Revelation, in religion and theology, is the revealing or disclosing, through active or passive communication with a supernatural or a divine entity(s). Some religions have religious texts which they view as divinely or supernaturally revealed or inspired.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Lochiel, Lochiel! beware of the day;
For, dark and despairing, my sight I may seal
But man cannot cover what God would reveal.
- Thomas Campbell, Lochiel's Warning (1802).
- 'Tis Revelation satisfies all doubts,
Explains all mysteries except her own,
And so illuminates the path of life,
That fools discover it, and stray no more.
- William Cowper, The Task (1785), Book II, The Time-Piece, line 526.
- Nature is a revelation of God;
Art a revelation of man.