Toy Story 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by John Lasseter, Ash Brannon and Lee Unkrich. Written by John Lasseter, Peter Docter, Ash Brannon, Andrew Stanton, Rita Hsiao, Doug Chamberlain and Chris Webb.
The Toys Are Back In Town! taglines
- Ride like the wind, Bullseye!
- Woody once risked his life to save me. I couldn't call myself his friend if I weren't willing to do the same. So, who's with me?
- Buzz: Woody, you haven't found your hat yet, have you?
- Woody: No! And Andy's leaving for Cowboy Camp any minute, and I can't find it anywhere!
- Buzz: Don't worry, Woody. In just a few hours, you'll be sittin' around a campfire with Andy, makin' delicious, hot schmoes.
- Woody: They're called s'mores, Buzz.
- Buzz: Right. Right. Of course.
- Buzz: Good work, men. Two blocks down, and only 19 more to go.
- Rex: What?!
- Other toys: 19?!
- Mr. Potato Head: Are we gonna do this all night? My parts are killing me.
- Buzz: Come on, fellas! Did Woody give up when Sid had me strapped to a rocket?
- Other toys: No.
- Buzz: No! And did he give up when you threw him out of the back of that moving van?
- Mr. Potato Head: Oh, ya had to bring that up.
- Buzz: No, he didn't! We have a friend in need, and we will not rest until he's safe in Andy's room! Now let's move out!
- [Buzz uses Mr. Potato Head's eye to see what Woody and his roundup gang are up to in Al's apartment]
- Buzz: What's happening?
- Mr. Potato Head: [frightened] Oh, it's horrible! They're torturing him!
- Rex: [gasps] What are we gonna do, Buzz?!
- Buzz: Use your head!
- [he and the others use Rex as a battering ram]
- Rex: But I don't wanna use my head!
- [they charge at the vent and break through to the apartment]
- Woody: Buzz, I can't go. I can't abandon these guys. They need me to get into this museum. Without me, they'll go back into storage. Maybe forever.
- Buzz: Woody, you're not a collector's item. You're a child's plaything. You... are... A TOY!!
- Woody: For how much longer? One more rip, and Andy's done with me. And what do I do then, Buzz? Huh? You tell me!
- Buzz: Somewhere in that pad of stuffing is a toy who taught me that life's only worth living if you're being loved by a kid. And I traveled all this way to rescue that toy, because I believed him.
- Woody: Well, you wasted your time.
- Buzz: Let's go, everyone.
- Slinky: What about Woody?
- Buzz: He's not coming with us.
- Rex: But Andy's coming home tonight.
- Buzz: Then we'd better make sure we're there waiting for him.
- [the other toys make their way back to the vent]
- Woody: I don't have a choice, Buzz. This is my only chance.
- Buzz: To do what, Woody? Watch kids from behind glass and never be loved again? Some life.
- Woody: [after seeing a human boy hugging him on the set of "Woody's Roundup"] What am I doing? Buzz! Wait! Wait!
- Prospector: Woody, where are you going?
- Woody: You're right, Prospector. I can't stop Andy from growing up... but I wouldn't miss it for the world. [runs to the heat duct]
- Prospector: No!
- [right when the Prospector is out of his box, he screws the heat duct back in place to prevent the rest of the gang's escape]
- Jessie: Prospector?!
- Woody: You're outta your box!
- Prospector: I tried reasoning with you, Woody, but you keep forcing me to take extreme measures. [taps his axe onto the remote, turning off the TV]
- Woody: Wait a minute, you turned on the TV last night, not Jessie!
- Prospector: Look, we have an eternity to spend together at the museum. Let's not start by pointing fingers, shall we?
- Woody: You really are Stinky Pete, aren't you?
- Jessie: Prospector, this isn't fair!
- Prospector: Fair? I'll tell you what's not fair: Spending a lifetime on a dime-store shelf watching every other toy be sold! Well, finally my waiting has paid off, and no hand-me-down cowboy doll is gonna mess it up for me now! [throws his box back into his display case]
- Woody: Buzz! Help, Buzz! Guys!
- Prospector: It's too late, Woody! That silly Buzz Lightweight can't help you.
- Woody: His name is Buzz Lightyear!
- Prospector: Whatever. I've always hated those upstart space toys. [climbs back into his box]
- Zurg: Surrender, Buzz Lightyear. I have won!
- Buzz: I'll never give in! You killed my father!
- Zurg: No, Buzz. I am your father!
- Buzz: NO!
- [last lines]
- Buzz: You still worried?
- Woody: About Andy? Nah. It'll be fun while it lasts.
- Buzz: I'm proud of you, cowboy.
- Woody: Besides, when it all ends, I'll have old Buzz Lightyear to keep me company. For infinity and beyond.
- The Toys Are Back!
- The Toys Are Back In Town!
- Tom Hanks as Woody
- Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear/Buzz Lightyear #2
- Joan Cusack as Jessie
- Kelsey Grammer as Stinky Pete the Prospector
- Don Rickles as Mr. Potato Head
- Jim Varney as Slinky Dog
- Wallace Shawn as Rex
- John Ratzenberger as Hamm
- Annie Potts as Bo Peep
- Wayne Knight as Al McWhiggin
- John Morris as Andy
- Laurie Metcalf as Andy's Mom
- Estelle Harris as Mrs. Potato Head
- R. Lee Ermey as Sarge
- Jodi Benson as Barbie
- Jonathan Harris as Geri the Cleaner
- Joe Ranft as Wheezy the Penguin (speaking voice)
- Andrew Stanton as Zurg
- Jeff Pidgeon as Green Aliens
- Robert Goulet as Wheezy the Penguin (singing voice)
Encyclopedic article on Toy Story 2 at Wikipedia