Thomas and Friends
(Redirected from Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Coaling Plant Manager: Why are all the engines here at the same time?!
- The Fat Controller: Why are you all here?!
- Thomas: We're going to work together and get the airport open on time.
- 'Arry: Trust a Steamie to be late.
- Bert: This whole mess is the Steamies fault.
- Percy: No, it’s not. The Diesel engines started it.
- Narrator: This made the diesels cross.
- 'Arry: Maybe we should teach the Steamies a lesson.
- Thomas: Steamies and Diesels need to work together.
- Diesel: We don’t want to work with Stinky Steamies.
- James: We don’t want to work with Dirty Diesels either.
- Thomas: If the airport doesn’t open, it would be bad all the engines. Both Steam engines and Diesel engines need passengers and freight to be useful.
- The Fat Controller: You have caused confusion and delay. The bridge isn’t painted, and we will not be able to open the airport. No holidaymakers will come to Sodor this year.
- Thomas: Excuse me.
- Narrator: Diesel 10 growled loudly.
- Diesel 10: Grrrrrrrrr.
- Thomas: Uh, excuse me.
- Diesel 10: What do you want?! Why would I help a steamie?!
- Thomas: Because if the airplane doesn’t land, there will be no holidaymakers, then none of the engines will be useful.
- Diesel 10: Hmmm, maybe I will help later.
- Thomas: [gasps] But we need your help now! Or all of the engines will have work for nothing! You’ll be the most useful engine of all.
- Diesel 10: Oh, all right! I will help!
- Lady: We always finish our jobs when we work together.
The Great Discovery
- Thomas: I am brave and I am strong. I'll get to the Wharf and it won't take long!
- Narrator: Thomas smiled. He wanted to be the leader of the track.
- Thomas: But we're all leaders of the track.
- Percy: Cranky, Salty! Look! That must be Misty Island!
- The Fat Controller: You, Diesel 10, are an engine on my railway. You will do as I say when I say it! Do you understand? [Diesel 10 whimpers] You have caused confusion and delay! The Dieselworks has been on fire, the Steamworks has been bashed and banged, and because of you, none of my engines is being really useful! You will put right everything you damaged.
- Connor: Hello, there. I'm Connor.
- Caitlin: And I'm Caitlin. We've come for the opening of Ulfstead Castle to bring passengers from the Mainland.
- Connor: This is our test run and time trial. We're having a little race. Care to join us?
- Diesel: Out of the way, little steamie! We have work to do here!
- Stephen: Well so do I, Mr. Oily.
- Paxton: Ha, ha, ha! He's Mr. Oily!
- Gator: Being brave isn't the same as not feeling scared. Being brave is about you do, even when you do feel scared.
- [in the construction yard, Duck happens upon two familiar faces]
- Duck: Well, I never! Donald and Douglas! Haven't seen you two around in a while.
- Donald: We only went to collect some more rails and sleepers.
- Douglas: Aye! So you can build some more track. That's all.
- Duck: [chuckles] Well, I don't know, but it feels like you've been gone for ages!
- [the twins set off]
- Douglas: Cheerio!
- Duck: Oh, cheerio! Don't leave it so long next time! [laughs]
- The Fat Controller: Oh dear, oh dear.
- Narrator: The Fat Controller was not very happy when he discovered what Thomas had done.
- The Fat Controller: Pah.
- Thomas: But it’s not my fault, sir. Gordon must have been at the wrong platform, sir, and Emily was coming in very fast and Toby....
- The Fat Controller: Pah. Enough, Thomas. It wasn’t Gordon or Emily who caused this accident, it was you.
- Thomas: B-B-B-B-But I...
- The Fat Controller: Perhaps, you should spend some time shunting trucks in the Construction Yard.
- Thomas: The Construction Yard?! What do you mean sir?!
- The Fat Controller: I’m sending you to work on the New Branch Line Thomas, maybe that’ll help you think about being a little less cheeky.
- The Fat Controller': Pah. Honestly Thomas, what’s got into you?!
- Thomas: It’s not my fault sir, nobody warned me to look out for danger signs. I....
- The Fat Controller: Uh, uh, uh, uh. No, Thomas. I don’t want to hear your excuses.
- Thomas: Sir, sir. If Ryan is here, can’t I go back to my Branch Line again?!
- The Fat Controller: No, Thomas, you can’t. Percy is looking after your Branch Line, and you still have work to do here. You need to collect some more ballast for a start.
- The Fat Controller: Thomas the Tank Engine! What are you playing at now?! I thought you could learn to be more responsible if I sent you to work here.
- Thomas: But sir, this time it’s really not my fault. I....
- The Fat Controller: No, Thomas. I’ve had quite enough of your excuses. Go to your shed immediately, and you can stay there for the rest of the afternoon. And everyone else can get back to work.
- [the morning after the chase for the treasure, the police arrest Sailor John]
- Cop: Hello, hello, hello. What have we got here, then?
- Sailor John: But I'm innocent, I tell ya!
- Cop: Tell that to the judge.
- Sailor John: You've got the wrong pirate!
- [after the completion of the new branch line]
- Marion: This is so exciting, isn't it, Oliver? We actually built a new branch line!
- [Oliver (the Great Western Engine) and Toad pull up]
- Toad: I think we're meant to be on that siding over there, Mr. Oliver.
- Marion: Oliver? [to the excavator] Oliver?! But I thought you made a wish! I thought you changed into a digger! There can't be 2 Olivers!
- Both Olivers: Yes, there can! [laugh]
- Thomas: Oh wow! Who's this with two tenders? Hello, are you from the Other Railway? I was built on the Mainland you know. And once, a long time ago, I went back across with the other famous engines from Sodor.
- Flying Scotsman: Is that so? I didn't think there were famous engines on Sodor. Oh, hello Gordon.
- Thomas: Do you two know each other?
- Gordon: Yes, Thomas, we know each other. This is my brother. They call him; 'The Flying Scotsman'.
- Flying Scotsman: Indeed they do. It almost makes me sound famous, doesn't it? Oh, Gordon, I wanted to tell you my news! I've been invited to take part in the Great Railway Show on the Mainland, I shall be racing!
- Gordon: Ugh!
- Thomas: The Great Railway Show? What's that?
- Flying Scotsman: Oh, the Great Railway Show is where engines compete to see who's the fastest or the strongest or, what have you. But I'm not sure any engines from Sodor will be going.
- Gordon: I wouldn't want to go anyway, not if it's full of engines like you always boasting about how exciting things are on the Mainland!
- Thomas: Well, I want to go!
- Flying Scotsman: Of course you do, Thomas. And with any luck, maybe you shall. Flying Scotsman, coming through!
- Gordon: Oh, Thomas! Why would Sir Topham Hatt want to take a little tank engine like you to the Great Railway Show?
- Philip: You can do anything you want to, Thomas, if you just put your mind to it.
- Diesel: [in a create on a ship] I'm full of surprises!
Will You, Won't You (Take Me/Us to the Railway Show)?
Be Who You Are and Go Far
- Ringo Starr (Seasons 1–2) (1984–86)
- Michael Angelis (UK Seasons 3–16/US Video 2004) (1991–2012)
- George Carlin (US Seasons 1–4) (1991–95)
- Alec Baldwin (US Seasons 5–6/UK Thomas and the Magic Railroad) (1998–2002)
- Mara Wilson (Thomas and the Magic Railroad; originally) (2000)
- Michael Brandon (US Seasons 7–16) (2003–12)
- Gwyneth Paltrow (The Great Discovery; originally) (2008)
- Pierce Brosnan (The Great Discovery) (2008)
- Mark Moraghan (Seasons 17–21) (2013–17)
- Thomas the Tank Engine (Big World! Big Adventures! – present) (2018–present)