Toy Story Toons
Toy Story Toons is a series of short animated films based on the Toy Story franchise. The plotline of the series begins after Toy Story 3. The films are set at Bonnie's house, the new home of Andy's toys. As of 2014, three shorts have been released as part of the series: Hawaiian Vacation and Small Fry in 2011, and Partysaurus Rex in 2012. A fourth short, titled Mythic Rock, was rumoured in 2013.
Hawaiian Vacation (1)
Toy Story Toons: Hawaiian Vacation is a 2011 Pixar computer animated short. First screened in theatres with Pixar's Cars 2, it is the first short in the Toy Story Toons series. Following the events of Toy Story 3, the toys in Bonnie's room throw Barbie and Ken a Hawaiʻian vacation.
- Story by Erik Benson and Christian Roman. Screenplay by Erik Benson, Jason Katz, Gary Rydstrom. Directed by Gary Rydstrom.
- Woody: Okay, it's 2:00. The bell at Sunnyside has rung, and Bonnie is officially on her Winter break! [toys cheer] Soon she'll be flying off to–
- Buzz: Hay-way-eye!
- Woody: It's Hawaii, Buzz.
- Mr. Pricklepants: Thank you all for coming to the audition. #1, action.
- Alien #1: Ooooh.
- Mr. Pricklepants: Dreadful. Next.
- Alien #2: [same inflection] Ooooh.
- Mr. Pricklepants: Horrifying. Next.
- Alien #3: [same inflection] Ooooh.
- Mr. Pricklepants: Brilliant!
- Woody: [to Slinky] Ready to lose at checkers, Slink?
- Slinky Dog: [to Woody] When pigs fly.
- Hamm: [to Buttercup] Actually, I had an uncle who was a pilot.
- Buttercup: Really?
- Hamm: No, not really.
- Captain Zip: Sorry, sir. I just zipped and unzipped. I don't actually fly.
- [they both use the scuba, and they both go by diving in the water by watching TV, with the channel of fish, and the bubbles created by Alien]
- Ken: Whoa, look at that.
- Barbie: Oh! Beautiful.
- Hamm: Watch this. [he flips the channel to the shark, and they both scream] Shark Week.
- Buttercup: Nice.
- Woody: Ride like the wind, Bullseye!
- [Bullseye runs off]
- Ken: Ride like the wind, Buttercup!
- Buttercup: OK. Get off me.
- Buttercup: It's got to be… a bazillion degrees below!
- Hamm: Oh, good thing they're wearing the 1982 winter weekend collection.
- [last lines]
- Buzz: Best vacation ever.
- Woody: Yeah.
- [Mr. Potato Head uses the screwdriver by trying to get Barbie and Ken out by breaking the ice cube]
- Official website
- Hawaiian Vacation quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Hawaiian Vacation at the Big Cartoon DataBase
Small Fry (2)
Toy Story Toons: Small Fry is a 2011 Pixar computer animated short. The second short in the Toy Story Toons series, it premiered with the theatrical release of The Muppets on 23 November 2011. The short involves Buzz getting trapped at a fast food restaurant, where there is a support group for discarded kids' meal toys from over the years, with a kids' meal toy version of Buzz taking his place.
- Written and directed by Angus MacLane.
- Mini-Buzz: [emerging from Bonnie's backpack] I'm Buzz Lightyear! I come in peace!
- Jessie: Uh, what happened to Buzz?
- Rex: He says the plastic in the ball pit made him shrink!
- Mini-Buzz: Yeah, yeah, that's right, Tex. Uh, say, uh… when's the playtime start aroun' here?
- Woody: All right, where's the real Buzz?
- Buzz: I think there's been a mistake. You see, I was just left in the ball pit, and I—
- Queen Neptuna: Oh, we've all been left in the ball pit of life, haven't we?
- [last lines, as the Belt Buckle beeps from Poultry Palace at night]
- Mini Zurg: [laughing] Oh, that was a good one. Belt Buckle, you crank me up sometimes.
- [the Belt Buckle continues beeping]
- Official website
- Small Fry quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Small Fry at the Big Cartoon DataBase
Partysaurus Rex (3)
Toy Story Toons: Partysaurus Rex is a 2012 Pixar computer animated short film and the third short in the Toy Story Toons series. It was first screened in theatres ahead of the 3-D theatrical re-release of Finding Nemo. The short involves Rex getting left in the bathroom and making friends with bath toys by facilitating a rave.
Story by Mark Walsh and John Lasseter. Written and directed by Mark Walsh.
- [Bonnie is having a bath]
- Bonnie: Fire torpedoes! [uses Captain Suds] No! I just want to have tea with you!
- Mrs. Anderson: [enters the bathroom] Okay, trouble. There's way too much water in here. [turns off the water, and unplugs the tub] Do you wanna flood the house?
- Bonnie: [excited] Yeah!
- Mr. Anderson: Well, how about dinner at Grandma's instead?
- Bonnie: Grandma's!
- Mrs. Anderson: Sure.
- [They exit out of the bathroom]
- Official website
- Partysaurus Rex quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Partysaurus Rex at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- A blue cell indicates the character was not in the programme.
Encyclopedic article on Toy Story Toons at Wikipedia