Thomas and Friends
(Redirected from Clearwater Features)
- 1 Season 1
- 1.1 Thomas and Gordon/Thomas Gets Tricked
- 1.2 Edward and Gordon/Edward Helps Out
- 1.3 The Sad Story of Henry/Come Out, Henry!
- 1.4 Edward, Gordon, and Henry/Henry to the Rescue
- 1.5 Thomas' Train/A Big Day for Thomas
- 1.6 Thomas and the Trucks/Trouble For Thomas
- 1.7 Thomas and the Breakdown Train/Thomas Saves the Day
- 1.8 James and the Coaches/James Learns a Lesson
- 1.9 Troublesome Trucks/Foolish Freight Cars
- 1.10 James and the Express/A Proud Day for James
- 1.11 Thomas and the Guard/Thomas and the Conductor
- 1.12 Thomas Goes Fishing
- 1.13 Thomas, Terence, and the Snow/Terence the Tractor
- 1.14 Thomas and Bertie/Thomas and Bertie's Great Race
- 1.15 Tenders and Turntables
- 1.16 Trouble in the Shed
- 1.17 Percy Runs Away
- 1.18 Coal/Henry's Special Coal
- 1.19 The Flying Kipper
- 1.20 Whistles and Sneezes
- 1.21 Toby and the Stout Gentleman/Toby the Tram Engine
- 1.22 Thomas in Trouble/Thomas Breaks the Rules
- 1.23 Dirty Objects/James in a Mess
- 1.24 Off the Rails/Gordon Takes a Dip
- 1.25 Down the Mine
- 1.26 Thomas' Christmas Party
- 2 Season 2
- 2.1 Thomas, Percy, and the Coal/Double Trouble
- 2.2 Cows/A Cow on the Line
- 2.3 Bertie's Chase
- 2.4 Saved From Scrap
- 2.5 Old Iron
- 2.6 Thomas and Trevor/A New Friend for Thomas
- 2.7 Percy and the Signal
- 2.8 Duck Takes Charge
- 2.9 Percy and Harold/Percy Proves a Point
- 2.10 The Runaway
- 2.11 Percy Takes the Plunge
- 2.12 Pop Goes the Diesel
- 2.13 Dirty Work/Diesel's Devious Deed
- 2.14 A Close Shave (for Duck)
- 2.15 Better Late Than Never
- 2.16 Break Van/Donald and Douglas
- 2.17 The Deputation
- 2.18 Thomas Comes to Breakfast
- 2.19 Daisy
- 2.20 Percy's Predicament
- 2.21 The Diseasel
- 2.22 Wrong Road
- 2.23 Edward's Exploit
- 2.24 Ghost Train/Percy's Ghostly Trick
- 2.25 Woolly Bear
- 2.26 Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree
- 3 Season 3
- 3.1 A Scarf for Percy
- 3.2 Percy's Promise
- 3.3 Time For Trouble
- 3.4 Gordon and the Famous Visitor
- 3.5 Donald's Duck
- 3.6 Thomas Gets Bumped
- 3.7 Thomas, Percy and the Dragon
- 3.8 Diesel Does It Again
- 3.9 Henry's Forest
- 3.10 The Trouble With Mud
- 3.11 No Joke for James
- 3.12 Thomas, Percy and the Post Train/Thomas, Percy and the Mail Train
- 3.13 Trust Thomas
- 3.14 Mavis
- 3.15 Toby's Tightrope
- 3.16 Edward, Trevor, and the Really Useful Party
- 3.17 Buzz, Buzz/James Goes Buzz, Buzz
- 3.18 All at Sea
- 3.19 One Good Turn
- 3.20 Tender Engines
- 3.21 Escape
- 3.22 Oliver Owns Up
- 3.23 Bulgy
- 3.24 Heroes
- 3.25 Percy, James, and The Fruitful Day
- 3.26 Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure/Thomas and Percy's Mountain Adventure
- 4 Season 4
- 4.1 Granpuff
- 4.2 Sleeping Beauty
- 4.3 Bulldog
- 4.4 You Can't Win
- 4.5 Four Little Engines
- 4.6 A Bad Day for Sir Handel
- 4.7 Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady
- 4.8 Trucks/Rusty Helps Peter Sam
- 4.9 Home at Last
- 4.10 Rock 'n' Roll
- 4.11 Special Funnel
- 4.12 Steam Roller
- 4.13 Passengers and Polish
- 4.14 Gallant Old Engine
- 4.15 Rusty to the Rescue
- 4.16 Thomas and Stepney
- 4.17 Train Stops Play
- 4.18 Bowled Out
- 4.19 Henry and the Elephant
- 4.20 Toad Stands By
- 4.21 Bull's Eyes
- 4.22 Thomas and the Special Letter
- 4.23 Paint Pots and Queens/Thomas Meets the Queen
- 4.24 Fish
- 4.25 Special Attraction
- 4.26 Mind That Bike
- 5 Season 5
- 5.1 Cranky Bugs
- 5.2 Horrid Lorry
- 5.3 A Better View For Gordon
- 5.4 Lady Hatt's Birthday Party
- 5.5 James and the Trouble with Trees
- 5.6 Gordon and the Gremlin
- 5.7 Bye, George!
- 5.8 Baa!
- 5.9 Put Upon Percy
- 5.10 Toby and the Flood
- 5.11 Haunted Henry
- 5.12 Double Teething Troubles
- 5.13 Stepney Gets Lost
- 5.14 Toby's Discovery
- 5.15 Something in the Air
- 5.16 Thomas, Percy and Old Slowcoach
- 5.17 Thomas and the Rumors (Rumours)
- 5.18 Oliver's Find
- 5.19 Happy Ever After
- 5.20 Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday
- 5.21 A (Big) Surprise for Percy
- 5.22 Make Someone Happy
- 5.23 Busy Going Backwards
- 5.24 Duncan Gets Spooked
- 5.25 Snow
- 5.26 Rusty and the Boulder
- 6 Season 6
- 6.1 Salty's Secret
- 6.2 Harvey to the Rescue
- 6.3 No Sleep for Cranky
- 6.4 A Bad Day for Harold (the Helicopter)
- 6.5 Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry/Quarry Truck
- 6.6 The Fogman
- 6.7 Jack Jumps In
- 6.8 A Friend in Need
- 6.9 It's Only Snow
- 6.10 Twin Trouble
- 6.11 The World's Strongest Engine
- 6.12 Scaredy Engines
- 6.13 Percy and the Haunted Mine
- 6.14 Middle Engine
- 6.15 James and the Red Balloon
- 6.16 Jack Frost
- 6.17 Gordon Takes a Tumble
- 6.18 Percy's Chocolate Crunch
- 6.19 Buffer Bother
- 6.20 Toby Had a Little Lamb
- 6.21 Thomas, Percy and the Squeak
- 6.22 Thomas (and) the Jet Engine
- 6.23 Edward the Very Useful Engine/Edward the Really Useful Engine
- 6.24 Dunkin' Duncan
- 6.25 Rusty Saves the Day
- 6.26 Faulty Whistles
- 7 Season 7
- 7.1 Emily's New Coaches
- 7.2 Percy Gets it Right
- 7.3 Bill, Ben and Fergus
- 7.4 The Old (Iron) Bridge
- 7.5 Edward's Brass Band
- 7.6 What's the Matter with Henry?
- 7.7 James and the Queen of Sodor
- 7.8 The Refreshment Lady's Tea Shop/The Refreshment Lady's Stand
- 7.9 The Spotless Record
- 7.10 Toby's Windmill/Toby and the Windmill
- 7.11 Bad Day at Castle Loch
- 7.12 Rheneas and the Roller Coaster
- 7.13 Salty's Stormy Tale
- 7.14 (Oliver the) Snow Engine
- 7.15 Something Fishy
- 7.16 The Runaway Elephant
- 7.17 Peace and Quiet
- 7.18 Fergus Breaks the Rules/Thomas and the Search for Fergus
- 7.19 Bulgy Rides Again
- 7.20 Harold and the Flying Horse
- 7.21 The Grand Opening
- 7.22 Best Dressed Engine
- 7.23 Gordon and Spencer
- 7.24 Not So Hasty Puddings/Cakes
- 7.25 Trusty Rusty
- 7.26 Three Cheers/Hooray for Thomas
- 8 Season 8
- 8.1 Thomas and the Tuba
- 8.2 Percy's New Whistle
- 8.3 Thomas to the Rescue
- 8.4 Henry and the Wishing Tree
- 8.5 James Gets a New Coat
- 8.6 Thomas Saves the Day
- 8.7 Percy's Big Mistake
- 8.8 Thomas, Emily and the Snowplough
- 8.9 Don't Tell Thomas
- 8.10 Emily's New Route
- 8.11 Thomas and the Firework Display
- 8.12 Gordon Takes Charge
- 8.13 Spic and Span
- 8.14 Edward the Great
- 8.15 Squeak, Rattle and Roll
- 8.16 Thomas and the Circus
- 8.17 Thomas Gets It Right
- 8.18 As Good as Gordon
- 8.19 Fish
- 8.20 Emily's Adventure
- 8.21 Halloween
- 8.22 You Can Do it, Toby!
- 8.23 Chickens to School
- 8.24 Too Hot for Thomas
- 8.25 James Goes Too Far
- 8.26 Percy and the Magic Carpet
- 9 Season 9
- 9.1 Percy and the Oil Painting
- 9.2 Thomas and the Rainbow
- 9.3 Molly's Special Special
- 9.4 Thomas' Milkshake Muddle
- 9.5 Mighty Mac
- 9.6 Thomas and the Toy Shop
- 9.7 Respect for Gordon
- 9.8 Thomas and the Birthday Picnic
- 9.9 Tuneful Toots
- 9.10 Rheneas and the Dinosaur
- 9.11 Thomas and the New Engine
- 9.12 Toby Feels Left Out
- 9.13 Thomas Tries His Best
- 9.14 The Magic Lamp
- 9.15 Thomas and the Statue
- 9.16 Henry and the Flagpole
- 9.17 Emily Knows Best
- 9.18 Thomas' Day Off
- 9.19 Thomas' New Trucks
- 9.20 Duncan and the Old Mine
- 9.21 Bold and Brave
- 9.22 Skarloey the Brave
- 9.23 Saving Edward
- 9.24 Thomas and the Golden Eagle
- 9.25 Keeping up with James
- 9.26 Flour Power
- 10 Season 10
- 10.1 Follow that Flour
- 10.2 A Smooth Ride
- 10.3 Thomas and the Jet Plane
- 10.4 Percy and the Funfair/Carnival
- 10.5 The Green Controller
- 10.6 Duncan Drops a Clanger
- 10.7 Thomas' Tricky Tree
- 10.8 Toby's Afternoon Off
- 10.9 It's Good to be Gordon
- 10.10 Seeing the Sights
- 10.11 Fearless Freddie
- 10.12 Toby's New Shed
- 10.13 Edward Strikes Out
- 10.14 Topped Off Thomas
- 10.15 Which Way Now?
- 10.16 Thomas and the Shooting Star
- 10.17 Big Strong Henry
- 10.18 Sticky Toffee/Taffy Thomas
- 10.19 Wharf and Peace
- 10.20 Thomas' Frosty Friend
- 10.21 Emily and the Special Coaches/Cars
- 10.22 Thomas and the Colours/Colors
- 10.23 Thomas and the Birthday Mail
- 10.24 Duncan's Bluff
- 10.25 Missing Trucks/(Freight) Cars
- 10.26 Thomas and the Treasure
- 10.27 James the Second Best
- 10.28 Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out
- 11 Season 11
- 11.1 Thomas and the Storyteller
- 11.2 Emily's Rubbish/Emily and the Garbage
- 11.3 Dream On
- 11.4 Dirty Work
- 11.5 Hector the Horrid!
- 11.6 Gordon and the Engineer/Mechanic
- 11.7 Thomas and the Spaceship
- 11.8 Henry's Lucky Day
- 11.9 Thomas and the Lighthouse
- 11.10 Thomas and the Big Bang
- 11.11 Smoke and Mirrors
- 11.12 Thomas Sets Sail
- 11.13 Don't be Silly, Billy
- 11.14 Edward and the Mail
- 11.15 Hide and Peep
- 11.16 Toby's Triumph
- 11.17 Thomas and the Runaway Car
- 11.18 Thomas in Trouble
- 11.19 Thomas and the Stinky Cheese
- 11.20 Percy and the Left Luggage/Baggage
- 11.21 Duncan Does it All
- 11.22 Sir Handel in Charge
- 11.23 Cool Truckings
- 11.24 Ding-a-Ling
- 11.25 Skarloey Storms Through
- 11.26 Wash Behind Your Buffers
- 12 Season 12
- 12.1 Thomas and the Billboard
- 12.2 Steady Eddie
- 12.3 Rosie's Funfair/Carnival Special
- 12.4 Mountain Marvel
- 12.5 Henry Gets It Wrong
- 12.6 Heave Ho Thomas!
- 12.7 Toby's Special Surprise
- 12.8 Excellent Emily
- 12.9 The Party Surprise
- 12.10 Saved You!
- 12.11 Duncan and the Hot Air Balloon
- 12.12 James Works It Out
- 12.13 Tram Trouble
- 12.14 Don't Go Back
- 12.15 Gordon Takes a Shortcut
- 12.16 The Man in the Hills
- 12.17 Thomas Puts the Brakes On
- 12.18 Percy and the Bandstand
- 12.19 Push Me, Pull You
- 12.20 Best Friends
- 13 Season 13
- 13.1 Creaky Cranky
- 13.2 The Lion of Sodor
- 13.3 Tickled Pink
- 13.4 Double Trouble
- 13.5 Slippy Sodor
- 13.6 The Early Bird
- 13.7 Play Time
- 13.8 Thomas and the Pigs
- 13.9 Time For a Story
- 13.10 Percy's Parcel
- 13.11 Toby's New Whistle
- 13.12 A Blooming Mess
- 13.13 Thomas and the Runaway Kite
- 13.14 Steamy Sodor
- 13.15 Splish, Splash, Splosh!
- 13.16 The Biggest Present of All
- 13.17 Snow Tracks
- 13.18 Henry's Good Deeds
- 13.19 Buzzy Bees
- 13.20 Hiro Helps Out
- 14 Season 14
- 15 Season 15
- 16 Season 16
- 17 Season 17
- 18 Season 18
- 19 Season 19
- 20 Specials
- 21 Storytellers
- 22 See also
- 23 External links
Thomas and Gordon/Thomas Gets Tricked
- Narrator: Thomas is a tank engine who lives at the big station on the Island of Sodor. He's a cheeky little engine with six small wheels, a short stumpy funnel, a short stumpy boiler, and a short stumpy dome.
- Thomas: [taken through Gordon's fast ride] Beep! Beep! Stop! Stop!
- Gordon: Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!
- Coaches: You can't get away! You can't get away!
Edward and Gordon/Edward Helps Out
- Trucks: [after Edward bumps them] OOH! Whatever is happening?!
- [Gordon refuses to go up the hill]
- Driver: You're not trying.
- Gordon: I can't do it! The noisy trucks hold an engine back so!
- Narrator: Edward's driver came up.
- Edward's Driver: We've come to push.
- Gordon: No use at all!
- Edward's Driver: You wait and see.
The Sad Story of Henry/Come Out, Henry!
- Henry: [hides in a tunnel] The rain will spoil my lovely green paint and red stripes.
- Narrator: Everyone pulled except the Fat Controller, because...
- The Fat Controller: Ahem! My doctor has forbidden me to pull.
- Narrator: But still, Henry stayed in the tunnel. Then they tried pushing from the other end. The Fat Controller said...
- The Fat Controller: 1, 2, 3, PUSH!!
- Narrator: But he didn't help.
- The Fat Controller: My doctor has forbidden me to push.
Edward, Gordon, and Henry/Henry to the Rescue
- Gordon: I'm going to "Boop-Boop!" at Henry!
- [he nears the tunnel, until his safety valve bursts, causing him to slow down, and then stops]
- Gordon: What has happened to me?! I feel so weak!
- Driver: You burst your safety valve. You can't pull the train anymore!
- Gordon: Oh, dear! We were going so nicely, too! And look! There's Henry laughing at me!
- [Gordon notices Edward approaching the coaches]
- Gordon: Hmph! That's no use. Edward can't push the train!
- [Edward pushes as hard as possible, but the coaches are too heavy]
- Gordon: I told you so! Why not let Henry try?
- The Fat Controller: Yes! I will!
Thomas' Train/A Big Day for Thomas
- Thomas: I spend my time pulling coaches about, ready for you to take out on journeys!
- Narrator: The other engines laughed.
- Thomas: Why can't I pull passenger trains, too?!
- Henry, Edward, and Gordon: You're too impatient. You'd be sure to leave something behind.
- Thomas: Rubbish! I'll show you!
- Signalman: Hello, Thomas. What are you doing here?
- Thomas: I'm pulling a train. Can't you see?
- Signalman: Where are your coaches, then?
- [Thomas looks back in shock]
- Thomas: Why, bless me! If we haven't left them behind!
- Signalman: Yes. You'd better go back quickly and fetch them.
Thomas and the Trucks/Trouble For Thomas
- Thomas: I'm tired of pushing coaches. I want to see the world!
- The Fat Controller: What are you doing here, Thomas?
- Thomas: I brought Edward's trucks.
- The Fat Controller: Why did you come so fast?
- Thomas: I didn't mean to. I was pushed!
- The Fat Controller: You've got a lot to learn about trucks, Thomas. After pushing them about here for a few weeks, you'll know almost as much about them as Edward. Then you'll be a really useful engine.
Thomas and the Breakdown Train/Thomas Saves the Day
- The Fat Controller: Hello! Remember, don't be impatient, Thomas. You can never be as strong and fast as Gordon, but you can be a really useful engine. Don't let the silly trucks tease you.
- Thomas: [pushes the breakdown train to the scene of James' accident] Bother those trucks and their tricks! I hope poor James isn't hurt.
James and the Coaches/James Learns a Lesson
- The Fat Controller: If you can't behave, I shall take away your red coat, and have you painted blue.
- Narrator: James didn't like that at all.
- [after James stops all of a sudden]
- James: What's the matter?
- Driver: The brakes are on. Leak in the pipe, most likely. You've banged the coaches enough to make a leak in anything!
- [he and the guard inspect the damage]
- Guard: How shall we mend it?
- Driver: We'll do it with newspaper and a leather bootlace.
- Guard: But where is the bootlace coming from?
- Driver: Ask the passengers!
- [the guard turns to the passengers]
- Guard: [to a smartly-dressed passenger] You have a leather bootlace there. Please give it to me.
- Passenger: I won't!
- Guard: Then I'm afraid the train will just stop where it is.
Troublesome Trucks/Foolish Freight Cars
- The Fat Controller: I see you are sorry, James. I hope now that you will be a better engine. You have given me a lot of trouble. People are laughing at my railway, and I don't like that at all.
- James: I'm very sorry, Sir. I will try hard to behave.
- The Fat Controller: That's a good engine! I want you to pull some trucks for me.
- The Fat Controller: I was in Edward's train, and I saw everything. You've made the most troublesome trucks on the line behave. After that performance, you deserve to keep your red coat!
James and the Express/A Proud Day for James
- Gordon: Wake up, James! It's time for the express! What are you doing? Odd jobs? Ah, well. We all have to begin somewhere. Don't we? Run along and get my coaches. Don't be late!
- [Gordon tries to sneak into Knapford Station undetected]
- James: Hello, Gordon. Is it tomorrow?
- [Gordon only lets of a feeble puff of steam]
- James: Did you lose your way, Gordon?
- Gordon: No. It was lost for me. I was switched off the main line onto the loop. I had to go all around and back again!
- James: Perhaps it was instinct!
- [the angry passengers shout at the ticket window]
- Passengers: We want our money back!
- [the Fat Controller climbs onto a cart and blows the guard's whistle loud enough to attract the passengers' attention]
Thomas and the Guard/Thomas and the Conductor
- (Henry arrives at the station late)
- Thomas: Where have you been, lazybones?!
- Henry: Oh, dear. My system is out of order. No one understands my case. You don't know what I suffer!
- Thomas: Rubbish! You're too slow! You need exercise.
- Thomas: Peep! Peep! Peep! Where is the guard?!
- Annie and Clarabel: We've left him behind!
Thomas Goes Fishing
- Thomas: I want to fish!
- James: Engines don't go fishing!
- Thomas: Silly stick-in-the-muds!
- [the Fat Controller looks into Thomas' tank]
- The Fat Controller: Inspector, can you see... fish?! Gracious, goodness me! How did the fish get there, Driver?!
- Driver: We must've fished them from the river with our bucket.
- The Fat Controller: Well, Thomas, so you and your Driver have been fishing. But fish don't suit you. We must get them out!
- [everyone takes turns at fishing in Thomas' tank; after all fish have been caught, they have a picnic supper of fish and chips]
- The Fat Controller: [finishes meal] MMM! That was good! But fish don't suit you, Thomas, so you mustn't do it again.
- Thomas: No, Sir, I won't. Engines don't go fishing. It's too uncomfortable!
Thomas, Terence, and the Snow/Terence the Tractor
- Terence: Hello! I'm Terence. I'm plowing.
- Thomas: I'm Thomas. I'm pulling a train. What ugly wheels you've got!
- Terence: They're not ugly. They're caterpillars! I can go anywhere. I don't need rails.
- Thomas: I don't want to go anywhere. I like my rails. Thank you.
- Thomas: [stuck in the snow] Oh, my wheels and coupling rods! I shall have to stop here till I'm frozen! What a silly engine I am!
Thomas and Bertie/Thomas and Bertie's Great Race
- Thomas: Hello! Who are you?
- Bertie: I'm Bertie. Who are you?
- Thomas: I'm Thomas. I run this Branch Line.
- Bertie: So you're Thomas. Ah! I remember now! You got stuck in the snow. I took your passengers, and Terence the Tractor pulled you out. I've come to help you with your passengers today.
- Thomas: Help me?! I can go faster than you!
- Bertie: You can't.
- Thomas: I can!
- Bertie: I'll race you!
- Stationmaster: Are you ready?! GO!
- [after the race]
- Bertie: Well done, Thomas! That was fun! But to beat you over that hill, I should have to grow wings and be an airplane.
Tenders and Turntables
- Gordon: You don't understand, little Thomas. We tender engines have a position to keep up. It doesn't matter where you go, but we are important. And for the Fat Controller to make us do shunting, fetch coaches, and go on some of those dirty sidings, it's... It's... Well, it's not the proper thing!
- Henry: It's shameful to treat tender engines like this, Gordon has to go backwards and people think he's a tank engine, James spins around like a top and everyone laughs at us! And to add to that, the Fat Controller makes us all shunt in dirty sidings!
- Gordon: UGH! Listen!
- Narrator: He whispered something to the others.
- Gordon: We'll do it tomorrow. The Fat Controller will look silly.
- Narrator: The engines had decided to go on strike.
Trouble in the Shed
- The Fat Controller: Come along, Henry. It's time your train was ready.
- Gordon: Henry's not going! We won't shunt like common tank engines. That was Thomas' job! We are important tender engines! You fetch our coaches, and we will pull them. Tender engines don't shunt!
- The Fat Controller: We'll see about that. No engine on my railway is too important for small jobs.
- [he gets into his car and drives off to get Edward]
- The Fat Controller: The yard has never been the same since Thomas left to run his branch line.
- The Fat Controller: Bless me! What a noise!
- Edward: They all hissed me, Sir. They say tender engines don't shunt, and last night, they said I have black wheels! I haven't, have I, Sir?
- The Fat Controller: No, Edward. You have nice, blue ones, and I'm proud of you. Tender engines do shunt. But all the same, we do need another tank engine here.
Percy Runs Away
- Gordon: [approaches Percy] Ohhhh!! GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!
- Gordon: [helps Percy out of the earth bank] Well done, Percy! You started so quickly that you stopped a nasty accident!
- Percy: I'm sorry I was cheeky.
- Gordon: You were clever to stop.
Coal/Henry's Special Coal
- Henry: I suffer dreadfully, and no one cares.
- James: Rubbish, Henry! You don't work hard enough!
- The Fat Controller: How are you, Henry?
- Henry: Beep-Beep-Beep! I feel fine!
- The Fat Controller: Have you a good fire, Driver?
- Driver: Never better, Sir, and plenty of steam.
- The Fat Controller: No record breaking. Don't push him too hard.
- Driver: Henry won't need pushing, Sir. I'll have to hold him back.
The Flying Kipper
- Henry: [pulls out of the harbor] Come on! Come on! Don't be silly! Don't be silly!
- Vans: Trickety-trock! Trickety-trock! All right! All right!
- Henry: That's better. That's better.
- [after the accident]
- Henry: The signal was down, Sir.
- The Fat Controller: Cheer up, Henry. It wasn't your fault. Ice and snow caused the accident. I'm sending you to Crewe, a fine place for sick engines. They'll give you a new shape and a larger firebox. You'll feel a different engine, and you won't need special coal anymore. Won't that be nice?
- Henry: [doubtful] Yes, sir.
Whistles and Sneezes
- Gordon: Why should Henry have a new shape? A shape good enough for me is good enough for him. He goes gallivanting off to Crewe, leaving us to do his work, and comes back saying how happy he feels. It's disgraceful! And there's another thing: Henry whistles too much! No respectable engine ever whistles loudly at stations. It isn't wrong, but we just don't do it!
- Driver: Henry has plenty of ashes. Please keep all windows shut till we pass the bridge. Henry's as excited as we are. Aren't you, old fellow?
- Narrator: Henry was feeling "stuffed-up".
Toby and the Stout Gentleman/Toby the Tram Engine
- Henrietta: Hip-Hip-Hooray!
- Narrator: But Toby didn't sing.
- Toby: Electric, indeed. Electric, indeed!
- Grandchildren: Come on, Grandfather! Do look at this engine.
- The Fat Controller: That's a tram engine, Stephen.
- Bridget: Is it electric?
- Toby: [angrily] WHOOSH!!
- Stephen: Shh! You've offended him!
- Bridget: But trams are electric, aren't they?
- The Fat Controller: They are mostly, but this is a steam tram.
- Stephen and Bridget: May we go in it, Grandfather? Please?
- The Fat Controller: [to the guard] STOP!
Thomas in Trouble/Thomas Breaks the Rules
- Policeman: Engines going on public roads must have their wheels covered and a cowcatcher in front to protect people and animals from being dragged under the wheels if they stray onto the line. [directly to Thomas] You haven't, so you are dangerous!
- Driver: Rubbish! We've been along here hundreds of times and never had an accident!
- Policeman: That makes it worse.
- [he writes "Regular Law Breaker" in his notebook as Thomas exits]
- Narrator: At the station, Thomas' driver told the Fat Controller what had happened.
- The Fat Controller: Dangerous to the public, indeed! We'll see about that!
- Narrator: The Fat Controller spoke to the Policeman. But however much he argued with him, it was no good.
- Policeman: The law is the law, and we can't change it.
- Narrator: The Fat Controller felt exhausted.
- The Fat Controller: I'm sorry, Driver. It's no use arguing with policemen. We will have to make those "cowcatcher" things for Thomas, I suppose.
- Thomas: Everyone will laugh, Sir! They'll say I look like a tram!
- Narrator: The Fat Controller stared, then he laughed.
- The Fat Controller: Well done, Thomas! Why didn't I think of it before?! We need a tram engine! When I was on my holiday, I met a nice little engine called Toby. He takes trucks from the farms, but the lorries are taking over most of his work and he needs a change. He has cowcatchers and sideplates. I'll write to his controller at once.
Dirty Objects/James in a Mess
- James: [eyes Toby and Henrietta] Yecch! What dirty objects!
- Toby: [offended] James, why are you red?
- James: I am a splendid engine. Ready for anything. You never see my paint dirty.
- Toby: Oh! That's why you once needed bootlaces, to be ready, I suppose.
- Toby: Look here, Percy! Whatever is that dirty object?
- Percy: That's James. Didn't you know?
- Toby: It's James' shape. But James is a splendid red engine, and you never see his paint dirty.
- Narrator: James pretended he hadn't heard.
Off the Rails/Gordon Takes a Dip
- Gordon: [in his sleep] It's really tiring to be such a large and splendid engine. One does have to keep up appearances so.
- [Henry shows up unexpectedly]
- Henry: Beep-Beep-Beep-Beep! Hello, lazybones!
- Gordon: What cheek! That Henry is too big for his wheels. Fancy speaking to me like that. Me, who has never had an accident!
- Percy: Aren't jammed whistles and burst safety valves accidents?
- Gordon: No, indeed! High spirits-- Might happen to any engine. But to come off the rails like Henry did, well I ask you, is that right? Is it decent?!
- The Fat Controller: [on the phone] So Gordon didn't want to take the special train and ran into a ditch?! What's that you say? The special's waiting? Tell Edward to take it, please. And Gordon, leave him where he is. We'll get him out later.
Down the Mine
- Thomas: PHEW! What a funny smell! Can you smell a smell?
- Annie: I can't smell a smell.
- Thomas: A funny, musty sort of smell.
- Gordon: No one noticed it 'til you did. It must be yours.
- Narrator: Not long ago, he had fallen into a dirty ditch. Thomas enjoyed teasing him about it.
- Thomas: Annie, Clarabel, do you know what I think it is? It's ditch water!
- Thomas: [after falling down the mine] Fire and smoke! I'm sunk! Oh, dear! I am a silly engine!
- The Fat Controller: [smiles] And a very naughty one, too. I saw you.
- Thomas: Please get me out. I won't do it again.
- The Fat Controller: I'm not sure. We can't lift you out with a crane. The ground's not firm enough. Hmm... Let me see... I wonder if Gordon could pull you out?
- Thomas: [nervously] Yes, Sir.
Thomas' Christmas Party
- Annie and Clarabel: It's always the same before Christmas. We feel so full! We feel so full!
- Thomas: Oh, come on! Where's your festive spirit? Christmas Day is almost here!
- Gordon: Ha! Just look at us. Your driver will have to work fast to get you as smart as us.
- Thomas: Never mind that. I have something important to say. Do you realize it's been a whole year since Mrs. Kyndley saved us from a nasty accident?
- [he has a flashback of what happened]
- Thomas: You remember, when she was ill and bed, and...?
- Edward: Yes, of course. You told us how she waved her red dressing gown out of her window to warn you about a landslide ahead.
- Percy: And you and Toby gave her presents. And the Fat Controller sent her to Bournemouth to get better.
- James: But...
- Henry: The rest of us never thanked her properly.
- Thomas: Exactly! So, now I think we should all give her a special Christmas party.
Thomas, Percy, and the Coal/Double Trouble
- Percy: Hello, Thomas! You look splendid!
- Thomas: Yes, indeed! Blue is the only proper color for an engine.
- Toby: Oh, I don't know. I like my brown paint.
- Percy: I've always been green. I wouldn't wanna be any other color, either.
- Thomas: Well, well, anyway, blue is the only color for a really useful engine. Everyone knows that!
- [he huffs away]
- Narrator: Percy said no more. He just grinned at Toby.
- Thomas: [watches the hopper load coal into Percy's trucks] Careful. Watch out with those silly trucks!
- Trucks: Go on! Go on! Go on!
- Thomas: And by the way, those buffers don't look very safe to me!
- [Percy accidentally hits said buffers]
- [the last load of coal pours down on Thomas]
- Thomas: HELP!!! I'M CHOKING!! Get me out!
- Narrator: Percy was worried, but he couldn't help laughing. Thomas' smart blue paint was covered in coal dust, from smoke-box to bunker.
- Percy: Ha-ha! You don't look really useful now, Thomas. You look really disgraceful!
- Thomas: I'm not disgraceful! You did that on purpose! GET ME OUT!!
Cows/A Cow on the Line
- [after hearing about Edward's problem with his trucks]
- Gordon: Fancy allowing cows to break your train!
- Henry: They wouldn't dare do that to us. We'd show them!
- [as Edward arrives, Toby also shows up, very cross]
- Toby: You couldn't help it, Edward. They've never met cows. I have, and I know the trouble they are!
- [Henry finds Gordon on the bridge, where Bluebell is blocking his way]
- Henry: What's this? A cow?! I'll soon settle her. Be off! Be off!
- Bluebell: Moo!
- Narrator: Henry backed away nervously.
- Henry: I don't want to hurt her.
- Edward: Beep! Beep! We're late! Where's Thomas?! He doesn't usually make us wait!
- Fireman: [sings] Oh, dear. What can the matter be? Johnny's so long, and...
- Driver: Never you mind about Johnny! Just you climb on the cab and look for Thomas.
- [the fireman climbs on top of Edward's cab]
- Driver: Can you see him?
- Fireman: No. There's Bertie Bus in a tearing hurry. No need to bother with him, though. Likely, he's on a coach tour or something.
- Bertie: [to the passengers, after his second attempt to catch up to Edward has failed] I'm sorry.
- Passengers: Never mind. After him quickly. Third time lucky, you know. [to the driver] Do you think we'll catch him at the next station, Driver?
- Driver: There's a good chance. Our road keeps close to the line, and we can climb hills better than Edward. I'll just make sure.
- Narrator: He spoke to the stationmaster. Bertie and the passengers waited impatiently.
- Driver: Yes! We'll do it this time!
- Passengers: Hooray!
Saved From Scrap
- Edward: Hello! You're not broken and rusty. What are you doing here?
- Trevor: I'm Trevor. They're going to break me up next week.
- Edward: What a shame!
- Trevor: My driver says I only need some paint, polish, and oil to be as good as new, but my master says I'm old-fashioned.
- Edward: People say I'm old-fashioned, but I don't care. The Fat Controller says I'm a useful engine. What work did you do?
- Trevor: My master would send us from farm to farm. We threshed corn, hauled logs, and did lots of other work. The children loved to see us. [shuts his eyes] Oh, yes. I like children.
- Vicar: Hello, Edward. You look upset. [to the driver] What's the matter, Charlie?
- Driver: There's a traction engine in the scrap yard, Vicar. He'll be broken up next week. Jem Cole says he never drove a better engine.
- Edward: Do save him, sir. He saws wood and gives children rides!
- Vicar: We'll see.
- James: Edward is impossible! He clanks about like a lot of old iron, and he is so slow, he makes us wait!
- Narrator: Thomas and Percy were indignant.
- Percy: Old iron?! Slow?!
- Thomas: Why, Edward could beat you in a race any day!
- James: Really?! I should like to see him do it!
- Signalman: [to the fireman] Two boys were on James' footplate, fiddling with the controls.
- Fireman: Whew.
- Signalman: They tumbled off and ran when James started.
- [the phone rings; the signalman picks up]
- Signalman: Yes. He's here. Right. I'll tell him. [to the fireman again] The inspector's coming at once. He wants a shunter's pole and a coil of wire rope.
- Fireman: What for?
- Signalman: Search me. But you'd better get them quickly.
Thomas and Trevor/A New Friend for Thomas
- Trevor: I do like to keep busy all the time, and I do like company. Especially children's company.
- Edward: Cheer up. The Fat Controller has work for you at his new harbor. I'm to take you to meet Thomas today.
- Trevor: Oh! The harbor! The seaside! Children! That will be lovely!
- Thomas: Now I understand how useful a traction engine can be.
Percy and the Signal
- Inspector: Show a wheel, James. You can't stay here all day.
- James: The Fat Controller told me to stay here. He sent a message this morning.
- Inspector: He did not. How could he? He's away for a week.
- James: Oh. Oh! Where's Percy?!
- Narrator: Percy had wisely disappeared.
- Percy: I say, you engines, I'm to take some trucks to Thomas' junction. The Fat Controller chose me especially. He must know I'm a really useful engine.
- James: More likely, he wants you out of the way.
- [Gordon looks across to him]
- Gordon: James and I were just speaking about signals at the junction. We can't be too careful about signals, but then, I needn't say that to a really useful engine like you, Percy.
- James: We had spoken of backing signals. They need extra special care, you know. Would you like me to explain?
- Percy: No, thank you, James. I know all about signals.
Duck Takes Charge
- The Fat Controller: Hello, Percy. You look tired.
- Percy: Yes, Sir. I am, Sir. I don't know if I'm standing on my dome or on my wheels!
- The Fat Controller: You look the right way up to me. Cheer up! The new engine is bigger than you, and can probably do the work alone. Would you like to help build my new harbor? Thomas and Toby will help, too.
- Percy: Oh, yes, Sir! Thank you, Sir!
- The Fat Controller: [to the bigger engines, who are whistling impatiently] Stop that noise!
- Gordon: They won't let us in!
- The Fat Controller: Duck, explain this behavior.
- Duck: Beg pardon, Sir, but I'm a Great Western Engine. We do our work without fuss. But begging your pardon, Sir, Percy and I would be glad if you would inform these engines that we only take orders from you.
- [the other engines furiously blow their whistles again]
- The Fat Controller: SILENCE!!! Percy and Duck, I'm pleased with your work today, but not with your behavior tonight. You have caused a disturbance. [to the big engines] As for you, you've been worse! You made the disturbance! Duck is quite right. This is my railway, and I give the orders!
Percy and Harold/Percy Proves a Point
- Percy: Hello. Who are you?
- Harold: I'm Harold. Who are you?
- Percy: I'm Percy. What whirly great arms you've got!
- Harold: They're nice arms. I can hover like a bird. Don't you wish you could hover?
- Percy: Certainly not. I like my rails, thank you.
- Harold: I think railways are slow. They're not much use, and quite out of date.
- Percy: I say, Toby, that Harold, that stuck-up whirly-bird thing, says I'm slow and out of date! Just let him wait! I'll show him!
- Annie and Clarabel: [about Duck] Such nice manners. It really is a pleasure to go out with him.
- Harold: [after Thomas has finally stopped] Think nothing of it. Glad to be of service. Anytime!
- Inspector: Thomas, we must never let this happen again.
- Narrator: Wearily, Thomas agreed with him.
Percy Takes the Plunge
- Henry: [to the engines beside Percy] What are you engines doing here?! This shed is for the Fat Controller's engines. Go away! [to himself] Silly things.
- [the engines leave]
- Percy: They're not silly!
- Henry: They are silly, and so are you. [mocks] "Water's nothing to an engine with determination." Ha!
- Percy: Anyway, I'm not afraid of water. I like it! [sings as he leaves]
- Once an engine attached to a train
- was afraid of a few drops of rain.
- Henry: No one ever lets me forget the time I wouldn't come out of the tunnel in case the rain spoiled my paint.
- Henry: [about to take Percy to the engine works] Well, well, well. Did you like the water?
- Percy: No!
- Henry: I am surprised. You need more determination, Percy. Water's nothing to an engine with determination, you know. Perhaps you will like it better next time.
- Narrator: Percy is quite determined that there won't be a "next time"!
Pop Goes the Diesel
- Trucks: [groan while Diesel tries pulling them] We can't! We won't!
- Trucks: [sing at Diesel]
- Trucks are waiting in the yard,
- tackling them with ease'll.
- Show the world what I can do.
- Gaily boasts the Diesel.
- In and out, he creeps about,
- like a big black weasel.
- When he pulls the wrong trucks out
- "POP!" goes the Diesel!
Dirty Work/Diesel's Devious Deed
- Duck: Shut up! [bumps the noisy trucks hard] I'm sorry our trucks were rude to you, Diesel.
- Narrator: Diesel was still furious.
- Diesel: It's all your fault. You made them laugh at me.
- Henry: Nonsense! Duck would never do that. We engines have our differences but we never talk about them to the trucks. That would be dis-dis...
- Gordon: Disgraceful!
- James: Disgusting!
- Henry: Despicable!
- [Duck arrives at Tidmouth Sheds, only to get blockaded by the 3 big engines]
- Gordon, James, and Henry: [let off a lot of steam] WHOOSH!!!!!
- James: Keep out!
- Duck: Stop fooling! I'm tired!
- Gordon, James, and Henry: So are we. We're tired of you. We like Diesel. We don't like you. You tell tales about us to the trucks.
- Duck: I don't!
- Gordon, James, and Henry: You do!
- Duck: I don't!
- Gordon, James, and Henry: You DO!
- [the Fat Controller enters the scene]
- Gordon: Duck called me a galloping sausage!
- James: Rusty red scrap iron!
- Henry: I'm old square wheels!
- The Fat Controller: Well, Duck?
- Duck: I only wish, Sir, that I thought of those names myself. If the dome fits...!
- [the Fat Controller clears his throat]
- Gordon, James, and Henry: He made trucks laugh at us.
- The Fat Controller: Did you, Duck?
- Duck: Certainly not, Sir! No steam engine would be as mean as that!
A Close Shave (for Duck)
- Duck: [after crashing into the barber shop] Beg pardon, sir. Excuse my intrusion.
- Barber: No, I won't. You frightened my customers. I'll teach you!
- [he lathers shaving cream on Duck's face]
- Barber: I do not like engines popping through my walls.
- The Fat Controller: I appreciate your feeling, but you must know that this engine and his crew have prevented a serious accident. It was a very close shave!
- Barber: Oh! Oh! Excuse me!
- [he fills a basin of water and splashes it on Duck's face, cleaning him up]
- Barber: I'm sorry. I didn't know you were being a brave engine.
- Duck: That's all right, sir. I didn't know that, either.
- The Fat Controller: You were very brave, indeed. I'm proud of you!
Better Late Than Never
- Thomas: Time's time! Why should I keep my passengers waiting while Henry and James dawdle about all day on viaducts?
- Henry: Don't blame me. If we hurried across the viaduct, it might collapse, and then, you'd have no passengers at all. What would you do then?
- Thomas: Run my train on time, for one thing.
- [Bertie's radiator is steaming]
- Thomas: What's the matter? You should be at the station now. You're late!
- Bertie: I feel dreadful. All upset inside! And driver says he can't make me better. Thank goodness you're late, too. Can you take my passengers, please? They'll never get home, otherwise.
- Thomas: Of course!
- Narrator: He now felt sorry for Bertie and promised to get help at the next station.
Break Van/Donald and Douglas
- Donald: You're a mockle nuisance! It's to leave you behind, I be wantin'.
- Brake Van: You can't! I'm essential!
- Donald: Och! Are you?! You're nothin' but a screechin' and a noise when all's said and done. Spite Doggie, would ya? TAKE THAT!!
- [he rams the van]
- Brake Van: OW! OOH!
- Donald: There's more comin', should ya misbehave!
- [after Donald has crashed into a signal box]
- The Fat Controller: I am disappointed, Donald. I didn't expect such clumsiness from you. I had decided to send Douglas back and keep you.
- Donald: I'm sorry, Sir.
- The Fat Controller: I should think so, too. You have upset my arrangements. Now, James will have to help with the goods work while you have your tender mended. James won't like that.
- Percy: Edward says we need... a... a depostation!
- Gordon: Of course! The question is...
- Henry: What is a..... desperation?
- Percy: It's when engines tell the Fat Controller something's wrong.
- Duck: Did you say "tell the Fat Controller"?
- Narrator: There was a long silence.
- Gordon: I purpose that Percy be our... uh... disputation.
- Percy: I?! I can't!
- Henry: Rubbish, Percy! It's easy.
- Gordon: That's settled, then.
- Narrator: Poor Percy wished it wasn't.
- The Fat Controller: Hello, Percy. It's nice to be back.
- Percy: [jumps] Uh, uh, yes, Sir! Yes, Sir! Please, Sir!
- The Fat Controller: You look nervous, Percy. What's the matter?
- Percy: Please, Sir, they've made me a "desperation", Sir, uh, to--to speak to you, Sir. I-I don't like it, Sir.
- Narrator: The Fat Controller pondered.
- The Fat Controller: Do you mean a deputation, Percy?
- Percy: Yes, Sir, please, Sir. Uh, it's Donald and Douglas, Sir. They say, Sir, that if you send them away, Sir, well, they'll be turned into scrap, Sir. That would be dreadful, Sir. Uh, please, Sir, don't send them away!
- The Fat Controller: Thank you, Percy. That will do.
Thomas Comes to Breakfast
- Driver: You know just where to stop, Thomas. You could almost manage it without me.
- Narrator: Thomas had become conceited. He didn't realize his driver was joking.
- The Fat Controller: [firmly] You are a very naughty engine.
- Thomas: I know, Sir. I'm sorry, Sir.
- Narrator: Thomas' voice was muffled behind his bush.
- The Fat Controller: [calmly] You must go to the works and have your front mended. It will be a long job.
- Thomas: Yes, Sir!
- The Fat Controller: Meanwhile, a diesel rail car will do your work.
- Thomas: A-A-A d-diesel, Sir?!
- The Fat Controller: Yes, Thomas. Diesels always stay in their sheds till they are wanted. Diesels never gallavant off to breakfast in stationmasters' houses.
- [after a milk truck has been coupled to her]
- Daisy: Do they expect me to pull that?!
- Driver: Surely. You can pull 1 van.
- Daisy: I won't! Percy can do it! He loves messing about with trucks.
- [she shudders violently]
- Driver: Nonsense. Come on, now. Back down!
- [Daisy furiously lurches in reverse and stops]
- Daisy: Told you!
- Daisy: [having refused to pull the milk truck] It's fitter's orders!
- Passengers: What is?
- Daisy: My fitter's a very nice man. He comes every week and examines me carefully. "Daisy", he says, "Never, never pull. You're highly sprung, and pulling is bad for your swerves". So that's how it is.
- Stationmaster: Stuff and nonsense!
- Shunter: I can't understand. Whatever made Sir Topham Hatt send us such a feeble...?
- Daisy: Feeble? FEEBLE?! Let me!
- Passengers: Stop arguing! We're late already!
- Toby: Hello, Percy. I see Daisy's left the milk behind again.
- Percy: I'll have to make a special journey with it, I suppose. Anyone would think I had nothing to do.
- Toby: Tell you what, I'll take the milk. You take my trucks.
- The Fat Controller: My engines work hard. I send lazy engines away! However, Toby says you worked hard after Percy's accident. So, you shall have another chance.
- Daisy: Thank you, Sir! I will work hard, Sir. Toby says he'll help me.
- The Fat Controller: Excellent! What Toby doesn't know about Branch Line problems isn't worth knowing. Our Toby's an experienced engine!
- Drivers: [examine oil left at the scene of the crime] That's diesel.
- Bill: It's a what'll?!
- Ben: A diseasel, I think. There's a notice about them in our shed.
- Bill: Coughs and sneezles spread diseasels.
- Ben: You had a cough in your smokebox yesterday. It's your fault that the Diseasel came.
- Bill: It isn't!
- Ben: It is!
- Drivers: Stop arguing, you 2. Let's go and rescue our trucks.
- Narrator: Bill and Ben were horrified!
- Bill and Ben: But the Diseasel will magic us away like the trucks!
- Drivers: He won't magic us. We'll more likely magic him!
- BoCo: [looks up at Bill] Do you mind?
- Bill: Yes. I do. I want my trucks, please.
- BoCo: These are mine. Go away!
- Narrator: Bill pretended to be frightened.
- Bill: You're a big bully! You'll be sorry!
- Narrator: He ran back and hid behind the trucks on the other side. Ben now came forward.
- Ben: Truck-stealer!
- Narrator: He ran away too. Bill took his place.
- Gordon: It's not fair.
- Edward: What isn't fair?
- Gordon: Letting branch line diesels pull main line trains.
- Edward: Never mind, Gordon. I'm sure BoCo will let you pull his trucks sometimes.
- Gordon: I won't pull BoCo's dirty trucks! I won't run on branch lines!
- Edward: Why not? It would be a nice change.
- Gordon: The Fat Controller would never approve. Branch lines are vulgar!
- Narrator: Gordon puffed away. Edward chuckled and followed him to the station.
- Bill: What's that?
- Ben: SHH! It's Gordon.
- Bill: It looks like Gordon but it can't be. Gordon never comes on the branch lines. He thinks them vulgar.
- Narrator: Gordon pretended he hadn't heard them.
- Ben: If it isn't Gordon, it's just a pile of old iron.
- Bill: Which we'd better take to the scrap yard.
- Ben: No, Bill. This lot's useless for scrap. We'll take it to the harbor and dump it in the sea.
- Narrator: Gordon was alarmed.
- Gordon: I am Gordon! STOP! STOP!
- [Edward struggles to pull his train]
- Henry: Did you see him straining?
- James: Positively painful.
- Gordon: Just pathetic! He should give up and be preserved before it's too late!
- Duck: Shut up! You're all jealous. Edward's better than any of you!
- BoCo: You're right, Duck. Edward's old but he'll surprise us all.
- Edward: [finally puffs out of Knapford] I've done it! We're off! I've done it! We're off!
- Driver: We've loosened the couplings, Edward. Now you can pick up your coaches one by one, just as you do with trucks.
- Edward: That'll be much easier.
Ghost Train/Percy's Ghostly Trick
- [in Percy's story, a ghost engine runs across the island]
- Percy: And every year, on the date of the accident, it runs again as a warning to others, plunging into the gap, shrieking like a lost soul!
- [cut back to the quarry]
- Thomas: Percy, what are you talking about?
- Percy: The ghost train. Driver saw it last night.
- Thomas/Toby: Where?
- Percy: He didn't say. Oh, it makes my wheels wobble to think of it!
- Thomas: Ha! You're just a silly little engine. I'm not scared!
- Toby: Percy's had an accident!
- Thomas: Poor engine! Botheration! That means I'll be late!
- Toby: They've cleared the line for you, but there's something worse!
- Thomas: Out with it, Toby! I can't wait all evening!
- Toby: I've just seen something! [stutters] It looked like Percy's ghost! It said it was coming here to warn us!
- Thomas: Ha! Who cares?! Don't be frightened, Toby. I'll take care of you.
- [Percy creeps up behind the sheds]
- Percy: [imitates a ghost] Beep! Beep! Bip-bip-bip-BEEP! Let me in! Let me in!
- Toby: No! No! Not by the smoke on my chimney-chim-chim!
- Percy: I'll chuff, and I'll puff, and I'll break your door in!
- [the doors slowly open]
- Percy: [whistles as if he were a ghost] WHEEEEEEEESH!!!
- Narrator: Percy gave a ghostly whistle.
- Percy: Don't be frightened, Thomas. It's only me!
- Thomas: Your ugly fizz is enough to frighten everyone. You're like....
- Percy: Ugly, indeed! I'm.....
- Thomas: A green caterpillar with red stripes. You crawl like one, too.
- Percy: I don't!
- Thomas: Who's been late every afternoon this week?
- Percy: It's the hay!
- Thomas: I can't help that. Time's time, and the Fat Controller relies on me to keep it. I can't if you crawl in the hay until all hours.
- Percy: Green caterpillar, indeed!
- Percy: [arrives at the station, covered in hay] Sorry I'm late!
- Thomas: Look what's crawled out of the hay!
- Percy: What's wrong?
- Thomas: Talk about hairy caterpillars. It's worth being late to have seen you.
Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree
- Thomas: [in snow] Help!
- Donald: Hush! I can hear something.
- Douglas: Probably the wind.
- Thomas: Help!
- Donald: No! Listen!
- Thomas: Over here!
- Donald: Och! It's Thomas! Come on! The poor wee engine must be frozen to the frames in there!
- Thomas: [last line] It's no fun getting stuck in the snow. But it was worth it for this party. Happy Christmas, Percy. Happy Christmas, everyone!
A Scarf for Percy
- Thomas: [tired of the blizzard] All I want is a warm boiler. Fire lighter knows that. He's late!
- Percy: He's not late. This weather woke us up early.
- Narrator: Gusts of wind swirled around the shed, tossing flakes of snow towards Thomas. Then they swooshed around Percy, too.
- Percy: Why don't we talk about something else?
- Thomas: Yes, like how silly we'll look when our funnels turn into icicles.
- Percy: That's not funny. Maybe we'll stop feeling cold if we talk about warm things, like sunshine and steam.
- Thomas: And fire lighters.
- Percy: [pictures himself in a scarf] Scarves!
- Thomas: Scarves?! That's what you need, Percy. A wooly scarf around your funnel.
- The Fat Controller: [seizes his top hat] Mine! Percy, look at this.
- Percy: Yes, Sir. I am, Sir.
- The Fat Controller: My best trousers, too.
- Percy: Yes, Sir. Please, Sir.
- The Fat Controller: We must pay the passengers for their spoiled clothes, and my trousers are ruined. I hope this will teach you not to play tricks with the coaches.
- Harold: Sorry, Percy. Can't talk. I'm on high alert.
- Percy: Why?
- Harold: Bad weather's due. My help's always needed. Mind how you go, Percy.
- Percy: Ha! As long as I've got rails to run on, I can go anywhere, in any weather, anyhow. [leaves] Goodbye!
- The Fat Controller: Harold told me you were a wizard. He says he can beat you at some things, but not at being a submarine. I don't know what you to get up to sometimes, but I do know that you're a really useful engine.
Time For Trouble
- James: You know, little Toby, I'm an important engine. Everyone knows it. I'm as regular as clockwork. Never late, always on time. That's me!
- Toby: Says you!
- One of the Children: The express is late, and it's got two engines! I think James couldn't pull it on his own, so Toby had to help him.
- Toby: Never mind, James. They're only joking.
- James: [crossly] HA!
- Narrator: Toby just smiled.
Gordon and the Famous Visitor
- Gordon: Good riddance! Chattering all night. Who is he, anyway?
- Thomas: Duck told you, he's famous.
- Gordon: As famous as me? Nonsense!
- Thomas: He's famouser than you. He went 100 miles an hour before you were even thought of.
- Gordon: Ha! So he says! But I didn't like his looks. He's got no dome! Never trust domeless engines. They're not respectable. I never boast, but I'd say 100 miles an hour would be easy for me. Goodbye!
- Gordon: [rockets past] He did it! I'll do it! He did it! I'll do it!
- Duck: He'll knock himself to bits.
- Duck: You don't understand, Donald, how much Sir Topham Hatt relies on me.
- Donald: Och, aye.
- Duck: I'm Great Western, and I...
- Donald: Quack! Quack! Quack!
- Duck: What?!
- Donald: Ye hear. Quack, quack, ya go. Sounds like you're an egg layer. Now wheesh, and let an engine sleep!
- Duck: Quack yourself!
- Donald: [about the egg under Duck's bunker] Well, well, well! Ye must've laid it in the night, Duck. All unbeknownst!
- Duck: You win, Donald. It'd take a clever engine to get the better of you!
Thomas Gets Bumped
- Percy: [after the signal drops] Hurry up, Thomas! If you're late, the Fat Controller may get a new engine to replace you.
- Thomas: He would never do that.
- Thomas: Thank you for looking after my passengers.
- Bertie: That's all right, Thomas. I like to make new friends, but I'm glad to share them with you.
- Thomas: You're a good friend, indeed, and always will be.
Thomas, Percy and the Dragon
- Percy: Wake up, Thomas! Are you dreaming about the time you thought I was a ghost?
- Thomas: Certainly not! Anyway, I was only pretending to be scared. I knew it was you, really.
- Percy: I hope the guard leaves the light on for you tonight.
- Thomas: Why? I quite like the dark.
- Percy: Oh, really?! I am surprised. I always thought you were afraid of the dark. I wonder why.
- Percy: You'll never guess what I saw last night.
- Gordon: I'm a busy engine. I don't have time for your games.
- Percy: I've seen a huge dragon. It was covered in lights!
- Gordon: You've been in the sun too long. Your dome has cracked!
Diesel Does It Again
- Diesel: [approaches the shed] Good morning.
- Duck: What are you doing here?!
- Diesel: You're worthy Fat - uh, Sir Topham Hatt sent me. I hope you are pleased to see me again. I am to shunt some dreadfully tiresome trucks.
- Percy: Shunt where?
- Diesel: Where? Why from here to there. And then again, from there to here. Easy, isn't it?
- The Fat Controller: [to Diesel, after his mishap with the trucks earlier] The harbor master has told me everything. Things worked much better here before you arrived. I shall not be inviting you back! Now, Duck and Percy, I hope you won't mind having to handle the work by yourselves again.
- Percy: Oh, no, Sir.
- Duck: Yes, please, Sir.
- [a storm hits the island, awakening the engines in the middle of the night]
- Thomas: Listen! Can you hear a strange whistling sound?
- Toby: It's the wind blowing outside our shed. But I've never heard it like this before.
- James: Do you know? If Gordon wasn't here now, I'd say it was him thundering by with the Express.
- Toby: [after the forest is damaged] Oh, dear. I wish there was something we could do to make things better again.
- Thomas: Yes, indeed. But what? We can't mend broken trees.
The Trouble With Mud
- Thomas: [sees Gordon covered in mud] Hello, Gordon. You look as if you've had a mud bath. Be a sensible engine and have a shower instead.
- Gordon: I haven't time to dawdle over my appearance like fussy tank engines do.
- [at the washdown, James is finished]
- Driver: Come on, Gordon. You'll feel better, too, after a good hosedown.
- Gordon: BAH!!!
- [he angrily lets off steam, covering James in mud]
- Driver: You're a very naughty engine! Now James will need another shower! You'll have to wait your turn till later!
- Gordon: Good riddance! I'm far too busy to waste time with water!
No Joke for James
- Narrator: Thomas was shunting shining new coaches.
- Thomas: Good morning, James!
- James: Are those coaches for me?
- Thomas: No. These are for Gordon's Express. I'll fetch your trucks next.
- Narrator: But James was going to play a trick on the other engines.
- James: Actually, Thomas, I'm taking the coaches. The Fat Controller asked me to tell you.
- Thomas: What about the trucks?
- James: Uh, give them to Gordon.
- Thomas' Driver: Come on, Thomas. Orders are orders.
- The Fat Controller: [having heard of James' recent antics] Some jokes are funny, but not this one, James. You have caused confusion!
- James: [disappointedly] Yes, Sir.
- The Fat Controller: You will now stay in your shed until you are wanted.
Thomas, Percy and the Post Train/Thomas, Percy and the Mail Train
- [as Percy arrives at Dryaw early in the morning, he notices a familiar being up in the air]
- Percy: Bother! It's that dizzy thing Harold!
- Harold: [lands] Good morning. I always said railways were out of date, but you're so slow with the mail. You should give everyone their stamps back. Post haste! [flies off]
- Percy: Bird brain!
- Thomas: Thank goodness I have a chance to speak to you. Driver says that the person in charge of the post has complained to the Fat Controller about the delay last night.
- Percy: But that wasn't my fault!
- Thomas: I know! And so does the Fat Controller. But this post person wouldn't listen. Tonight, we'll just have to be quicker than ever before.
- [suddenly, Harold flies back into the scene]
- Harold: I say, you two, there's news flying about.
- Percy: Where?!
- Harold: All over the place. They're going to scrap the mail train and use me instead. Wings work wonders, you know. [flies off again] Always.
- Thomas: Rubbish!
- [Thomas sees James and Gordon looking miserable]
- Thomas: Cheer up. It's a beautiful day.
- Gordon: Yes, but not for James.
- Thomas: What's the matter?
- Gordon: He's sick!
- James: Yes, he is. I-- I mean, I am! I don't feel well at all.
- Thomas: Don't worry. I'll help out if you're ill.
- James: I'm sorry about your accident. And so is Gordon. We didn't mean to get you into trouble.
- Gordon: No, indeed! A mere misunderstanding, Thomas. All's well that ends well.
- Toby: [to Mavis] I can't waste time playing "Hunt the Trucks" with you. Take them yourself!
- [upon hearing the bad news about Mavis]
- Toby: I warned her!
- Driver: She's young yet. And...
- Toby: She can manage her trucks herself!
- Driver: They're your trucks, really. Mavis is supposed to stay at the Quarry. If the Fat Controller finds out...
- Toby: Hmm, yes.
- Percy: Cheer up, Mavis.
- Mavis: [about her previous troubles] Manager says I don't listen to his advice. He says I've no business jauntering down Toby's line. Toby's a fusspot!
- Percy: Toby has forgotten more about trucks than you will ever know. You must put the trucks where he wants them, then you'll be a Really Useful Engine. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to take these stones to the harbor.
- Mavis: [after saving Toby from the damaged bridge] I'm sorry about the trucks. I can't think how you managed to stop them in time.
- Toby: Oh, well. My driver told me about circus people who walk tightropes, but I just didn't fancy doing it myself.
Edward, Trevor, and the Really Useful Party
- Bertie: Hello, Trevor. Why are you dozing there like an old stick-in-the-mud?
- Trevor: I'm not dozing. I'm resting.
- Narrator: Then he told Bertie about the vicar's party.
- Bertie: I'll be there, too. I'm not sure people will want to ride on an old traction engine after traveling in a smart, red bus like me.
- Terence: [sees Bertie stuck in the mud] I'm the one who has to plow fields. We'd better get you out of here!
Buzz, Buzz/James Goes Buzz, Buzz
- James: Hello, Trevor. You look as bright and cheerful as my red paint.
- Trevor: Oh, I am.
- James: What's that noise?
- Trevor: It's the bees. They're all in these boxy things called beehives. I'm taking them to the station. The Vicar says his bees make good honey and he's giving some of them to his friends.
- [BoCo arrives]
- BoCo: Take care, you two. Don't make the bees angry. They might sting you.
- [James ignores BoCo and leaves the orchard]
- BoCo: I remember the first time I met those 2. They nearly made my eyes pop out. Edward soon put a stop to their games.
- Duck: Edward is the only one who can keep Bill and Ben in order. I sometimes call them the bees.
- BoCo: A good name. They're terrors when they start buzzing around.
- [James bustles in]
- James: What's that, Duck? Are you afraid of bees? They're only insects, after all. So don't let that buzz-box diesel tell you different.
- Duck: His name is BoCo, and he didn't. We--
- James: I wouldn't care if hundreds were swarming around! I'd just blow smoke and make them buzz off!
- Duck: Buzz, buzz, buzz.
All at Sea
- Harold: [lands] Wakey-wakey!
- Duck: I'm looking at the boats.
- Harold: That's the regatta. Lots of boats. Lots of races. Great fun. I hover around in case I'm needed.
- Duck: Do you go to the horizon?
- Harold: Yes, and beyond.
- Percy: I didn't know there was a beyond.
- Duck: Do you go to other places at sea?
- Harold: Certainly. I can land on ships, you know. Anywhere, anytime. [flies off] Goodbye!
- Harold: My job is to stay at sea, in case of other emergencies. Otherwise, I would take this gentleman to the hospital myself. Must fly. Goodbye!
One Good Turn
- [the twins bump into each other]
- Bill: I was here first!
- Ben: But you're in my way! You'll have to back up again.
- Bill: I won't!
- Ben: You will!
- Ben: I won't!
- [their argument stops as the Fat Controller shows up]
- The Fat Controller: If you don't behave, I shall not allow you here again.
- Edward: All this grumbling spreads bad atmosphere in the yard.
- BoCo: You're quite right. And that's why I've come up with a plan.
- [Duck catches Gordon taking on water from an ordinary stand pipe]
- Duck: I wouldn't drink too much of that water if I were you, Gordon. It might give you boiler-ache.
- Gordon: Pah! What's this? Educating Gordon Day?! First James, and now you, Duck! Big engines have big needs. Little engines are just annoying.
- Duck: Don't say I didn't warn you.
- Gordon: [disappointed after hearing Diesel's remark the day before] I'm not happy!
- Duck: I know. It's boiler-ache.
- Gordon: It's not boiler-ache. It's...
- Henry: Of course, it is. That water's bad. Have a good washout, then you'll feel a different engine. Your boiler must be full of sludge.
- Gordon: Don't be vulgar!
- Edward: Trevor and I are old friends, and you and he have a lot in common too.
- Douglas: Aye, and what would that be?
- Edward: Scrap.
- Douglas: Don't mention that word! It makes my wheels wobble!
- Edward: It does the same to Trevor. He was being sent to the scrap yard, but the vicar and I saved him, and now, he's really useful again. Even so, the Fat Controller certainly does need another steam engine here.
- Douglas: Aye, he does. And quickly!
- [a foreman catches Douglas escaping with Oliver and Toad]
- Foreman: Aha! A Great Western engine, and a brake van, too. You can't take these!
- Douglas: Aye! But they're all for us. See for yourself.
- [the foreman looks at Oliver]
- Foreman: Seems in order. Right away, guard!
Oliver Owns Up
- Henry: Amazing.
- James: Oliver has resource.
- Gordon: And sagacity.
- Percy: What does that mean?
- Thomas: I think it's about being clever and wise.
- Gordon: He is an example to us all!
- Oliver: I'm sorry, Sir. I should've listened to Duck's advice. I don't feel... "good gracious", or whatever it is. I just feel silly.
- The Fat Controller: Well, Oliver, now you know the damage trucks can do.
- Oliver: Yes, I do, Sir. I look like a load of scrap iron.
- The Fat Controller: [laughs] Oh, I don't think so! But you do need to go to the works to be mended.
- [Bulgy stares at Duck's passengers]
- Bulgy: Stupid nonsense. I wouldn't have brought them if I'd known. I'd have had a breakdown or something.
- Duck: I'm glad you didn't. You'd have spoiled their fun.
- Bulgy: Bah! Enjoyment is all you engines live for. One day, railways will be ripped up!
- Duck: We have a friend called Bertie, and he's a bus, but he likes the railway. Sometimes he teases us about it, but he'd never wanna see it ripped up!
- Bulgy: Hmph! I know Bertie. He's too small in size to be of any use. [leaves]
- Duck: That bus is silly.
- Oliver: Bulgy's friend has come. He's rude too! He's taking Bulgy's passengers home, leaving Bulgy free to steal ours!
- Duck: But he can't!
- Oliver: Bulgy says he can get them to the big station before us!
- Duck: Rubbish! It's much farther by road!
- Oliver: Yeah! But Bulgy says he knows a shortcut!
- Gordon: [as the twins show up] You must behave here. You're on the Main Line now.
- Ben: Actually, Gordon, when we saw you, we thought this was the scrap yard.
- Gordon: [crossly] Just make sure that my coaches are ready for my evening train!
- [the twins hear a rumbling sound]
- Bill: That's a strange noise. I've never heard a noise like that before.
- Driver: I have. It sounds like a rock slide to me!
Percy, James, and The Fruitful Day
- James: Really reliable-- That's me! Pity the same can't be said for Percy! Good-bye! [puffs away]
- Annie and Clarabel: What was all that about?
- Thomas: That was trouble. Trouble for James. Just wait and see.
- Thomas: You know, there's more than one way to get jammed. We all learned that today. What's more, we also learned that sometimes, when engines help each other out of a jam, things can still go wrong.
- Voice: So?
- Thomas: So, that means we learned a lot today. And therefore...
- All engines: We're really useful engines after all!
Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure/Thomas and Percy's Mountain Adventure
- Percy: Beep! Beep! Wake up, lazywings! The mountain villagers need your help! They're stranded!
- Harold: Whizzo! I like an emergency to keep me warm.
- [after the village is saved]
- Villagers: Well done, Percy! Well done, Thomas! You're the best Santa Claus this village has ever had!
- Percy: What's a Santa Claus?
- Thomas: Santa Claus is someone who drops presents down chimneys at Christmas time.
- Percy: [looks up at his funnel] I wonder if...
- Thomas: [laughs] No! Chimneys, Percy! Not funnels! Which reminds me, your mail train is still back at the siding. Isn't it?
- Stuart and Falcon: Engines come and engines go. Granpuff goes on forever.
- Duke: You impertinent scalywags. Whatever are you engines coming to?
- Stuart: Never mind, Granpuff.
- Falcon: We're only young once.
- Duke: Well, you'd better mind, unless you want to end up like Smudger.
- Stuart and Falcon: Oh, Granpuff, whatever happened?!
- Duke: Smudger was a showoff.
- [he has a flashback of said engine]
- Duke: He rode roughly and often came off the rails. I warned him to be careful, but he took no notice.
- Smudger: Listen, Dukey. Who worries about a few spills?
- Duke: "We do here", I said, but Smudger just laughed.
- [Smudger laughs]
- Duke: Until one day, manger said he was going to make him useful at last. Smudger stopped laughing then.
- [back to the present]
- Stuart: Well, why? What did he do?
- Duke: He turned him into a generator. He's still out there behind our shed. He'll never move again!
- [after the story]
- Percy: That's not a happy ending!
- Thomas: Ahh, there will be one, but that will have to wait until next time.
- [the rescuers unexpectedly find Duke in his buried shed]
- Rescuers: We found him! We found our sleeping beauty!
- Duke: Excuse me! Are you a vandal? Driver told me vandals break and smash things!
- Rescuers: Bless you, no! We've dropped in because we couldn't find your door. Falcon and Stuart will be pleased to see you.
- Duke: So they did remember!
- Stuart and Falcon: He's here! Shh! Shh!
- Duke: You woke me up! In my young days engines were...
- Stuart: Seen and not heard, Granpuff. We know!
- Falcon: We'll all be back to work tomorrow. We're glad you've come back, we can keep you in order now.
- Duke: Keep me in order?! Be off with you! [Stuart and Falcon leave] Impudent scallywags.
- Percy: Driver should be here by now. What's he doing?
- Gordon: Sleeping.
- Percy: But that means I'll be late! The coaches will be waiting, and the passengers will get cross!
- Henry: Rubbish!
- James: It's still early. You just want to show off.
- Percy: No, I don't.
- Duke: Listen. The mountain road is difficult. I'll lead.
- Falcon: No. I'll lead. How can I learn the route with you lumbering ahead blocking the view?
- Duke: Suit yourself. But never mind the view. Look at the track.
You Can't Win
- Duke: [about his journey] It's not so easy! It's not so easy! But I'll manage.
- [after Stuart and Duke have reached the station]
- Boy: What happened? They don't usually need 2 engines.
- Father: Well, Stuart broke down. Duke had to help him. It sounds as if he had a hard job, too.
- Stuart: [covers himself in steam] FIDDLESTICKS!!
- Duke: Poor old engine! It's no good, Stuart. You can't win.
Four Little Engines
- Edward: It's Skarloey. What's he doing here?
- Skarloey: I've been sent here for a rest. I was put in this shed so that I could see everything and not be lonely, but I do miss Rheneas. He's going to be mended.
- Edward: I wish I could be mended too, and pull coaches again.
- Workmen: We're going to take you to the works now, Edward. Come along.
- Edward: Goodbye, Skarloey! Your railway is a lovely line!
- Skarloey: Oh, it is! It is! You've cheered me up, Edward! Goodbye!
- Skarloey: [after reaching the station] Old engines can't pull trains like the young ones can.
- Driver: They can if they're mended, old faithful, and that's what's going to happen to you. You deserve it!
A Bad Day for Sir Handel
- Sir Handel: Whatever next?! Those aren't coaches. They're cattle trucks!
- Coaches: WHOO! What a horrid engine!
- Sir Handel: It's not what I'm used to.
- Sir Handel: Hello. Who are you?
- Gordon: I'm Gordon. Who are you?
- Sir Handel: I'm Sir Handel. I've heard of you. You're an express engine! So am I, but I'm used to new coaches, not these cattle trucks. Do you have new coaches? [observes Gordon's train] I see you do. We must have a chat. Sorry I can't stop. We must keep time, you know.
Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady
- Henry: [to Peter Sam] This won't do, youngster. I can't be kept waiting. If you're late tonight, I'll go off and leave your passengers behind.
- Refreshment Lady: What do you mean by leaving me behind?
- Peter Sam: I'm sorry, Refreshment Lady, but Henry said he might leave without us!
- Refreshment Lady: [laughs] You silly engine! Henry was teasing you! He wouldn't have gone without our passengers. He's a guaranteed connection!
- Peter Sam: Well! Where's that Henry?!
Trucks/Rusty Helps Peter Sam
- Gordon: No one understands our feelings, and if you were ill, you couldn't shunt trucks, could you?
- Sir Handel: Good idea! I'll try it!
- Sir Handel: I'm sorry about your accident. I always stand well back. Trucks don't like me.
- Peter Sam: Why didn't you warn me?!
- Sir Handel: I didn't think.
- The Fat Controller: You never do. You can start thinking now while you're doing Peter Sam's work as well as your own. That'll teach you to pretend you are ill.
- Narrator: Sir Handel did start thinking, about Gordon.
Home at Last
- Duncan: [stuck in the tunnel] I'm a plain blunt engine! I speak as I find! Tunnels should be tunnels and not rabbit holes! This railway is no good at all!
- Driver: Don't be silly! This tunnel is quite big enough for engines who don't rock and roll.
- The Fat Controller: [to Duncan] Listen to me, there is nothing wrong with that tunnel. You stuck in it because you tried to do rock and roll. Tunnels are not dance floors and you are not a pop star! If it happens again, I shall find ways to cut you down to size. In other words, your career is on the line. Need I say more?
Rock 'n' Roll
- Rusty: I hope he doesn't hurt his passengers.
- Duncan: What's that about me? I'm a plain engine, and I believe in plain speakin'. Speak up!
- [Rusty informs Duncan about the bad tracks]
- Duncan: Hmph! I know my way about. I don't need smelly diesels to tell me what to do.
- Duncan: Nothing's happened! Nothing's happened! Smelly old Diesel, clever me!
- Driver: Steady, boy!
- [suddenly, Duncan derails]
- Duncan: Sleepers and ballast! I'm off!
- Sir Handel: [sings] Peter Sam's said again and again,
- his new funnel will put ours to shame.
- He went into the tunnel and lost his old funnel.
- Now his famous new funnel's a drain!
- Narrator: The other engines don't laugh at Peter Sam's funnel now. They wish they had one like it.
- George: Railways are no good! Turn them into roads! Pull 'em up! Turn them into roads! Railways are no good! Turn them into roads! Pull 'em up! Turn them into roads!
- George: Hmph! You're Sir Handel, I suppose.
- Sir Handel: And you, I suppose, are George. Yes, I've heard of you.
- George: And I've heard of you. You swank around with your steamroller wheels, pretending you're as good as me!
- Sir Handel: Actually, I'm better. Goodbye!
Passengers and Polish
- Duncan: Aren't you gonna polish me too?
- Nancy: Sorry. Not today. I'm going now. I'm helping the refreshment lady this afternoon. We must get the ice cream ready for the passengers. Never mind, Duncan.
- Narrator: But Duncan did mind.
- Duncan: It isn't fair! Peter Sam gets a special funnel, Sir Handel gets special wheels, passengers get ice cream, but I'm not even polished!
- Driver: [after an emergency phone call] One of Skarloey's coaches has come off the rails. We'll have to take workmen there right away.
- Duncan: All this extra work! It wears an engine out.
- Driver: Rubbish! Come on!
Gallant Old Engine
- Driver: [to Rheneas] You're a gallant little engine! When you're rested, we'll mend you, so you'll be ready for tomorrow.
- Rheneas: You know, this helps a little engine to feel that at last, he has really come home!
Rusty to the Rescue
- Rusty: Can you help me find another engine?
- Douglas: Where?
- Rusty: Where you found Oliver.
- Douglas: You mean on The Other Railway?
- Rusty: Yes. I'm looking for a bluebell engine.
- Douglas: I'd like to help. But these days, it's only diesels that go there.
- Rusty: So that's where I'll go! [leaves]
- Douglas: Take care.
- Diesels: Who are you?!
- Rusty: I'm a shed and sidings inspection diesel. Have you any engines in the shed?
- Diesels: No. None!
- Rusty: Then what about the sidings?
- Diesels: One. We have one.
- Rusty: Then I'll just go and inspect.
Thomas and Stepney
- Stepney: Everyone's been so kind, but my railway is so short and I do miss a good long run.
- Rusty: I think you should tell driver, too. I'm sure he'll understand.
- Thomas: Shunted! And on my own branch too! It's a disgrace!
Train Stops Play
- [after a cricket ball flies into one of Stepney's trucks]
- Players: Stop!
- Stepney: [to his trucks] Come along! Come along!
- Players: Our one and only ball!
- Caroline: [about steam engines] They have their uses. They can save the wear on a poor cars wheels!
- Gordon: Disgraceful!
- James: Disgusting!
- Henry: Despicable!
- Donald and Douglas: To say such things to us! It's to teach him a lesson he be wantin', now how do we do it?
- Gordon: Hello! You're early! That's one in the headlamp for old diesel.
- Stepney: James says he's sick as boiler sludge and sulking in the shed.
- Gordon: Serves him right for saying we're out of date.
Henry and the Elephant
- Henry: An elephant pushed me! An elephant hooshed me!
- Gordon: First the rain, then an elephant. Whatever will you be afraid of next?
- Thomas: Never mind, Henry. I think you were brave today, and really reliable too.
Toad Stands By
- Scruffey and the trucks: [sing] Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever.
- Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever!
- When he orders us about with the greatest folly,
- we just push him down the well! "POP!" goes old Ollie!
- The Fat Controller: [inspects Scruffey] As I thought. Rotten wood, rusty frames. Maybe if we put you back together, you'll earn yourself a better name.
- Daisy: You're afraid of getting hurt yourself.
- Toby: I'm not!
- Daisy: Yes, you are. I don't have stupid cow-catchers, but I'm not frightened. I'd just toot and they'd all go away.
- Toby: But they don't.
- Daisy: They would with me. Animals run if they toot and look them in the eye.
- Toby: Even bulls?
- Daisy: Even bulls.
- Boy: Look, Daisy. I got some sweets, they're called "Bull's Eyes"! I like them. Do you?
- Daisy: [leaves] Aw, keep your old "Bull's Eyes"!
Thomas and the Special Letter
- Donald: Good evening, you three! Aren't we all a fine sight?
- Toby: Very splendid, indeed.
- Douglas: Sorry we can't stop. The Fat Controller wants us all together at the station.
- The Fat Controller: I have an important letter to read from a little girl who is 5 years old.
- Letter: Dear Thomas and all the engines, please can I meet you? My friends say they would like to meet you, too. You can come to my house for tea, but my mom says there aren't any railway tracks to my house. Can you come to the station instead? Thank you very much!
- The Fat Controller: It seems that there are many girls and boys who would like to meet you. Therefore, we are all going to the big city far away!
- Engines: Hooray! Hooray!
- The Fat Controller: Silence! Other engines will be working here while you're away, so please show them what to do.
Paint Pots and Queens/Thomas Meets the Queen
- Gordon: Remember, Thomas. United we stand, together we fall. You help me, and I'll help you.
- Narrator: The engines wondered who would pull the Royal Train.
- Edward: I'm too old to pull important trains.
- Gordon: I'm in disgrace!
- James: He'll choose me, of course.
- Henry: You?! You can't climb hills! He'll ask me to pull the train, and I'll have a new coat of paint.
- Thomas: Hello, Duck. Going fishing? I'd take care If I were you.
- Duck: Why?
- Thomas: Well, for one thing, if fish get into an engine's boiler, they always cause trouble. And for another, fish can be awfully smelly. And I know what I'm talking about. Good night.
- The Fat Controller: The accident wasn't your fault. We should've checked that this tail lamp was fixed on properly. We'll soon have you in working order again.
- Duck: Thank you, sir. Thomas told me to be careful about fish. They got me in a ripe pickle, didn't they?
- Driver: Well, if that doesn't take the biscuit! They've run out of room in the parade and don't need a special attraction after all. We've got to go home, Toby. I'm sorry, old boy.
- Toby: [sighs] So am I.
- Bulstrode: C'mon! C'mon! Why aren't you trucks where you should be?
- Trucks: There's no engine and we can only go where we're put! You're in the wrong place! Not us!
Mind That Bike
- [Percy sees nothing but mail bags on the station platform]
- Percy: What happened to Tom?
- Driver: And his old van? No wonder the new postman looked cross. Trying to carry mailbags on a bicycle would make anyone miserable!
- [after Tom's bike is damaged]
- Percy: I'm sorry, Mr. Tipper.
- Tom: Never mind, Percy. It wasn't your fault. But now I've only got my legs to get the mail delivered. Whatever will happen next?
- Cranky: You're useless little bugs! If you put these trucks on the inside lines, then I wouldn't have so far to travel!
- Thomas: Rubbish! We always arrange our trucks like this, and no crane has ever complained before!
- Cranky: Well, I'm complaining now.
- [he drops his load on the ground]
- [after Cranky has saved the engines in the shed]
- Gordon: Oh, thank you! What would I have done without you?
- Cranky: Well, I had to be rescued before I could help you, but I never thought it would be a couple of b-b- "Small engines". Thank you, I'll never be rude again. However, you two mites are in my way, so move over!
- Percy: Pah! He's back to bugging us! [lurches backward]
- Thomas: Don't move! You're still attached to Cranky!
- Narrator: But it was too late.
- [Cranky falls again]
- James: They're bringing in the third lorry on a barge. What happened to that one?
- Tow truck man: The stupid lorry was reversing and fell straight into the sea.
- Thomas: [looks at the damaged lorries] Well, well, well. The brothers grim. Smashed, broken, and sunk!
A Better View For Gordon
- Gordon: Come on! Come on! I can go faster than this! Sick, me?! Never!
- The Fat Controller: [after the crash] Well, Gordon, I know you wanted a panoramic view, but this is not the way to achieve it.
- Gordon: Yes, sir. Sorry, sir.
Lady Hatt's Birthday Party
- Lady Hatt: [about her husband's new outfit] It's perfect for my birthday party. You look splendid, Topham Dear.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Then I'll wear my finest hat just for you. Your birthday is a great occasion.
- Lady Hatt: It is. So don't be late.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Don't worry, my dear. I shall be spic and span and right on time.
- George: [to Caroline] Call yourself a car?! You're a disgrace to the road! Find yourself a scrapyard!
- Driver: Can I be your assistance, sir?
- Sir Topham Hatt: Only if you can get to my wife's birthday party.
- Driver: We can take you to Thomas, he's just down the line.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Much obliged.
James and the Trouble with Trees
- James: If you can't push trucks properly, Henry, why not talk to a tree instead? You know how much you like the forest.
- Henry: As a matter of fact, bossy boiler, the Fat Controller is inspecting the island for trees that are too close to the line. He's worried they might cause trouble.
- James: Ha! If I came upon a tree, I'd just push it aside!
- Henry: Really?
- James: Make way for an important engine!
- Percy: You wouldn't feel important if one of these trees crashed on you. You'd feel hurt.
- James: Rubbish! It wouldn't dare!
- Terence: You should be careful, James. Trees can be just as powerful as engines.
- James: Oh, please!
Gordon and the Gremlin
- Firelighter: [looks at Gordon's fire] I don't know what's wrong. There must be gremlins about.
- Percy: What are gremlins?
- Thomas: I heard that they're little green men who play tricks.
- Percy: Can we find one?
- James: Pah! Gremlins don't exist. They're just an excuse when things go wrong and no one knows why.
- Thomas: If firelighter says there are gremlins, there are.
- James: Ha!
- Fireman: What's the dog's name?
- The Fat Controller's mother: Well, after today's events, I think I'll rename him Gremlin.
- The Fat Controller: In that case, I've met one at last! [laughs]
- Thomas: Excuse me, Sir. But who is your very important visitor?
- The Fat Controller: Why didn't I tell you? This lady is my mother. And she agrees with me: You are indeed really useful engines. And my mother, of course, is always right! [laughs again]
- George: Bumpy ride on rotten rails. I'm glad it's over.
- Percy: So am I.
- George: I wanna get rolling again, but I've gotta wait a whole week until I do.
- Thomas: And then you'll be just as rude as ever, eh, George?
- Thomas: My favorite station is Ffarquhar.
- Toby: Mine's Maithwaite. Percy, what's yours?
- Percy: [sleepily] The docks.
- Thomas: Ha! We can tell!
- Toby: The docks are full of fish, not flowers.
- Percy: [wide awake] All right, then, Arlesdale End.
- Toby: That's my home!
- Percy: That's why I like it. Especially when you're there and not here saying I'm silly! Good night.
- The Fat Controller: [after the ram has eaten his hat] Well, seems I wouldn't be able to eat my hat even if I had to.
Put Upon Percy
- Trucks: Who's this dirty little engine? We want Thomas or Duck!
- Percy: Put upon. Put upon. That's who I am!
- Thomas: We can see what's been put upon you.
- The Fat Controller: Silence. Percy, you've done a good day's work. Now get a good night's rest.
- Percy: Yes, Sir. Thank you, Sir.
Toby and the Flood
- Percy: [about the dam during the storm] Driver tells me it may be dangerous up there. Please be careful, Toby.
- Toby: I'll try.
- Percy: I could never have been so brave, Toby.
- Toby: Oh, I'm sure you would be, but you never know until you've tried.
- Edward: Whenever that owl hoots, a mist rolls in. And there's a legend that when the mist is about, there's a ghost about, too. Take care on the old line, Henry.
- Henry: Stupid bird!
- Henry: Owls, mists, ghosts-- Edward's going soft in the boiler. There's no mist!
Double Teething Troubles
- Bill: That's my line of trucks.
- Ben: It's not. It's mine. Yours is over there.
- Bill: It's mine.
- Ben: It's not.
- Bill: It's mine!
- Ben: It's not!
- [BoCo shows up]
- BoCo: Stop quarreling you two, or the only thing you'll have left to share is...
- [Bill and Ben race towards the trucks but collide into each other and derail at the points]
- BoCo: ...trouble!
- Bill: Silly!
- Ben: Silly yourself!
- The Fat Controller: Bill and Ben, behave yourselves! It's clear to me that we need another diesel to help out. There is only one available. He's new and keen to make an impression.
- BoCo: If I were you, I'd get back to work right away.
- Percy: [about Derek] Hey, you two. This new diesel's got a toothache. Good luck!
- Bill: Why does Percy wanna wish us good luck?
- Ben: Because he knows we'll need it. A diesel with a toothache must be the worst diesel of all.
Stepney Gets Lost
- [Arry and Bert approach Stepney]
- Arry: Got you this time, Stepney! You'll make very fine scrap, indeed. Buffer him, Bert!
- [Bert does so, and he and Arry take him to the smelter shed]
- Arry and Bert: Bye-bye, Stepney! [laugh]
- The Fat Controller: It's a good thing I've chosen to visit this yard tonight. Saving you from scrap is becoming a habit, Stepney. Please, stop it!
- Stepney: Yes, Sir! But I have learned something.
- The Fat Controller: What's that?
- Stepney: There's no place like home!
- The Fat Controller: And that's exactly where you're going now.
- Stepney: Bluebells forever!
- Fireman: The Old Warrior wants to meet you.
- Toby: Can't it wait until morning?
- Driver: Ghosts don't work day shifts.
- Toby: Well, bless my bell!
- Signalman: This is your ghost, Toby. His name's really Bertram, but we call him "The Old Warrior", because he's so brave.
Something in the Air
- Henry: You're late! And that smell is making me ill.
- Thomas: It's the fish! And there's danger on the rails. That's why we're late.
- Henry: Ha! You're the only danger on the rails, Thomas. Now, stop wasting time, and get your trucks hitched to my train.
- The Fat Controller: Engines don't swim, Henry. You were meant to deliver fish, not swim with them. You should know that by now.
- Henry: Yes, Sir. I'm sorry, Sir.
Thomas, Percy and Old Slowcoach
- Thomas: Everyone's so much happier when spring time comes.
- James: Everyone except the Fat Controller. He seems to be working us harder than ever. I'm tired of these coastal runs.
- Percy: He just wants everything to be ready for the holidays. Anyway, salty air makes me all cheerful in my smokebox.
- James: Pah! It's the countryside that really gets me fired up. It's the only place to be.
- Percy: You said the countryside got you all fired up, James. But I didn't think you meant it in this way.
- James: PAH! It was this stupid truck's fault! Not mine.
Thomas and the Rumors (Rumours)
- Gordon: You look glum, little Percy. What's up?
- Percy: The Fat Controller told driver that he's using Harold to show a visitor the island instead of using any of us engines.
- Gordon: Despicable!
- Henry: Disgusting!
- James: Engines are meant to take visitors around our island. Not that whirly-bird thing!
- Thomas: Will Gordon be scrapped, Sir?
- The Fat Controller: What makes you think that?
- Thomas: Because the engines think the visitor is here to see if we can be replaced by Harold.
- The Fat Controller: Well, the engines are wrong, and you shouldn't listen to rumors, Thomas. This gentleman is making a new playground for the children. It was easier to find a suitable site from up in the air.
- Gentleman: And what's more, that tunnel sand will be perfect for the playground! Found by accident and rumor, you might say.
- Toad: Excuse me, Mr. Oliver. It seems to me that things are not well for you, if you forgive me for mentioning it.
- Oliver: You're quite right, Toad. All I do is shunt these trucks onto the turntable. I long for a nice run. It's what an engine really needs.
- Toad: Quite so, Mr. Oliver. May I suggest you speak to the Fat Controller about your problems?
- Trucks: You're no good, Oliver. You're dangerous! We want Percy.
- Oliver: Percy's far too busy to be bothered with the likes of you!
Happy Ever After
- Percy: We've got to find a good luck package. Do you know what that is?
- Edward: Oh, yes, indeed. Something old, something new...
- Percy: Something borrowed, and something blue. But where do we find them?
- Edward: They're probably staring you in your smokebox. Now, I have to fetch my special train. I'm taking guests to the wedding.
- Percy: I love weddings.
- Thomas: Did you enjoy your kiss?
- [Percy closes his eyes and pretends to sleep]
Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday
- [Tiger Moth flies dangerously past Harold and the Hatts]
- The Fat Controller: What was that?!!
- Harold: That's Tiger Moth. It's rude and flies much too low.
- The Fat Controller: So I can see! Please take us up, Harold, before there's another disturbance.
- [Percy finds the Hatts' boat stuck in the mud bank]
- Percy's driver: Is there anything we can do to help?
- The Fat Controller: Yes, indeed, there is.
- [cut to the family's boat now on Percy's flatbed]
- The Fat Controller: This is the life, isn't it, my dear?!
A (Big) Surprise for Percy
- Trucks: [sing to Percy] Percy, Percy, green and small.
- He's no use to us at all.
- Around the yards, he'll puff and blow.
- But on the hills, he's oh, so slow!
- Percy: [bumps the trucks hard] BE QUIET!!
- Trucks: You're much too slow to pull all of us. We want another engine, or we'll be struggling up the hill all night!
- [chant] All night! All right!
- You can puff and blow!
- But on that hill, you're still too slow! Ha-ha!
- Percy: Slow yourself!
- [he bumps the trucks again]
- Trucks: Temper! Temper!
Make Someone Happy
- Cranky: Hey you, down there! I'm playing Lucky Dip in the tramper's hold and all these are for you!
- [the workmen unveil what Cranky has unloaded]
- Percy: Wooden horses, for the carousel ride! It's going to be a very exciting fair!
- James: You were quite right, Thomas. Making someone happy does cheer you up.
Busy Going Backwards
- Toad: I'm always going backwards, Mr. Oliver. I have forward-thinking views. I could be a leader, if you know what I mean.
- Gordon: You can't be a leader without a train to follow you. You don't have a train.
- Toad: I'm sorry, Mr. Oliver, if I caused you any embarrassment.
- Oliver: That's all right, Toad. So, what do you think of going forwards?
- Toad: It was fun! But from now on, I'll be happy to look forward to the future, busy going backwards, so to speak!
Duncan Gets Spooked
- Duncan: [to Peter Sam] Fancy not securing your trucks on a hill. They'll come back to spook you and your special funnel. WHOO!!!
- Rusty: And who's to say you're not afraid of ghosts?!
- Duncan: Ghosts? Things that go bump in the night? Rubbish!
- Rusty: Well, I'll tell you a story that'll make your funnel quiver.
- [cut to the Old Iron Bridge one night]
- Rusty: A long time ago, a little engine was returning home. It was a misty moonlit night. As the engine crossed the Old Iron Bridge, he suddenly lost control, and plunged over the side, into the swamps below.
- [the engine falls into the ravine]
- Rusty: He was never found again, but many a workman will tell you that when the moon is full, they have seen the little engine trying to get home. But he never reaches the other side.
- [cut back to the present]
- Rusty: So, what do you think of that, Duncan?
- Duncan: Rubbish!
- Duncan: Haunted bridge. Rubbish! It's as tame as a pet rabbit!
- Rusty: No one knew that the heat from Skarloey's engine had helped to make an igloo.
- Workmen: It's a snowball. It's a snow house. It's an engine!
- Rusty: They cleared away the ice, only to find Skarloey's driver and fireman drinking cocoa, as if nothing had happened!
- Gordon: [covered in snow] Help!
- Thomas: If Skarloey survived a snowfall, surely, a big, proud engine like you could do the same.
- Gordon: [furiously] Pah!
Rusty and the Boulder
- Rusty: [to his driver] I think it's the boulder wanting us to go away.
- The Fat Controller: [about the boulder] We should've left this part of the island... alone.
- Salty: [sings] Yo-ho-ho and a bucket of prawns.
- The tiller spins, and the captain yawns.
- [Bill and Ben try sorting the trucks]
- Salty: Here we go. Here we go. Here we go.
- Bill & Ben: No, we don't. No, we don't. No, we don't, don't, don't!
Harvey to the Rescue
- Henry: Harvey's different.
- Edward: He doesn't even look like an engine.
- Gordon: Surely the Fat Controller won't let him pull coaches.
- James: He's just cranky on wheels.
- Harvey: Maybe my coming here wasn't such a good idea, Sir.
- The Fat Controller: Nonsense!
- Harvey: But the engines don't like me. I'm too different.
- The Fat Controller: Different is what makes you special.
No Sleep for Cranky
- Salty: [after Cranky accidentally knocks down the shed] You've blown the main now, matey!
- Salty: It was a bitter cold winter. The brave little ship was stuck, until the ice melted the next spring. He barely made it around the cape. After 100 scary days at sea without a scratch, he sailed into port and crashed his bow, not 15 feet from my buffers! Luckily, no one was hurt.
- Cranky: Except my ears.
A Bad Day for Harold (the Helicopter)
- Pilot: Maybe we should take the mail bags a few at a time. They're very heavy.
- Harold: I'd have to make too many trips, and then I'd be as slow as Percy!
[about the last time Harold took the mail when he was held up]
- Percy: It made me feel like a really useless engine.
Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry/Quarry Truck
- Elizabeth: Do you mind?! I'm trying to sleep!
- Elizabeth: Oh, it's you. Have you learned to drive properly yet?
- Thomas: She's in trouble now.
- The Fat Controller: Elizabeth! My first lorry! I thought you had been lost!
- [after hearing a loud demonstration of the new foghorn]
- Percy: That's loud!
- James: Too loud!
- Gordon: Sounds like a tugboat to me!
- Percy: Oh, jeepers! That foghorn is so loud it rattles my dome! And it doesn't even make my axles tingle.
Jack Jumps In
- Jack: I'm Jack, the front loader. I can load, unload, and carry lots of things.
- Thomas: I can haul and shunt.
- Miss Jenny: And I can get you two chatterboxes off to the quarry.
- [Max stops in front of the furious Jack]
- Jack: Stop bullying!
- Max: Can't you take a joke?
A Friend in Need
- [Ned loads Max too much]
- Max: Careful, bumble bucket!
- Ned: Sorry.
- [after Jack has saved Thomas from the damaged bridge]
- Miss Jenny: Spot on, Jack! You'd make a mother proud!
- Thomas: And a tank engine grateful!
- Miss Jenny: It's off to the fitters with you tomorrow, Jack. The Pack can't have a front loader with bent arms.
- Jack: You mean, I can stay?
- Miss Jenny: I wouldn't have it any other way.
- Kelly: We're a cracking crew!
- Isobella: And all the better that Jack's being here!
- Alfie: Welcome to The Pack, Jack!
It's Only Snow
- Edward: Driver says there's more snow on the way.
- James: We'll soon be wearing our snowplows.
- Henry: You'll enjoy that, won't you, Thomas?
- Thomas: You know I won't. I don't like my snowplow!
- Thomas: [mutters about his snowplow] Big, horrid, awkward thing.
- Donald: May I go, Sir?
- The Fat Controller: I only need one engine. Not 2.
- Donald: I am only one engine, Sir. And I would like to work with Duck.
- Narrator: The Fat Controller was surprised, but agreed.
- Thomas: Won't you miss one another? I know I'd miss Annie and Clarabel.
- Douglas: I'll work better on my own!
- Donald: I have work to do.
- Donald: Did you shunt those trucks onto the other line?
- Duck: You said you wanted them on the other line!
- Donald: Not that other line! The other other line! [to himself] Douglas would've known what I meant.
The World's Strongest Engine
- Gordon: Trucks are no one's friends.
- Diesel: When the Fat Controller sees how good I am, he'll get rid of steam engines once and for all!
- Edward: [tells one of his Halloween stories] They say that on Halloween, the ghost engine returns to the smelters, looking for his lost whistle. "Whoo! Whoo!"
- Other engines: Ooh! Ahh! Spooky!
- Duck: It was naughty of Thomas to tease you, Percy.
- Percy: He was only playing. I hope he hurries up. I wouldn't want him to be late for the fireworks.
- [Thomas races past]
- Thomas: HE'S AFTER ME!!!
- Duck: I don't think he'll be late.
Percy and the Haunted Mine
- [Percy tells the twins about the disappearing chimney]
- Donald: It's the naughty gnomes.
- Douglas: Wee fat men with big feet. They make strange things happen. It's legend. They steal your wheels and filch your funnels.
- Percy: [after seeing another building at the mine sink] Double bouncing buffers!
- Arry: Hello, James. Come to learn a thing or two from those who know?
- James: Just get my trucks ready and stay out of my way!
- Bert: Yes, sir!
- Arry: Little red piggy in the middle!
- Bert: Just like Percy!
- James: I'm not like Percy! I'm not a middle engine, and I'm not moving!
James and the Red Balloon
- Donald: [about the balloon] Why, it's a floating basket with people in it!
- Douglas: Whatever will they dream up next?
- James: Passengers should travel on trains, not in silly balloons!
- Percy: [frozen] Hello, J-J-J-J-James!
- James: SCARY JACK FROST!!
- Elizabeth: [sees the frozen Percy] Oh, my dear! It looks like Jack Frost really got you!
Gordon Takes a Tumble
- Thomas: Why the rush, Gordon?
- Gordon: If I must pull trucks, then I'll show Salty how an express engine pulls trucks.
- Salty: Careful, cap'n. You don't wanna get too big for your buffers.
- The Fat Controller: Well, Gordon, you wanted to show Salty a thing or two, and you've certainly done that. You've shown him how silly it is to ignore "go slow" signs.
- Gordon: Sorry, Sir.
Percy's Chocolate Crunch
- Percy: [after all his literally dirty work] From now on, I am only doing work where I won't get dirty!
- [Percy returns to the sheds, covered in chocolate]
- Thomas: You look good enough to eat.
- James: Bon-bon Percy!
- Henry: Choc-ice on wheels!
- Gordon: Disgraceful!
- Bill: You're only getting new buffers because you're clumsy!
- Ben: No I'm not!
- Bill: Yes you are!
- Ben: No I'm not!
- Bill: Yes you are!
- Mavis: Will you two stop being crab pots?!
- [Ben, with his new buffers, finds Bill stuck in the pit with busted buffers]
- Bill: Bust my buffers!
- Ben: I think you have.
Toby Had a Little Lamb
- Toby: Bitter cold, bitter cold. Still, I'll soon be back in my nice, dry shed.
- Farmer McColl: My phone lines are down. All the roads are blocked. And my sheep have just started lambing. They're trapped on the hillsides, cut off by the snow.
Thomas, Percy and the Squeak
- Gordon: [after hearing Botti's scream] Definitely a coloratura!
- Botti: [looks at Percy] Look at the little green engine. So sweet, and dirty! Like a proper steam engine!
- Gordon: But he's filthy!
- Percy: But I clean up nice.
Thomas (and) the Jet Engine
- James: Speed isn't everything.
- Thomas: But being reliable and useful is.
- Gordon: You slow engines will never understand, because you'll never go as fast as me.
- Thomas: [after his wild ride] Sorry for overtaking you back there, Gordon.
- Gordon: Overtake me? I didn't notice.
- Henry: You didn't notice the fastest engine on the Island of Sodor?
- Thomas: Yes. I am the fastest.
- Percy: Gordon doesn't have to go as fast as a jet engine. He's a steam engine.
- James: But he's still full of hot air!
Edward the Very Useful Engine/Edward the Really Useful Engine
- Gordon: Edward is a useless old steam pot. He should be retired.
- Percy: But he doesn't have tires.
- Thomas: Retired means taken out of service.
- Gordon: And not a moment too soon.
- Trucks: Duck should play with other ducks,
- 'cause he's no good at pulling trucks!
- Quack, quack, quack, quack!
- Hold back! Hold back! [laugh]
- Duncan: I'm a plain-speaking engine, so collect your trucks, and be quick about it!
- Rheneas: Bossy boots!
- Skarloey: Pushy puffer!
- Rusty: He just wants to get back to the bustle of the junction.
- Duncan: [after his crash] Glub-glub-glub! Bluggle by boiler!
Rusty Saves the Day
- [Elizabeth passes Rusty, Skarloey, and Rheneas while they are busy clearing up the line]
- Elizabeth: What a waste of time!
- Skarloey: She's right. We'll never get it done in 2 weeks.
- Rusty: We can't give up.
- [after the line is successfully cleared]
- The Fat Controller: Well done, Rusty! And well done, Elizabeth! We will open this line immediately. Maybe now, Rusty will have time to work at the quarry.
- Peter Sam: [without his whistle] I can't run on the tracks without my whistle. It'd be too dangerous.
- Duncan: An engine is not an engine without a whistle.
- [after the whistle-less Duncan has returned with the headmaster, who is still playing his organ]
- Rusty: Look! It's Duncan the musical engine!
- Rheneas: Let's whistle along!
Emily's New Coaches
- The Fat Controller: Thomas, meet Emily.
- Thomas: Hello, Emily.
- Emily: Hello, Thomas.
- The Fat Controller: Emily, collect your coaches. You and your driver must learn the line.
- Emily: Yes, sir.
- Driver: [to Emily] These aren't your sort of coaches, but I suppose they'll do.
- Annie and Clarabel: How dare he say "we'll do"!
Percy Gets it Right
- Percy: I've got important news - the tracks on Toby's line are wobbly!
- Gordon: Ha! Old and wobbly just like Toby! That's not news! Can't stop to listen to your silly chatter! [leaves]
- Percy: Gordon never listens to me.
- [after hearing the news about Thomas and his mishap on Toby's line]
- Gordon: Worry wheels!
- James: Fussy funnel!
Bill, Ben and Fergus
- Thomas: Hello. Where are you going?
- Fergus: To the quarry.
- Thomas: Watch out for Bill and Ben the twins. They love to make mischief.
- Fergus: I won't let young rascals rattle me!
- Thomas: You don't know the twins like I do!
- Fergus: Wait for the "all clear" signal. Do it right.
- Bill: There he goes again! [mocks Fergus] "Do it right", from morning till night!
- Ben: Keep your funnel out of our quarry!
The Old (Iron) Bridge
- [Skarloey refuses to cross the bridge]
- Driver: We'll pick up the trucks
- Rheneas: But if you don't cross the bridge soon, The Fat Controller will be cross.
Edward's Brass Band
- Cranky: [after Edward is knocked off the track] You useless little engines are always in the way!
- [after Edward is mended]
- Driver: I can hear music.
- Edward: That's not music. That's an alarm.
What's the Matter with Henry?
- Thomas: What's the matter with you Henry?
- Henry: My boiler's grumbling.
- Thomas: Maybe it's grumbling at you!
- Percy: Hurry up, Henry!
- Henry: I can't go any faster.
- Thomas: You're just being lazy.
James and the Queen of Sodor
- James: [after Percy has splashed mud on Gordon] Keep your dirt away from me! I'm collecting the mayor today!
- Gordon: I should do that.
- James: Really? You need a washdown first!
- Gordon: Pah!
- Gordon: Is collecting the Queen of Sodor important work, too?
- The Fat Controller: Very important work. Do I have a volunteer?
- James: Very important work? I'll do it!
- The Fat Controller: Then it's settled. She's waiting at the canal.
- James: Thank you, sir!
The Refreshment Lady's Tea Shop/The Refreshment Lady's Stand
- The Fat Controller: The refreshment lady needs another place for another tea room.
- Peter Sam: I can find her a beautiful place.
- Refreshment lady: I knew it. It'll be a piece of cake.
- Peter Sam: Tea rooms don't leave in cakes.
- Refreshment lady: It's just my way of saying it would be fun and easy to find the right place.
- Rusty: [looks at the derailed coach] Driver said this shed is useless now.
- Peter Sam: It's not a shed. It's an old railway coach.
The Spotless Record
- Trucks: Chuff chuff chuff! You tug and huff! But you're so rusty you can't even puff!
- Arthur: Stop singing! Trucks should do as they're told!
- Thomas: Oh, Arthur, what a mess!
- The Fat Controller: What happened here?
- Arthur: The trucks were singing. I told them to stop but they made me go too fast.
- Thomas: Please, sir. It's my fault.
- [he explains about Arthur's mishap]
- The Fat Controller: Arthur, it's fruitless for me to say more, but, Thomas, you must help clear up this mess.
Toby's Windmill/Toby and the Windmill
- Miller: [after Toby's mishap with the trucks] If I can't sell my flour, I will have to shut down the windmill.
- Toby: I'm sorry.
- [after the storm earlier destroyed the windmill]
- Toby: The windmill is damaged!
- Miller: This means the end of my business. I can't afford the timber to make repairs.
Bad Day at Castle Loch
- Percy: Where are you going?
- Donald: Lord Callan's Castle.
- Harvey: By Castle Loch.
- Percy: I'm glad I'm not going to Castle Loch.
- Douglas: Scared the monster might get you!
- Donald: He might!
- Douglas: There is not!
- Donald: Is too!
- Douglas: Is not!
- Donald: Is too!
- Douglas: There is not!
- Donald: Is too!
- Douglas: Is not!
- Donald: Is too!
- The Fat Controller: [on the phone] Donald and Douglas trapped by the Loch? I'll send help as soon as I can.
Rheneas and the Roller Coaster
- Rheneas: How can I make the children's day really special?
- Rusty: You know the mountains better than any engine.
- Children: [after Rheneas has stopped] It was the best school trip ever!
- The Fat Controller: You gave the children a wonderful trip. You really are a very useful engine.
- Rheneas: Oh, thank you, sir!
Salty's Stormy Tale
- Salty: It may be sunny now, matey. But there be a storm comin'.
- Thomas: [mocks him] It may be sunny now, matey. But there be a storm comin'.
- Percy: There be a fierce storm on the way, cap'n!
- Thomas: Sorry if we hurt your feelings.
- Percy: We were only copying you because we think you're grand.
- Salty: Then say no more, me hearties!
(Oliver the) Snow Engine
- Oliver: I'm a Great Western engine. I shouldn't have to shiver.
- Toad: Begging your pardon, Mr. Oliver. But I think snow is splendid.
- Oliver: Hurrumph!
- Girl: Look! Our snowman has eyes in it's tummy!
- Boy: No, it doesn't. It's Oliver!
- [the children put the snowman's clothes on Oliver]
- Children: Oliver's a wonderful snow engine!
- Trucks: [after Thomas derails] He's fallen in the water!
- Thomas: Thank you for helping me.
- Arthur: Thank you.
- Thomas: But please tell The Fat Controller because I don't like fish.
The Runaway Elephant
- Skarloey: Duncan think's he's fast. But he's just a bossy boiler.
- Rusty: Better safe than fast.
- Stationmaster: You must wait for the brake van.
- Duncan: Nonsense. I pushed heavy loads in plenty of times.
- Driver: Let's go, Duncan. But we must be careful.
Peace and Quiet
- Harvey: What's the longest train you've ever pulled?
- Salty: Have you worked Mersey?
- Harvey: Have you ever crashed?
- Murdoch: Please! I want some peace and quiet and I don't want to share a shed with chatterboxes.
- Harvey: [offended] No need to be rude.
- Salty: We're only being friendly, matey.
- Murdoch: I'm sorry that I was cross. I'm very pleased to share a shed with you.
- Harvey: And we're pleased to have your company.
- Salty: Aye, we are. It reminds me of a story.
Fergus Breaks the Rules/Thomas and the Search for Fergus
- Diesel: The Fat Controller wants you to work at the Smelter's.
- Fergus: Me?! But I'm the pride of the Cement Works.
- Diesel: Not anymore. The Fat Controller says I'm better than you.
- Fergus: It's not fair!
- [after Thomas has saved Fergus]
- The Fat Controller: Fergus, explain yourself.
- Fergus: I ran away. It's scary here.
- Thomas: Diesel told Fergus that you wanted him at the Smelter's forever.
- The Fat Controller: Nonsense, Fergus. You are the pride of the Cement Works. I shall send Diesel to the Smelter's, and you can go back to the Cement Works tomorrow.
- Fergus: Oh, thank you, sir!
Bulgy Rides Again
- Thomas: Bulgy, what are you doing here?
- Bulgy: I'm being repaired. I'm going back on the road.
- Emily: I think you'll be helping the new farmer. He needs to deliver his vegetables across the island.
- Bulgy: Vegetables?! I'm going to carry passengers!
- Bulgy: Silly hens! Silly passengers! You can have them both!
- Emily: The farmer still needs help with his vegetables.
- Bulgy: A vegetable bus? Hey, that's not such a bad idea!
Harold and the Flying Horse
- Percy: Don't forget to come the the Vicar's party!
- Harold: Thanks for the invitation, but duty calls!
- [upon hearing the bad news about Pegasus]
- Percy: Pegasus? That's a funny name for a horse.
- The Fat Controller: It's the name of a flying horse in a very old story.
- Percy: Flying horse?! Horses can't fly!
The Grand Opening
- [Sir Topham and Lady Hatt are on their way to the grand opening]
- Pilot: Engine trouble. Harold's not going anywhere today.
- Lady Hatt: But I've been looking forward to the grand opening all week!
- The Fat Controller: And I, my dear, will find a solution.
- [he turns his attention to the red balloon]
- Lady Hatt: Topham, you cannot be serious! Me, ride in this?!
- The Fat Controller: The wind direction is perfect. We'll be there in no time.
- [after the balloon has fallen through the tree]
- Lady Hatt: My hat is ruined!
- The Fat Controller: So is mine.
Best Dressed Engine
- Percy: I'm going to have flags and streamers.
- Thomas: I'm going to have a big red banner.
- Murdoch: What decorations will you have, Gordon?
- Gordon: Decorations aren't dignified for an important engine like me! I pull the Express!
- James: We could have a contest for the Best Dressed Engine.
- [Gordon arrives]
- Gordon: A contest! I'm bound to win any contest!
- James: You will have to be decorated. This is a Best Dressed Engine contest!
- Gordon: Not me! You'd never catch me looking so ridiculous!
Gordon and Spencer
- Gordon: Don't forget the water!
- Spencer: Who cares?!
- Thomas: He'll be in trouble soon.
- Gordon: Run out of water?
- Spencer: Yes! I must have a leaky tank!
- Gordon: Perhaps. But we'd better hurry. Everyone is waiting.
Not So Hasty Puddings/Cakes
- Thomas: [about his snowplow] I don't need that silly old thing!
- Elizabeth: Stuff and nonsense. You can't be a reliable engine if you can't get through the snow.
- Thomas: You know I'm reliable. I just don't like my snowplow.
- Thomas: [about the accident] It wasn't your fault, Elizabeth. It's the slippery roads.
- Rusty: Don't use the old wooden bridge. It's dangerous.
- Duncan: How would you know? You're only a diesel.
- The Fat Controller: [to Duncan, after crossing the collapsed bridge earlier] That was very irresponsible.
- Duncan: Yes, sir. Sorry, sir, and Rusty, you were very brave.
- The Fat Controller: Yes, Rusty. You really are a useful engine.
- Rusty: Thank you, sir.
Three Cheers/Hooray for Thomas
- Percy: Hello, Thomas. I'm taking the Fat Controller to Sports Day.
- Thomas: You can see the egg-and-spoon race.
- Percy: I didn't know eggs and spoons had races.
- Bertie: The children race with eggs on spoons.
- Thomas: And the winner gets a medal. I wish I could have a medal.
- Percy: You need to win a race first. I'll race you, Thomas.
- Children: Three cheers for Thomas, the #1 engine!
- Bertie: But I still won the race.
- Narrator: Thomas just peeped happily.
Thomas and the Tuba
- Harvey: [after Thomas is put back onto the track] How did you get into this mess?
- Thomas: I was looking for the tuba player.
- Harvey: Look and listen. If he's a tuba player, he might be playing his tuba.
Percy's New Whistle
- Bert: [after Percy whistles to Arry and Bert] Call that a whistle? Just listen to this! [blasts his horn]
- Arry and Bert: Diesels can do anything better than steamies!
- Percy: My whistle is just as good as your silly old horns!
- The Fat Controller: [after Percy used his whistle properly] Well done, Percy! You blew your whistle at the right time, and saved Thomas from an accident. You are a really useful engine, and a safe one.
Thomas to the Rescue
- Thomas: [after Diesel shunts him under the hopper] Cinders and ashes!
- Diesel: What's that horrible smell? Oh, it's just a stinky old steam engine.
- Thomas: How rude!
- Diesel: No wonder the Fat Controller is thinking of scrapping steamies.
- Thomas: I don't believe you.
- Salty: Ahoy there, me hearties! Fresh diesel from the Mainland!
- [Diesel and Mavis get refueled and Diesel starts to rev his engine]
- Diesel: Haha! This new fuel makes my axles tingle.
- Thomas: Coal doesn't make my axles tingle. I wish I had fresh fuel from the depot.
- Mavis: [about the new fuel] Oh, my!
- Diesel: I'm the fastest engine in the world! Look at me go!
- [suddenly, he breaks down]
- Diesel: I feel sick.
- Mavis: [breaking down as well] So do I.
Henry and the Wishing Tree
- Henry: What are those children doing?
- Thomas: That's the old Sodor wishing tree.
- Henry: A wishing tree?! How wonderful! Do you think it would make my wish come true?
- Thomas: It might.
- [Henry approaches the "wishing tree" and closes his eyes]
- Henry: I wish I could pull the Express instead of Gordon.
- Henry: My wish has made Gordon go the repair yard!
James Gets a New Coat
- James: [shows off his new coat of paint] Look at me! Don't I look fine?
- Thomas: You should be at work.
- Thomas: Looking splendid is not the same as being Really Useful.
- James: But best of all is being Really Useful and splendid - like me!
Thomas Saves the Day
- Thomas: [after his accident with the difficult bend] I can't go around the difficult bend. I'm not a useful engine without Annie and Clarabel.
- Harvey: You are a really useful engine, and a jolly good friend!
- The Fat Controller: You have saved my new station. You are a very brave and useful engine.
- Thomas: Thank you, sir.
Percy's Big Mistake
- [Cranky is loading pipes onto Percy's trucks]
- Percy: Hurry up, slow coach! I must be on time!
- Cranky: I'll take as long as I like!
- The Fat Controller: Where is Percy? He has caused confusion and delay!
- Gordon: He just left very quickly, sir!
- Thomas: He heard you at the sheds, sir. He thought you were sending him to be scrapped!
- The Fat Controller: I think I need a word with Percy. You must all help me find him!
Thomas, Emily and the Snowplough
- Emily: I told you to go and get your snowplough! Now look what's happened!
- Thomas: You should be sorry for bossing me about!
- Emily: I am sorry - sorry you didn't listen to me!
- Thomas: I am never listening to Emily ever again!
Don't Tell Thomas
- Thomas: [notices the tree on Emily's flatbed] Is that part of the surprise?
- Emily: That is for me to know and you to find out.
- [The Fat Controller's engines are talking about Thomas' surprise]
- Edward: I can't wait.
- Percy: He'll love it.
- [Thomas arrives]
- James: Shh!
- Henry: Don't tell Thomas!
- Thomas: Hmph! If they won't tell me, I don't want to know! [leaves]
Emily's New Route
- The Fat Controller: This means I won't have any toast or crumpets for breakfast. If you are late again, you will have to do the Black Loch Run instead of James!
- Emily: I must get the flour to the station on time.
- Trucks: [teasing Emily] Emily the late engine! Emily the late engine!
Thomas and the Firework Display
- The Fat Controller: James has broken down. You must collect him, Thomas and bring him back or the fireworks display will be cancelled.
- Thomas: Oh, no! Then all the children will be sad!
- The Fat Controller: A sparkling dragon! It must be Thomas and James!
Gordon Takes Charge
- The Fat Controller: [after Gordon has crashed into the snow] I asked you to teach Percy, not show off all afternoon.
- Gordon: Yes, sir. Sorry, sir.
- Percy: Did you see how smoothly I puffed?
- Gordon: Yes, you have learned very well. But then again, I am a very good teacher!
Spic and Span
- [the engines are waiting for the railway inspector]
- Gordon: The sunlight here makes my dome sparkle.
- James: It makes my red paint look shinier than ever!
- Emily: And my wheels glimmer.
- Railway Inspector: These engines are filthy! I've never seen so much coal dust!
Edward the Great
- Driver: You have beaten Gordon's record!
- Spencer: Of course. I'm faster and finer than all the engines on Sodor put together.
- Gordon: Spencer's just a big silver showoff.
- [The Fat Controller shows up]
- The Fat Controller: Spencer will take the Duke and Duchess to their Summer House. Another engine will take their furniture.
- Thomas, Percy, Gordon, James: Please, sir, may I go?
- The Fat Controller: You all have other work to do. Edward will take the furniture.
- Gordon: Fancy sending a back engine to do an express engine's job!
- James: He'll lose the race and let the old railway down!
- Thomas: Spencer has a bigger boiler, but that just means more hot air.
- Percy: An honest steamie can beat a pouty puffer any day!
- Edward: [slowly puffs out of Knapford] Will do my best. Will do my best.
- Gordon: Edward is a waste of steam.
Squeak, Rattle and Roll
- Gordon: [eyes Diesel on his line] Out of my way! Express train coming through!
- [Diesel reverses onto another track]
- Diesel: You steamies are old and clapped out! When the Fat Controller realises this, you will all be scrapped!
- Gordon: Scrapped?! Pah! I'm as fast as I ever was!
- Gordon: [after beginning to rattle] Oh, dear! Oh, dear! Diesel was right - I am falling apart! What if The Fat Controller scraps me?
Thomas and the Circus
- Salty: Arr, would you be needing a hand there, matey?
- [Thomas hears the band playing and the cheering from the workmen]
- Thomas: No thank you, Salty. I can do it on my own.
- James: [sees Thomas pulling the entire circus train] If you want to uncouple some trucks, I can take them for you.
Thomas Gets It Right
- Farmer McColl: Stop, Thomas! You have broken my eggs!
- Thomas: Cinders and ashes! I'm sorry. I just wanted to be really useful.
- The Fat Controller: You have all worked hard and been really useful engines.
- Thomas: I've only made one journey, sir. And I've broken Farmer McColl's eggs.
- The Fat Controller: But most of the eggs were delivered safely. Farmer McColl gave the broken ones to me, and I love having scrambled eggs for my tea! You, Thomas, are a really useful engine.
As Good as Gordon
- Emily: It doesn't matter if you are late.
- James: You must wait your turn!
- Emily: Express trains don't wait.
- The Fat Controller: [upon hearing Emily's mischief] You should have waited, and now you have caused confusion and delay! You left the brake coach, stranded Bertie's passengers, and bumped your carriages. You must learn to be more patient.
- Emily: I'm sorry, sir.
- Arthur: [to Thomas] Only take 5 trucks at a time and go slow and steady.
- Thomas: [after the crash] Oops! Sorry!
- Salty: Never mind, me hearty! The smell reminds me of the sea!
- Emily: [spots a water tower obstructing her line] Oh, no! Hurry up! [whistles impatiently]
- Elizabeth: Not if you ask like that!
- Emily: I've got an urgent delivery!
- [Elizabeth returns to try clearing the track, and Emily crossly blows her whistle again, Thomas arrives]
- Thomas: Hello.
- Emily: She won't do a thing I tell her.
- Thomas: That's because you're a "big bossy boiler". You should try asking nicely for a change.
- Emily: [takes a deep breath] I'm sorry I was rude, but can you help me get this timber to Farmer McColl's? Please? It's to help the baby calves.
- Elizabeth: Why certainly! I'll get your track cleared in no time!
- [she pushes the water tower very hard and soon clears the tracks]
- Emily: Thank you!
- Farmer McColl: Thank you, Emily. The calves will be nice and warm now.
- Emily: [after hearing moaning and groaning] What was that? You said there was no such thing as ghosts.
- Thomas: "Silly make-believe" you said.
- [Arry and Bert rattle the flatbed trucks]
- Thomas: Cinders and ashes!
- Emily: Help! It's the ghost! Let's get away from here!
- [after Arry and Bert exhibit their antics to Thomas and Emily]
- The Fat Controller: What is all this fuss and bother? It has caused confusion and delay!
- Thomas: But sir, the flatbeds were rattling.
- Emily: And we heard moaning...
- Thomas: ...and groaning!
- The Fat Controller: [to Arry and Bert] Do you know anything about this?
- Bert: It was us, sir.
- The Fat Controller: For your punishment, you will go back and collect the iron at once!
- Arry and Bert: Yes, sir.
You Can Do it, Toby!
- [after Edward helps Gordon]
- Gordon: Slow coach!
- Toby: I'm trying me'ardest!
- [Toby is helping Gordon up the hill]
- Percy: You can do it, Toby! Go on!
Chickens to School
- Thomas: Sheep to market, children to the farm, chickens to school.
- The Fat Controller: [having heard of Thomas' recent troubles] Thomas, you have caused confusion and delay. [then explains the troubles elaborately] Don't worry. All you need is some help.
- Thomas: Gordon has said a really useful engine never needs help.
- Edward: [laughs] Pah! I'm always helping Gordon up the Hill!
- Narrator: Gordon was very embarrassed.
- The Fat Controller: Percy and Edward, you are to help Thomas.
Too Hot for Thomas
- Ice Cream Factory Manager: [to Thomas] We have to make lots more ice cream. You must go and get the cream, the chocolate, and the strawberries.
- Thomas: Why are all the children cheering?
- Percy: They're cheering for you. They've been waiting for the ice cream.
- [The Fat Controller shows up]
- The Fat Controller: Today, you have worked extra hard. You are a really useful engine.
- Thomas: Delivering ice cream is a fun job after all.
James Goes Too Far
- James: [running out of water] I don't feel well.
- Driver: Your water tanks have run dry.
- [Edward arrives]
- James: Please push me to the water tank.
- Edward: I'm sorry. You wouldn't take my slate trucks to the quarry and now I'm running late with my passenger train.
- Salty: Why didn't you fill water this morning, matey?
- [James explains his troubles]
- Salty: I've heard you were too busy to help Edward too!
- James: I was in a hurry! My job is the most important!
- Salty: No job is more important than helping another engine.
Percy and the Magic Carpet
- Salty: What's so special about a carpet? Maybe it's a magic carpet! I've heard tiller that it can fly! Do you know any magic words?
- Percy: You mean like "please"?
- Salty: No, Percy. Other magic words like, "Hey, Presto!", "Hocus Pocus!", and "Abracadabra!".
- Percy: [the carpet is loaded on his truck] It doesn't look very magic.
- [after the carpet has blown onto the line that Thomas is approaching]
- Percy: I know! I'll say a magic word: Hey, Presto! Hocus Pocus! Abracadabra! Please?
Percy and the Oil Painting
- Percy: [to the artist] Everywhere on Sodor is special, and so are the people and the children and the engines! We are all special!!
- Artist: I have found the perfect thing to paint.
- The Fat Controller: What is it?
- Artist: I am going to paint Percy!
- Percy: [surprised] Bust my buffers! You want to paint me?!
- Artist: Percy is honest, hardworking and helpful - and he is not afraid to speak his mind. He is surely the Spirit of Sodor.
Thomas and the Rainbow
- Thomas: [noticing the rainbow] Look at all those colors, Edward!
- Edward: That's a rainbow. An old story says you'll find something magical at the end of the rainbow.
- Thomas: Something magical! That sounds wonderful! I must find the end of the rainbow right away!
- Thomas: [after being put back onto tracks] Thank you for rescuing us, Harvey.
- [Harvey explains to Thomas about the mess]
- Harvey: All of your friends have helped rescue you.
Molly's Special Special
- Thomas: Hello.
- Molly: Hello.
- Thomas: [worried, noticing Molly looking sad] What's the matter?
- Molly: Emily laughed at me because I have to take empty trucks to the coaling plant. I want to take full trucks like a really useful engine.
- Thomas: [to himself] How can I make Molly feel important?
- [he sees some flapping tarpaulins, Molly reverses her trucks to a siding, and her driver puts the tarpaulins on Molly's trucks]
- Thomas: With your trucks covered up, no one will know they are empty. We can make everyone think you're carrying a special delivery.
- Molly: Then I will feel important!
- Emily: She looks magnificent!
- [one of the tarpaulin's on one of Molly's trucks blow off]
- Gordon: Those trucks are empty! I knew it couldn't be as important as the Express!
- Percy: So it isn't a special special.
Thomas' Milkshake Muddle
- Ice Cream Factory Manager: [looks inside the shaken milk churns] This milk is almost butter! If you shake milk for long enough, it turns to butter. You must go back to the dairy, and get more milk! And remember to go slowly this time.
- [after Thomas brought all of the completely shaken milk churns to the baker for the cakes]
- The Fat Controller: Thomas, you have saved the children's party! So today, that makes you the most reliable engine on all of Sodor!
- Thomas: Hello.
- Mighty: Hello I'm Mighty!
- Mac: And I'm Mac!
- Mighty Mac: And together we're Mighty Mac!
- [The Thin Controller arrives]
- The Thin Controller: Mighty Mac, you are to take holidaymakers to the mountains campsite.
- Mighty: We've always worked in the shunting yard.
- Mac: How will we find our way over to the passengers?
- Thomas: It's simple. Look at where you want to go, then follow the track it will take you there.
- Mighty: We have to get there before dark so we'll have to work extra hard!
Thomas and the Toy Shop
- Thomas: [noticing a broken crate] What happened, Cranky?
- Cranky: That crate slipped off my hook!
- Thomas: What if the toys arrive late for the grand opening? The children will be very disappointed.
- Henry: I'll go as soon as the line's clear.
- Thomas: I know! I can collect the toys from the factory then I'll pick up the children.
- Henry: You won't be able to pull all the trucks of toys as well as Annie and Clarabel!
- Thomas: Don't worry, I can do it!
- Thomas: [stuck on Gordon's hill] You were right, Henry. This load is too heavy. I should've listened to you. And now, I know I need your help.
- Henry: What can I do?
- Thomas: You take the trucks to the toy shop, and I'll pick up the children. But we must hurry.
Respect for Gordon
- Percy: Rattler Gordon's keeping us all awake!
- Gordon: The only engine's keeping the other engines awake! The little engines have very bad manners!
- Narrator: But secretly he felt rather embarrassed.
- Emily: Oh, look rattler Gordon's here! He's pulling the "click-clong express"!
- [Diesel arrives]
- Diesel: I hope your "click clong" gets better soon. See you later, rattler. [leaves]
Thomas and the Birthday Picnic
- [after Thomas fails seeking a place for Dowager Hatt's picnic]
- Thomas: Nothing went right.
- Percy: Don't worry. I'm sure The Fat Controller's mother enjoyed the cake!
- Thomas: [shocked] The cake?! I steamed off before they could unload it! Now The Fat Controller's mother won't even be able to have her birthday tea!
- [he lets out a big cloud of steam]
- Thomas: I think hard enough. Another idea will come.
- Percy: Of course it will!
- [he tries whistling, but it is clogged]
- Gordon: Blow hard, Percy. Like this. [whistles low and long]
- Emily: I find "toot! toot!"'s much better. [whistles]
- Henry: [makes a long whistle] No, no, no! Slow and strong is always best.
- Thomas: That's it! Our whistles! I've had another idea.
- [all of The Fat Controller's engines are whistling "Happy Birthday To You"]
- Dowager Hatt: This is the best birthday picnic ever.
- The Fat Controller: Thomas, this is your best idea yet!
- Narrator: Thomas was delighted.
- Thomas: [hearing Rusty's horn] What was that wonderful sound?
- Peter Sam: That was Rusty. He thinks his horn is special. But we don't.
- Thomas: Well, I think it's special.
- The Thin Controller: Rusty, the brass band are ready for their tour of the hills.
- Rusty: Yes, sir.
- [after Rusty breaks down]
- Thomas: That's Rusty.
- Duncan: And the brass band.
- Thomas: They must be in trouble.
- The Fat Controller: If the brass band is with Rusty. we'll have the concert there.
Rheneas and the Dinosaur
- [after Rheneas and Skarloey's mishaps with the trucks]
- The Thin Controller: Rheneas and Skarloey, you are NOT careful engines! I will have to choose 2 other engines to collect the dinosaur.
- Rheneas: But I can be careful. Let me try again. Please?
- The Thin Controller: Very well, but this is your last chance.
- Rheneas: Thank you, sir.
- Skarloey: I'm sorry I biffed the trucks, but I'm sure we could take the dinosaur together.
- Rheneas: No! I'll show Mr. Percival I can do it on my own!
- [after Rheneas causes an accident with the dinosaur]
- Rheneas: [to Skarloey] I was silly to think I could pull this on my own. It needs two engines, and I need you. From now on, I'll always want us to work together.
Thomas and the New Engine
- [while Neville is backing to his trucks]
- Arry: Nearly there!
- Bert: Nearly there!
- [Neville bumps into his trucks hard]
- Arry & Bert: Watch where you're going, clumsy wheels!
- Bert: It's not our fault. You're a silly steamie.
- [after Neville has been saved from the damaged bridge]
- Neville: Thank you.
- Thomas: I should've warned you. But I was too busy believing silly stories. I thought you didn't like steamies but now I know I was wrong.
Toby Feels Left Out
- The Fat Controller: The new Sodor Museum opens soon. Lots of very important people will be coming to the island for the grand opening.
- Percy: What's a museum?
- Gordon: It's a place where they put old things so people can stand and look at them.
- The Fat Controller: I want you all to look your best so that everyone is to have a repaint.
- Toby: [after hitting a rock on the track] Bust my cowcatchers!
- [The Fat Controller arrives]
- The Fat Controller: Why have you been running away from me all day?
- Toby: I don't want to be put in a museum.
- The Fat Controller: Why would I do that, Toby?
- Toby: Because a museum is full of old things. I'm an old steam tram and I'm not really useful anymore.
- The Fat Controller: Toby, you may be old but you are far too useful to be put in a museum. You have worked harder today than any other engine, and a Sodor's only steam tram I have a very special job for you. First, you will have a special polish. Then, you are to take all the visitors to the museum for the grand opening. I've been trying to tell you that all day.
Thomas Tries His Best
- Gordon: [after hearing Thomas' story] You wouldn't have a problem if you were an Express engine! You'd go really fast and get the job done in double-quick time like me! I'll be in time to see the fair!
- Dock Manager: The generator at the fair has broken down. So there are no lights and all the rides have stopped working.
- Thomas: The children will be very sad.
- Dock Manager: Cranky has just unloaded the new generator. You must take it to the fair.
The Magic Lamp
- Rusty: Listen, Thomas. Skarloey is telling a story from the hills.
- Skarloey: Long, long ago, there was an old engine called Proteus. His lamp was so bright you could see it from miles around. Proteus said it was a magic lamp. He promised that if any engine ever found the lamp, their wishes would come true.
- Duncan: How would you know it was Proteus' lamp?
- Skarloey: First, you feel a rush of wind whenever the lamp is near, then you'll hear a strange creaking sound. And finally, you'll see it flicker on and off, off and on.
- Peter Sam: I don't believe there's a magic lamp!
- Peter Sam: The magic lamp, I know isn't true! It's just an old story, and quite silly too!
Thomas and the Statue
- Thomas: Are you looking forward to seeing my statue?
- Edward: It might not be your statue.
- Gordon: That's not Thomas!
- Percy: No, it's of all of us!
Henry and the Flagpole
- Salty: [after running over the flagpole by mistake] Oops. Sorry, matey.
- Henry: I wasn't expecting to see the flagpole down here!
- Trevor: Hello, Henry.
- Henry: You're very nice, Trevor. But you wouldn't make a very good flagpole.
Emily Knows Best
- Percy: Look at the castle! I wonder who lived there!
- Toby: A king and a queen, they rule the island and told everyone what to do. Percy, come along. We've got a lot to do today.
- [after Percy and Mavis cause a severely critical accident]
- Mavis: PERCY! You're not supposed to be on this track!
- [Toby arrives at the junction, but collides with the telegraph pole and derails]
- Emily: I'm sorry, Toby. I can't be a queen. I don't know what to do. I don't know best.
- Toby: I know what to do. You must go and get help.
Thomas' Day Off
- Thomas: I thought you broke down at the junction, and where are the trucks of tiles?
- Dennis: I tricked you. There was nothing wrong with me at the junction. I just didn't want to pull these heavy trucks. I'm a really lazy engine.
- Thomas: I'll pull you back onto the tracks, then I'll be your back engine. That way, we'll get the tiles to the school in double-quick time.
- The Fat Controller: Dennis, you have caused confusion and delay!
- Dennis: Thomas has shown me that being a Really Useful Engine is much better than being really lazy. Thank you, Thomas! From now on, I'll try to be a Really Useful Engine!
Thomas' New Trucks
- Thomas: [showing off his new trucks] I've got new trucks too!
- Bill & Ben: They're ever nicer than James'!
- James: Your trucks may be nice and new now. But you'll never keep your trucks as clean as mine!
- Thomas: Yes, I will. I'll have the cleanest trucks on the island.
- James: [covered in melon] Bother!
- Thomas: James, I think trucks like to be useful rather than clean.
- Narrator: And all the trucks agreed.
Duncan and the Old Mine
- Rusty: [after Duncan pushed his way through the barrier] Look what you done, Duncan.
- Duncan: I wanted an adventure.
- Rusty: This isn't a time for an adventure. We've got work to do.
- The Thin Controller: [upon hearing about Duncan's antics] Adventure can be full of surprises, Duncan; some good, and some not so good.
- Duncan: So next time I have an adventure, I will know to think clearly all the time.
Bold and Brave
- Diesel: You're looking very cheerful, Thomas.
- [Thomas explains about his given job]
- Diesel: Haven't you heard about the curse and the cliffs?
- Thomas: [nervously] No.
- Diesel: Whenever the first engine of the holiday season goes around the headland, a terrible fault comes down over the cliffs. The engine loses its way and nobody knows where it goes.
- Thomas: [sees Ben looking unhappy] What's the matter?
- Ben: I was enjoying myself until I met Diesel. He told me a monster lives in this tunnel. Now I'm too scared to go through.
- Thomas: I'm sure Diesel can't be right about the monster. Why don't I go into the tunnel first? Then you can follow me.
Skarloey the Brave
- Skarloey: [to Rheneas] You are such as scaredy engine. I'm not scared of anything.
- Skarloey: If went up the hill on the winch, then everyone will see how brave I am.
- [The winch hooks up to Skarloey and his trucks and together are pulled up the incline, Duncan and Rheneas arrive]
- Rheneas: Look at where Skarloey is!
- Duncan: That is the bravest thing to do!
- Skarloey: [proudly] Look at me! Look at me!
- [suddenly, the winch breaks]
- Skarloey: [racing down the incline] WEE!!
- The Fat Controller: [seeing Thomas pulling Edward's train] Thomas, this train is late, and why are you pulling it? Where is Edward?
- Thomas: Edward took on the wrong sort of coal, sir.
- The Fat Controller: The wrong sort of coal?! What nonsense, Thomas! I'll find out what Edward has to say about this later.
- [he gives Thomas another job]
- Thomas: Yes, sir.
- Edward: It's all my fault, sir. I asked Thomas not to tell you I couldn't work. I was afraid of going for scrap. I'm very sorry. I should've talked to you this morning.
- The Fat Controller: Yes. You should always tell me if you have a problem. You are a loyal hardworking and Really Useful Engine. I will send you to the fitter's yard straight away.
Thomas and the Golden Eagle
- Thomas: My train is long and heavy. If you take half of my trucks to the docks, I can go and find the golden eagle.
- [while Thomas is searching for the golden eagle]
- Bertie: The golden eagle has been seen on Gordon's Hill!
- Thomas: How exciting. I must get there right away.
Keeping up with James
- [James and Edward's trucks are filled with coal]
- Edward: You must slow down and take care!
- James: I am taking care! And taking care is finishing the job first!
- The Fat Controller: James and Edward, the tracks were icy and you were not taking care! You have caused confusion and delay!
- James: Edward wanted to slow down but I wanted to go fast so that I could pull the presents train.
- The Fat Controller: You will not be doing that now, James. Edward, you are a reliable engine. You can pull the presents train but you can't pull it alone. It's a very long train.
- James: Sir, if I promise to go slowly and take care, can I be Edward's back engine?
- The Fat Controller: Only if you can puff slowly and carefully.
- Narrator: James felt pleased.
- James: Edward, I will learn to take care just like you!
- The Fat Controller: [to Thomas] You are to collect flour from the mill and take it to the bakery. You must work with Diesel. The island needs it's morning toast, and Lady Hatt and I need our crumpets. So I'll have no mishaps tonight.
- [after Thomas delivers the flour to the bakery]
- Diesel: It's the ghost engine, sir! And it's come to get me!
- The Fat Controller: It's not a ghost engine! That's Thomas! He's a Really Useful Engine! Thomas, you have done a splendid job! You deserve a special washdown!
- Thomas: Thank you, sir.
Follow that Flour
- James: I am to take a truck of flour to make cakes and bread for the children's harvest festival supper.
- Thomas: I wish The Fat Controller had given me that job. It would be much more fun than shunting trucks.
- James: First, I have to take on water. Please shunt the flour truck for me, Thomas. [leaves]
- Thomas: Bossy boiler!
- [after Thomas has spilled flour throughout the wharf]
- Thomas: James, I know you tried to tell me about the flour and I know I was silly, but now I need your help.
A Smooth Ride
- Peter Sam: Why have you stopped, Sir Handel?
- Sir Handel: I have a problem. It happens when I go up hills. I start to rattle and rock, and then I have to stop. Could you help me up the hill?
- Peter Sam: Of course I can!
- The Thin Controller: You're a fine engine, Sir Handel. But you're no longer a smooth engine. I'll have to send you back to the stone quarry. That's the place for bumpy engines.
- Sir Handel: Please, sir, I can be a smooth engine. I only shudder and shake when I go up hills.
- The Thin Controller: I see.
- Sir Handel: Please, don't send me back to the stone quarry.
Thomas and the Jet Plane
- Thomas: Hello. I'm Thomas and I'm a tank engine.
- Jeremy: Hello, I'm Jeremy and I'm a jet plane.
- Thomas: It must be wonderful being able to fly.
- Jeremy: It is. I can go anywhere I want. Flying is the most fun in the world.
- Thomas: I like traveling on tracks. I puff past farms and villages, and see all the wonderful sights of Sodor.
- Jeremy: Well, from the air, I see the wonderful sights of Sodor all at once!
- Thomas: [heading for the airport station] I never want to talk to a jet plane again.
- Thomas: Jet planes can go wherever they'd like. I wish I were a jet plane.
- Percy: But engines can pull carriages and take children to picnics. Engines are really useful!
Percy and the Funfair/Carnival
- Percy: Maybe Toby and Edward need some help. Helping friends is much more important than delivering coal!
- Percy: Do you need any help?
- Toby: No, thank you, Percy.
- Edward: We can do it.
The Green Controller
- Lady Hatt: Sir Topham is sick. He has lost his voice.
- Percy: I hope he finds it soon.
- Lady Hatt: Sir Topham has given me a list of jobs. Listen very carefully - Gordon is to collect coaches of china from Knapford and take them to Brendam Docks. He must pull the coaches very slowly...
- Percy: Slow coaches....
- Lady Hatt: ...James is to shunt trucks in the coal yard. He must be as busy as a bee...
- Percy: ...Busy bee...
- Lady Hatt: ...and Toby is to take vistors from Maithwaite to the Scottish Castle. He must go as fast as Gordon's Express.
- Percy: ...Gordon's Express...
- Lady Hatt: You're in charge now, Percy.
- Percy: James, you must be a busy bee.
- James: Do you mean I have to be painted yellow and black?
- Percy: Yes, James!
- James: But why?!
- Percy: Because I am controller.
Duncan Drops a Clanger
- Duncan: [about the bell] What a wonderful sound!
- Foreman: Remember, the bell is very heavy. The track to the polishers is old and in need of some repair. You must go slowly and carefully.
- Duncan: [speeds past] HOORAY!!
- Sir Handel: Slow down! The track ahead is very wobbly!
Thomas' Tricky Tree
- Duncan: Are you looking for something, Thomas?
- Thomas: I'm looking for the Christmas tree.
- Duncan: Don't you know what a Christmas tree looks like? It's tall and green and pointy. Peter Sam, Thomas needs our help! He doesn't know what a Christmas tree looks like!
- Thomas: [cuts him off] Of course I do!
- Thomas: [after his mishap] I've been a very silly engine. I didn't want to listen to you. I thought I knew better than the little engines. but I don't. I need to find the tree, and there's no time to lose.
- Sir Handel: Of course I'll help you! Follow me, Thomas.
Toby's Afternoon Off
- Cranky: What are you waiting for?
- Toby: I'm here to pick up the cargo.
- Cranky: The ship's been caught in rough seas. The cargo won't be here until morning.
- Henry: Where are you going in such a hurry?
- [Toby explains about going to the farm and helping his friends]
- Toby: I thought friends helped each other, but they were all too busy to help me.
- Henry: That's because they've all been helping me!
- Narrator: Toby was surprised.
- Henry: I broke down, so Mavis brought me my special coal, Thomas took my passengers, and Salty brought me a new piston rod.
- Toby: They were all helping you! Is there anything I can do to help you, Henry?
- Henry: But then you won't get to the farm to see the animals.
- Toby: It doesn't matter. Helping a friend is much more important. What can I do?
- [Henry tells Toby to take his carriages]
- Toby: I don't know if I'll be able to move them, but I'm going to try.
- [he backs up and is coupled to Henry's carriages, Toby leaves the junction]
- Henry: Thank you, Toby! Sorry about your afternoon off!
It's Good to be Gordon
- [Henry is feeling ill due to the coal he has been given]
- Gordon: Are you feeling alright?
- Henry: I didn't get my special coal this morning. My firebox feels funny.
- Henry: I'm sorry you didn't set a new record today.
- Gordon: And I'm sorry I took your coal.
- Thomas: Who holds the old record?
- Gordon: I do!
Seeing the Sights
- Thomas: [to the visitors] Welcome aboard! I will show you all the wonderful sights of Sodor.
- [Gordon shows up]
- Gordon: I should be showing the sights to the important visitors
- Thomas: Why?
- Gordon: Because I could show them around much more quickly than you! Then they would see everything there is to see on Sodor.
- Thomas: I can show you all the sights as quickly as you can. Just you see!
- [after all the visitors have been left behind earlier]
- Thomas: What's happening?
- Bertie: No one was getting out, Thomas, because no one is left onboard.
- Thomas: Cinders and ashes!
- Bertie: You were in so much of a hurry you left them all behind.
- Thomas: I must go back and pick everyone up.
- Sir Handel: Hello, Freddie. I haven't seen you for years.
- Freddie: Fearless Freddie is back.
- Thomas: I didn't know you two were friends!
- Sir Handel: Oh, yes.
- [Rheneas and Skarloey show up]
- Skarloey: I'm the winner!
- Rheneas: No! I am.
- Freddie: Who are you?
- Rheneas and Skarloey: We're the fastest engines in the hills.
- Freddie: I'll show you who's fastest. I'll race you down the mountain.
- [after the race]
- Freddie: I'm sorry I tricked you. You're much faster engines than me.
- Rheneas: But you know all the old tracks. Please tell us about them.
Toby's New Shed
- Percy: Look what I'm taking to Farmer McColl's farm! It's a new house for his doves.
- Thomas: [with the timber] Well, I'm helping build a new roof for Toby's shed.
- Percy: That's exciting! Toby must be very happy!
- Thomas: He didn't look very happy when I told him.
- Percy: Maybe he likes his old roof.
- Thomas: Well, I'm going to show Toby his new roof will be the best new roof ever.
- [after Toby's shed is repaired]
- Thomas: Now you have the smartest shed on Sodor, Toby.
- [he sees Toby growing very sad]
- Thomas: What's wrong, Toby?
- [Toby sighs]
- Thomas: It's much better than your old roof, and it hasn't got any holes.
- Toby: But I liked my old roof with holes. Little birds flew into the holes to make their nests. My shed was their home too.
Edward Strikes Out
- Rocky: My name's Rocky.
- Edward: I'm Edward.
- Rocky: Can I come with you? I could help you with those heavy pipes.
- Edward: I don't need your help! New-fangled nonsense!
- Harvey: [picking up the pipes] This is going to take me a very long time!
- [Thomas and Emily arrive]
- Thomas: We have to get through. Why don't you go and get Rocky?
- Edward: No, no! Harvey is doing a fine job! We must be patient!
- Emily: I don't like being patient! We have a very important job to do!
- [Gordon arrives quickly, but collides with the pipes and derails]
- Harvey: I can't lift Gordon. He's too heavy.
- Thomas: Edward, we need Rocky!
- Gordon: New-fangled nonsense!
- Narrator: But Edward knew this was a disaster, and he knew that Harvey couldn't lift Gordon. There was only one thing to do.
- Edward: [leaves the junction] I'll go and get Rocky.
Topped Off Thomas
- Thomas: Hello, Spencer. What are you doing on Sodor?
- Spencer: I am to pick up Sir Topham, Lady Hatt, and the Duke and Duchess of Boxford. They are waiting at Kellsthorpe station. I am to take them to a very important tea at the Scottish castle.
- Thomas: [disappointedly] Why can't I take them in Annie and Clarabel?
- Spencer: Because you are a small engine and small engines get small jobs! I am a big engine, and big engines get big jobs!
- Thomas: I can go faster than the wind!
- Spencer: Nonsense!
- Thomas: [growing very cross] I'll race you to Kellsthorpe station!! Then we'll see!
- Thomas: Sometimes going slowly is as good as going fast!
Which Way Now?
- Rusty: [honking impatiently] It's time to go, it's time to go!
- Workmen: We haven't finished our jobs.
- Rusty: But we have to leave now! I can't be late for Sir Topham!
- Rusty: It was all my fault for hurrying you, but I can take you back to put them right, and this time I won't rush.
Thomas and the Shooting Star
- Gordon: I'm going to wish to be grander!
- James: I'm going to wish to be redder!
- Percy: I'm going to wish to pull the mail forever and ever!
- Thomas: Never to have to work with Diesel again, or never wearing my snowplough, or never having to pull smelly fish!
- Percy: I wished you would come home safely!
- Thomas: Thank you, Percy! Both of our wishes came true!
Big Strong Henry
- The Fat Controller: Farmer McColl needs lots of bricks, iron, and concrete. I need a strong engine to fetch them.
- Henry: I can do it, sir!
- Gordon: You're not as strong as I am. I'll do the jobs, sir.
- The Fat Controller: Gordon, you can do it. Henry, you can deliver the empty trucks.
- Henry: Empty trucks?
- Thomas: Never mind, Henry. We know you're big and strong.
- Percy: You can pull 10 trucks of sand, couldn't you?
- Henry: Yes, I could.
- Emily: You could pull 20 trucks of coal.
- Henry: I suppose so.
- Thomas: You could pull 50 trucks of iron and steel because you're "Big Strong Henry".
- Gordon: "Big strong Henry"?! What nonsense!
- Thomas: You'll see.
- Gordon: Pah!
- Percy: Look, Henry! If Gordon sees you pulling 5 heavy trucks, he'll see just how strong you are!
- [Henry backs up to the trucks; Gordon soon arrives]
- Gordon: Put those trucks back! Those are for Farmer McColl! I'm collecting them later!
- Percy: He's not as strong as you are!
Sticky Toffee/Taffy Thomas
- The Fat Controller: [at the scene of the accident] Toby, you must go to the yard to be repaired.
- Toby: If I don't take the sticky toffee to the party, the children won't be able to make toffee apples.
- Thomas: Please, sir, I could take the sticky toffee to the party.
- The Fat Controller: Very well, [firmly] but no more trying to be in fancy dress!
- Thomas: [while still at the airport] Oh no, I've been daydreaming! And now I'm late.
Wharf and Peace
- James: [after Skarloey jumps] Fancy jumping at a silly old crane! Scaredy little engine!
- Narrator: Skarloey felt very upset, and smaller than ever.
- Thomas: James was only teasing.
- Trucks: Scaredy engine! Scaredy engine! Clickety-clack! Don't come back!
- Skarloey: Maybe I am a scaredy little engine.
- Trucks: Clickety-clack! Look who's back! The scaredy engine's on our track!
- Skarloey: I am NOT a scaredy little engine! And If you biff me, I'll biff you back so THERE!!
- Trucks: OOH!!
Thomas' Frosty Friend
- [Thomas and Percy look at the snowman balloon]
- Percy: I've never seen such a big snowman!
- Thomas: Neither have I.
- Farmer McColl: [sees Thomas with the snowman balloon] Thomas! What are you doing with a balloon attached to your buffers?
Emily and the Special Coaches/Cars
- Diesel: [sees Emily and The Fat Controller] Now I'm in trouble.
- The Fat Controller: Diesel, where are Gordon's special coaches?
- Diesel: They're in a siding, sir.
- The Fat Controller: Take Emily there at once!
- Diesel: Yes, sir.
- Emily: [sees Diesel sputtering] What's wrong with your engine?
- Diesel: My engine's old. All that rushing 'round has worn it out.
- Emily: Then you shouldn't have taken the coaches.
- Diesel: You should've listened to me!
- Emily: Why should I listen to smelly old Diesel?
- Diesel: Because Gordon's not the only one to set a record. I've set one too.
- Emily: Have you?!
- Diesel: I've shunted more trucks in one day than any other diesel!
Thomas and the Colours/Colors
- Thomas: [sees James decorated] Cinders and ashes!
- James: Look, Thomas! Don't these flags look wonderful on me?
- Thomas: But you pulled the team carriages last year!
- James: And I'm pulling them again this year because I finished all my jobs. I got to the yard first.
- Thomas: It's not fair!
- Bertie: Please, Thomas, can you take the children to the football match for me?
- Thomas: I'm sorry, Bertie, but I have to help James.
- [he thinks he could only help James, but Thomas suddenly gets an idea]
- Thomas: I can take your passengers, Bertie, and I can help James too.
Thomas and the Birthday Mail
- Rosie: Hello, Thomas. What are you doing?
- Thomas: It's Alice's birthday. I want to get all her presents up to High Farm in good time.
- [Harold arrives]
- Harold: Another storm warning, I'm afraid! High winds on the way, and heavy rain! Heavy rain can cause landslides on that hilly route! [leaves]
- Thomas: High winds don't bother me...
- Rosie: ...or me. I'll come as your back engine.
- Thomas: No, thank you, Rosie. I can do it on my own.
- Rosie: [seeing Thomas stuck] It's meeeeeee! I'll go and get help.
- Thomas: Wait a minute! Please, will you deliver Alice's presents for me?
- Narrator: Rosie was very happy.
- Rosie: Of course I will!
- Duncan: You were a long time getting here.
- James: You're lucky I came at all. I've got an important job to do later. I'm taking some children to a party.
- Duncan: Is doing 2 jobs in one day too hard for you?
- James: Pah! I can do more jobs in one day than you can! I'm really useful!
- Duncan: How about a week on petition? I bet I could take coal to the villagers faster than you can deliver it.
- James: Alright! You're on!
- The Thin Controller: James is stuck. He has run out of coal. Now he won't be able to take the children to the concert.
- Duncan: I have to tell you about the hidden coal.
- The Thin Controller: You have caused delay and confusion, but you have told the truth, and a really useful engine always tells the truth.
- Duncan: I'll only be really useful if I could help James.
Missing Trucks/(Freight) Cars
- Peter Sam: Why are you so excited?
- Rheneas: Can't tell you.
- Rheneas: I must tell the other engines about my surprise. Maybe they can help me find the missing trucks before Skarloey finds The Thin Controller.
Thomas and the Treasure
- Salty: The admiral is always looking for the lost pirate treasure of Sodor.
- James: Pirates?!
- Emily: Treasure?!
- Salty: Yes, but no one has ever found it. First, find the eagle in the mountains. It's beak will point to the clouds, not in the sky. Then those clouds will lead to the skull and crossbones. And there, you'll find the treasure, me hearties.
- Thomas: Eagle? Clouds? Skull and crossbones? I'm sure I could solve those clues.
- Admiral: I am very proud to declare the new maritime museum open!
- [the big engines start whistling cheerfully along with the crowd cheering]
- Thomas: [sees the last clue] That's it! The pirate treasure's right here.
- Emily: Don't be silly!
- James: Everyone knows it's just a silly old story!
- Thomas: I followed all the clues.
- Admiral: Then you have found the skull and crossbones. Someone get me a shovel.
- [he starts digging for the treasure, until it appears]
- Admiral: The pirate treasure will be the most important thing in the whole museum.
- The Fat Controller: Thomas, you have made this the best opening ever!
James the Second Best
- The Fat Controller: This year there is to be a holiday poster for the railway, and I need an engine to be on the poster.
- James: I will look wonderful on the poster!
- The Fat Controller: The engine on the Sodor Railway poster will be...Edward!
- [Edward whistles excitedly; the photographer prepares his camera but James obstructs Edward]
- The Fat Controller: James, leave the shed now!
- Children: It's Edward! And look at James! He's pushing him! Isn't James a grand engine for being so kind?
- Edward: Even though you weren't the engine on the poster, you are still really useful.
Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out
- Thomas: [to Skarloey] I'll show you some wonderful new sights, sights you'll never see in the mountains. This will be your big day out.
- Skarloey: [after being repaired] This is the best big day out ever!
Thomas and the Storyteller
- Thomas: Are you the famous storyteller?
- Storyteller: I like to think so. You must be Thomas the Tank Engine. Will you please show me the sights of Sodor?
- Thomas: Of course!
- Thomas: We didn't visit any sights. I had to take James' passengers to Maithwaite station, Emily's flour to the bakery, and pull Percy out of the water.
- Storyteller: But it's a wonderful idea for a story! I should write all about your day, Thomas, and how you helped your friends.
Emily's Rubbish/Emily and the Garbage
- Whiff: Hello, Emily. My name's Whiff because I'm a bit smelly. You're going to help me collect some rubbish.
- Emily: Come on, then. Let's get started.
- Spencer: I've meant to be taken the Duke and Duchess to an important lunch. But my way's blocked by all these smelly rubbish trucks!
- Emily: Flatten my funnel!
- Spencer: Someone will have to move them.
- Emily: I suppose I'll have to move them. Ugh!
- [she pushes the trucks as hard as possible, but they do not move a wheel]
- Emily: Can you help me move these rubbish trucks?
- Gordon: Me?! Certainly not!
- Emily: Can you help me move these rubbish trucks, James?
- James: UGH!! No, thank you!
- Spencer: I'm still waiting.
- Emily: If Whiff were here now, he'd be happy to help me. He wanted to be my friend but I wasn't kind to him. I must find Whiff, and say sorry.
- Spencer: Take my carriages and shunt them away.
- Thomas: I will when I shunted these trucks.
- Spencer: I'm faster, shinier, and stronger than you, Thomas. You are just a little tank engine!
- Duke of Boxford: There's nothing better than an engine you can rely on! You have saved the day, Thomas!
- Percy: I still have lots of work to do. Can you help me, James?
- James: Sorry, Percy. It's much more important that I look smart. Now I need to be polished.
- The Fat Controller: James, you are a very hard working and really useful engine.
- James: You're not cross with me, sir. Even though I'm covered in coal dust and quarry dust and fish!
- The Fat Controller: What matters, James? It's that because you helped all your friends and safely delivered your important passenger. Well done!
- Narrator: James was very happy, and his friends all thought James was still the star of the show.
Hector the Horrid!
- Trucks: Big, black, strong, and solid!
- That truck's name is Hector Horrid!
- Rosie: [eyes Hector] Oh! Do we have to shunt and fill that big truck, Thomas?
- Thomas: Yes, but he doesn't want to be shunted. His name is--
- Hector: Keep away!
- [Rosie shakes and leaves; Thomas furiously bumps Hector out of retaliation]
- Hector: KEEP AWAY!!!
- Thomas: No, I won't! You are causing confusion and delay! You really are horrid! [biffs Hector, then is shocked at the sight of Hector derailing, and soon puffs over to him]
- Thomas: I'm sorry if I biffed you so hard, but why don't you want to be shunted?
- Hector: Because I'm scared.
- Thomas: Why?
- Hector: I'm new, and I'm scared because haven't been filled with coal before. I don't know what it feels like. That's why I didn't want to be shunted.
Gordon and the Engineer/Mechanic
- Gordon: Out of my way! I've got an important passenger to collect!
- Douglas: You can't get past! I can only go back as fast as the next station, then Donald is in the way.
- Gordon: Maybe all the engines can help.
- Gordon: [to Douglas] Thank you for helping me, today. Even though an important engine like me needs help.
Thomas and the Spaceship
- Percy: I've seen a spaceship!
- Gordon: Pah! What a silly little engine!
- Gordon: How many spaceships did you find?
- Thomas: It wasn't a spaceship. It was Jeremy the plane coming in to land. Gordon, I need your help. You are faster and stronger than any engine. If we share the trucks, the mail can still be delivered by breakfast.
Henry's Lucky Day
- Molly: I thought you were collecting trucks of presents.
- James: You're supposed to be at the airport!
- Henry: Edward has my lucky trucks. I must find him.
- Rocky: Don't worry. I'll have the line cleared in no time!
- Henry: [after the trucks are broken] I'm not going anywhere without my lucky trucks.
- Edward: But they're broken, and if you don't collect the presents soon the children won't haven anything to open in the morning.
- Henry: I'll have to get to the airport somehow, even without my lucky trucks!
Thomas and the Lighthouse
- Thomas: I'm sure the lightbulb wouldn't break if I went just a little faster.
- James: This is going to be the biggest firework party ever!
Thomas and the Big Bang
- Rusty: You look like a ghost!
- Sir Handel: [covered in flour] WHOO!! Look at me! I'm a ghost!
- The Thin Controller: Where are your trucks?
- Thomas: Here they are, sir. Loaded up and ready to go!
- Narrator: The little engines laughed, and The Thin Controller laughed too.
- The Thin Controller: Thomas, that was a good joke! You are a really funny engine!
Smoke and Mirrors
- Thomas: I'm going to be in a magic show. I've come to collect something for the grand finale.
- Elizabeth: How jolly!
- Thomas: [looks at the phone booth] That must be it.
- Magician: You've brought all the wrong things. I needed my red carpet, my blue box, and big yellow sheet. Without them, I can't do my grand finale.
Thomas Sets Sail
- Molly: Be careful, Thomas! The wind is filling the boat's sails!
- The Fat Controller: Thomas, I see you have decided that full steam is better than full sail!
- Thomas: Yes, sir!
Don't be Silly, Billy
- Thomas: Today, I am to look after a new engine.
- Salty: That's a special job, me hearty. [sees the engine arrive] Here he is.
- Billy: I'm Billy. Let's go.
- Thomas: Wait, Billy. We can't go yet. We have to wait for The Fat Controller.
- Billy: Why?
- Thomas: Because he tells us what we are to do.
- The Fat Controller: Billy, you have a very busy day. First, you must take empty chicken vans to the farm and bring chickens back to the docks. Then, you are to deliver diesel fuel to the quarry, and lastly, you have to take coal to the depot.
- Billy: Yes, sir. Right away, sir.
- The Fat Controller: Thomas, you must show Billy how to be a Really Useful Engine.
- Thomas: Billy, you must pull the chickens slowly and smoothly.
- Billy: I know that!
- Thomas: Don't pump your pistons before you are ready to leave. It wastes coal and water, and first you must take on enough coal and water for a busy day.
- Billy: Thomas! Stop telling me what to do! You are a very bossy engine!
- Salty: He thinks you're a bossy boiler, me hearty.
- Thomas: Goodbye, Billy. The Fat Controller will be very pleased you have finished all your jobs.
- Billy: Thomas, you're not a bossy boiler. You're a Really Useful Engine, and I really enjoyed working with you.
Edward and the Mail
- Edward: I don't want The Fat Controller to think I can't deliver the mail. I'll have to work out how to do it myself.
- Edward: Percy, will you tell me how to deliver the mail?
- Percy: Of course I will! I deliver the parcels in a special order. I always start with the delivery that is furthest away. Then I work my way back to Tidmouth Sheds.
Hide and Peep
- Cranky: [looks at the ship in the horizon] The ship will be late.
- Thomas: Let's play a game while we wait.
- Percy: What should we play?
- Thomas: Hide and Peep! You go and hide, Percy. And when I find you I will peep loudly!
- Percy: You will never find me! I am the best hider ever!
- Thomas: Well, I'm the best finder!
- Cranky: Can I play?
- Thomas: You are much too tall to hide!
- Percy: [about The Fat Controller] Bust my boiler! Where is he, Thomas?
- Thomas: FOUND YOU!
- Percy: That's not fair!
- Thomas: I'm sorry. Hide again. This time, I won't trick you.
- Botti: [looks at Toby] I can't arrive at the picnic on such a dirty train! What would my public say?
- Narrator: Toby was so worried he didn't know what to do. If Alicia Botti wouldn't get into Henrietta, Toby couldn't take it to the picnic, and concert would be cancelled. Alicia saw that Toby was very worried.
- Botti: Don't worry, a good clean is all you need!
- Botti: [looks at Henrietta] I've never seen a coach have a bath before! How delightful!
Thomas and the Runaway Car
- Thomas: All the engines wanted this job.
- Gordon: The Fat Controller chose me to take the brand-new bandstand, and I'm ready to go. I'll be first at the Sodor Show!
- Thomas: I'll deliver The Fat Controller's car to the show before you!
- Gordon: Pah! [leaves]
- Thomas: Hurry up, Rocky!
- Rocky: I must be careful, and you must wait.
- Thomas: [after seeing the car in the haystack] Oh, no!
- Gordon: I told you I'd get to the Sodor Show first.
Thomas in Trouble
- James: Bust my boiler! You've broken down, Thomas!
- Thomas: No, I haven't.
- James: You must've done. Otherwise you wouldn't be at the fitter's yard. What a shame you're not a smart and useful engine like me!
- Thomas: STOP!
- James: Bust my boiler! I said you were a broken down little engine!
- Thomas: I am! So I need your help. Can you take the children to their concert?
Thomas and the Stinky Cheese
- Diesel: The problem with working with steamies is that they are much too stinky!
- Bert: And Thomas is the most stinky steamie ever!
- [the 3 diesels laugh]
- Thomas: It's not steamies who are stinky! It's the diesels!
- [after Thomas delivers the cheese to Brendam Docks]
- Diesel: Pee-you! You really are the stinkiest steam engine on Sodor, Thomas!
- Workmen: Thomas has brought the stinky cheese!
- The Fat Controller: Well done, Thomas! Sodor Cheese is famous for being really stinky, and this is the most stinky cheese I have ever smelled! You are a really useful engine!
- Thomas: Thank you, sir!
- The Fat Controller: Now go to the washdown.
- [Arry and Bert arrive]
- The Fat Controller: Diesel, 'Arry and Bert, now you can shunt the stinky cheese!
- Diesel, Arry, and Bert: Oh no!
- Thomas: Pe-uuu! What a stink!
Percy and the Left Luggage/Baggage
Duncan Does it All
Sir Handel in Charge
Skarloey Storms Through
Wash Behind Your Buffers
Thomas and the Billboard
Rosie's Funfair/Carnival Special
- Rosie: Hooray! I'm pulling the funfair special!
Henry Gets It Wrong
Heave Ho Thomas!
Toby's Special Surprise
The Party Surprise
Duncan and the Hot Air Balloon
James Works It Out
Don't Go Back
Gordon Takes a Shortcut
The Man in the Hills
Thomas Puts the Brakes On
Percy and the Bandstand
Push Me, Pull You
The Lion of Sodor
The Early Bird
Thomas and the Pigs
Time For a Story
Toby's New Whistle
A Blooming Mess
Thomas and the Runaway Kite
Splish, Splash, Splosh!
- Thomas: Here I come! Splish... Splash... SPLOSH!
- [water flies into the air and splashes on Botti and the Fat Controller]
- The Fat Controller: Thomas!
The Biggest Present of All
Henry's Good Deeds
Hiro Helps Out
- James: Thanks for your help today, Toad.
- Toad: And thank you very much, sir.
- James: Call me James.
- [Oliver enters]
- Toad: Hello, Mr. Oliver, I...
- Oliver: Hello, Toad! You'll never beleave what happened to me today. Let me tell you all about it.
- James: Actually, Oliver, I think you should ask Toad about the adventure he had today. [leaves]
- Oliver: You, Toad? You had adventure?
- Toad: Well, yes. As it happens, it all started when I was coupled to Mr. James. But he's started to go a bit too fast. By the time, we reached Gordon's hill, we were going so fast, my wheels were shaking!
- Oliver: Well, that don't sound like much in the adventure, Toad.
- Toad: But that's not all! That's what when we thought a branch had fallan on the line!
- [other engines show up]
- Oliver: No!
- Toad: Yes! The thing was we were going so fast, we couldn't stop!
- Oliver: [gasps in shock] So, what happened next?
- Toad: That's what it got really scary.
The Beast of Sodor
- Thomas: I don't suppose you've seen Sir Topham Hatt, have you?
- Dowager Hatt: He hasn't turned up for luncheon. And if there's one thing I can't stand, it's lateness!
- Spencer: Maybe the... abominable snowman has taken him.
- Henry: [frightened] The abominable snowman!
- Dowager Hatt: Abominable snowman?! [record scratch] Utter tish-tosh! Come on, Thomas.
- Thomas: Yes, ma'am. [laughs]
- [what appears to be the abominable snowman approaches Henry and Spencer and trips on the tracks]
- Henry: Leave us alone, you abominable...!
- [the identity of the "abominable snowman" is revealed, much to Henry's surprise]
- Henry: Sir?! But you're not the abominable snowman!
- Sir Topham Hatt: Of course I'm not!
- [Thomas enters with Dowager Hatt on board]
- Dowager Hatt: No. You're the Abominable Controller!
- [Sir Topham Hatt is shocked at his mother's presence]
- Sir Topham Hatt: Oh.
- Dowager Hatt: Where have you been?! You missed our luncheon!
- Sir Topham Hatt: Uh, sorry, Mother. I ran into a bit of trouble in the snow.
- Thomas: Oh, Henry, you really are a very brave engine. Were you protecting Spencer from the abominable snowman? [laughs]
Reds vs. Blues
- [after Thomas and James' competition has caused a great deal of confusion, Sir Topham Hatt confronts the two engines]
- Sir Topham Hatt: Thomas and James, I am giving you both a yellow card!
- Thomas: A yellow card? What does that mean, Sir?
- Sir Topham Hatt: It is a warning. I asked you to work together today, but instead, you competed against one another. One more mistake today, and it's a red card for both of you! In a game of soccer, a red card means you're sent off. You're out of the game.
- Thomas: We don't wanna be "out of the game", Sir.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Quite. After the match, you must work together to take everyone home, regardless of what side they are on, red or blue.
- Percy: Or green! [laughs]
Calling All Engines!
- [all of the engines have a meeting at the coaling plant]
- Steam engines: Why are all the diesels here?
- Diesels: Why are all the steamies here?
- Yard Manager: Why are all the engines here?
- The Fat Controller: Why are you all here?
The Great Discovery
- Thomas: I am brave and I am strong. I'll get to the Wharf and it won't take long!
Hero of the Rails
- Thomas: I've found the oldest engine on Sodor. His name is... Hiro.
Misty Island Rescue
Day of the Diesels
- The Fat Controller: You, Diesel 10, are an engine on my railway. You will do as I say when I say it! Do you understand?
- [Diesel 10 whimpers]
- The Fat Controller: You have caused confusion and delay! The Dieselworks has been on fire, the Steamworks has been bashed and banged, and because of you, none of my engines is being really useful! You will put right everything you damaged.
Blue Mountain Mystery
- Skarloey: We told you not to talk to the other engines.
- Rheneas: And you have.
- Peter Sam: We thought you were our friend.
- Luke: I thought you were my friend.
- Together: But you're not.
King of the Railway
- Connor: Hello, there. I'm Connor.
- Caitlin: And I'm Caitlin.
- Connor: We're having a little race. Care to join us?
- Ringo Starr (Seasons 1–2) (1984–1986)
- Michael Angelis (UK Seasons 3–16/US Video 2004) (1991–2012)
- George Carlin (US Seasons 1–4) (1991–1995)
- Alec Baldwin (US Seasons 5–6) (1998–2002)
- Michael Brandon (US Seasons 7–16) (2003–2012)
- Pierce Brosnan (The Great Discovery)
- Mark Moraghan (Seasons 17–present) (2013–present)