Lightyear is a 2022 American computer-animated science fiction action-adventure film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is a spin-off prequel of the Toy Story film series, serving as an origin story for the fictional test pilot/astronaut character who the Buzz Lightyear toy/action figure featured in the main films was inspired by.
- Directed by Angus MacLane. Written by MacLane, Matthew Aldrich, and Jason Headley.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I'm Buzz Lightyear, I'm always sure!
- Buzz Lightyear mission log. Star date 3902. After a full year of being marooned, our specialized crew have put this planet's vast resources to incredible use. Finally, our first hyper-speed test flight is a go.
- Let's get everyone home.
- Buzz Lightyear mission log. My mistake has marooned us on this strange planet. I need to make it right.
- Buzz Lightyear to Star Command, come in Star Command. Star Command, come in. Why don't they answer?
- [as he attacks Zurg with his laser] Not today Zurg!
- [confronting Buzz] Buzz… come with me.
- [attempting to kill Buzz for the last time] Buzz Lightyear, Mission Log: I now have the crystal in my possession, and can finally, at long last, finish the mission! I'm gonna go back and matter again, Buzz! And you? It will be like you were never here. So... prepare to die. [Buzz: Not today, Zurg!] Huh?!
- Hello, Buzz. I am Sox, your personal companion robot.
- I was issued by Star Command to ease your emotional transition after your time away.
- [after shooting someone with a tranquilizer dart] I bought you 5 minutes.
- That was utterly terrifying and I regret having joined you.
- The probability of survival with an inexperienced crew is 38.2%.
- I hope you're ready for action, because all we needed was a pilot.
- I have a plan, and I have a team.
- Grandma always said she believed in you.
- Are we going to space? I can see stars, that is space!
- These new suits are amazing. Arm blaster, rocket wings.
- Look, Grandma, I'm a Space Ranger.
- We can do anything!
- Well, I thought that this was going to be like a fun boot camp, workout thing. But it is not.
- I can do this, and they shave a little time off my sentence.
- I'm not allowed to handle weapons, would be a violation of my parole.
- Don't die is just something you want to do every day!
- I can't believe I'm allowed to carry this. I wish I had two of them.
- [last words] Goodbye, Buzz. I'm sorry I won't be there to see you finish the mission. To infinity... [Buzz: And beyond.]
- Diaz: Commander, are you okay?
- Buzz: Diaz, you grew a beard. How did you grow a beard?
- Diaz: Oh, right. First of, welcome back. Secondly…
- Buzz: Wait. Wait, what is this? How long was I gone?
- Diaz: Four years, two months and three days.
- Buzz: What?
- Alisha: [hugs him] I thought we've lost you, Buzz.
- Buzz: Alisha, what happened?
- Alisha: Time dilation.
- Buzz: What?
- E.R.I.C.: Time dilation is quite simple. As you approached hyper-speed, your time slowed relative to our own. So, during your mission, you aged only minutes, while the rest of us have aged years. Simply put: The faster you fly…
- Buzz: The faster I fly, the further into the future I travel. I get it. So, what are we gonna do now?
- Alisha: I don't know. But I think we should hold off on any more test flights until we figure out something else.
- Buzz: Commander, we said finish the mission. That's what Space Rangers do.
- Alisha: At what cost, Buzz? Are you willing to lose another four years?
- Infinity awaits.
- In 1995, a boy named Andy got a Buzz Lightyear toy for his birthday. It was from his favorite movie. This is that movie.
- Peter Sohn – Sox
- Keke Palmer – Izzy Hawthorne
- Keira Hairston (young)
- Taika Waititi – Mo Morrison
- Dale Soules – Darby Steel
- Mary McDonald-Lewis – I.V.A.N.
- Uzo Aduba – Alisha Hawthorne
- Efren Ramirez – Airman Diaz
- Isiah Whitlock Jr. – Commander Burnside
- Bill Hader – Featheringhamstan