Saturn (Astrology) in Roman mythology, Saturn is the god of agriculture, founder of civilizations and of social order, and conformity. It is the ruling planet of Capricorn and traditionally Aquarius, and is exalted in Libra.
- The Saturn Cycle is an important part of astrological interpretation. It moves the interpretation into the realm of transits, which takes into account where the planets have travelled since the movement of the birth chart.
Each planet takes a certain amount of time to travel thru all 12 signs and return to its original position in any given chart. The Moon takes only a month. The Sun takes a year. … Mercury and Venus stay close to the Sun, so their cycles through all signs are close to the Sun’s. Mars takes longer about two years...Jupiter takes about 12 years to complete a full cycle thru all 12 signs. Saturn takes 28-30 years to complete a full cycle. Because Saturn is a symbol of the wisdom which grows with age, its cycle is particularly important in reflecting our development. Every seven years, Saturn completes a a quarter of the cycle, and we move into a new stage of awareness.
- Marc Allen in: Astrology for the New Age: An Intuitive Approach. New World Library, 18 December 2011, p. 64
- The astrologers and historians write that the ascendant as of Oxford is Capricornus, whose lord is Saturn, a religious planet, and patron of religious men.
- Mercury is related to self-knowledge and Jupiter with philosophy, righteousness, and religious aspirations which are very different aspects of the Sun. Venus is the embodiment of happiness, an aspect of the Supreme. Saturn|Saturn stands for the cause of destruction but then ultimate dissolution is also an aspect of the solar deity for its withdrawal of vital energy form the individual leads to dissolution or death.
- Bepin Behari in:The Timing of Events, Motilal Banarsidass Publ., 1 January 2002, P.xxiii
- I came into the world under the sign of Saturn -- the star of the slowest revolution, the planet of detours and delays.
- Their ancestors had maintained, before the Christian era, that the Great Serpent — Jupiter, the Dragon of Life, the Father and "Good Divinity," had glided into the couch of Seniele, and now, the post-Christian Gnostics, with a very trifling change, applied the same fable to the man Jesus, and asserted that the same " Good Divinity," Saturn (Ilda-Baoth), had, in the shape of the Dragon of Life, glided over the cradle of the infant Mary. In their eyes the Serpent was the Logos.
- The star [Tycho's supernova] was at first like Venus and Jupiter, giving pleasing effects; but as it then became like Mars, there will next come a period of wars, seditions, captivity and death of princes, and destruction of cities, together with dryness and fiery meteors in the air,pestilence, and venomous snakes. Lastly, the star became like Saturn, and there will finally come a time of want, death, imprisonment and all sorts of sad things.
- If there be any truth in astrology, I may outlive a Jubilee, as yet I have not seen one revolution of Saturn, nor hath my pulse beat thirty years. - Sir Thomas Browne Religio Medici Part 1 section 41
- I was born in the planetary hour of Saturn, and I think I have a piece of that Leaden Planet in me. - Religio Medici Part 2 section 11 Sir Thomas Browne The Major Works ed. C.A. Patrides Penguin 1877
- You think that a wall as solid as the earth separates civilization from barbarism. I tell you the division is a thread, a sheet of glass. A touch here, a push there, and you bring back the reign of Saturn.
- It is said that the sure antidote of Saturn or Shanee's evil effect is the worship of Lord Hanuman. Scriptures say that when Saturn warned Lord Hanuman about his onset of the Seven and Half Years (w:Sade SatiSaade Saati) [period of bad times], the Monkey Lord accepted the challenge and allowed Saturn to have his play. When the planet dwelled on his head, the Monkey Lord ‘headed’ heavy rocks so viciously that the planet was almost crushed. Similar agony he faced when he tried to dwell on the Monkey Lord’ body and legs. Then the planet had to bow before the Lord, saying that whosoever worshipped Lord Hanuman shall be beyond the evil effect of the planet.
- Suresh Chandra in: Encyclopaedia of Hindu Gods and Goddesses, Sarup & Sons, 1996, p. 302
- Saturn Return would be caused by the planet Saturn returning to its original birth position in the sky, thus energetically influencing the individual’s multi energy dimensional system.
- Barbara Hand Clow in: Liquid Light of Sex: Kundalini, Astrology, and the Key Life Transitions, Inner Traditions / Bear & Co, 1 September 2001, p. 8
- Saturn seems to have impressed the seal of melancholy on me from the beginning.
- Marsilio Ficino in: Juliana Schiesari The Gendering of Melancholia: Feminism, Psychoanalysis, and the Symbolics of Loss in Renaissance Literature, Cornell University Press, 1992, p. 114
- Synchronicity does not admit causality in the analogy between terrestrial events and astrological [[constellations... What astrology can establish are the analogous events, but not that either series is the cause or the effect of the other. (For instance, the same constellation may at one time signify a catastrophe and at another time, in the same case, a cold in the head.) … In any case, astrology occupies a unique and special position among the intuitive methods... I have observed many cases where a well-defined psychological phase, or an analogous event, was accompanied by a transit (particularly when Saturn and Uranus were affected). -
- Saturn (Astrology} is the ruling planet of Capricorn and is exalted in Libra. In Roman mythology, Saturn is the god of agriculture, founder of civilizations and of social order, and conformity. The famous rings of the planet Saturn that enclose and surround it, reflect the idea of human limitations. Saturn takes 29.5 years to orbit the Sun, spending about 2.46 years in each sign of the zodiac.
- Zoltan Veres in: Find Your Way Through The Stars, Zoltan Veres
- In astrology, Capricorn () is considered an introvert sign. It is also considered an earth sign and one of the four cardinal signs. Capricorn is ruled by the planet Saturn. Being the tenth sign of the zodiac, Capricorn has been associated with the astrological tenth house.
- Zoltan Veres in: p. 18
- Aquarius has been traditionally ruled by the planet Saturn, and, since its discovery, Uranus has been considered a modern ruler of this sign. Being the eleventh sign of the zodiac, Aquarius is associated with the astrological eleventh house.
- Zoltan Veres in: p. 9
- Chinese astrology teaches that there are five planetary colors: Jupiter the Wood planet is the blue-green of foliage and the sea; Mars the Fire planet is the red of cinnabar, an ore of the metal mercury; Saturn the Earth planet is the color of the yellow ochre of Central China; Venus the metal planet, also known as the Great White is brilliant silvery white, Mercury the water planet with no colour of its own is deemed to be blush-black, the colour of the night sky.
- Derek Walters in: The Chinese Astrology Bible: The Definitive Guide to Using the Chinese Zodiac, Sterling Publishing Company, Inc., 2009, p. 324
- Saturn is called the Earth star in Chinese astrology, perhaps because its color is the yellow ocher of central China.
- Derek Walters in: "The Chinese Astrology Bible: The Definitive Guide to Using the Chinese Zodiac", p. 18
- He made the letter Resh king over Peace
And He bound a crown to it
And He combined one with another
And with them He formed Saturn in the Universe
Friday in the Year
The left nostril in the Soul, male and female.
- Sefer Yetzirah in: Aryeh Kaplan Sefer Yetzirah: The Book of Creation in Theory and Practice, Weiser Books, 15 March 2004, p. 275
- Seven planets in the Universe;
Saturn, Jupiter, Mars
Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon.
Seven days in the Year:
The seven days of the week,
Seven gates in the Soul, male and female:
Two eyes, two ears, two nostrils,
And the mouth.
- Sefer Yetzirah in: p. 174
- With Bet He formed these: Saturn, Sabbath, mouth, life and death. With Gimel He formed these: Jupiter, Sunday, right eye, peace and evil. With Dalet He formed these: Mars, Monday, left eye, wisdom and foolishness. With Kaf He formed these:Sun, Tuesday, right nostril, wealth, and poverty. With Peh he formed these: Venus, Wednesday, left nostril, seed and desolation. With Resh He formed these: Sun star (Mercury), Thursday, right ear, grace and ugliness. With Tav He formed these: Moon, Friday, left ear, dominance and subjugation.
- Sefer Yetzirah in: p. 293
Western Astrology and Chinese Medicine
Jonathan Clogstoun-Willmott]] in: Western Astrology and Chinese Medicine, Inner Traditions / Bear & Co, 1 August 1985
- SATURN. h: Western astrology's major malefic has a lot to answer for. He forces us to face the essential necessities of life, the obligations to our parents, clan and race we acquire just by being born, and the responsibilities we have to accept if we wish to continue in existence.
- In: p. 103
- Saturn is not very demanding really; he actually prefers the bare necessities: simple, uncontaminated food eaten regularly; a clean environment; adequate clothing, physical exertion and pure air; somewhere to live, neither too hot nor too cold; a supporting community or family.
- In: p. 104
- In traditional Chinese medicine the emphasis is on the blood and everything it nourishes, and on the process of transportation of material about the body...No wonder Saturn is blamed for degeneration and loss of vital organs. But this occurs either when we grow old, or when we fail to observe Saturn's requirements, by abusing ourselves. In the ordinary way Saturn gives life not death.
- In: p. 105
- Frustration occurs when Saturn is strong or inhibiting, or Mars or Sun or Uranus weakly placed. Anger occurs when Jupiter combines with Mercury or Mars or is strongly placed, and Saturn or Moon less well placed.
- In: p. 152
from adequate nutrition and exercise. Saturn concerns the physical body, Moon its good working order. Sun and, to a lesser extent, Mars (Fire) denote our spirit and ...
- In: p. 155
- Saturn transits can be great opportunities for growth: it is the body and all its needs which are ready to move on. Unfortunately, Saturn also brings the probability of reduction of existing standards of life. The harder we cling to them, the harder we must work.
- In: p. 156
Cosmopsychology: The Psychology of Humans as Spiritual Beings
Dr. Gene F Collins Jr. in: Cosmopsychology: The Psychology of Humans as Spiritual Beings, Xlibris Corporation, Nov 21, 2009
- The day, month, year, time and place of birth are all needed to calculate a birth chart. Each natal chart includes the exact positions of the Sun, Moon, and the planets Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Chiron, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. Most astrologers include additional points such as the part of fortune, the lunar nodes, the vertex, some asteroids etc. These planets and additional points are then interpreted in regards to the Zodiac signs, the houses, and their various relationships with one another.
- In: p. 30
- Leo is the detriment of Saturn as well as the detriment of Uranus. Leo is a fixed fire sign, meaning that it represents the concentration or buildup of enthusiasm, inspiration, and any form of spiritual energy. Leo's key words are usually expressed
- In: p. 48
- Capricorn is a cardinal earth sign, meaning that it represents action, activity, and change in the material world. Capricorn is traditionally ruled by Saturn. Mars is exalted in Capricorn. Capricorn is the detriment of the Moon and the fall of Jupiter.
- In: p. 48
- Saturn is exalted in Libra. Libra is the detriment of Mars and the fall of the Sun. Libra is a cardinal air sign. Libra marks the beginning of fall. As an air sign, Libra symbolizes activities or actions that are social, intellectual, or mental in nature.
- In: p. 52
- Aquarius represents groups, societies, intelligence, ideas, communications, and speech. As a fixed sign, Aquarius pulls together like-minded people and their ideas, forming associations, organizations, and friendships. Aquarius is traditionally ruled by Saturn.
- In: p. 64
- The Taurus qualities are modified by Virgo's analytic and critical characteristics and Mercury's intellectual, mental, verbal, and communicative qualities. The last decan of Taurus is influenced by the next earth sign Capricorn and its ruler Saturn.
- In: p. 71.
- Saturn is retrograde for 140 days each year. It is stationary for five day before turning retrograde and then stationary again before turning direct. If Saturn is retrograde at birth, the individual's ability to work within the limitations of the physical, psychological, and social worlds is inhibited. He or she may be overwhelmed by feelings of inferiority or inadequacy.
- In: p. 211
- Saturn takes approximately 29.5 years to orbit the Sun and spends about 2.46 years in each zodiac sign. Most people will experience three Saturn cycles in their lifetimes.
- In: p. 211-212
- In esoteric psychology, the 7 signifies Saturn and the safety elements, and the abilities to escape from enemies and provide security. In identity development, the 7 signifies the generativity versus stagnation crisis from which arises the power of caring.
- In: p. 251
- The Father archetype manifests as Chronus, Zeus, Saturn, Yahweh, Jehovah, and Allah. In his negative manifestation, he is the harsh, dogmatic, and punitive, terrible Father.
- In: p. 614
Studies in Gnosticism and Hellenistic Religions: Presented to Gilles Quispe
- And the marrow was attached to the Moon...
And above the Moon is Mercury, its abode is over the bones,
And above Mercury is Venus, its abode is over the flesh,
Above Venus is the Sun, its abode is over the sinews
And above the Sun is Mars, its abode is over the blood veins.
Above Mars is Jupiter, its abode is over the skin, the beautifier of the bodies.
Above Jupiter is Saturn, its abode is over the hair.
This is the picture.
- Zadspram in p. 50
- And from this i.e., Phaneta, they say they were produced substance, prudence, motion and coition, and from these the heavens and the earth were made, From the heaven they say that six males were produced, whom they call Titans; and in the like manner from the earth six females, whom they call Titanides. And these are the names of the males who sprang from the heaven: Oceanus Coeus, Crios, Hyperion, Iapetus, Chronos, who amongst us is called Saturn. In like manner, the names of the females who sprang from the earth are these : Theia, Rhea, Themis, Mnemosyne, Tethys, Hebe.
- In: p. 18-19
- The last words show that the whole of the planetary spheres is conceived of as a huge cosmic man whose body is composed by seven folds. This explains why the highest planet [Saturn] is associated with the hair, and the lowest planet, the Moon, with the marrow.
- In: p. 50
- Saturn is lord of the right ear, the spleen, the [[bladder, the [[phlegm, and the bones; Jupiter is the lord of touch, the lungs, the arteries, and the semen; Mars of the left ear, kidneys, veins and the [[genitals; the Sun of the sight, the brain, heart, sinews and all the right hand parts; Venus of smell, the liver and the flesh. Mercury of speech and thought, the tongue, the bile, and the buttocks; the Moon of taste and drinking, the stomach, belly, womb, and all the left hand parts
- Claudius Ptolemy in: p. 50-51
di yan totoo lol
Why Astrology Is Science: Five Good Reasons
Tapan Das on: Why Astrology Is Science: Five Good Reasons, Universe, 21 May 2009
- Indian Vedic astrology uses nine planets, which does not include Uranus, Neptune and Pluto but consists of Sun (Ravi), Moon (Chandra), Mars (Mangala), Mercury (Budha), Jupiter (Brihaspati), Venus (Shukra), Saturn (Shani), North Lunar Node (Rahu), and South Lunar Node (Ketu). Rahu is a malefic force, and Ketu provides supernatural influence. The North Node is the point where the Moon climbs the ecliptic, the South Node is the point where the Moon sinks below the ecliptic.
- In: p. 4
- Five elements in Chinese philosophy are different from Western and Indian elements. ancient Chinese astronomers called the five major planets by the names of the elements with which they were associated: Venus: metal, Jupiter: wood … Saturn: earth. The Zodiacs in Chinese astrology have a twelve-year cycle. Each year of the Natural cycle is named after one of the original twelve animals.
- In: p. 75
- During the period of [[cosmic] energies, when the solar magnetic field is outward from the Sun in the Southern Hemisphere, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune will affect the flow of cosmic energies reaching Earth when they are in conjunction.
- In: p. 101
- Interestingly, a katun is very close (within fifty-four days) to the mean synodic cycle of Jupiter and Saturn, which is 19.86 years. It is very probable that the katun represents the Jupiter/Saturn synodic cycle, rounded off just as
- In: p. 104
- One would expect the Long Count's divisions into blocks of 260 katuns and thirteen baktuns to have some kind of astrological value, since they resonate with the Jupiter-Saturn cycle.
- In: p. 104
- The Sun has by far the biggest influence, followed by Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Venus, Mercury, and Mars. Pluto has virtually no effect on cosmic energies. Moon’s effect is mainly due to its gravity and shielding, caused by its proximity to Earth.
- In: p. 111
- The cosmos is a vast living body, of which we are still living parts. The Sun is a great heart whose tremors run through our smallest veins. The Moon is a great nerve center from which we quiver for ever. Who knows the power that Saturn has over us, or Venus? But it is a vital power, rippling exquisitely through us all the time.
- D.H. Lawrence in: p. 140