- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Indef blocked. Account was SPA, with only purpose of trolling respected admin, Kalki (talk · contributions). Note: Please see also prior history of indef block at its en.wikipedia account, . Cirt (talk) 08:54, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
- Why was I blocked, Cirt? I was engaged in sober and serious discussion, and did nothing wrong. If I'm not allowed to even speak, I'll not be inclined to follow Wikiland rules, and don't be surprised if and when I don't, starting with the prohibition against "outing." If you want me to follow the rules, you must follow them too.
- Don't block people for mere dissent against your authority figures, and definitely don't block them without warning for trying to remove libelous fabrications, as you did to User:TheVidiot, here and then to me.
- In Wikispeak, Cirt is an involved administrator: I'd complained about his/her block of User:TheVidiot, and s/he turned around and blocked me..
- I know you guys (at least Kalki, Cirt and Tiptoety, probably more) hang out on IRC, so please, no more set-ups; they're quite obvious.
- Unblock my account now, for I've done nothing wrong.Proabivouac 10:40, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- Block evasion, above was posted by Special:Contributions/184.108.40.206 to WQ:AN. Cirt (talk) 14:32, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
Please do not perform block evasion. Please do not use threats of outing as a technique to attempt to get unblocked.
I apologize that you cannot edit your own talk page while blocked - it is a deficiency of the English Wikiquote and I have requested a change, see Wikiquote:Administrators'_noticeboard#Users_cannot_edit_their_talk_page_when_blocked. Until that is changed, you can make unblock requests by email to email@example.com. Cirt (talk) 15:05, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
The thread at Wikiquote:Administrators'_noticeboard#Users_cannot_edit_their_talk_page_when_blocked that I started to try to modify Wikiquote so that blocked users can edit their talk page when blocked is getting lots of support, so hopefully soon that change will happen on this project and unblock requests will be able to be reviewed just like on Wikipedia. Meanwhile, admin Ningauble (talk · contributions) made this comment . I would still suggest you contact firstname.lastname@example.org, unfortunately that is the only avenue for unblock requests until this change. Hopefully perhaps if you indicate you wish to be a positive contributor on this project, you will get unblocked. I would of course respectfully defer to the review of another admin. Cirt (talk) 01:44, 23 October 2009 (UTC)