The Mist (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Written and directed by Frank Darabont.
- You don't understand, or you're trying really hard not to... are you guys being willfully dense?
- What we saw was impossible. You know that, don't you? What do we say? How do we convince them [to stay inside]? Ollie, what the hell were those tentacles even attached to?
- Want another reason to get the hell out of here? I'll give you the best one: her. Mrs. Carmody. Our very own Jim Jones. I'd like to leave before people start drinking the Kool-Aid.
- There's no defense against the will of God. There's no court of appeals in hell. The end times have come; not in flames, but in mist...
- We have Judas in our midst!
- Don't go out there! There's something in the mist!
- Something in the mist took John Lee and I heard him screaming!
- You can't convince some people there's a fire even when their hair is burning. Denial is a powerful thing.
- As a species, we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion?
- Welcome to Sesame Street, kids. Today's word is 'expiation'.
- You'd think educating children would be more of a priority in this country but you'd be wrong. Governments got better things to spend our money on, like corporate hand outs and building bombs.
- It appears we may have a problem of some magnitude.
- Jim: I'm sorry about the kid. We didn't twist his arm or anything!
- David Drayton Yeah, he was a fucking kid. He's supposed to be stupid. What's your excuse?
- David Drayton: [referring to a clothesline] Tie this around your waist.
- Brent Norton: What for?
- David Drayton: It'll let us know you got at least three hundred feet.
- David Drayton: You're sure there's no way I can talk you out of this?
- Brent Norton: David, there's nothing out there. Nothing in the mist.
- David Drayton: And if you're wrong?
- Brent Norton: Then, I guess... the joke will be on me, after all.
- Amanda Dumfries: You don't have much faith in humanity, do you?
- Dan Miller: None whatsoever.
- Amanda Dumfries: I can’t accept that. People are basically good. Decent. My God, David, we’re a civilized society!
- David Drayton: Sure, as long as the machines are working and you can dial 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, you scare the shit out of them, no more rules. You'll see how primitive they can get.
- Biker: Hey, crazy lady, I believe in God, too. I just don't think he's the bloodthirsty asshole you make him out to be.
- Mrs. Carmody: Well, you take that up with the Devil when you run into him. You just chat it over at your leisure.
- Irene: [after hurling a can of peas at Mrs. Carmody] Shut up, you miserable buzzard! Stoning people who piss you off is perfectly okay. They do it in the Bible, don't they? And I got lots of peas!
- Thomas Jane as David Drayton
- Marcia Gay Harden as Mrs. Carmody
- Laurie Holden as Amanda Dumfries
- Jeffrey DeMunn as Dan Miller
- Andre Braugher as Brent Norton
- Samuel Witwer as Private Wayne Jessup
- Toby Jones as Ollie Weeks
- William Sadler as Jim Grondin
- Frances Sternhagen as Irene Reppler
- Nathan Gamble as Billy Drayton
Encyclopedic article on The Mist (film) at Wikipedia