It Chapter Two
Jump to navigation Jump to search
It Chapter Two is a 2019 film, the sequel to It. When Pennywise returns to Derry 27 years after being defeated by the Losers, they must once again band together as adults to defeat the creature once and for all.
- Directed by Andy Muschietti. Written by Chase Palmer, Cary Fukunaga, and Gary Dauberman, based on the novel by Stephen King.
It's Back. (taglines)
- For 27 years, I dreamt of you. I craved you. Oh, I missed you! Waiting for this very moment!
- [To Beverly as she attempts to escape her old home] Run, run, run. You haven't changed anything yet. You haven't changed their futures. You... you haven't saved any of them. [Putting white clown makeup on his face] Close your eyes, Bev. If you don't believe... [Scratches the red marks onto his face] If you don't believe, close them... and see. [laughs manically].
- Miss me, Richie? 'Cos I've missed you! No one wants to play with the clown any more... Play a game with me, would you? How about Street Fighter? Oh, yes, you like that one, don't you? [Laughs] Or maybe Truth or Dare? Oh, you wouldn't want anyone to pick Truth though, would you, Richie? You wouldn't want anyone to know what you're hiding. [Laughs, then in singsong voice to Richie] I know your secret! Your dirty little secret! Oh, I know your secret! Your DIRTY little secret! Shall I tell them, Richie?
- Come back and play! Come back and play with the clown!
- I am the eater of worlds!
- [As the Witch] Time to sink!
- Look at you... you're all grown up.
- [To young Ben inside his locker] Kiss me, fat boy.
- [After the Ritual of Chüd] Boo! [laughs] Did it work? [laughs] Tell them why you never showed them the fourth side, did you? [laughs] Didn't want them to know what actually happened to the Shokopiwah people? Nyum, nyum, nyum!
- This meeting of the Losers Club has officially begun.
- [To Beverly and Ben] Wow, you two look amazing. What the fuck happened to me?
- Let's kill this fucking clown.
- [Pretending to be Pennywise in the clubhouse] Hey, Losers! Time to float!
- Something happens to you when you leave this town. The farther away, the hazier it all gets. But me, I never left. I remember all of it.
- I was always Daddy's little girl. What about you? Are you still his little girl, Beverly? ARE YOU?
- Pennywise: Hello, Vicky! Isn't that what your friends call you, Vicky? How did I know that? I guess I must be your friend too! [Chuckles]
- Vicky: If you're my friend, why are you hiding in the dark? You're not my friend. You're scary.
- [Pennywise starts crying]
- Vicky: Why are you crying?
- Pennywise: People always make fun ‘cos of the way I look. I thought if you couldn’t see my face... maybe you’d want to be my friend! Oh, never mind... silly old Pennywise. You’ll never have any friends.
- Vicky: People make fun of me too.
- Pennywise: They do?
- Vicky: 'Cos of this. [Vicky taps the birthmark on her right cheek]
- Pennywise: Isn't that silly? That little thing? I can blow that thing right away!
- Vicky: You could?
- Pennywise: Oh, yes! One poof, and it'd be gone! [Laughs] Oh, you would have to get close enough to see my face... Oh, I don't know, Vicky...
- Vicky: It's okay, I won't make fun, I promise!
- Pennywise: Promise promise?
- [Vicky nods]
- Pennywise: Okey, dokey! Just come on in a little closer, and we'll blow it away on the count of three! One... two...
- Vicky: [following long pause from Pennywise] You're supposed to say thre-
- [Pennywise lunges at her and bites her face]
- Mrs Kersh: I do apologize. It gets so very hot here this time of year.
- Beverly: It's fine.
- Mrs Kersh: Well, you feel like you could just about die.
- Beverly: Yeah...
- Mrs Kersh: But you know what they say about Derry. No one who dies here ever really dies! [Mrs Kersh freezes while smiling for a moment] But tell me: how is it, being back in Derry?
- Beverly: Strange.
- Mrs Kersh: Strange? Oh, my. [Oven pings from the kitchen] I had some cookies in the oven before you came. You stay right there.
- Beverly: I shouldn't impose, I'm gonna...
- Mrs Kersh: No, no, no, no, no! I insist!
- Beverly: Your photos are lovely, Mrs. Kersh. Are these your family?
- Mrs Kersh: My fadder came to this country with fourteen dollars in his pocket.
- Beverly: What did he do, Mrs. Kersh?
- Mrs Kersh: My fadder joined the circus.
- [In the basement, adult Bill has just surfaced and is witnessing a conversation between his younger self and Georgie]
- Georgie: I lost it, Bill. Don't be mad.
- Young Bill: I'm not... I'm not mad at you.
- Georgie: It's your fault what happened, isn't it? You weren't really that sick that morning, were you?
- Young Bill: No. [Sobs] I just... pretended to be sick. I just didn't want to play with you. I just didn't want to...
- Georgie: You lied, and I died. You lied, and I died! You lie, and I die! You lie, and I die! YOU LIED, AND I DIED!
- Young Bill: It happened because of me, Georgie! Me!
- [Adult Bill is confronted with the zombified Georgie]
- Georgie: LIED AND DIED! LIED AND DIED! LIED AND DIED! You l... [Adult Bill drowns the zombiefied Georgie]
- Bill: I think R-Richie said it best.
- Richie: I don't wanna die? [Bill shakes his head, and Richie pauses to think] You guys are lucky we're not measuring dicks? [Bill shakes his head, and Richie pauses again] Let's kill this fucking clown? [Bill nods] Let's kill this fucking clown.
- Richie: Who killed a psychotic clown before he was fourteen?
- Eddie: I did.
- Richie: Who pulled Henry Bower's knife out of his own face and stabbed him with it?
- Eddie: I did.
- Richie: Who married a woman ten times his body mass?
- Eddie: I did.
- Beverly: January embers.
- Ben: My heart burns there, too.
- Beverly: It was you.
- Jessica Chastain - Beverly Marsh
- Sophia Lillis (young)
- James McAvoy - Bill Denbrough
- Jaeden Martell (young)
- Bill Hader - Richie Tozier
- Finn Wolfhard (young)
- Isaiah Mustafa - Mike Hanlon
- Chosen Jacobs (young)
- Jay Ryan - Ben Hanscom
- Jeremy Ray Taylor (young)
- James Ransone - Eddie Kaspbrak
- Jack Dylan Grazer (young)
- Andy Bean - Stanley Uris
- Wyatt Oleff (young)
- Bill Skarsgård - Robert "Bob" Gray / Pennywise the Dancing Clown
- Javier Botet - Hobo the Leper / The Witch
- Jackson Robert Scott as Georgie Denbrough
- Joan Gregson - Mrs. Kersh
- Owen Teague - Patrick Hockstetter
- Teach Grant - Henry Bowers
- Nicholas Hamilton (young)
- Molly Atkinson - Sonia Kaspbrak / Myra
- Luke Roessler - Dean
- Xavier Dolan - Adrian Mellon
- Taylor Frey - Don Hagarty
- Jake Weary - Webby
- Jess Weixler - Audra Denbrough (nee Phillip)
- Will Beinbrink - Tom Rogan
- Stephen Bogaert - Alvin Marsh
- Joe Bostick - Mr. Keene
- Juno Rinaldi - Gretta Keene
- Megan Charpentier (young)