: So, you've come to win back Obelisk?
- Ishizu: What I've come for is of greater importance. I've come here to save my brother.
- Kaiba: Brother?!
- Ishizu: Yes. For the past 5,000 years, an Ishtar has stood guard over the Pharaoh's tomb. Only Marik, he turned against us and the evil within him is even stronger now. He is my brother.
- Joey: Oh, boy. One Ishtar was bad enough. Who needs two?
- Tristan: She can’t be any worse than Marik.
- Duke: Well, for once, you’re right.
- Ishizu: If you remember, Kaiba, my Millennium Necklace has the power to show the events that are yet to come, and right now it tells me you will lose this duel to me!
- Kaiba: Enough with the Millennium items! I don't believe in that nonsense, is that clear?! And as for this duel, just because you were foolish to hand me Obelisk the Tormentor, doesn't mean that I won't use it to destroy you now. And I don't appreciate you using my tournament to solve your personal family issues. I plan this with one goal in mind, to reclaim my place as the number one duelist in the world!
- Ishizu: Have you forgotten that it was my idea for you to organize the battle city tournament? To lure duelists... like Marik.
- Joey: Say what?!
- Ishizu: And my plan worked, for my brother is here. But the hardest task is yet to come. The evil within him must be stopped. And this mission can only be accomplished with the help of the great Pharaoh, which is precisely why Yugi needed to enter this tournament as well. For this ancient Pharaoh dwells within Yugi's Millennium Puzzle.
- Kaiba: How lame. You went through all of that trouble just because of some Egyptian fairy tale? I'm surrounded by super stitious nitwits.
- Ishizu: Do not deny your heritage. As I've shown you before, you too, can trace your origins back to ancient Egypt.
- Kaiba: Alright! That is enough! I know who I am! I'm a far better duelist than you, and I plan to win this tournament! Regardless of what you and your demented brother may believe. You made two mistakes: The first was handing Obelisk to me. The second was expecting it back. That card is mine. And soon, I'll possess the other two Egyptian God cards. Then I'll have the world's most powerful deck! And you can do a favor for me, take your hocus pocus nonsense to someone else's tournament! 'Cause to me, it's a colossal waste of time. Let's go, Roland. Begin this duel at once!
- Roland: Yes, sir! Begin NOW!
- [Duel between Kaiba and Ishizu begins]
- Kaiba: Alright.
- Ishizu: My Millennium Necklace predicts that Kaiba's lack of faith will be his downfall.
- Kaiba: [draws] I’ll go first. I don’t need a magic trick to predict your demise. So, I will summon the mighty VORSE RAIDER! [summons Vorse Raider in attack mode]
- Ishizu: Now, he’ll place a card facedown.
- Kaiba: And now, I’ll place one card facedown. That ends my turn.
- Yugi: Kaiba may be a skilled duelist, but he’s no match for the power of a Millennium item. There’s no way he can win!
- Ishizu: I summon Keldo. [summons Keldo in defense position]
- Joey: Whoa. Hey, Yug, did you see that, man? She didn't even look at that card!
- Pharaoh Yugi: That's right, Joey. Her Millennium Necklace shows her events before they can occur.
- Téa: So she knows everything that's gonna happen before it happens!
- Joey: Hey, hang on! This sounds like that trick Espa Roba played on me!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Yes, Joey, but I can assure you that this is not a trick. Ishizu's power is very much real.
- Yami Marik: What those fools don't realize is that my sister's power has limits.
- Ishizu: I will now activate a powerful magic card, "Michizure of Doom"!
- Kaiba: [shocked] Oh, no! That card allows her to select two cards from my hand and discard them! But then I get to do the same thing to her hand!
- Ishizu: I choose "Polymerization" and Kaiser Glider.
- Kaiba: She couldn't possibly have known I had those two cards in my hand! Unless, of course, she's cheating. [discards Kaiser Glider and Polymerization to his graveyard] Enough trickey! Show me your cards right now! You'll regret ever having played that magic card! [Ishizu shows him her cards] Time for you to discard "Revival Magic" and "Monster Reborn"!
- Ishizu: As you wish. [discards Monster Reborn and Revival Magic to her graveyard] That ends my turn.
- Yami Marik: I don’t blame Seto Kaiba for his frustration. I, too, am growing tired of Ishizu’s speech.
- Ishizu: I will now play the magic card, "Sword of Dagra"! It increases the attack strength of my Mudora by 500 points! Now, attack his Vorse Raider!
- Kaiba: Why, thank you. Facedown cards, GO! [activates his "Shrink" and "Crush Card Virus" combination] You’re finished! First up is my "Shrink" card! This cuts my Vorse Raider’s attack points in half!
- Yugi: In order to activate his "Crush Card", Kaiba had to first lower his own monster’s attack points!
- Kaiba: And as if that weren’t enough, watch as my "Crush Card" destroys both monsters on the field as well as every powerful monster in your entire deck! [laughs wickedly]
- Joey: Oh, man! Kaiba’s move was brutal! If I were Ishizu, I’d trade in that Millenium Necklace for a crystal ball or something!
- Yugi: Joey’s right. If she can see the future, why didn’t she see that coming?
- Kaiba: [snickering] Now every monster in your deck with 1500 attack points goes to the graveyard!
- Ishizu: Yes, I know. [sends a monster card from her hand, and her whole deck to her graveyard]
- Kaiba: Looks like you’re left with nothing but a deck full of worthless monsters who pose absolutely no threat to me!
- Ishizu: According to my Millennium Necklace, I don’t need a powerful monster to defeat you.
A Duel with Destiny, Part 2
- Kaiba: So, do you still think I’m gonna lose?
- Ishizu: I do. You’ve played into my hands, Kaiba. Now, you’ve sealed your own fate.
- Kaiba: Nonsense. I’ve heard enough of your false predictions!
- Ishizu: My predictions are quite real. And now, you’ve fallen into my trap!
- Kaiba: But how?! You’re cards...they’re gone!
- Ishizu: I still have my trap cards! Reveal, "Exchange of the Spirit"! This trap card will be the beginning of your downward spiral toward defeat, Kaiba! At a cost of 1,000 life points, my trap card replaces the cards in each of our decks with those in our graveyards.
- Kaiba: (thinking) But, that leaves me with a deck of only six cards! How could I have let this happen?!
- Yugi: (thinking) By playing "Exchange of the Spirit", Ishizu brought all of her powerful monster cards back from the graveyard, and destroyed Kaiba's deck at the same time!
- Yami Marik: (thinking) Ishizu hasn't lost her touch. She strung Kaiba along just as she used to string me along as a child.
- Pharaoh Yugi: Earlier, Kaiba sent almost every monster in Ishizu's deck right to the graveyard. Now, she gets them all back, along with the magic card she lost last turn. But Kaiba's not so lucky. He had only six cards in his graveyard. Once he uses them up, his deck will be empty, and he'll lose the duel!
- [After Kaiba has received a vision of Kisara from the Millenium Rod, prompting him to change tactics in his Duel against Ishizu]
- Kaiba: Observe as I activate my Magic Card "Silent Doom". [activates "Silent Doom"] Which lets me summon a card from my Graveyard. "Gadget Soldier" in Defense Mode! ["Gadget Soldier" materialises on Kaiba's side of the field in Defense Mode]
- Ishizu (thinking): [stunned] This isn't the future my Necklace predicted! Everything has changed!
- Kaiba: Before I can summon my "Blue-Eyes White Dragon", I must sacrifice two monsters. First this! [lays his fingers on the "Obelisk the Tormentor" card on his duel disk]
- Ishizu: Oh no!
- Kaiba: That's right! It's my Egyptian god Card!
- Yami Marik: Ridiculous!
- Joey: No way, man!
- Téa: What's he thinking?!
- Yami Yugi: It can't be!
- Kaiba: Hear me now! I won't be controlled! I decide my future! So now I sacrifice my monsters! [removes both Monster Cards from his duel disk] "Obelisk" and "Gadget Soldier", I send you to the card Graveyard! ["Obelisk the Tormentor" and "Gadget Soldier" disappear from the field as Kaiba sacrifices them]
- Ishizu (thinking): [petrified] But how could my Millenium Necklace have been wrong?
- Kaiba: You're so quiet, Ishizu. Where's your magic now? Or have you realised that there's no such thing as destiny?! Now observe as I summon my "Blue-Eyes"! [summons his "Blue-Eyes White Dragon"] Show yourself! ["Blue-Eyes White Dragon" materialises on Kaiba's side of the field in Attack Mode]
- Ishizu: So somehow Kaiba was able to change the future, by summoning his "Blue-Eyes White Dragon"!
- Yami Marik: But how? What did he see?!
- Ishizu (thinking): Something from Kaiba's past must have awakened inside him. For he was the ancient keeper of the "Blue-Eyes".
- Kaiba: Ishizu, if you could foresee all my moves, how did "Blue-Eyes" surprise you? Unless of course, you're nothing but a fake, as I suspected!
- Ishizu (thinking): [smiling] Soon he shall see the truth.
- Kaiba: Time to finish you off now! "Blue-Eyes White Dragon", attack! Wipe out her Life Points, with White Lightning Attack! Farewell.
- ["Blue-Eyes White Dragon" attacks Ishizu directly, depleting her Life Points from 1400 to 0, winning Kaiba the Duel]
- Kaiba: Victory is mine. That's it.
The Tomb Keeper's Secret
- Ishizu: There is hope ahead. For where there is evil, there is also good. Marik was good once. He began life as an innocent child like everyone does, but that innocence disappeared, leaving my brother to walk a path of pure darkness. I remember when this evil was born.
- Ishizu: I knew I had a grave mistake. As keepers of the Pharaoh's tomb, we were forbidden to see the world, and I was beginning to understand why. I was about to pay the price for my actions. I exposed Marik to a world he should never have seen. And this caused Marik to reject our family, and his evil side grew.
Showdown in the Shadows: Marik vs. Bakura, Part 1
- Marik: Just stand back and do as I say!
- Yami Bakura: Silence! There's business to discuss first. I'll help you to reclaim your body but I have a price!
- Marik: Very well then. If we win the duel, I'll give you the Millennium Rod.
- Yami Bakura: Sorry, Marik. That's our old deal. Now I need more. What's that I heard about you seeking the power of the Pharaoh? Is there a magic stronger than that of the seven Millennium Items that you haven't told me about? I want to know what secrets you're keeping from me, Marik. Tell me everything and we have a deal.
- Marik: If we win, I'll tell you all.
- Yami Bakura: Then let's begin. I don't trust you at all but this time I know you need me.
- Marik: Then let's duel!
- Yami Bakura: You heard your better half, you fiend. Now prepare for a one-way trip to the Shadow Realm! [laughs]
- Yami Marik: Seems you're a bit confused. I'm going to bring the darkness of the Shadow Realm right here so it can consume you piece by piece! [laughs] Blackness, surrounded us! Prepare for a battle like no other! For in this duel, the eternal darkness of the Shadow Realm will slowly devour the loser as his life points diminish!
- Yami Bakura: What do you mean?
- Yami Marik: Just wait and see.
- Yami Bakura: Very well. Let's duel! [Duel commences] And now, let the destruction commence! [draws] I see the cards in my deck are already showing you no mercy.
- Yami Marik: Mercy is for the weak, like you, my friend!
- Yami Bakura: First off, I'll place this facedown. Then, I shall summon the terrifying Goblin Zombie in attack mode! Are you scared yet?
- Yami Marik: Ha! Scared of that? No! [draws] I'll place a card facedown, and summon Drillago! Attack him NOW!
- Yami Bakura: Fool! You've activated my trap card, "Fearful Earthbound"!
- Yami Marik: NO!
- Yami Bakura: Yes, you're first mistake! Your first of many!
- Yami Marik: What the point of this?!
- Yami Bakura: I knew you wouldn't be able to resist attacking my zombie, and now, I'm going to punish you for your fatal error by weakening your life points!
- Yami Bakura: Sounds to me like you didn't draw what you needed. Fortunately, I can give you one more chance at it. That is, if you don't mind my help. Open Facedown card, "Multiple Destruction"!
- Yami Marik: What does that do?
- Yami Bakura: My trap card forces both players to discard their hands to the graveyard, then let's us draw five new cards from our decks. Of course, there is a downside to playing this card. The duelist who uses it loses 100 life points for each card he throws away.
- Yami Marik: Is this a trick?! Why is he destroying himself?!
- Yami Bakura: Who's stalling now? It's your move.
- Yami Marik: Still no Winged Dragon! I failed again!
Showdown in the Shadows: Marik vs. Bakura, Part 2
Yami Marik: Get ready to enter the darkness at the hands of Ra!
- Yami Bakura: Don't you realize that I am the darkness!?
- Yami Marik: [Chuckles] What's that supposed to mean?
- Yami Bakura: It's quite simple. It means I can't be destroyed! You haven't seen the last of me! [laughs evilly while his body disappears into the Shadow Realm, leaving only the Millenium Ring behind, which falls to the ground]
Season Three: Enter the Shadow Realm
Isolated in Cyberspace
- Pharaoh Yugi: Listen, Gansley, you and your partners won’t succeed in trapping my friends here. Mark my words!
- Gansley: Really? That’s if you can keep up with the new rules.
- Pharaoh Yugi: Just try me.
- Pharaoh Yugi: All right, let’s begin this duel.
- Gansley: How quickly we forget. You still have to choose your Deck Master. Each monster card its own Deck Master ability under our new system. Of course, I won’t tell you what those abilities are. You’ll have to figure that out for yourself.
- Yugi: What card should I choose to be my Deck Master? Without knowing all the new rules, it’s hard to say. Well, my Dark Magician’s never let me down!
- [As Yugi is about to choose Dark Magician to be his Deck Master, Kuriboh pops out]
- Pharaoh Yugi: Kuriboh?
- Gansley: Interesting choice.
- Pharaoh Yugi: Hold on, I didn’t choose him!
- Gansley: Sorry, the rules state once a Deck Master is chosen, it cannot be changed.
- Pharaoh Yugi: Great. I didn’t choose you, but now we must win this together. Kuriboh is now my Deck Master!
- Gansley: Suit yourself. As you know, I’ve chosen Deepsea Warrior. He’s powerful and ruthless, like me. But enough chatting...let’s get down to business!
Freeze Play, Part 1
Freeze Play, Part 2
- Crump: Sudden'y, I'm in the mood for a cold ice glass tea!
- Téa: You are weird little bird, Crump. (thinking) And I’m in the mood for a barbecue. [draws] What's this? Maha Vailo? No, he's not powerful enough! There's no way he'll beat Flying Penguin!
- Dark Magician Girl: Téa, don't give up so fast. He has a secret skill that can help you.
- Téa: Huh? What kind of a skill? Hold on, I remember this! Yugi once told me about this card.
- Yugi: You wanna know which card is most like me?
- Téa: Wait, I know. Well, I think I know. It's that purple guy with the big hat, right?
- Yugi: Uh, big hat? Oh, you mean my Dark Magician card. Well, even though it's pretty great, I don't think it's the card that's most like me. Okay. Ah. [shows her Maha Vailo] This is the one. Pretty cool, right?
- Téa: Maha Vailo?
- Yugi: He may not be as strong as the Dark Magician, well. not when you first look at him anyway. But if you look closer you'll see a hidden power deep inside.
- [Flashback ends]
- Téa: (thinking) Of course! It's hidden strength! I'm not done yet! Now, I summon Maha Vailo in attack mode! [summons Maha Vailo in attack position]
- Crump: That's weak!
- Téa: Wait, I'm not done! Check this out! I activate Magic Formula, raising my monster's attack points by 500! [Maha Vailo's attack points increase from 1550 to 2050]
- Crump: You must've failed all of your math forces, kid, because it's still too short on attack points to defeat my Flying Penguin!
- Téa: I guess you don't know about Maha Vailo's hidden power. He gets 500 extra attack points for each one of my magic cards! [Maha Vailo's attack points increase again from 2050 to 2550]
- Crump: No fair!
- Téa: Oh, it's fair! Go, Maha Vailo! Attack his Flying Penguin with Sacred Lightning! Add this up, Crump!
Courtroom Chaos, Part 1
- Johnson: On behalf of myself and the Big Five, I want to offer your our most sincere apologies, Noah.
- Noah: Johnson, please.
- Johnson: Let me explain!
- Noah: There's nothing to explain! You five failed me for the last time! Now you're all fired!
- Johnson: Just hear me out, sir.
- Noah: Your slick lawyer talk won't get you out of this one, Johnson, so don't even try it. So far your partners Gansley and Crump each suffered an embarrassing defeat. So why should I believe the rest of you won't fail? I have no choice, Johnson. I must dispose of you all!
- Johnson: Please, Noah! Don't do it! We've analyzed our attack patterns and we come up with a solid dueling strategy that is guaranteed to bring success, sir! Understand our position. The Big Five are desperate to defeat these brats. It's the only way we can take over their bodies and leave the cyber world behind! We can't let them win!
- Noah: Very well. I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself. Don't let me down.
- Johnson: You won't be sorry.
- Noah: No. 'Cause if they fail me again, he will be the sorry one. Their failures are a reflection of me. And I can't allow Yugi and his friends to make me look like a failure.
- Johnson: Objection. Before we begin, you have to choose a monster from your deck to serve as your Deck Master.
- Joey: Whatever. [looks through his cards] This shouldn’t be too hard. Folks, we have a winner! So, meet my Deck Master, Flame Swordsman! As long as this guy’s standing next to me, judge, there’s no way I can possibly lose this duel!
- Flame Swordsman: You have my word as your Deck Master that I will serve you well and guide you through this duel.
- Joey: Awesome! He talks!
- Flame Swordsman: I assure you we shall defeat our opponent.
- [Duel between Joey and Johnson begins]
- Johnson: Since we’re in my courtroom, I’ll begin this duel. Watch and learn. Now, I call Hysteric Angel to the stand. [summons Hysteric Angel in attack mode] She’ll make sure you the maximum sentence.
- Joey: [annoyingly unimpressed] That is the most annoying monster I have ever seen! She looks just like you do, Johnson!
- Johnson: I summon Curain of the Dark Ones. Now, I reveal my facedown card-- activate "Polymerization" to fuse together my Mystical Elf and my Curtain of the Dark Ones. [fuses Mystical Elf and Curtain of the Dark Ones together to fusion summon Kamionwizard]
- Joey: Whatever monster he’s creating will get sucked right into my "Bottomless Trap Hole"!
- Johnson: Meet Kamionwizard!
Courtroom Chaos, Part 2
- Johnson: First, I play my "Reinforcement of the Army" magic card, allowing me to add a warrior to my hand. [selects Armaill from his deck] Then, I’ll use "Polymerization". Now I Joseph, to fuse together my Armaill warrior and my One-Eyed Shield Dragon. [activates Polymerization to fuse Armaill and One-Eyed Shield Dragon together to fusion summon Dragoness the Wicked Knight in attack mode] Meet Dragoness the Wicked Knight!
- Joey: Wow. Big deal, Johnson. Your monster looks weak to me!
Merger of the Big Five, Part 1
- Yugi: Look guys, up there!
- Téa: Tristan!
- Joey: That’s not Tristan, remember?
- Duke: It’s the techno geek of the Big Five, Nezbitt, even though he kicked his nerdy butt in that duel, he still took Tristan’s body!
- [Gansley laughs]
- Nezbitt: I’m not alone in here.
- Crump: Today’s special is-- five for one!
- Johnson: And the verdict is in.
- Leichter: Our combined force will destroy you!
- [Big 5’s deck masters appear]
- Téa: They’re all using Tristan’s body!
- Yugi: Give him back!
- Gansley: Now, let’s duel, Yugi!
- Yugi: You five are on!
- [Pharaoh’s spirit takes over]
- Pharaoh Yugi: Let’s do this... for Tristan!
- Joey: Hold it right there! Your man’s a little off if you get in my drift. Five on one’s are even, so count me in!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Are you sure?
- Joey: Yeah. No question. The two of us are a team, Yugi. Now, let’s waste these five suits!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Yes, and together, we’ll save Tristan.
- Johnson: Fine, Yugi. Five on two.
Merger of the Big Five, Part 2
- Johnson: Proceed, your honor. Prosecute all of their monsters to the full extent of the law!
- Pharaoh: First, I’ll remove my Buster Blader from the game in order to summon, The Rock Spirit! But that’s not all, Johnson! Next, I sacrifice my Spirit to summon this, Des Voltsgalph! [removes his Buster Blader from the game to summon The Rock Spirit and sacrifices it to summon Des Voltsgalph in attack mode]
Merger of the Big Five, Part 3
- Leichter: My five Deck Masters, come forth! I call you all to the field! First, the unstoppable Jinzo!
- Gansley: Then, I summon the almighty Deepsea Warrior!
- Crump: Followed by the cunning Nightmare Penguin!
- Johnson: Next, I'll call Judge Man to the stand.
- Nezbitt: And finally, I'll summon the superior Robotic Knight.
- Leichter: Now listen to me, my five Deck Masters. I command all of you to join together to form a creature of unparalleled strength and supreme power! Behold, the ultimate monster, my Five-Headed Dragon!
- Pharaoh Yugi: We've faced this beast, before!
- Joey: I know! How could I forget?! It was the last time we fought the Cyber Creeps! That super dragon took out my monster, and me with it! Let's just hope my luck is better than it was last time.
- Pharaoh Yugi: Well, the good news it, Leichter's dragon can't attack until his next turn.
- Joey: That's a relief. We have one turn to stop it.
- Leichter: Hold on, I forgot to mention... my dragon destroys every one of your magic, trap and monster cards as soon as it's summoned!
- Leichter: Hey! What's going on?!
- Noah: Breaking my rules again, are we?
- Leichter: Noah!
- Noah: You five fools have failed me for the last time!!
- [The Big Five scream as they disappear]
- Téa: What's happening?
- Joey: They disappeared!
Settling the Score, Part 1
Settling the Score, Part 2
Brothers in Arms, Part 1
- Kaiba: You expect me to believe that? Noah, please. The only thing more ridiculous than that story is you outdueling me!
- Noah: Then let’s go. What better way to prove my power over you, than by defeating you at your own pathetic game, Seto?
- Kaiba: I'VE HEARD ENOUGH! Is that clear?! I rebuilt KaibaCorp from the ground on my own terms with no help at all! That company is what it is because of me! No one else could run it! Especially not some kid!
- Noah: Really?!
- Kaiba: I’ll show you real power! Let’s go!
- Noah: All right. Then choose your cards, Seto.
- Kaiba: I already have! And I’ve already chosen my deck master. Say hello to my friend, Kaiser Seahorse!
- Noah: You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for this, Seto. Time to lose it all!
- Kaiba & Noah: Let’s duel!
- Kaiba: You’ll never get away with this, Noah! I’d rather see my company crumble to the ground then fall into your grubby little hands! KaibaCorp is mine! You got that, punk?!
- Noah: You stole it! I’m just taking back what belongs to me!
- Kaiba: Keep dreaming, kid.
Brothers in Arms, Part 2
- Noah: So, you think I'm insane for wanting to claim what's rightfully mine?
- Kaiba: No, I think you're insane for trapping me in a virtual computer program and forcing me to duel you! Just to prove to your daddy that you're not the failure he thinks you are!! Well, I'm here to prove that you are!!
- Kaiba: Kaiba Corp is mine 'cause I earned it!! And if you think you can take it all away, just by winning one duel, proves what I thought about you from the start.
- Noah: And what's that?
- Kaiba: You're nuts!! You must have spent one too many years trapped in that bubble in the sky, Noah. I'm more fit to run that company than you'll ever be!! And deep down your father always knew that.
Brothers in Arms, Part 3
- Kaiba: Noah, I'm only gonna say this once: Release Mokuba now! This is our fight! Is that clear? He has nothing to do with this!
- Noah: There you go disrespecting Mokuba again, acting like his opinion doesn't matter. Tell him, Mokie.
- Joey: Kaiba! Oh man.
- Yugi: They're statues! It can't be!
- (His anger allows the spirit of the Pharaoh to take over)
- Pharaoh: Noah, you think this proves you're the best!? I think it shows your father that you're a coward!
- Noah: What are you talking about Yugi? I defeated Seto in this duel fair and square!
- Pharaoh: Guess again, Noah! You think kidnapping Mokuba and using him as a shield is fair?!!
- Noah: You think I cheated?!
- Pharaoh: I think you’re guilty of the same foul play you once scolded the Big Five for! Something you said your father would never allow! Kaiba could’ve easily defeated you, Noah! But he choose the safety of his little brother over his victory. And that makes Kaiba a stronger person than you will ever be! All you’ve proven here today is that you’re a weak little boy who needs to cheat to get his way. And as far as I’m concerned, you didn’t win this duel! But I have a proposition for you. Kaiba has 400 Life Points left! Let me take his place, so we can finish this duel fair and square!
- Noah: That could be the most foolish thing I’ve ever heard!
Noah's Final Threat, Part 1
- Noah: I activate my Next World magic card! Take a close look at this magic carpet, Yugi. You may recognize someone.
- [Noah’s Next World magic carpet reveals the Pharaoh’s Dark Magician]
- Pharaoh: My Dark Magician! What’s going on here?
- Noah: It chooses one of your monsters that allows me to summon one with the same level of stars! So I choose this, Yamata Dragon! [summons Yamata Dragon in attack mode]
- Pharaoh: You’re nothing but a child. Six years may have passed, but I’m afraid you haven’t matured at all. You’re a weak boy!
- Noah: I am strong!
- Pharaoh: Well, not strong enough! Just look.
- Joey: Come on! You can still beat this lame-o!
- Téa: That’s right, so don’t you even think about giving up this fight, Yugi!
- Noah: This can’t be! They still have faith!
- Pharaoh: Noah! You wouldn’t be so surprised if you had been given the chance to experience true friendship! You’re just bitter!
- Noah: The only thing I need to know about friendship is HOW TO DESTROY IT!
Noah's Final Threat, Part 2
- Pharaoh Yugi: You have nothing to defend you! So your Life Points are WIDE open! And it's about time I turn this duel around! So stand back, Noah! [draws] Just what I needed! All right, prepare to release me and my friends from your twisted game, for I activate: "Dark Magic Ritual!" This magic card allows me to summon a dark magical creature once I make a sacrifice! So, I'll sacrifice this card, my all-powerful Valkyrion the Magna Warrior! Valkyrion, be gone! Now I shall summon my third magician! THE MAGICIAN OF BLACK CHAOS!
- Noah: Oh, no!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Oh, yes! This monster completes my trio of magical beasts that will combine forces to take you down! When added together, Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, and Magician of Black Chaos, have over 7000 attack points, almost enough to WIPE YOU OUT!
- Téa: He's got three dark magicians?
- Joey: That's right, but he never had 'em all on the field at once! This is the break Yugi needed!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Noah, this is for my friends! Combine forces my magicians, and STRIKE HIS LIFE POINTS DIRECTLY!!
So Close, Yet So Far
- Pharaoh Yugi: You’ve been defeated, Noah, not just by me, but by all of us, for it was only with the support of my friends that I was able to win this duel. And the more you tried to destroy that friendship, the stronger it grew.
- Noah: [falls on his knees in defeat; moaning] This isn’t how it was supposed to happen at all.
- Joey: Now what!?
- Gozaboro: YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME, NOAH!
- Kaiba: That voice! It can't be!
- Noah: Father, no! Give me another chance!
- Gozaboro: TOO LATE FOR THAT!!
- Kaiba: You snake!
- Gozaboro: I can't believe that you had the nerve to call me a snake! I was the most powerful human being on the entire planet before you came along and stole that power away from me, Seto! Don't you realize that I treated you better than I even treated my own son?
- Kaiba: Thanks...for nothing! And I'll make sure you never regain your power!
- Gozaboro: You're too late!
Burying the Past Part 1
- Gozaboro: (Chuckles evilly) Well, someone's feeling a bit anxious. So feast your eyes on my cards. I have a strong feeling you've encountered them before! Take a close look. Do these five cards seem familiar to you??
- Kaiba: It can't be!! Not those cards!! IT'S THE FIVE PIECES OF EXODIA THE FORBIDDEN ONE!!
- Noah: He's lied to me for the last time!
Burying the Past Part 2
- Kaiba: Well, it looks like you have failed again. So, I guess there's one thing left to do.
- Gozaboro: Yes! I guess there is! Escape from this place!
Back to Battle City
The Darkness Returns, Part 1
- Yami Marik: Our shadow game awaits. I hope you're prepared to be swallowed up by the darkness!
- Joey: Keep dreaming, psycho!
- Kaiba: At last, I can defeat Yugi and reclaim my glory.
- Yugi: I have to crush Kaiba to get to Marik! It's the only way I can save the world from destruction!
- Joey: I gotta keep my cool, Kaiba's just playing mind games. I have to ignore him, and for us on taking down Marik. It'll be tough, but I didn't get where I am by taking it easy. I crushed some of the strongest duelists around to get to the Battle City finals. Besides, this is about more than just winning a duel, it's about keeping a promise to a friend!
- Yami Marik: The time has come to take this duel to the next level!
- Joey: Next level? I know where this is going.
- [Shadow Game blackness appears and surrounds the Duel]
- Yugi: I was afraid Marik would do this!
- Tristan: Come on! AGAIN?!?
- Teá: [worried] Joey!
- Pharaoh Yugi: This duel's now-- a shadow game!
- Joey: Show some originality, Marik!
- Yami Marik: The shadow's hunger for your mind, and your soul!
- Joey: You don't scare me!
The Darkness Returns, Part 2
- Yami-Marik: First, I’ll place this card facedown on the field. And then, I’ll activate this; "Premature Burial!" This allows me to summon any monster that resides in the graveyard!
- Joey: What are you bringin’ back?!
- Yami-Marik: Once I give up 800 of my Life Points, I shall revive Drillago from my card graveyard! But there’s still more! Next I’ll sacrifice Drillago, so I can bring forth this card! [sacrifices Drillago to summon Legendary Fiend in attack mode]
- Joey: [horrified] What is that?!
- Yami-Marik: I’ve summoned an unstoppable creature known as Legendary Fiend!
- Joey: Wait, he’s only got 1500 attack points!
- Yami-Marik: You should know that things aren’t always what they appear to be!
- Yami-Marik: My move! [draws "Lava Golem"] Just what I needed! I'm about to call forth an extremely powerful beast! It's an eight-star monster known as Lava Golem!
- Joey: Slow down there cowboy! You can't play a monster that strong without making a sacrifice first!
- Yami-Marik: How perceptive of you! I have every intention of making a sacrifice! Lava Golem allows me to sacrifice two monsters on your side of the field!
- Joey: You're kidding me!
- Yami-Marik: Look on the bright side. I said Lava Golem stays on your side of the field!
- [Lava Golem appears behind Joey as he's in a cage, destroying two of his monsters]
- Joey: Marik! What's the deal?!
- Yami-Marik: What's wrong? I thought you'd be pleased to receive a monster with 3000 attack points, little Joey!
- Joey: You mean, this thing is mine now?
- Yugi: That monster may belong to Joey now, but it comes with a price!
The Darkness Returns, Part 3
The Darkness Returns, Part 4
- Marik: There goes another soul into the dark abyss of the shadows.
- Roland: The next duel will begin in one hour! Yugi Muto will face Mr. Kaiba! The winner will duel Marik in the final round.
- Kaiba: I've been waiting for this moment, Yugi! Victory will be mine!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Right now, Joey needs me. Once I know he's alright, I'll deal with you, Kaiba.
- Kaiba: I'll see you in one hour. And I'll take you down, once and for all.
- Kaiba: (in his mind; regarding the Dueling performance he saw Joey exhibit) I must admit, Wheeler's performance today was quite impressive. Perhaps he's not the third rate amateur I thought he was.
- Ishizu: It's all right, Serenity.
- Serenity (in tears): I just want my brother back!
- Ishizu (thinking): I understand. Both of our brothers must now battle the darkness.
Clash in the Coliseum, Part 1
- Kaiba: So, why didn’t the nerd herd show up to cheer you on? Are they too busy trying to wake Wheeler up from his nap?
- Pharaoh Yugi: Joey is in a great deal of danger, now. More than you could ever know.
- Kaiba: Wheeler shouldn't have been here in the first place. I warned him not to play with the big boys, and if you ask me, he got just what he deserved; A slap in the face by Ra! And if getting attacked by an Egyptian God card didn't knock any sense into that kid, then nothing will.
- Pharaoh Yugi: [clenching his fist] That's enough, Kaiba! You have no idea how dangerous this Duel Monsters tournament of yours has become. The outcome of the Battle City finals could put the whole world at risk!
- Kaiba: The only one at risk is you! For once I win, you won't be number one!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Kaiba, it’s not always about being number one. It’s about dueling with bravery, honor and respect! And most importantly, putting the needs of others ahead of your own! And that’s something Joey Wheeler did every day of his life! The reason he’s in that hospital bed, is because he put himself in harm’s way, just to keep a promise to a friend!
- Kaiba: Pathetic. Listen, Wheeler can do whatever he wants, but I'm in this thing for one reason only! And that's to win the tournament and be recognized as the greatest duelist in the world! So why don't you save your Girl Scout speech for someone who actually cares. As far as I'm concerned, Wheeler never really belonged here in the first place.
- Yugi: This is it! I have to win this duel. For the sake of Joey, and the entire world!
- Kaiba: Every duel I’ve fought in this tournament has led up to this moment. The moment I finally take down Yugi Muto, and regain my top dueling status!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Here we go!
- Kaiba: All right! Let’s duel!
- Pharaoh Yugi: I summon this - Queen’s Knight in defense mode! [summons Queen’s Knight in defense mode] Then I’ll place one card facedown. And that’s all.
- Kaiba: Yeah, whatever. [draws Obelisk] I’ve drawn my Egyptian God card on my first turn! Crushing Yugi may be easier than I thought. All I have to do now is sacrifice three monsters!
Clash in the Coliseum, Part 2
- Kaiba: Yugi, are you gonna stand there contemplating your next move all day?! I’m getting bored, and so are my fans!
Clash in the Coliseum, Part 3
Clash in the Coliseum, Part 4
Clash in the Coliseum, Part 5
- Kaiba: Red-Eyes Black Dragon?!? Where did that come from?!
- Pharaoh Yugi: If you recall, you used your Flute of Summoning Dragon to summon your Blue-Eyes to the field, but you may have forgotten that your flute works on my hand, as well! So, I owe you a thank you, for bringing out this card, which is a gift from a very close friend of mine, Kaiba!
Clash in the Coliseum, Part 6
- Kaiba: Face it, Yugi, your reign is over!
- Pharaoh Yugi: You never cease to amaze me.
- Kaiba: Why? Are you astounded by my superior dueling skills, Yugi?
- Pharaoh Yugi: Not quite. It's your complete stubbornness and your lust for power that I fight so puzzling, Kaiba!
- Kaiba: Why's that?
- Pharaoh Yugi: IT HOLDS YOU BACK, that's why! You'll never defeat me with a heart full of hatred and mistrust!
- Kaiba: Ha! You're just trying to distract me because you're scared of losing!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Why don't I let my actions speak for me? Reveal facedown card! My "Double Spell" magic card!
- Kaiba: Oh, no! Not "Double Spell"!
- Pharaoh Yugi: That's right, this card duplicates the effects of every magic card you used on your last turn, Kaiba! That includes "Monster Reborn" and "Polymerization"! So first, I'll use "Monster Reborn" to bring Buster Blader back from the graveyard. Now, I'll use "Polymerization", fusing my Dark Magician with my Buster Blader! [fuses Dark Magician and Buster Blader to form Dark Paladin]
- Kaiba: Fuse whatever you want, my Ultimate Dragon is still stronger! Your magic card didn't help you at all!
- Pharaoh Yugi: You're wrong, Kaiba, for my new fusion monster carries within every one of Buster Blader's special abilities! That means its attack strength increases by 500 points for every dragon on the field, that includes your Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon as well as my Red-Eyes Black Dragon! Now, behold the power of Dark Paladin, the ultimate magical swordsman!
- Kaiba: Good move, Yugi, but not good enough. Sorry. Look closer.
- Pharaoh Yugi: What's your point, Kaiba?
- Kaiba: Your monster may be powerful, but it's still 600 attack points weaker than mine!
- Pharaoh Yugi: We shall see.
- Kaiba: I win!
- Pharaoh Yugi: I wouldn't be so sure of that. Remember, I still have one facedown card left. Kaiba, you're done!
- Kaiba: You LIE!
- Pharaoh Yugi: As you will soon see, I've been destined to defeat you for 5,000 years!
- Kaiba: Enough! My Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon cannot be stopped, Yugi!
- Pharaoh Yugi: I'm afraid you're wrong! But I'll let my card speak for itself! So I play this, my "De-Fusion" card! This magic card splits up your Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon into the three original dragons you fused to form it, thus stopping your attack!
- Kaiba: No! I need my Ultimate Dragon to win the duel! This can't be happening!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Now, Kaiba, you have three dragons on the field instead of one! And since my Dark Paladin receives 500 attack points for every dragon on the field, he's now the strongest monster in play! Now it's time for my final move!
- Kaiba: Just go.
- Pharaoh Yugi: With pleasure, Kaiba! All right, the card in my hand will conquer the darkness that now surrounds your heart! So I play my final magic card, "Diffusion Wave Motion"! You're finished! All I have to do is give up 1,000 life points and this magic card will inhance the attack capabilities of my Dark Paladin! Now my monster can attack all three of your Blue-Eyes White Dragons at once!
- Kaiba: His Dark Paladin has enough power to wipe out my dragons AND my life points!!
- Pharaoh Yugi: This duel is over!
- Kaiba: Yugi, I will not be defeated at my own tournament!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Kaiba, you're too late! Dark Paladin, ATTACK!! You lose, Kaiba!
Battle for the Bronze, Part 1
- Pharaoh-Yugi: You we’re doomed from the start. Fueled by your anger, your hate, your jealousy, your rage, and lastly, the denial of your past! I, on the other hand, was fueled by faith, faith in destiny, and in my friends! That’s how I won!
- Pharaoh-Yugi: Kaiba, I didn’t crush you on my own, Joey and I did it together, using the card he gave me. Red-Eyes is no ordinary card. Its strength comes from the bond of my friendship with Joey. That means I never duel alone, Kaiba.
- Joey: That’s right.
- Kaiba: [fueling up lividly] You never duel alone?! WAKE UP! Don’t you realize that every single of us is alone in this world, Yugi?! Look at me! I’ve never had to ask for anyone’s help!
- Pharaoh-Yugi: That's not true. I've helped Kaiba plenty of times before and he's helped me, too! In fact, I wouldn't be the duelist I am today if he hadn't pushed me to be my best. He may be one of my toughest rivals, but I also consider him a friend. Deep down, I bet Kaiba feels the same way about me, he's just too caught up in his need for power to realize it! You don't consider anyone your friend, Kaiba?
- Kaiba: Friendship is for fools. Didn't I tell you I duel alone?! Depending on others is for the weak, Yugi. My future is in my own two hands. So keep your friendships to yourself! I'm not interested in having any pals to slow me down.
- Pharaoh-Yugi: How sad.
- Kaiba: I'll destroy you even without my Egyptian God card, Wheeler!
- Joey: Take your best shot, Kaiba!
- Kaiba: Trust me, it won't take my best to defeat and amateur like you.
- Joey: Then take your worst shot for all I care, tough guy! All right, let's do this! I got a duel to win!
- [After Joey sends each one of his powerful monsters from his deck to his graveyard by Kaiba's "Shrink" and "Crush Card" combination, the same move he did while dueling Ishizu]
- Joey: Thanks a lot!
- Kaiba: A weak duelist should have weak monsters, right? I told you you couldn't handle an opponent like me.
- Joey: Zip it!
- Kaiba: Why don't you just admit it over your head, Wheeler, and leave now before you hurt yourself?
- Joey: Forget it, pal! This duel just started and I got strategies you never dreamed of!
- Kaiba: Don't you know when it's time to quit? My move. Now, since you have monsters to protect you...well, you figure it out. I summon La Jinn! Meet the mystical genie of the lamp! [summons La Jinn in attack mode]
Battle for the Bronze, Part 2
The Final Face-off, Part 1
- Yami Marik: Meet my next victim!
- Pharaoh: Yugi!
- Yami Marik: Do you understand what's at stake here!? Lose the duel and Yugi goes to the Shadow Realm!
- Pharaoh: Marik, this is about you and me, so leave him alone!!
- Yami Marik: Not true. You're forgetting my weaker half. He's involved in this conflict as well, so if I lose the shadows will take him!
- Pharaoh: No, you can't!
- Yami Marik: I just did! The Shadow Realm will claim an innocent soul no matter who wins! Now let's duel!
- Marik: You probably realized this, but my leech can attack instantly! And that's not all!!
- (Yugi groans in pain as small parts of his body fade away into the shadows)
- Pharaoh: Yugi!! What have you done, Marik?!!
- Marik: When you lose life points, your friend will lose a piece of himself to the darkness, and the same rule applies to my former self. The shadows will claim an innocent soul, no matter who wins.
- Pharaoh: You will pay for what you've done!!
- Marik: I disagree! It's you who shall pay!! (thinking) He may not realize this, but when Yugi's body is consumed by the darkness, the Pharaoh will cease to exist in this world. For without a body, he's nothing but a wandering spirit.
The Final Face-off, Part 2
- Pharaoh Yugi: All right, let the duel continue! I reveal... my magic card!
- Yami Marik: Oh no, not "Multiply"!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Yes. This card allows me to increase the number of metal fiend tokens I have on the field from one...to three!
- Yami Marik: Oh no! He's going to sacrifice them!
- Kaiba: Well, looks like Yugi did it. He figured out how to make the most of my magic card.
- Ishizu: Is the Pharaoh about to summon his second Egyptian God card?
- Pharaoh Yugi: I sacrifice my three metal fiend tokens... to play this, OBELISK THE TORMENTOR!!! [sacrifices his metal tokens to summon Obelisk] Behold, the Egyptian God card I won from Kaiba! Summoned with the help of two of my friends. Stare into the face of defeat, Marik!
- Tristan: This is awesome!
- Duke: Obelisk will crush Marik!
- Tea: I knew Yugi would turn things around!
- Joey: Hey get a load of Marik, guys! He's so scared his hair's standing up! Oh wait, he always looks like that!
- Yami Marik: How could I let him do this?
- Pharaoh Yugi: All right, my Egyptian God monster, attack Marik's Life Points now!
- Yami Marik: I will not be destroyed!!
The Final Face-off, Part 3
The Final Face-off, Part 4
One for the Road
Moving Back and Moving Ahead
Season Four: Waking the Dragons
A New Evil, Part 1
A New Evil, Part 2
Legend of the Dragons
- Joey: Now why does all these weird stuff always happen to us? [Yugi is silent] You've gotta admit, it's true.
- [Rebecca runs up to meet Yugi]
- Rebecca: Yugi! [Hugs Yugi]
- Yugi: [Very surprised] Uh, hey....you!
- Rebecca: Oh no, don't tell me you forgot about me already!
- Tristan: Yet another weird event to add to the list.
- Joey: And this one tops them all.
- Tristan: It's probably best if we don't interfere!
- Tea: [Leaning towards Yugi] Do you know this person, Yugi?
- Yugi: Um, I don't think so.
- Rebecca: Maybe this will refresh your memory! [Holds up a card]
- Yugi: [After flashback] Ah, Rebecca!
- Joey: It's that brat!
- Rebecca: Hi! [Big smile; waves her hand]
- Joey: Wait, she looks different. Did she get a haircut or something?
- Tristan: No dude, she traded her teddy bear for glasses.
- Rebecca: [Hugs Yugi] I don't need a bear... now that I've got a boyfriend to protect me!
- Tea: Um, excuse me? A boyfriend!?
- Rebecca: [Another hug] My grandpa is also really excited to see you Yugi!
- Yugi: Professor Hawkins?
- Rebecca: Yeah, he's waiting at the Museum.
- Tea: Grrr... [Anime vein throb]
- Rafael: We located the Pharaoh, Master. Unfortunately, we weren't able to capture his soul.
- Dartz: I didn't expect you to defeat him this soon. We've just begun.
- Rafael: But you know me, Master. I never come back empty handed. [walks forward with a small wooden box, and opens it to reveal the three Egyptian God Cards inside]
- Dartz: Excellent, the Egyptian Gods. [reaches out and takes the three cards in his hand] At long last. I've waited an eternity to hold their power in my hands. [the cards begin glowing] I finally possess the supreme force necessary to awaken the Great Beast! [walks to the altar at the far end of the temple] Soon we shall rid the Earth of mankind, and rebuild civilization as it once was! [places the Egyptian God Cards in the mouths of three huge stone serpents, with Ra in the middle, Slifer on the right and Obelisk on the left] Serpents of the Orichalcos, please hear my call! [raises his hands in worship] I offer thee the Gods of Egypt! Use their divine might to unlock the sacred chamber of the Great Beast! Awaken him from his ancient slumber by accepting my offering!
- [Dartz laughs evilly as the three cards emanate a powerful beam of energy, which then shoots up past the temple roof and into the sky, culminating in an explosion of white light which clears to reveal an array of multicoloured lights floating in the sky]
- Dartz: The time has arrived, my friends. Finally, after ten thousand years, the Great Leviathan shall rise again!
The Creator Returns
- Dartz: Rafael!
- Rafael: Yes, Master Dartz. [kneels before Dartz] I know what to do. I'll find the Pharaoh. And this time, I'll make sure we drain his power to feed the Great Beast, sir.
- Dartz: Why don't you try listening? It's really a wonderful skill. [turns around] And when you master it, you'll realise that we need more than just the Pharaoh's soul!
- Alister: Then we'll deal with the others too. I'll take Kaiba.
- Valon: I got my eye on someone too. That feisty little bloke Joey Wheeler. [laughs] He should be fun to take apart.
- Alister: I know why you're after Wheeler.
- Valon: Mind your own business, Alister! What about you? Why the sudden interest in Kaiba?
- Alister: Look, I have my reasons, Valon.
- Valon: Really?!
- Rafael: Knock it off! We're in the presence of Master Dartz!
- Dartz: The Pharaoh and his friends are on his way to speak with the one we've been watching. Just make certain that you reach him before they do.
- Rafael: Pegasus?
- Dartz: And to think, I called you a bad listener. Now go see Pegasus at once!
- [Alister and Valon join Rafael in kneeling before Dartz]
An Unexpected Enemy
My Freaky Valentine, Part 1
My Freaky Valentine, Part 2
- Yugi: There is a way for Joey to end this duel without someone getting hurt, isn't there?
- Pharaoh: Yes, but it won't be easy. The Seal of Orichalcos is powerful. However, it does have limitations. It can only capture a soul when a duelist loses, and there it lies the secret to escaping its wrath.
- Yugi: I don't get it.
- Pharaoh: Let's hope Joey does.
- Joey: [thinking, voice-over] This card might do the trick! I guess it's worth a shot. What have I got to lose? I summon The Fiend Megacyber!
- Mai: But that has six stars!
- Joey: That's right! But thanks to its special ability, I can summon it without making a sacrifice as long as you more monsters in play than I do!
My Freaky Valentine, Part 3
Fate of the Pharaoh, Part 1
Fate of the Pharaoh, Part 2
- Yugi: Pharaoh, no!
- The Pharaoh: Let go!
- Yugi: No! You don't know what you're doing!
- Pharaoh: Let go!!
- Yugi: Listen to me!! This card is affecting your mind!!
- Pharaoh: We're going to lose the duel!! Can't you see!!? trust me! It's the only way, Yugi! We must do this! Now let me go!!
- Yugi: Please don't play that card!
- Pharaoh: Now I activate the Seal of Orichalcos!
- Rafael: (thinking) Excellent. So, tell me. How do ya feel?
Fate of the Pharaoh, Part 3
- Rafael: Adios, Your Highness.
- Rafael: The Seal of Oricahlcos never leaves the field without taking something along for the ride. And this time it's you, and you have yourself to blame 'cause you sealed your own fate when you played that card. Now your life-force will awaken the Great Beast.
- (In the far corners of Yugi's subconscious mind)
- Yugi: Not if I can help!! With all the power of the Millennium Puzzle, I break the Seal!!
- Yugi: Pharaoh, I won't let his happen to you!!
- Pharaoh: Yugi, no! What are you doing here!!?
- Yugi: It only needs one of us. So I'm letting the Seal take ME instead.
- Pharaoh: NO!! YUGI!!
- Pharaoh: No, Joey. It's far from alright. I didn't outsmart him. He succeeded. Yugi's gone.
- Joey: I don't get it. How can you be talkin' to us if he took your soul?
- Pharaoh: Not mine!! Yugi's!! IT'S ALL MY FAULT!! YUGI, COME BACK!! IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME, NOT HIM!! IT'S NOT FAIR!!
Trial by Stone
- Tea: How'd it go? Is everything OK?
- Joey: Not quite. We got a problem guys.
- Tea: What do you mean?
- Tristan: Yugi didn't win. He's gone.
- Tea: Wha-
- Tristan: You heard me. Yugi got beat, Tea!
- Tea: You're wrong! If Yugi really lost that duel, those creeps would have taken his soul with their freaky magic card, Tristan!!
- Joey: So what's your point, Tea?
- Tea: My point!? If he's lost how can he be standing right...behind me? Oh no.
- Rebecca: Yugi, talk to me. What's wrong!? Why are you acting so strange!?
- Pharaoh: Rebecca, they got him.
- Rebecca: Got who?
- Pharaoh: Yugi.
- Pharaoh: I know. This whole thing's my fault. I'm the one who unleashed the magic that took Yugi away.
- Rebecca: You knew that card was evil and you still played it!? If you really were a brave pharaoh, you would never have done something like that to poor, little Yugi!!
- Tea: Now hold on.
- Pharaoh: I'm afraid Rebecca's right.
- Joey: What's done is done.
- Pharaoh: I let everyone down. Especially Yugi. He warned me not to play the Seal of Oricalcos card, but my rage took control.
- Rafael: Master, I'll have you know the strongest soul on Earth has been captured.
- Dartz: Ah, yes. The Pharaoh.
- Weevil: Pharaoh?
- Rex: What pharaoh?
- Dartz: Unfortunately, you failed again.
- Valon: That's right. The soul of the Pharaoh's still out there, Rafael.
- Dartz: Now watch and learn. The Pharaoh's spirit inhabits the body of a young man. And what we have here is a clear case of mistaken identity.
- Rex: No way!
- Weevil: Yugi?
- Valon: Instead of the Pharaoh, you got the soul of some kid!
- Rafael: I still don't understand.
- Dartz: Then you need to clean out your ears, your oversized baboon. Both of their spirits inhabit one body! Get it!? You captured the wrong soul!
- Rafael: But how!? I was pretty sure I was dueling the Pharaoh! So the Orichcalos should have sealed him!
- Dartz: Well, apparently you're not as perceptive as you think you are because he got away!!
- Kaiba: [after hearing what happened to Yugi over the phone] YUGI LOST?! Yugi gave up his Duel Monsters crown to some nobody?! No one deserves that title but me!
- Yami Yugi: [calmly] Hold on.
- Kaiba: I don't wanna hear another word! You're a disgrace to the game, Yugi! [hangs up]
On the Wrong Track, Part 1
On the Wrong Track, Part 2
On the Wrong Track, Part 3
Reliving the Past
Deck of Armor
Flight of Fear, Part 1
Flight of Fear, Part 2
Fighting for a Friend, Part 1
Fighting for a Friend, Part 2
Fighting for a Friend, Part 3
Fighting for a Friend, Part 4
Fighting for a Friend, Part 5
- Joey: Congratulations. You win.
- (Collapses from exhaustion)
- Mai: Joey, no!! You're wrong. I never attacked so you didn't lose the duel.
- Joey: But, I'm too exhausted... to finish.
- Mai: I won't let the Orichalcos take you away, Joey.
- Joey: It's too late for that. I already lost the duel, so there's no turnin' back. I'm just glad that if one of us had to lose our soul, it didn't have to be you, Mai.
- Mai: Don't say that.
- Joey: Hey, Mai, that was one of the greatest duels I ever fought. Thank you.
- (His spirit is taken by the Seal, leaving Mai horrified)
- Mai: Joey!! NO!!
- (The fragment of the Orchicalcos on her choker shatters)
- Dartz: She's been set free! Ah! But what's this? It seems miss Valentine has served her purpose.
- (Mai hold Joey's lifeless body, her eyes full of tears)
- Mai: Joey, wait! SNAP OUT OF IT! This is all my fault! I was angry and confused, and I blamed all my loneliness on you! So I tried to get rid of you. How can I be so selfish? You're not the only one who cared about me. You are the closest friend I ever had, and how did I repay you? By leaving you for a madman who promised me power. I'll make him regret the day he ever met Mai Valentine!!
Grappling with a Guardian, Part 1
- Rafael: As we speak, the most devastating creature that ever lived is waiting to rise again. All it needs now is your soul, and the Sacred Seal of Orichalcos will take care of that once I take you down. Of course, I already defeated you once, but somehow you were able to cheat me by switching places with someone else. [Flashes back to their last duel as the Seal took Yugi] Don't even think about trying to pull a stunt like that gain, Pharaoh. I don't appreciate being lied to, and besides, there's no one for you to hide behind this time, 'cause now it's just you and me. The winner leaves a free man. The loser becomes a prisoner to the beast!
- Pharaoh Yugi: You're on! If that's what it takes to set my friends free, then let's duel! And once you're out of my way, I can go straight for Dartz! It's just a shame that a duelist with your talents has to throw it all away by following a madman.
- Rafael: Look, Master Dartz opened me up the truth and made me who I am today. You're just jealous because you don't have [holds up the Seal of Oricalchos card] one of these, right? Well, not anymore, anyway.
- Pharaoh Yugi: You can't tempt me with that again, Rafael.
- Rafael: I wasn't planning on it, but you can have one last look at it while you shuffle my deck... for old time's sake.
- Pharaoh Yugi: I know what you're trying to do, and it won't work. I won't give in to my dark side!
- Rafael: We'll see about that.
- Pharaoh Yugi: (thinking) I must stay true to my heart, no matter what he tries to do.
- [Pharaoh Yugi and Rafael shuffle their decks]
- Rafael: May the best man win...and when I do, you'll be gone forever. I'm gonna enjoy this.
- Pharaoh Yugi and Rafael: Time to Duel!
- Pharaoh Yugi: He gave up his own strength to save his monster! I’ll place two cards face down and end my turn. I’ve never come across a duelist like him before. He refuses to let any of his monsters go to the card graveyard. He protects them at all costs! Why would a duelist like this hold a card like the Seal of Orichalcos? Rafael, don’t you understand what’s going on here? As long as you’re loyal to Dartz, you’ll never be true to yourself. You have too much respect for your cards to use them for such an evil purpose. But Dartz has brainwashed you in believing you’re someone else!
- Rafael: The only thing Master Dartz did was open my eyes to the truth.
- Pharaoh Yugi: You’re wrong!
- Rafael: This world is an evil place, and you’re part of the problem. So I’m here to fix that. And thanks to my master, I have just the tool to do it. Now, I PLAY THE SEAL OF ORICHALCOS!
- Pharaoh Yugi: NO, RAFAEL! PLEASE! DON'T!
- Rafael: Sorry, Pharaoh, it's too late for that now. Your fate is sealed!
Grappling with a Guardian, Part 2
- [Guardian Eatos tries to destroy Yugi’s Dark Magician with her Celestial Sword and it breaks, cutting her attack points back to 3000]
- Rafael: [shocked] Say what?!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Allow me to clear things up for you. A few moments ago, I sent three monsters to my graveyard, one of which saved me. That card was this, my Electromagnetic Turtle! When this monster was destroyed, it created an electromagnetic barrier, shielding my magician from your attack.
- Rafael: No way. He had that planned all along!
- Tristan: In your face, meathead!
- Rafael: [thinking; voice-over] The Pharaoh's gonna pay for mocking the power of my Guardian Eatos.
- Rafael: You can't win a duel with defense, Pharaoh. All you're doing is stalling for time. Well, I'm afraid your time's just run out. Eatos, destroy his most valuable monster, the Dark Magician!
- Tristan: Oh, no!
- Teá: Pharaoh!
- Mokuba: Do something!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Magical Hats, activate! Hide my monsters!
- Rafael: What's going on?!
- Tristan: Awesome! Magical Hats shuffled Yugi's monsters so Blondie blasted the wrong one.
- Mokuba: That's true, but he gets to attack again, so Yugi's magician's still in danger.
- Pharaoh Yugi: All right, one of these three remaining hats is concealing my monster, so go ahead! Hit me with your best shot!
- Rafael: [thinking; voice-over] Three hats and one monster. I know what I have to do. I'll use Elma to improve my odds, then I'll send Grarl to finish things off. Go, Elma! Find his Dark Magician! [Elma strikes her butterfly dagger at the second hat] Now I have a 50-50 shot. Guardian Grarl, attack!
- [Grarl punches the third hat with his fist, Dark Magician appears from the last hat]
- Pharaoh Yugi: Wrong hat!
- Rafael: Oh, no!
- Pharaoh Yugi: What a shame. Looks like you used up all of your chances.
- Rafael: [thinking; voice-over] How could I have messed that up?! I was about to win the duel and capture the Pharaoh!
- Pharaoh Yugi: [horrified shock] What’s that?!
- Teá: I’ve got one word; Nasty!
- Tristan: Here’s four; I’m gonna be sick.
- Pharaoh Yugi: (after Rafael special summoned Guardian Dreadsycthe) For the last time, what is that thing?!
- Rafael: I told you; when Eatos goes to the Graveyard, this monster is summoned to the field in its place. So say hello to my Guardian Dreadsycthe!
- Pharaoh Yugi: Hello and good-bye. It’s STILL no match for my dragon!
- Rafael: It will be. First, I’ll boost its strength with my Reaper Scythe magic card. Now, for the best part, thanks to its new weapon, my Guardian of darkness gains 500 attack points for every monster in my graveyard.
- Pharaoh Yugi: But why? I thought you despised having monsters in your graveyard!
- Rafael: But I despise YOU even more, so what’s a few monsters in the grave if it means destroying you forever?
- Pharaoh Yugi: I know first-hand what the Oricalchos does to a person’s heart and I can help you. Think, when Earls was destroyed, you released your anger on your other monsters. You left the Oricalchos feed on your rage like I did.
- Rafael: So? What’s your point?
- Pharaoh Yugi: That this isn’t who you really are. The darkness within you has taken control, and now you must face that darkness head on. It’s the only way for you to save yourself.
- Rafael: You need to be saved.
- Pharaoh Yugi: If you don’t believe my words, then maybe this will convince you!
- Rafael: What are you holding?
- Pharaoh Yugi: A card that forces you to take a closer look at yourself-- "Underworld Circle"!
- Rafael: What on earth does that do?!
- Pharaoh Yugi: BEHOLD! It’s time to take some responsibility for what you’ve done, Rafael! Underworld Circle, activate!
Grappling with a Guardian, Part 3
A Duel with Dartz, Part 1
- Tristan: Dude, what's with all these people chiseled in stone?
- Tea: They're just any people! Take a look!
- The Pharaoh: Oh no! There's Mai and Weevil!
- Tristan: This must be everyone who lost their soul!
- The Pharaoh: Yugi!
- Seto: Look, I want my company back, so can the small talk!
- Dartz: Is that so? Well, guess what? We all want something. As for me, I want your souls for my wall. I even have the spot picked out.
- Seto: Save it, Dartz! It'll take a lot more than a few party tricks to scare me!
- The Pharaoh: Now for the last time, release our friends!
- Dartz: That's not possible.
- The Pharaoh: What do you mean?
A Duel with Dartz, Part 2
- (Dartz, Yami Yugi, and Kaiba hovering above the city of Atlantis)
- Dartz: Behold, the lost city of Atlantis and all its glory. Just as it was 10,000 years ago, a perfect civilization or so I thought. Surrounded by oceans as far as the eye could see, we were isolated from the rest of the world.
- (A scene depicts the once glorious city of Atlantis and all of Earth's creatures)
- Dartz: Our lives were simple, we existed side by side with all of Earth's creatures and we knew nothing of violence. But, then that changed.
- (a meteor shower rains upon Atlantis)
- Dartz: Darkness ascended upon us and a strange substance rained down from the heavens. A substance that will change our lives.
- Yami Yugi: The Orichalcos.
- Seto Kaiba: Please tell me that story time is over, I like to duel.
- Dartz: The tale of my past directly affects the fate of your future. So if I were you, I pay close attention.
- (it seems the city of Atlantis had changed)
- Dartz: Now thanks to the stones of the Orichalcos, the people of Atlantis needed advancement in technology that were never before imagine. And soon, I ruled over the most highly developed civilization the world had ever known. However, with progress comes greed and eventually violence, I knew what had to be done. But, my father, former king Ironheart had different ideas.
- Yami Yugi: (shocked) Ironheart was your father?! But how?
- Seto Kaiba: If you ask questions, this ridiculous story is never going to end.
- Dartz: That old fool never had what took to be king and on my 21st birthday, he allowed me to take over and filled his unimpressive shoes. So as technology continues to advance and the hearts of my people continue to seek deeper into the darkness. It was up to me to remedy the situation, the citizens of Atlantis were growing more and more selfish. And if I didn't act soon, I would lose complete control, but even I couldn't have imagine what would happen next.
- (The Orichalcos began to show the true nature of the Atlanteans)
- Dartz: The Orichalcos began to test us, it revealed the truth about who we were.
- (The people of Atlantis are beginning to turn into monsters)
- Dartz: Those who were wicked on the inside became wicked on the outside.
- (Meanwhile, Fiona is struggling)
- Dartz: Fiona, are you all right?
- Dartz: Wait, come back! What's going on?!
- (Dartz soon finds out that his beloved wife also turned into a monster)
- Dartz: Fiona!
- Dartz: I didn't realize it first, but the true colors of my people were revealed to me that day.
- Dartz: But why? Why is this happening?
- (a bright green light appears in the water fountain)
- Dartz: I couldn't understand how a society as perfect as ours could crumble like this.
- (He picks up an Orichalcos stone)
- Dartz: But soon the Orichalcos would answer all my questions. The people of Atlantis were evil and I have been chosen to wipe them out and start over again. But I couldn't accomplish such a task on my own, I was but one man so the Orichalcos gave me a gift, something powerful enough to lead my fight against mankind. For deep below the Earth's surface lives the most incredible creature ever lived, the Great Leviathan! And it was mine, and shortly that this great beast will return to finish what it began!
- Dartz: I was ready to begin my task of recreating civilization on Earth, but one person stood in my way.
- (A scene where Ironheart, Chris, and Skye are in the throne room)
- Ironheart: My son, you know what you have to do. Destroy those Orichalcos stones so we can return the light we once knew.
- (Dartz sitting on his throne with a gold eye)
- Dartz: (laughs) Do you honestly believe that we can go back to the way things were. It's too late for that, Father.
- Ironheart: But, Dartz...
- Dartz: The true nature of our people have been exposed. We now know that the citizens of this planet are evil and must be destroy!
- Ironheart: What?!
- Dartz: You heard me, old man! We should be thanking the Orichalcos for showing us the truth. Not blaming it for the faults of mankind, but this mysterious substance that rained down above us had open up my eyes. Not only has it showed me what's wrong, it's given me the tools to fix it. For now I have the power to awaken a mighty creature known as the Great Leviathan! And by the power of the Orichalcos, this beast will rise up from the depths of the earth and fight by my side! And when I'm through, I shall rebuild civilization!
- (The stones have summoned an army of Orichalcos soldiers)
- Ironheart: Dartz! What's going on?!
- (Dartz laughs evilly)
- Dartz: Meet my Orichalcos soldiers!
- Chris: (scared) Grandpa, I'm scared!
- Dartz: If you join my side, you have nothing to fear. If not, farewell.
- Ironheart: We'll never join you! Never! Let's go, Chris!
- (They escape from the throne room)
- Dartz: Have it your way.
- (Dartz appears on his balcony and addresses his army)
- Dartz: The time has come to cleanse the world of its impurities! So arise my children and conquer the people of Earth! And this planet shall be yours!
- (Meanwhile Ironheart, Chris, and Skye are walking from their city and they enter a cave)
- Chris: What are we going to do, Grandpa?
- Ironheart: Your father is under the control of an evil force and he must be stopped. The future of our planet depends on it. Through there, hurry!
- (Chris and Skye suddenly runs through an carving of monsters on the walls)
- Chris: What's there? Why are those monsters carved in stone?
- Ironheart: We've come here to ask for their help.
- (The scene depicts the battle of Atlantis between Dartz's Orichalcos army and Ironheart's army of monsters)
- Dartz: And so the Battle of Atlantis began! You see my father had opened up a gateway to the Dominion of the Beasts and he used the monsters within to form an army of his own.
- Yami Yugi: Tell me, what was the battle's outcome?
- Dartz: Neither side were victorious and Atlantis sunk to the bottom of the sea. My father's monster army were scattered around the world and sealed away until they be needed again. The Leviathan was drained of its power and also sealed away. It's taken me 10,000 years to gather the energy necessary to bring it back. All that's left of me to do is to defeat you two in this duel. Then your souls will awaken the Great Leviathan and my plan will finally come to pass.
- Seto Kaiba: Hold on! We already defeated you! Our Master of Dragon Soldier should've wipe out the rest of your life points.
- Dartz: Perhaps it should have, but I'm afraid it didn't. Your pathetic attack failed short of its target. So this duel is still on.
A Duel with Dartz, Part 3
- The Pharaoh: You'll never take them away from us, Dartz!!
- Dartz: That's right, Pharaoh. Let your anger consume you. Feel the darkness within you beginning to spread. The stronger your rage, the more powerful the Great Leviathan will be when it absorbs your soul. Now where we? Ah, yes. Mirror Knight Yugi. It's time to attack your other half.
- The Pharaoh: No, Yugi! Fight it! I know you can hear me!!
- (Yugi struggles against Dartz's command)
- Dartz: What's this? My soldier is still loyal to you? How touching. Even though you turned your back on him, he refuses to seek revenge. That will soon change.
- The Pharaoh: We'll see.
- The Pharoh: Kaiba!
- Kaiba: Just save it! That second-rate chump has held me back for the last time! Different Dimension Dragon Attack!
- The Pharaoh: No! Don’t do this!
- Kaiba: Too late!
A Duel with Dartz, Part 4
A Duel with Dartz, Part 5
- Dartz: Don't worry, Pharaoh. Your friends are fine. I don't need weak souls. I just wanted to spend some quality time with you, one-on-one. Is that so wrong?
- Pharaoh: That's enough!
- Dartz: But there's something I think you'll want to know. You and I met five thousand years ago when you king of Egypt. We may not have been officially introduced but I was there watching you.
- Pharaoh: Go on.
- Dartz: When the battle of Atlantis ended, I thought the Leviathan was gone forever. That is until I met you.
- Pharaoh: Hold on! What does that evil creature of yours have to do with me!?
- Dartz: I thought you'd never ask.
A Duel with Dartz, Part 6
Rise of the Great Beast, Part 1
- Dark Magician Girl: Monsters, unite. Without us all hope is lost. We must join forces with the humans! And together we shall defeat the Great Beast. Now go!
- Joey: That Leviathan's a goner! It's 3 on 1 up there!
- Kaiba: I see you can count! Unfortunately, numbers aren't everything!
- Yugi: You can do this, Pharaoh!
- Dartz: My Leviathan is fueled by the darkness of my prisoners!!
- The Pharaoh: Wrong, Dartz!! I was able to transform the darkness in their hearts to light! A light which now fuels MY beasts!!
- Dartz: NO!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, PHARAOH?!?!
- Kaiba: Hey, look! I guess the Gods did pull through!
- Joey: Told ya! That means everyone Dartz captured is free!
Rise of the Great Beast, Part 2
Divide and Conquer
Reunited at Last
Fortress of Fear
Eye of the Storm
Trial of Light and Shadow
Red-Eyes Black Curse
Fruits of Evolution
The Fiendish Five, Part 1
The Fiendish Five, Part 2
The True King, Part 1
The True King, Part 2
Season Five: KC Championship
Unwanted Guest, Part 1
- Yugi: Finally some peace and quiet for a change.
- The Pharaoh: We needed this.
- Yugi: Yeah. After everything we've been through, it feels nice just to kick back. Is something on your mind?
- The Pharaoh: As a matter off act, Yugi, there is. It seems every time we restore peace to the world, a greater evil is waiting for us.
- Yugi: Yeah, you got a point there. But look on the bright side. Every battle that we fight also brings us one step closer to figuring out the secrets of your past.
- The Pharaoh: The three Egyptian God cards.
- Yugi: Yup. They're back in our deck again, which means it's time for you and I to pick up where we left off. As soon as we get back home, we're going straight to that history museum. and these three cards are gonna give us some answers.
- The Pharaoh: Let's hope so.
Unwanted Guest, Part 2
- Joey: Hey, hold on!! I know an insult when I hear one!! LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M YELLIN' AT YA!!
Let the Games Begin! Part 1
- Duke: Look! Joey's trying to scare the competition with his weird chicken dance.
- Tea: I need some female friends.
- Kaiba: I know one of these punks is trying to ruin me! and before this tournament is over I'm gonna find out who!
Let the Games Begin! Part 2
- Vivian: I'll go first!
- Rebecca: You'll need a headtstart!
- Vivian: [draws] Ha! I summon Kung Fu Nyan Nyan in attack mode!
Down in Flames, Part 1
Down in Flames, Part 2
A Brawl in a Small Town, Part 1
- Joey: I was knocked out of the tournament by a guy with pink hair!?
- Tristan: A guy with pink hair who's an EXCERPT DUELIST.
- Joey: I wanna be Number One!
- Tea: Oh, will you grow up!? Trust me, there'll be other Duels!
- Joey: You're not runner up every year! That honor belongs to me!
- Leon: Here's one you might remember from your bedtime stories. You guessed it! It's Cinderella! And thanks to her fairy godmother, she'll be able to go to the ball. Cinderella automatically lets me summon my Pumpkin Carriage to the field.
- Rebecca: Ugh!
- Leon: With my Pumpkin Carriage in play, Cinderella receives a thousand point boost. Oh, and where would she be without her glass slippers?
A Brawl in a Small Town, Part 2
- Vivian: Just as I thought. I knew you couldn't resist my charm! All right, if you defeat me, then your Grandpa walks. If you lose, we go on a date.
- Tea: (infuriated): ALL RIGHT, THAT'S IT! I'VE JUST HEARD ENOUGH ABOUT YOU, VIVIAN!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!! YUGI DOESN'T LIKE YOU AND HE NEVER WILL!!
- Joey: All right. Just breathe.
- Tristan: Even if Yugi loses, at least he gets a date.
- Tea: YUGI WON'T LOSE!!! SO DROP THE DATE THING!!!
- The Pharaoh: We'll see! I draw! All right, first I'll summon my Skilled Dark Magician to the field in Attack Mode!! Second, I activate Pot of Greed, which lets me draw 2 more cards from my Deck! (The first Spell Counter lights up on the Skilled Dark Magician) Then, I'll play this - the Emblem of Dragon Destroyer! It lets me bring Buster Blader back to my hand! (Now another Spell Counter lights up on the Skilled Dark Magician)
- Vivian: What are those lights?!
- The Pharaoh: They're Spell Counters! With every Magic Card I play, another one lights up! (Vivian gasps) I'm afraid there's more! My final Magic Card! It's known as Monster Reincarnation! So Dark Magician's back in my Deck! (The third and final Spell Counter lights up on the Skilled Dark Magician) And now all 3 of my Spell Counters are glowing! So I can sacrifice my Skilled Dark Magician in order to summon Dark Magician! There's more. I play Polymerization, fusing my Dark Magician with my Buster Blader! Behold the creature of your demise - my Dark Paladin! And there's one more thing you should know: Dark Paladin gets 500 ATK points for every Dragon on the field and in our Graveyards.
- Vivian: THAT CAN'T BE! I JUST SENT 4 OF MY DRAGONS TO MY CARD GRAVEYARD! IT'S NOT FAIR! (Dark Paladin's ATK strength increases to 4,900 points)
- The Pharaoh: Oh, it's quite fair. Now, Dark Paladin, wipe out her Dragon Lady and her life points!! Game over.
One Step Ahead, Part 1
One Step Ahead, Part 2
Sinister Secrets, Part 1
Sinister Secrets, Part 2
Sinister Secrets, Part 3
Tomb of the Nameless Pharaoh
- [Yami Bakura has sent the souls of Rex Raptor and Weevil Underwood to the Shadow Realm, after they stole a bag from Yugi, containing the Millenium Items Yugi has gathered so far, mistakingly believing the bag contains the Egyptian God Cards instead of the Millenium Items]
- Yugi: Bakura, what have you done to them?
- Yami Bakura: [chuckles]
- Yugi: [demanding] Answer me!
- Yami Bakura: These two delinquents received exactly what they deserved, Yugi. They took possession of something that didn't belong to them, so I banished their souls to the Shadow Realm. [kicks the unconscious bodies] And I'd say the punishment fit the crime.
- Yugi: [horrified] You sent them to the Shadow Realm?
- Yami Bakura: You should be showing a little more gratitude. After all I returned your belongings. Well, most of them.
- Yugi: What's that mean!?
- (Bakura shows him the Millennium Ring)
- Yami Bakura: Take a look. There was one item in your bag of tricks that I'm not quite ready to part with. Besides it did belong to me at one time.
- Yugi: Give it back! The Millenium Items belong together!
- Yami Bakura: Eventually, they will be. In the meantime, why don't you concentrate on gathering other items instead of pestering me and when the times is right, I'll give you the Millenium Ring. We may not be fond of each other, but we do share a common goal: We both want all seven Millennium Items returned to their resting place, united once again within the Millennium Stone, just as they were so long ago.
- Yugi: I don't trust you! And I never will! I'm collecting the Millennium Items so I can help the Pharaoh save the world from destruction!
- Yami Bakura: And I gather you think that I have a different goal in mind. Believe whatever you wish. But remember, I know things about the past that your Pharaoh friend seems to have forgotten.
- Yugi: Oh yeah? And what kind of things are those!!?
- Yami Bakura: I know that when the seven Millennium Items are returned to the Stone, a doorway to the spirit world will open.
- Yugi: [thinking] The spirit world? If that exists, it could be where the spirit of the Pharaoh belongs. [to Yami Bakura] Are you saying that when this doorway opens, the Pharaoh will be set free?
- Yami Bakura: You're catching on! So don't you want to help your friend? After all he's spirit's been trapped inside that puzzle for five thousand years.
- Yugi: Of course I do!!
- (The Pharaoh takes over)
- The Pharaoh: [demanding] That's enough! Stop poisoning Yugi's mind!
- Yami Bakura: Ah, Pharaoh. To what do I owe this honor? Did you come here so we can bury the hatchet and join forces?
- The Pharaoh: [angrily] You know better than that!!
- Yami Bakura: I know why you hate me. Because when you get right down to it, you and I are more alike than you'd care to admit. Isn't that right, Pharaoh?
- The Pharaoh: [annoyed] We are nothing alike!!
- Yami Bakura: We're both five thousand-year-old spirits aren't we? Each one inhabiting the body of an innocent civilian? The only difference is: I remember my past. All your mind contains is an endless labyrinth of questions. Your whole life has been nothing more than a puzzle wrapped in a game and I happen to know the solution. It's quite ironic, actually. The only way you can solve that game is by playing a game.
- The Pharaoh: I don't know if you speak the truth, but I'll do whatever I have to! Game or no game! I will unlock my mind!
- Yami Bakura: Well, then best of luck. You're going to need it when the ultimate Shadow Game begins. Enjoy your travels, Pharaoh. (Thinking) That encounter went exactly as planned. Now on to phase two.
[Yami Bakura has sent Mokuba's soul to the Shadow Realm in order to force Seto Kaiba into a duel]
Seto Kaiba: Mokuba...
Yami Bakura: I would tell you where is soul is but you don't believe in the Shadow Realm, right?
Seto Kaiba: Whatever you did to my brother, you'd better undo. Did you understand me, Bakura? As soon as I defeat you, I want him back! Now, let's get your little game over with!
Yami Bakura: [chuckles] As you wish.
Seto Kaiba: You're about to regret this.
Yami Bakura: We'll see...
Seto Kaiba and Yami Bakura: [in unison] Let's duel!
[Yami Bakura and Seto Kaiba prepare to duel, when the fogs of the Shadow Realm appear]
Yami Bakura: [mockingly] What's wrong? There's no such thing as magic, right? And all those ancient visions you've been having, they don't exist either, do they?
Seto Kaiba: [annoyed] Not that Egyptian speech again. When are you people gonna realize that I focus on the future. [firmly] I don't waste my time WORRYING ABOUT THE PAST!!!
Yami Bakura: [chuckles] That attitude of yours hasn't changed in over 5 000 years.
Seto Kaiba: [furiously] THAT'S ENOUGH!!!
Yami Bakura: [thinking] Just give me a little time, Seto Kaiba. I'll make a believer out of you. When this Shadow Game comes to a close, not only will you accept your ancient heritage, you'll long to return to your roots.
[Bakura starts the duel by playing "Polymerization" in order to fuse "The Earl of Demise" with "Headless Knight" in order to Fusion Summon "The Duke of Demise" in attack mode]
Yami Bakura: But the rules forbid me to attack you. I suppose you got off easy this time.
Seto Kaiba: [unimpressed] Please, it'll take a lot more than a rotting carcass with a sword to intimidate me.
[Seto Kaiba attacks Yami Bakura's "The Duke of Demise" after first cutting its attack points in half with the magic card "Shrink", but Yami Bakura's "The Duke of Demise" remains on the field, since it cannot be destroyed by battle]
Seto Kaiba: My attack may have not destroyed your monster but it did remove 900 of your life points.
Yami Bakura: [laughs] And you think that worries me?
Seto Kaiba: I wouldn't be laughing if I were you.
Yami Bakura: And why is that?
Seto Kaiba: Well, for one, you're about to lose another 500 of your lifepoints thanks to your friend "The Duke of Demise". Is that reason enough for you?
Yami Bakura: No, because I have something far worse in store. First, I'll sacrifice my Duke in order to summon my "Diabound Kernel". Then I'll activate the magic card "Spirit Illusion". It creates what's known as a doppelganger, an exact duplicate of my monster, complete with all the power of the original.
Seto Kaiba: [sarcastically] Wow. So, now you've got two useless monsters.
Yami Bakura: We'll see about that! Go, Doppelganger Diabound! [uses the special ability of the duplicate Diabound Kernel]
Memoirs of a Pharaoh
- Ishizu: May I speak with the Pharaoh? My King, it is an honor. You have returned home. Allow me to be your guide.
- Pharaoh: Please. The pleasure's mine.
The Intruder, Part 1
The Intruder, Part 2
Makings of a Magician
- Bakura: How can a mere spell-caster damage my Diabound!?
- Mahad: I refuse to allow Bakura to threaten my people, even if it means depleting my own powers. I must stop him! In the name the Pharaoh.
Birth of the Blue Eyes
- Isis: Mana, Mahad's spirit is very much alive; existing deep inside that stone. In fat, he's even stronger now. My Millennium Necklace has shown me all. He fused himself together with his most trusted creature.
- Mana: What? I'm confused.
- Isis: Mahad has been transformed. He will now be known as the Dark Magician.
- Mana: Dark Magician? But my training is incomplete! And I need Master Mahad! I want to become an elite spell-caster! I can't do it alone!!
- Seto: Wait. There is something familiar about this girl.
Village of Lost Souls
A Reversal of Fortune
In Search of a King
Shimon Muran: What a beautiful blessing this day has brought us, my king.
Village of Vengeance, Part 1
Village of Vengeance, Part 2
Village of Vengeance, Part 3
Village of Vengeance, Part 4
Village of Vengeance, Part 5
The Name of the Game
Joey: It says bird, rock, lambchop, bird, and a bigger bird
The Dark One Cometh, Part 1
Yami Bakura: [about Yugi's "Marshmallon" monster] Is that a monster or a desert topping?
The Dark One Cometh, Part 2
Yami Bakura: [laughs evilly] Perhaps, you could've used the Pharaoh's help after all... [viciously] you PATHETIC MORTAL!!! [laughs evilly]
The Dark One Cometh, Part 3
[After Yami Bakura has activated the magic card "Counterbalance", which forces both players to send cards equal to the number of monsters on the field from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard by the end of their turn. An effect that would eventually lead into a deckout. Yugi questions Yami Bakura why would he risk losing all the cards in his own deck also, not knowing that the effect of "Counterbalance" doesn't affect to Yami Bakura, because he no longer has a graveyard due to the "Cursed Twin Dolls" magic card, he played earlier]
Yugi: It doesn't make any sense!
Yami Bakura: [laughs evilly] To work, it requires a graveyard and I don't have one. [mockingly] Guess that means I can't participate. I feel so left out. So, you're in this alone! Get it? This card only drains your deck!
The Dark One Cometh, Part 4
In the Name of the Pharaoh
- Joey: Great. We have the power to fly but we can't get a decent meal.
- Zorc: The Egyptian Gods are powerless against me! You already tried this and failed!
- Pharaoh Atem: Yes. But there's one thing I didn't do last time time: Merge them together! Now I give you, the Creator of Light!
- Zorc: What!!? Impossible!!
- Pharaoh Atem: Darkness, be gone!!
- Tea: So what happens now? I mean now you've saved the world?
- Atem: Wait for the next bad guy?
- Creator of Light: No, Atem. There will not be another. You have destroyed from where all evil is born.
- Pharaoh Atem: So I'm done?
- Creator of Light: No. But you are close. With the help of your friends, you'll nearly fulfilled your destiny. You have but one more task to complete before your spirit can return to its resting place.
The Final Journey
- Pharaoh Atem (thinking): Seto, according to the inscription on this tablet, you became a great pharaoh in own right. You kept my father's dream alive by maintaining peace in Egypt. And knowning this, my spirit can finally go to its resting place.
- Yugi: "Wait! What are you saying?"
- Pharaoh Atem: "I think you know, Yugi."
- Pharaoh Atem: "Yes. Now I must seal them all away so I can enter the spirit world."
- Tea: "You're leaving us?"
- Pharaoh Atem: "This is the final step of my mission, Tea."
- Tea: "I guess I always knew. I mean, you came back here after all this time so you could save the world. And now that you've done that, you can finally rest."
- Tea (thinking): I know this is what's best for the Pharaoh. He doesn't belong in this world. And now that he has his memory back, he can finally be free. But secretly, I keeping hoping Yugi's gonna lose, so the Pharaoh has to stay.
The Final Duel, Part 1
The Final Duel, Part 2
The Final Duel, Part 3
The Final Duel, Part 4
- This is followed by The Dark Side of Dimensions movie, which takes place a few years later.
- Atem (thinking): This was the greatest duel of my life. It's been an honor, Yugi.
- Duke: What's Yugi waiting for? All he has to do is attack and the duel is over.
- Bakura: That's just it. Once his Magician attacks, the Pharaoh will be released and we'll never see him again.
- Duke: Wait! So did Yugi win the duel?
- Ishizu: If this attack is successful, then yes!
- Atem: Congratulations. Well done. Yugi, a champion doesn't stand on his knees. You've achieved a great victory for us both.
- Yugi (in tears): I was focusing so hard on playing the game, that I forgot what winning this duel would actually mean. By defeating you, I sent you away. For good.
- Atem: No, you have opened the door for me. Thanks to you, my spirit can finally be at rest. I'll be back where I belong. Fate brought the two of us together for a reason. And we fulfilled our destiny:
- We protected mankind from the return of the Shadow Games.
- Yugi: I'm gonna miss you.
- Atem: You do realize we will never truly be apart, right? The gift of kindness you have me and the courage I've given you will remain with us.
- Yugi: Right.
- Joey: At least give me one of your little rap-up speeches, Yug.
- Yugi: Well, sometimes the end of one adventure is just the beginning of another.
- Joey: Ah, much better.
The Movie!Pyramid of Light
- Tristan: Kicks to the face don't work.
- Joey: Neither do kicks to the head.
- Tea: Hmm... wonder what all the commotion's about?
- Joey: Dunno, but I haven't seen this many people running from school since they served meatloaf surprise last year.
- Joey: If you wanna get to the king of games, you got to get past the... uh... the, uh, Godfather of games, capice?
- [Yugi runs from the mummies]
- Joey and Tristan: [In unison] Yugi!?
- Yugi: [Runs past them] Talk later! Run now!
- Joey: What's with him? [He and Tristan see the mummies run towards them]
- Tristan: Zoinks!
- Tea: Yugi?
- Yugi: [Opens eyes after his vision] Tea... would you read me the story about the bunny?
- Tea: ...I'm going to pretend that was the concussion talking and forget about it.
- Anubis: Shadows take life, creatures be born! Now let's see how well you play this game when the monsters are real!
- Joey: Monsters?!
- Tristan: For real?!
- Tea: Oh no.
- Anubis: [After he is revived as a monster] It is no longer time to duel. Now it is time to die!
- Pegasus: [after Anubis was defeated] No one could return after suffering a defeat as thoroughly devastating as that. Well, no one but Kaiba, that is. I'm sorry, did I say that aloud?
- (Yugi and Tea finds Solomon in the museum)
- Yugi: Hey! It's my grandpa! What are you doing here?
- Solomon: Oh, it looks like great minds think alike.
- Yugi: So, you've came to see that pyramid too?
- Solomon: Yup.
- Tea: This says it's called the Pyramid of Light.
- Solomon: In all my years of Egyptology, I've never come across this relic before. But it says here it belong to an evil sorcerer who tried to bring about the end of the world.
- Yugi: Well I guessed it's pretty to say his plan didn't work, right?
- Solomon: Legend say a brave pharaoh destroyed him using the mystical Dagger of Fate.
- (Yugi looks at his Millennium Puzzle)
- Solomon: The same pharaoh who many believed possessed your Millennium Puzzle. Come, I'll show you.
- (They went back to see the sarcophagus)
- Solomon: See, there's the knife.
- Tea: (disgusted) Can we leave?
- Yugi: (looking at the inscription) What's it say here on his sarcophagus.
- Solomon: Let's see. It's some sort of prophecy:
- The eye that see what's yet to come
- Its vision shall be fulfilled
- Unless blinded by events predetermined
- Thus light and shadows both be killed
- Pegasus: You see, Kaiba thinks he got that card from me. When in fact, this has all been arranged by an evil lord who tried to take over the world five millennia ago and is now back to finish the job. I looked it up. Now this Anubis has created the Ultimate Shadow Game, and he's getting much stronger every moment.
- Solomon: Then the prophecy is being fulfilled.
- (Anubis is draining the life force of the Pharaoh)
- Anubis: (laughs) Foolish mortals, there is nothing you can do to stop my rebirth. I have infiltrated the realm of the Pharaoh and his life force now feeds mine.
- Yugi: We won't stand here while you sucked the life out of others to save yourself. We're going to take you down, Anubis!
- Joey: I'd stay in that casket if I were you.
- (Mummies begin to rise from the dead)
- Yugi: What do you want anyway?
- (Anubis shows them the terrible future that is going to happen)
- Anubis: Behold the future, since you won't live to see it for yourself. Soon my beasts of destruction shall annihilate all traces of life on Earth and I will finally complete that which I started millennia ago. It was by your very hand that this devastation will occur, mortal. For when you released the Pharaoh, you released me as well.
- (Anubis grabs Kaiba by the head)
- The Pharaoh: Kaiba! No!
- Anubis: You have served me well, little worm! But you have outlived your usefulness!
- (He throws Kaiba to the side)
- Pharaoh: Kaiba!
- (The Pharaoh watches as Anubis is fully restored to life)
- The Pharaoh: So, it's been you behind this whole duel! Manipulating Kaiba all along! The Egyptian Lord of the Dead, Anubis!
- Anubis: I am pleased that you remember me after all these years, my Pharaoh. It will be my ultimate vengeance, all the sweeter. You will fall and my reign of destruction shall begin!
- Pharaoh: We'll see.
- Anubis: The souls of your mortal friends have already fallen! Trapped within your Puzzle!
- Pharaoh: My friends.
- Anubis: Lost in a labyrinth of the dead!
- Pharaoh: You're wrong, I can still sense their presence. And I will fight to defend them! No matter what happens, I won't not let your evil plan come to pass, Anubis!
- Anubis: All I need to do is defeat you in this duel and the prophecy will be fulfilled! You will be destroyed! The magic of the Shadow Games that you locked away centuries ago, will once again be unleashed into the world! And I shall finally take my rightful place as the pharaoh of this realm! With the Pyramid of Light at my command, there is nothing you can do to stop me! The Ultimate Shadow Game is just beginning!
Bonds Beyond Time
- (Yugi regains consciousness and is horrified to see such devastation around him)
- Yugi: Grandpa...He- NOOOO!!!
- The Pharaoh: Yugi, out of all our duels, this may be the most difficult we've ever faced.
- Yugi: Then let's rise to the challenge.
- (The Pharaoh's spirit takes over Yugi)
The Dark Side of Dimensions
- This movie takes place a few years after the four-part conclusion of the animated show, "The Final Duel".
- KaibaCorp Manager: (giving the cloak man strict orders) For the last time, you’re behind schedule. Speed up your progress and we’ll find someone who can.
- Slave: Yes sir! Faster everyone!
- KaibaCorp Manager: Hmm. I wonder... Is this thing really down here? We’re working as hard as we can! But, sir!
- Joey: No way. You actually got in? That study abroad program's lucky to have you. But, aren't ya a little scared?
- Tea: Well, to be a professional dancer, I can't be afraid to bite off more than I can chew.
- Yugi: If you're as graceful as you are with those chopsticks, you'll get in for sure.
- Bakura: I'm proud that you're following your dreams, Tea.
- Tristan: At least some us are. My dad says after I graduate, I gotta work in his factory.
- Tea: And you, Joey? You still plan to become a pro duelist after school's over?
- Joey: You better believe it. I'll be champion of the world in no time. 'Cause no out there can stop me!
- Tristan: Except our math teacher who confiscated your duel disk for polishing it in class this week.
- Yugi: Least it worked during our final exam.
- Tea: Your turn, Yugi. It's time to share. Tell the guys what's your game plan.
- Yugi: Well, all right. I thought I'd continue helping Grandpa in the shop. And I'm gonna start creating my own games, too. I know it's really cheesy but maybe someday, we can all play together..
- Joey: I'm there. Let's promise- When Yugi's game makes it big, we'll all be there.
- Yugi: When you say "big"?
- Tea: Don't worry. You'll do it. Remember- Your friends believe in you.
- Yugi: Thank you. I...believe in you, too.
- Joey: What you got your deck our for, Yuge? Wanna take me on in a duel?
- Yugi: No. Just thinking back.
- Joey: About what?
- Yugi: About...him.
- Tea: You mean Atem?
- Yugi: Sorry. Forget that I even brought it up.
- Joey: Yuge, it's OK. You guys shared a connection. It totally makes sense you miss him sometimes.
- Yugi: Not just sometimes. All the time.
- It's just that things ended so suddenly between us. You used to be a part of me. But then you weren't and we had to face each other in a duel. A duel to determine whether I was ready to stand on my own. And when I defeated you, you left us. You left me...forever. I know it was for the best, but I wish I had one more chance to let him know what he meant to me. But destiny had different plans for us.
- Kaiba: Load it into the chopper at once. I plan to reassemble it today.
- Man: Yes sir.
- Mokuba: Reassemble it? You do realize it took Yugi eight years to complete the Puzzle, don't you?
- Kaiba: That's because Yugi's a simple-minded child. Let's go!
- Tea: Hey, what you looking at there, Yugi?
- Yugi: This article. Says here that they all disappeared without a trace.
- Tea: It's those bullies.
- Yugi: Says there's been many of these cases all over the city.
- Duke: Not just here- all over the world. I heard online, something about fifty people vanishing all at once. Anyway, enjoy your lunch.
- Bakura: Thanks, Duke. We'll try. How can we when someone or something is making people vanish? That someone could be watching us right now.
- Tea: True. But I think they're pretty harmless, Bakura.
- Shadi: I bring you a warning:
- When the seven treasures come together
- The Pharaoh's soul will finally be able to move on
- And the power of the Plana will be yours
- But should he ever return
- This power will be recanted
- (Yugi looks as his Dark Magician card with pride)
- Yugi: Now way could I build a deck without this card. You've gotten me out of more dueling jams than I can count.
- Sera: It's lovely. That golden box. It has a kind of glow.
- Yugi: Sorry. I didn't hear you come in. But you're right. This box is very special. You see, it's where I keep my duel cards. Not every one of them, of course, just those that are extra precious.
- Sera: Of course. But I think you mean cards extra precious to you and extra precious to the Pharaoh.
- Yugi (in surprise): Huh!?
- Sera: I know, Yugi. I know of the Pharaoh because of my master Shin, Shadi Shin. Long ago, Master Shin bestowed upon myself and others a great power- the power of the Plana. This power is so strong, it can remake this world; turn it into some place beautiful: A Utopia. But if misused, this power could do the opposite.
- Yugi: Where are we?
- Sera: This is the gathering place of the Plana. We carry on the will of Master Shin. However, there is dissension among us, and it could mean trouble for all of mankind. I have no one else to turn to other than you, Yugi.
- Yugi: Who are you?
- Sera: I am Sera. Destiny has led me to you. So I will entrust you with my destiny.
- (Yugi opens his eyes, to see that Sera has vanished)
- Yugi: That was...so strange.
- (Opens his golden box and is amazed to find a fragment of none other than the Millennium Puzzle inside)
- Yugi: No way.
- Sera: Deva. Deva. I'm told you battled against Kaiba.
- Deva: Yes. I'm afraid he's located the Millennium Puzzle.
- Sera: If he's able to reassemble it-
- Deva: I know. The Pharaoh will rise. But don't worry. He won't reassemble the Puzzle. He can't. And even if he could, it would not matter.
- Sera: What do you mean? We'll lose our powers when the Pharaoh resurrects in Yugi's body.
- Deva: That won't be a problem if I get rid of the body.
- Sera: You're going too far! You're blinded by hate, Brother. And if you don't stop, it will destroy you. I believe in you. Just consider what I've said, Brother. I beg you. (teleports away)
- Deva: It's too late.
- Kaiba: Good to see you, too.
- Yugi: I have bigger issues to deal with!
- (Kaiba reveals the nearly completed Millennium Puzzle)
- Yugi: No way! The Millennium Puzzle?
- Kaiba: Yes. Most of it, anyway. But you can be sure I'll have it in its entirely soon enough.
- Yugi: How did you get it?
- Kaiba: That's not important. What is important is that you will come to my tournament, Yugi. And bring the Puzzle piece you have.
- Yugi: You know? But how could you...?
- Kaiba: I know everything that goes on in Domino.
- Yugi: What is it? What are you after?
- Kaiba: What I've always been after: To show the Pharaoh that I am the greatest. You will wear the Puzzle again and summon him, Yugi. And I will duel him and I will defeat him!
- Yugi: But...Kaiba.
- Kaiba: Be honest, Yugi. I know you want to see him, too.
- Deva: What! impossible! You should be nothing!
- Joey: I'll tell you how. Some of my memories are forever. Like those of my three pals, right here.
- Children of the Plana: Their friendship withstood the power of the Plana? How is that possible? Where did Deva go wrong?
- (The incredible Children of the Plana start to vanish)
- Joey: That's right! Go back to wherever you all came from! But not you, Aigami! Not 'till you hand over Bakura.
- Deva: This changes nothing! You're fates are all still sealed, including Bakura's. 'Till next time.
- Sera: The Pharaoh. He has not returned.
- Yugi: He's gone, Kaiba. Gone forever. I've known it deep down in my heart since we said goodbye. It wasn't easy. It still isn't. But I had to let him go, and you have to as well. I'm sorry. But this was what destiny choose for us.
- Kaiba: You lie!
- Yugi: Huh?
- Kaiba: He's just afraid! Scared to come out and face me! He knows he's no match for me!!
- Joey: No way. You actually saw the Pharaoh?
- Yugi: Yeah. And it was great seeing him again.
- Tea: how's he doing?
- Joey: So, be honest. He asked about me, didn't he?
- Bakura: Of course he did.
- Yugi: He wished us well.
- Kaiba: I said he'd be back. Hate to say I told you so, but...told you so.
- Yugi: You were right. I thought the Pharaoh would never return, but you never stopped believing.
- Kaiba: You have your bond with him and I have mine. Take care, Yugi.
- Yugi: 'Till next time. And thank you.
- “Yu-Gi-Oh!’s” fundamental theme, aside from the triad of “friendship,” “death,” and “love,” also includes the keyword “independence.” I would like all my readers to have something–one thing–that they’ll rise above others to.
For example, even though the card game takes center stage in the story, I would hope you all make friends and form a friendly rivalry with one another. And while doing so, I hope you all find something unique to yourself–your ‘only one.’ I may present only the card game aspect during the story to everyone, but I’m glad that it could be provided as an opportunity for communication to allow everyone to meet one another and explore new possibilities. By fighting through cards, I wish you could all learn about people and build good relationships.
- Dan Green - Yugi Muto/Yami Yugi/Pharaoh Atem
- Wayne Grayson - Joey Wheeler
- Greg Abbey - Tristan Taylor
- Amy Birnbaum - Tea Gardner
- Marc Thompson - Duke Devlin
- Eric Stuart - Seto Kaiba
- Tara Sands - Mokuba Kaiba
- Ted Lewis as Ryo Bakura, Yami Bakura (Seasons 1, 2, 5)
- Megan Hollingshead (Seasons 1, 2, 3) and Bella Hudson (Season 4)- Mai Valentine
- Wayne Grayson- Solomon Moto (Seasons 1, 2, 5)
- Darren Dunstan - Maximilian Pegasus (Seasons 1, 4, 5)
- Jonathan Todd Ross- Marik Ishtar (Seasons 2, 3, 5)
- TBA- Ishizu Ishtar (Seasons 2, 3, 5)
- TBA- Odion (Seasons 2, 3, 5)
- TBA- Zigfreid Von Schroeder (Season 5; 14 Episodes)
- TBA- Leon Von Schroeder (Season 5; 14 Episodes)
- TBA- Vivian Wong (Season 5; 14 Episodes)
- TBA- Weevil Underwood (Seasons 1, 2, 4, 5)
- TBA- Rex Raptor (Seasons 1, 2, 4, 5)
- TBA- Serenity Wheeler (Seasons 2, 3; cameo in Season 5)
- TBA- Rebecca Hawkins (Seasons 1, 4,5)
- TBA- Arthur Hawkins (Seasons 1, 4, 5)
- Wayne Grayson- Shadi Shin (Seasons 1, 2, 5)
- TBA as Anubis (from The Pyramid of Light)
- Matthew Charles as Jaden Yuki (from Bonds Beyond Time)
- Greg Abbey as Yusei Fudo ( from Bonds Beyond Time)
- Laurie Hymens as Sera (from The Dark Side of Dimensions)
- Tamir Cousins as Mani (from The Dark Side of Dimensions)
- Daniel J. Edwards as Deva/Aigami (from The Dark Side of Dimensions)
- Encyclopedic article on Yu-Gi-Oh! at Wikipedia