Revelation, in religion and theology, is the revealing or disclosing, through active or passive communication with a supernatural or a divine entity(s). Some religions have religious texts which they view as divinely or supernaturally revealed or inspired.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Lochiel, Lochiel! beware of the day;
For, dark and despairing, my sight I may seal
But man cannot cover what God would reveal.
- Thomas Campbell, Lochiel's Warning (1802).
- 'Tis Revelation satisfies all doubts,
Explains all mysteries except her own,
And so illuminates the path of life,
That fools discover it, and stray no more.
- William Cowper, The Task (1785), Book II, The Time-Piece, line 526.
- Nature is a revelation of God;
Art a revelation of man.
- And round about the throne [there are] twenty-four thrones, and upon these thrones [I saw] seated twenty-four elders dressed in white outer garments, and upon their heads golden crowns. 5 And out of the throne there are proceeding lightnings and voices and thunders; and [there are] seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, and these mean the seven spirits of God. 6 And before the throne there is, as it were, a glassy sea like crystal.
- Before the throne was something resembling a glassy sea, like crystal. In the midst of the throne and around the throne were four living creatures that were full of eyes in front and behind. The first living creature was like a lion, and the second living creature was like a young bull, and the third living creature had a face like a man’s, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle.
- Revelation 4:6–7, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
- Because the Lamb, who is in the midst of the throne, will shepherd them and will guide them to springs of waters of life. And God will wipe out every tear from their eyes.
- His eyes are a fiery flame, and on his head are many diadems. He has a name written that no one knows but he himself.
- With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.