|Search user languages|
Pages I've Created/Maintain
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- House (seasons: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
- How I Met Your Mother
- The Big Bang Theory
- The Flash
Templates I've Created
Things I do
- suggest quotes for Quote of the day
- now and then create pages and add quotes to existing pages
- Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein
- Quantum mechanics is certainly imposing. But an inner voice tells me that it is not yet the real thing. The theory says a lot, but does not really bring us any closer to the secret of the 'old one'. I, at any rate, am convinced that He does not throw dice. (God does not play dice with the universe). ~Albert Einstein
- Science seems irrelevant. Science can heal, or science can kill. It depends on the soul of the man using the science. It is the soul that interests me. ~Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca, Angels & Demons
- Do scientists really believe quarks and mesons inspire the average human being? Or that equations could replace someone's need for faith in the divine? ~Sylvie Baudeloque, Angels & Demons
- Who is this God science? Who is the God who offers his people power but no moral framework to tell you how to use that power? What kind of God gives a child fire but does not warn the child of its dangers? The language of science comes with no signposts about good and bad. Science textbooks tell us how to create a nuclear reaction, and yet they contain no chapter asking us if it is a good or a bad idea. ~Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca, Angels & Demons
- Who is more ignorant? The man who cannot define lightning, or the man who does not respect its awesome power? ~Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca, Angels & Demons
- Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? ~Juvenal
- Translation: Who will guard the guards?
- There are more things in heaven and earth, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. ~Hamlet, Act I, scene v
- A story is like a moving train: no matter where you get onboard, you're bound to reach your destination sooner or later. ~Khaled Hosseini, And the Mountains Echoed
- Then you shall judge yourself, that is the most difficult thing of all. It is much more difficult to judge oneself than to judge others. If you succeed in judging yourself rightly, then you are indeed a man of true wisdom. ~The King, The Little Prince
- Language is the source of misunderstandings. ~The Little Prince
- It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. ~The Fox, The Little Prince
- What makes the desert beautiful, is that somewhere it hides a well. ~The Little Prince, The Little Prince
- It's so mysterious, the land of tears. ~The Little Prince
- A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there. ~Charles Darwin
- People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. ~V for Vendetta
- Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
- Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to a new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. ~Flavia Weedn
- We wear the mask that grins and lies,
- It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
- This debt we pay to human guile;
- With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
- And mouth with myriad subtleties.
- Why should the world be over-wise,
- In counting all our tears and sighs?
- Nay, let them only see us, while
- We wear the mask.
- ~Paul Laurence Dunbar