Hello, 11614soup, and welcome to English Wikiquote.
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
I was just about to leave and noticed your additions to the Søren Kierkegaard page. Though I am well pleased with the quotes, they seem to have been placed under a header that is creating a subject heading in the article — this has long been discouraged here, and though emphasis on such facts might have subsided lately, the format long insisted upon was one where quotes works were listed chronologically within a general quote section or within a sequences of works given their own section. That's about all I have time to note at this point — I should be back within a few hours. ~ Kalki (talk · contributions) 10:54, 10 September 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for your work...
Thanks for all your work on the Søren Kierkegaard page. I myself would often like to do more work on it — but there are so many things to attend to of greater urgency in many regards that I have seldom had the time. Your work is appreciated. ~ ♞☮♌Kalki·†·⚓⊙☳☶⚡ 18:46, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
A page that you have been involved in editing, Journals and Papers, has been listed for deletion. All contributions are appreciated, but it may not satisfy Wikiquote's criteria for inclusion, for the reasons given in the nomination for deletion (see also what Wikiquote is and is not). If you are interested in the discussion, please participate by adding your comments at Wikiquote:Votes for deletion/Journals and Papers. Also, please consider improving the article to address the issues raised. Thank you. Collingwood 08:56, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
Images and Existentialism
I am not sure what your position on the use of images are, but as someone beleaguered by recent efforts to remove what I consider to be some significant and proper use of images from some pages, I am asking you to consider registering an honest opinion on the matters at "Liberal use of images". In the eight years of my work here I have encountered only a relatively few people intensely hostile to their use generally, and only a very few who seem extremely hostile to my particular uses of them. But I do not wish you to get involved in any way which you might find uncomfortable, and if you have no interest in stating your opinions for any reasons, I can accept that. As a devout Absurdist with a great respect for many other forms of Existentialism, I thank your for all the diligence you have continued to exhibit in presenting more of Kierkegaard's thoughts. ~ ♞☮♌Kalki·†·⚓⊙☳☶⚡ 13:18, 1 February 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for the Kierkegaard quotes
Hi 11614soup, you might have noticed I started trimming down the Søren Kierkegaard article. In doing so, I started wondering if you are familiar with the guideline that if a subarticle is created, such as the sub-articles on the Søren Kierkegaard books, all but a few quotes (3 to 5) should be left in the main articles, and specifically (only) in the particular subsection.
For now I removed about 160 quotes, which could/should have been integrated into the sub-articles. The first set from Either/Or is temporary stored here. The rest is not really deleted, but still present in the articles history. -- Mdd (talk) 15:26, 23 May 2014 (UTC)
- Hi 11614soup, more action is taken and comments are made here and here. I am aware that this might come as a shock, and I am sorry for that. I know that sometimes you have to take some step back, to move forward. Six new sub-articles have been created, and more can be done. But there are also possible copy/vio concerns to deal with, see Talk:Either/Or. -- Mdd (talk) 00:06, 24 May 2014 (UTC)
- Hi 11614soup, your addition to three (sub)articles on the works of Søren Kierkegaard have all been undone, because every single article already exceeded the Wikiquote:Limits on quotations. I would like to ask you to look into those limits, do the math yourself, and participate in ongoing discussion how to deal with this. Now you have been notified of possible infringing of copyrights in your contribution, it is your responsibility to make sure it doesn't continue.
- As to the math, this is a matter of making a relatively simple comparison to the Wikiquote text and original text on for example Google books. Just adjust the size of the internet browser, you are using to look at Wikiquote, so that both text have similar line width. Then you can count the line of the Wikiquote document on your browser. -- Mdd (talk) 12:08, 29 May 2014 (UTC)
- Hi 11614soup, I have updated the comment two weeks ago, explaining that 10 articles have to be trimmed down significantly. I hereby request that you take responsibility to take care, that your contributions become within the limits of quotations. I will also email you this request. Thank you. -- Mdd (talk) 12:30, 2 April 2015 (UTC)