Can someone translate the foreign languages in this page into English? --Yacht 17:09, 24 Nov 2003 (UTC)
Biblical quote 
I have removed the Biblical quote. Firstly, it was altered from the actual text (I took out my own Bible to compare) in such a way as to make it more clearly applicable to the topic. Although it it true that the quote in question, from Corinthians, is often used by fundamentalist Christians as "proof" that homosexuality is "against God," it is argued by most that it does not specify homosexuals, but instead all acts of sodomy; ergo it does not belong here.
Personal comments belong on User Pages or Talk Pages 
"Now I'm Straight Man... But I Have No Problem With Gay Men! Infact wish there were more gay men! I wish that 98% of the men in the world were gay! The More Gay Men means the chances of me having sex with a different woman every night would be huge!!!!!" [ with slight editing for spelling] seems to be a personal comment by a user, and though it may be humorous it does not belong in the article space. The only personal comments that are justifiable within the article space are short notes of explanation or introduction beneath quotes and headers, and these should definitely be as NPOV as possible. ~ Prot 23:53, 2 Jul 2004 (UTC)
Sigmund Freud 
* A man's heterosexuality will not put up with any homosexuality, and vice versa. o Analysis Terminable and Interminable
* Homosexuality is assuredly no advantage, but it is nothing to be ashamed of, no vice, no degradation, it cannot be classified as an illness. o Letter to an American mother's plea to cure her son's homosexuality, 1935
Massive cleanup 
This article is in severe need of cleanup:
- Its formatting is completely haphazard. Just about every style known in the English language is used somewhere, and very little of it follows Wikiquote standards.
- Its subtopics are only partially filled out, with the vast majority of quotes still lumped together in what was termed "Not Yet Classified". (I've put them into Sourced/Attributed general sections ahead of the subtopics, per wiki standards.)
- It attributes quotes to many people without providing any hint of who they are. (Bob Smith, for goodness sake!)
- It has tons of links (often redundant) that go nowhere. On the other hand, many names and titles have no links.
- It made no distinction between sourced and unsourced quotes (until my recent effort).
- There is no order to any of the quotes, except by coincidence. Many quotes from a single source are strewn throughout the relevant section.
I've just spent an hour doing some basic restructuring, so we can at least distinguish between quotes with actual sources (i.e., dated or uniquely titled works) and those that are merely attributed. This is absolutely critical, because one of Wikiquote's primary purposes is to provide accurate quotes, which cannot be done without specific sources. ("Quoted in (magazine), circa (year)" is not specific enough. Book or paper titles are considered adequate, but chapters, or page numbers (including an edition or ISBN to disambiguate them) are greatly appreciated.) For sourced quotes, we need to examine the sources. Experience has shown that quotes are frequently mistranscribed, and the effort can also provide more specific source information.
I've also done reformatting based on Wikiquote and Wikipedia style guidelines, but we still have a lot of work to do. Judging by the edit history, this is a popular article, so I'm hoping that contributing editors will help complete this cleanup work. Thank you in advance for your assistance. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 08:05, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
A modest proposal 
Why not delete the entire Unsourced section? For a topic that is considered controversial by many, I see no reason to tolerate unsourced quotes at all, much less mass quantities of them. I shed no tears for those who make such attributions without bothering to say where they got them. ~ Ningauble 14:30, 7 January 2010 (UTC)
I don't see why this topic's supposed controversiality should affect anything. Also whether you'd shed tears for anyone has no consequence. If there are significant quotes relevant to the topic of Homosexuality, it is our duty to include them and to research and cite their sources. However, I do agree that this page is a mess, many quotes are too obscure to have significance, and many quotes simply allude to homosexuality without citing the topic directly. Anyone with an unprejudiced, objective approach to editing is welcome to put forth any much-needed improvements they see fit. As with other pages, it might be a good idea to cut unsourced quotes and paste them on this discussion page until they may be properly sourced. --TBliss 04:17, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
Homosexuality and Transsexuality. 
I don't think quotes related entirely to transsexuality should be included, as this is not homosexuality.
hay you did play ju-on the grugde? is new for wii .com
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Homosexuality.
- For death, or life, or toil,
- To thee myself I join;
- I take thy hand in mine,
- With thee I would grow old.
- From an ancient Chinese male-male wedding ceremony
- Cruise the Straits with BC Ferries
- BC Ferries advertising slogan, 1980s
- 44 MEN AND 1 WOMAN ARRESTED FOR FEMALE IMPERSONATION
- New York Post headline, c. 1968
Real people 
- Vaginas always scared me. I came out of one and I'm sure as shit not going back into one.
- I played at clubs in Washington, D.C. to these wonderful gay men. They taught me how to become a woman.
- Of course we let lesbians and gays march in our St. Patrick's Day
- Parade. What would Ireland be without its fairies?"
- Anonymous city council member of Dublin
- Thank God, now we can sodomize again!
- Anonymous Florentine official, during riots against the influence of the monk Savonarola
- I'm not saying that the religious right is wrong for condemning homosexuals and terrorizing them for thousands of years. I'm just saying...FUUUUCK YOU.
- Christina Applegate (in magazine interview)
- Yes, I am Dick Armey. And if there is a 'dick army,' Barney Frank would want to join up.
- People...do not believe there can be tears between men. They think we are only playing at a game and that we do it to shock them.
- Love him and let him love you. Do you think anything else under heaven really matters?
- Being gay is a spectacular irrelevance to getting on with your life.
- Wouldn't it be great if you could only get AIDS by giving money to television preachers?
- I don't think we're born self-hating. It's how we respond to bullies. And if any place in the world grows tough bullies, it's this country. They're our chief export. George Bush cut his bully teeth on people like me.
- According to the Gospels, Jesus did not devote any serious time or effort denouncing either abortion or homosexuality though he did devote serious time and effort denouncing the rich along with self-righteous religious hypocrites. Maybe today's Religious Right could learn a few things about prioritizing from Jesus?
- Alexander the Great? Another gay in the military.
- Yes, the Bible does teach that homosexuality is a sin. You can't debate that, but according to the scriptures, every person has the right to make 'sinful' decisions. Once you mandate morality, you lose free will which is the foundation of Christianity.
- John Calvin Byrd III
- [Male Heckler] Are you a lesbian?! [Cameron] Are you my alternative?
- Rhona Cameron
- I discovered my own gayness, I realized it would make me an outsider in society. I began to identify with other groups of outsiders, people who had no control over their own lives. I identified with women in their struggles against oppression, with the working class in their struggles against exploitation and with the Third World in their struggles against imperialism and poverty.
- Bob Cant
- As everyone knows, a fag is a homosexual gentleman who has just left the room.
- The Religious Right dislikes both abortions and homosexuality. But who has fewer abortions than gays?
- It's always Leviticus. "Thou shalt not lie with man as with woman." Well, I don't.
- Maggie Cassella
- Why be nice to ignorant hicks? My advice to all of you gay boys that live in a horrible town is: be a BITCH and you'll never be afraid of walking down the hall. Be strong. Never let stupid people make you ashamed of who you are!
- Chad, quoted in XY Magazine
- Okay, conservatives have changed my mind. Allowing gay marriage, I have been persuaded, will destroy the family, weaken Western civilization, turn America into Sodom and Gomorrah, increase the trade deficit with Japan, endanger the family farm and promote tooth decay. The impeccable logic of conservative opponents is simply too powerful to deny.
- Stephen Chapman
- He did Carol Channing better than I did.
- Carol Channing, on drag queen Charles Pierce
- Saturday night I at last was taken into the arms of love again! Seldom have I had such affection offered me. An athlete - very strong - 20 only - dark-haired - distantly Bohemian. I hope it will last a while - I deserve a little kindness and he was so kind!
- John Paulk, the poster boy for the ex-gays... was found in a gay bar in Washington. He said he was there to use the bathroom. But nobody thought to ask him for what.
- Let's get one thing straight. I'm not.
- When asked, "Shall I tell my mother I'm gay?", I reply, "Never tell your mother anything."
- A lifetime of disco music is a high price to pay for one's sexuality.
- If you're going to be gay, you might as well be fabulous. It's a birthright.
- Frank deCaro
- Did you read Holly Near's book? Let me save you the trouble. This is the most exciting sentence in the book: 'I feel like a lesbian when I'm making love to a woman.' Good, Holly! Well, the major difference between me and Holly Near is that I feel like a lesbian when I am BREATHING!
- He looked me right in the face and said, 'You fucking bulldyke!' And I thought to myself, 'Oooh, what a smart man! Why, I'll bet he took one look at me and knew I was white, too!'
- I'm at West Virginia University to do a show, right, and they've done all this fucking publicity about it... So when I get to my show, who's waiting for me but five hundred Christian protestors with great big signs. 'Lea DeLaria is going to hell.' Not generic 'gay is not good;' 'Lea DeLaria is going to hell.' Which is what I need five hundred strangers to tell me, like twelve years of Catholic fucking school wasn't enough, right?!
- My mother said to me, 'Why do you have to call yourself a dyke? Why can't you be a nice lesbian?' 'Because I'm not a nice lesbian, I'm a big dyke!'
- They are preserving the sanctity of marriage, so that two gay men who've been together for twenty-five years can't get married, but a guy can still get drunk in Vegas and marry a hooker at the Elvis chapel! The sanctity of marriage is saved!
- What do you mean, you 'don't believe in homosexuality?' It's not like the Easter Bunny; your belief isn't necessary.
- In any marginalized community, whether people identify themselves or not affects us all.
- Somedays the line I walk turns out to be straight; other days the line tends to deviate.
- It's you straights who have all the special rights. You straights have the special right to marry. You straights have the special right to be in the military, go out on a date with the person you love, talk about it the next day, and not get kicked out for it. You straights have the special right not to be prevented from visiting your loved one in the hospital.... To say that gays and lesbians are asking for special rights is the height of lunacy.
- Elijah Elders
- I knew I was gay when I came out of my mothers womb. I looked back and thought 'I'm never going up one of those again'.
- If we're going to be killing people for their lifestyle, you or I may end up being dead tomorrow.
- Ron Gaither, uncle of fatal gay-bashing victim Billy Jack Gaither
- Our country is founded on a sham: our forefathers were slave-owning rich white guys who wanted it their way. So when I see the American flag, I go, 'Oh my God, you're insulting me.' That you can have a gay parade on Christopher Street in New York, with naked men and women on a float cheering, 'We're here, we're queer!' -- that's what makes my heart swell. Not the flag, but a gay naked man or woman burning the flag. I get choked up with pride.
- Anyone who thinks that love needs to be cured has not experienced enough of it in their own lives.
- Joan Garry
- Years and years I have fear'd the shame
- And the cruel speech of the world.
- But over our heads in the darkness now
- Is the banner of love unfurl'd,
- (Lean closer, cling to me, kiss my lips,
- Our love can despise the world.)
- Gabriel Gillet
- Love knows no gender.
- Hugh Goldring
- The more [gay people] are portrayed on screen as understandable human beings, the more threatening they seem off-screen. ...No one - whether supportive about gay rights or not - should confuse the fantasy tolerance of television with a culture in which gays are treated as equal citizens.
- Richard Goldstein
- We do not recruit. We can only impress.
- Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things: One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love.
- Butch Hancock
- One wedding cake designer I called said, 'We specialize in elaborate beautiful white flowers all over the cake.' So I said, 'I should tell you, this is for two men.' There was a slight pause and she said, 'I can put little baseball players all over it?'
- Mark Harris
- If AIDS is God's punishment for sex, why is a little piece of rubber so effective in avoiding it?
- Rev. Jim Huber
- This redneck came up to me and said, "What do you want me to call you? Queer? Fag? Homo?"
- I said, "You can call me... Paul Jacek."
- Paul Jacek
- Men and women, women and men. It will never work.
- My mother tells people, 'My daughter... is a comedian... and a lesbian. Both... at the same time.'
- Elvira Kurt
- Okay, yes, there is a homosexual agenda, okay? There's just two things on it:
- 1) don't get killed;
- 2) a decent brunch. That's it!
- Elvira Kurt
- If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.
- There is probably no heterosexual alive who is not preoccupied with his latent homosexuality.
- Doy gracias a Dios por ser gay.
- Translation: "I give thanks to God that I'm gay."
- Fr. José Mantero
- I wrote [a National Coming Out Day card] for myself... Mine would go,
- Roses are red,
- Violets are blue,
- I'm a lesbian,
- And so is Aunt Phyllis.
- Someday, I want to go to this town in Michigan called Dyke. Every year, all the women on their way to the Michigan Womyn's Festival make a pilgrimage to Dyke to have their picture taken at the Dyke city-limits sign... Apparently, the citizens of Dyke don't appreciate this yearly pilgrimage... If they don't want us to visit, just change the name of the town. Change it to "Uptight Straight White Guy" - we'll stay away.
- I was performing at a comedy club and when I said I'm a lesbian, a guy in the audience yelled out, "Can I watch?" I said, "Watch me what? Fix my car?"
- It always seemed to me a bit pointless to disapprove of homosexuality. It's like disapproving of rain.
- Francis Maude
- I love Christians who tell me something sweet and Christian, like, 'You're going to hell!' It's not hard for me to picture gay hell. 'The scorching wind from the fiery pit messed up my hair, there's no mousse? No blow-dryer? This is hell! There's nothing on TV but Hee Haw. My furniture is from Levitz! I'm living in a trailer park! Aaaah!'
- Danny McWilliams
- Wherever it has been established that it is shameful to be involved with sexual relationships with men, that is due to evil on the part of the rulers, and to cowardice on the part of the governed.
- [On whether ex-gays are really straight] Just because you sleep in a garage doesn't make you a car.
- Gary Rimar
- I read that a big earthen dyke crumbled in Utah. Don't laugh. I knew her.
- Karen Ripley
- I thank God for creating gay men. Because if it wasn't for them, us fat women would have no one to dance with.
- I do not impersonate females! How many women do you know who wear seven inch heels, four foot wigs, and skintight dresses?
- I spent my whole childhood going, "Oh my God... All right, fine. I may be attracted to women, but I can't be a lesbian. I like Laura Ashley polished cottons! And I throw like a girl! And I cry for no apparent reason all the time! Oh my God, I'm a gay man!"
- Vickie Shaw
- The church says we should get down on our knees and repent! Well, excuse me, but didn't being on my knees cause most of my sins?
- Gays started with the Renaissance. It was probably two gay guys at a party saying, 'Wouldn't it be fun to make religious paintings of hot naked guys, and sell them to churches? Oh, that would be a hoot!'
- I came out to my family on Thanksgiving. I said, mom, please pass the gravy to a homosexual. She passed it to my father. A terrible scene ensued.
- I came out to my sister, and she said, 'Oh my god, you're gay! Are you seeing a psychologist?' I answered, 'No, I'm seeing a schoolteacher.'
- I was raised Roman Catholic, and according to the Catholic Church it's okay to be homosexual, as long as you don't practice homosexuality. Which is interesting, because I think it's okay to be Catholic, so long as you don't practice Catholicism.
- My mom blames California for me being a lesbian. 'Everything was fine until you moved out there...' That's right, Mom; we have mandatory lesbianism and the Gay Patrol busted me, and I was given seven days to add a significant amount of flannel to my wardrobe...
- Coley Sohn
- You know, they say that marriage is reserved for only a man and a woman... I of all people know that simply does not work.
- [Pinky] said that I was a fairy, a weak person, and maybe didn't even deserve to live. OK, I'm not sure, but I think this means that me and Pinky, we're not best friends anymore.
- The pope runs all over the world condemning homosexuality, dressed in high drag. Now I ask you!
- If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. 'Hello, can't work today. Still queer.'
- If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. "Hello. Can't work today, still queer."
- In high school, while your children were doing what kids that ages should be doing, mine labored over a suicide note, drafting and redrafting it to be sure his family knew how much he loved them. My sobbing 17-year-old tore the heart out of me as he choked out that he just couldn't bear to continue living any longer, that he didn't want to be gay and that he couldn't face a life without dignity. You have the audacity to talk about protecting families and children from the homosexual menace, while you yourselves tear apart families and drive children to despair. I don't know why my son is gay, but I do know that God didn't put him, and millions like him, on this Earth to give you someone to abuse.
- Sharon Underwood
- I am comfortable with being gay. I'm just not comfortable with people knowing.
- If AIDS is a divine punishment does that make lesbians God's chosen people?
- The gay rights movement is not a party. It is not a lifestyle. It is not a hair style. It is not a fad or a fringe or a sickness. It is not about sin or salvation. The gay rights movement is an integral part of the American promise of freedom.
- Urvashi Vaid at the March on Washington, April 25, 1993
- Dear Abby: [upset because a gay couple has just moved in across the street.]
- How can we improve the quality of the neighbourhood?
- You could move.
- Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said that homosexuality "is a lifestyle I don't agree with." This is a trope you hear from the religious right a good deal... but it is a very odd thing to say. No one speaking rationally says, "I don't agree with the Pacific Ocean" or "I don't agree with the Grand Canyon."
- I said some things about homosexuals, particularly in the 60s when reporting about the popularity of discotheques, that I regret having said. Times are changing and we are learning that it is not a sickness, and frankly I never thought that it was. I said what was said to me as fact at that time. It's not a fact. It was damned stupid. We're all learning.
- "How did you first know you were gay? What did you feel?" "Apparently, another girl."
- Suzanne Westenhoefer
- I didn't choose to be gay; I was chosen! Are you serious? I get to be queer? Oh, thank you. I didn't even fill out the application, I am so thrilled. No, I did. I bought the ticket, I scratched it off... Look, I'm a lesbian! I won!
- Suzanne Westenhoefer
- If they don't want us in the military, then I say that straight men can't be florists and straight women can't be UPS drivers.
- It is for the teenagers who can be hours away from slitting their wrists that I am out.
- Courtney Wilson
- I feel sorry for Homophobic people in the U.S.A. because they all hide every time they look in the mirror.
- Alex Carter
- Unless we get medically lucky, in three or four years, one of the options discussed will be the extermination of homosexuals.
- Paul Cameron, commenting on AIDS in an address to the Conservative Political Action Conference (March 1985)
- Don't use the word "gay" unless it's an acronym for "Got Aids Yet?"
- Bob Dornan (Rep. R-CA)
- AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharoah's chariotters.
- AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
- Jerry Falwell (1993)
- Homosexuals are weak, morally sick wretches.
- Jesse Helms (Sen. R-NC)
- The New York Times and Washington Post are both infested with homosexuals themselves. Just about every person down there is a homosexual or lesbian.
- Jesse Helms (Sen. R-NC)
- If you got to castrate your miserable self with a piece of rusty barb wire, do it.
- Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptist Church)
- Hear the word of the LORD, America, fag-enablers are worse than the fags themselves, and will be punished in the everlasting lake of fire!
- Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptist Church)
- You telling these miserable, Hell-bound, bath house-wallowing, anal-copulating fags that God loves them!? You have bats in the belfry!
- Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptist Church)
- American Veterans are to blame for the fag takeover of this nation. They have the power in their political lobby to influence the zeitgeist, get the fags out of the military, and back in the closet where they belong!
- Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptist Church)
- Not only is homosexuality a sin, but anyone who supports fags is just as guilty as they are. You are both worthy of death.
- Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptist Church)
- [Homosexuals] want to come into churches and disrupt church services and throw blood all around and try to give people AIDS and spit in the face of ministers.
- Pat Robertson (Christian Coalition)
- If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual [Gay] sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything!
- Rick Santorum (Sen. R-PA)
- Oh, you're one of the sodomites. You should only get AIDS and die, you pig. How's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig. You got nothing better than to put me down, you piece of garbage. You have got nothing to do today, go eat a sausage and choke on it.
- Michael Savage (Savage Nation)
- I want to coin a phrase here, and I don't mind help. What would be the communication version of "ethnic cleansing?" Because that's what in particular the homosexual activists try to do.
- AIDS is a racial disease of Jews and Niggers, and fortunately it is wiping out the queers. I guess God hates queers for several reasons. There is one big reason to be against queers and that is because every time some white boy is seduced by a queer into becoming a queer, means his white bloodline has run out.
- Sodomy is a graver sin than murder. – Unless there is life there can be no murder.
- He drew a circle that shut me out
- Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
- But love and I had the wit to win.
- We drew a circle that took him in.
- Edwin Markham
- Every friend loves, but not all men
- Who love are friends. You'll find this true,
- Then, whomsoever you may love,
- Be his friend too.
- Marcus Valerius Martialis (Martial)
- A double brightness burned me: rays
- There were which travelled in the gaze
- Of that boy's eyes, the beams of Love;
- And others from the Sun above.
- And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
- Sweet boy, gentle boy,
- Don't be ashamed, you are mine forever:
- The same rebellious fire is in both of us,
- We are living one life.
- I am not afraid of mockery:
- Between us, the two have become one,
- We are precisely like a double nut
- Under a single shell.
- When she left, she wept
- a great deal; she said to me, "This parting must be
- endured, Sappho. I go unwillingly."
- I said, "Go, and be happy
- but remember (you know
- well) whom you leave shackled by love."
- [Advising his daughter on how to discourage a boy who likes her] "Six simple words: 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn'."
- Homer Simpson
- I like my beers cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals flaming.
- Homer Simpson
- Time to get Homer-erotic!
- Homer Simpson
- Of course! No one would marry the Earl of Doncaster! Except perhaps the Duke of Beauford.
- I'm the only gay in the village.
- Daffyd (Matt Lucas), Little Britain
- [to Dr. Laura] Get off the gay man's back and leave some room for me!
- Queer Duck
- Hetrosexuality doesn't really exist, folk are only straight by default!
- Any one that insults a homosexual or bisexual, is only hiding their own fear... that their so called "Friends" will hate them for it!
- [Ross browses ex-wife Carol and her partner Susan's apartment.]
- Ross: Wow, you guys sure have a lot of books about bein' a lesbian.
- Susan: Well, you know, you have to take a course. Otherwise, they don't let you do it.
- Jovi: You're fired, sacked, canned, you're getting the boot, your show is cancelled.
- Cyanne: You can't fire me, you're not my boss dyke!
- Jovi: My friend is, and you can't use people like you use drugs. Now go get help and shake all those demons out of your head. When you're better, then I'm willing to meet you half way, but until then get out. And dykes are for the Dutch, I'm a Lessssssbian, get it straight. (to Marisa) Can I have a double Espresso?
- Metropia; played by Zainab Musa, Kristin Fairlie, and Tracy Michailidis in order of mention
- Jack: For your information, most people who meet me do not know that I am gay.
- Will: Jack, blind and deaf people know you're gay. Dead people know you're gay.
- Jack: Grace, when you first met me, did you know I was gay?
- Grace: My dog knew.