Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins is a 2000 Disney animated direct-to-video film that acts as a pilot to the television series Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. Canonically this movie inspired the existence of the Buzz Lightyear toyline that exists in the Pixar film series Toy Story.
- To infinity and beyond!
- You know, the guy's supposed to be some kind of evil genius, and best he can come up with is a ventriloquist act. What's next, evil juggling?
Evil Emperor Zurg
- If you want something turned evil, turn it evil yourself. That's what Nana Zurg always used to say to me, and she was plenty evil.
- [To Brain Pod #13] You're telling me my plan? I already know my plan, I made up the plan, its MY plan. [Enraged] What I don't know is how close you are to accomplishing my plan!
Warp Darkmatter/Agent Z
- [After revealing his identity as Agent Z to Buzz] My name's DARKmatter; who's surprised here?
- Buzz Lightyear: This diabolical plot can only be the work of the sworm enemy of the Galatic Alliance - Evil Emperor Zurg!
- Warp Darkmatter: What PLOT? You think Zurg is behind every kitten stuck up a tree?
- Buzz Lightyear: The fiend! Why can't he leave kitty-cats out of his nefarious schemes?
- Warp Darkmatter: All I know is, we searched half the Zeta Quadrant to find the missing LGMs, and what did we find? A lot of nothing!
- Evil Emperor Zurg: Prepare to die, Buzz Lightyear!
- Buzz Lightyear: Not today, Zurg!
- Evil Emperor Zurg: A delightful blend of man and machine... with just a naughty touch of lingonberry! I shall call you... Agent Z!
- Agent Z: That's stupid.
- Evil Emperor Zurg: [Enraged] My mother used to call me that!
- Brain Pod #29: You know, he really, really likes that name!
- Grub: Yes, he's been saving it for one of his most evil henchmen.
- Agent Z: [Trying to placate Zurg] Agent Z, love it! Especially the whole "Z" thing!
- Buzz Lightyear: I have a feeling that Zurg is planning his most diabolical scheme yet.
[cuts to Planet Z and Zurg]
- Evil Emperor Zurg: This is my most diabolical scheme yet! Assuming that the freakshow known as "my staff" can do one! Thing! RIGHT?!
[the Evil Emperor Zurg's new mind control ray is a sucess]
- Evil Emperor Zurg: Another planet and it's mine! I'm not the man who knows the man! I AM the man!
- Brain Pod #29: Uh, about that raise...?
- Evil Emperor Zurg: Please. Once I enslave the universe, I won't need the likes of you. It'll be all Zurg, all the time! 24-7! Zurgie heaven!
- Booster: The Space Ranger Manual says "No Ranger is allowed to go on a mission without a partner." I think it's Section 6, Sub-section Delta.
- Buzz Lightyear: Actually, it's Section 6, Sub-section Gamma.
- XR: He's right, big guy, Sub-section Delta's the dress code. Incidentally, why can't we have nose rings?
- Buzz Lightyear: Because nose rings are for punks, little mister!
- Mira Nova: Well, if you can go out without a partner, I don't see why XR can't have a nose ring.
- XR: Hey, I was just asking a question, I'm not the one getting a nose ring.
- Booster: Then, who's getting a nose ring? [Gasps] That's why Buzz wants to ditch us!
- Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear (DTV version)
- Nicole Sullivan as Mira Nova
- Larry Miller as XR
- Stephen Furst as Booster Munchapper
- Wayne Knight as Evil Emperor Zurg
- Adam Carolla as Commander Nebula
- Diedrich Bader as Warp Darkmatter / Agent Z
- Patrick Warburton as Buzz Lightyear (TV version), Little Green Men
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Space Ranger
- Charles Kimbrough as Technician, Computer Voice
- Cindy Warden as Brain Pod #29
- Frank Welker as Grubs, Self Destruct, Ranger #1, Rhizomian Man, Cadet Flarn
- Sean Hayes as Brain Pod #13
- Jennifer Bailey as Rhizomian Woman
- Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear
- Jim Hanks as Woody
- Wallace Shawn as Rex
- Andrew Stanton as Hamm
- R. Lee Ermey as Sarge
- Jeff Pidgeon as Little Green Men
- Joe Ranft as Wheezy
Encyclopedic article on Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins at Wikipedia