Carrie (2013 film)
Carrie is a 2013 horror film about Carrie White, a socially isolated teenage girl who, after being bullied by her peers and abused by her fanatic mother, manifests telekinetic powers. This is the remake of the original film in 1976.
- Produced and directed by Kimberly Peirce. Written by Lawrence D. Cohen and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa; Based on the novel by Stephen King.
- [to Margaret when she was locked in the closet] MAMA, LET ME GO! GOD, YOU SUCK!
- It's not the devil, mamma, there are other people out there like me that can do what I can do!
- Why not? I've been hurt my whole life.
- Please, just stop trying to trick me!
- [to Margaret before she uses her telekinesis on the knives at her.] I'm sorry!
- [touching Sue's Belly] It's a girl.
- [to Chris] Are you gonna get him a boutonniere? Or are you just gonna pin a bloody tampon to his lapel?
- [to the girls] While your running, I'd like you all to think long and hard... about what it would be like to be Carrie White.
- [to Carrie after she accidentally hits Sue Snell in the head with a volleyball] You eat shit, (throws a volleyball at almost'ly Carrie and in the water.).
- [forcing Billy to kill Carrie] WATCH OUT, oh, my god, it's Carrie, GO MOVE, run... her... down,... kill her,... kill her, Billy, KILL HER, BILLY, KILL HER! (Billy goes "SHUT UP, I GOT THIS", Chris and Billy get killed/exploded in the car by Carrie with her telekinetic powers and the glass gets broken by Carrie with her telekinetic powers to the gas station.)
- Don't need a license, if they can't catch me.
- Pig's blood for a pig.
- Carrie had some sort of power. But she was just like me... like any of you. She had hopes, she had fears, but we pushed her. And you can only push someone so far before they break.
- [when she gives birth to her daughter] HELP ME!
- It's not your fault, Carrie, it's mine.
- He'll hurt you.
- Boys, boys, after the blood... comes the boys, sniffing, slobbering like dogs.
- You know, the devil never dies/keeps coming back, but ya gotta keep killing 'em... over and over again.
- [after his classmates and Mr. Ulmann saw his cuss in the class] I said "awesome". I just thought what Carrie read was "awesome" didn't you Mr. Ulmann?
- [last words] What the hell!
- Chris: She (Carrie) can't do this to me.
- Sue: Just let it go, Chris. We're almost done.
- Chris: Then every day this week? All because of Carrie White? [stops] Like hell I will.
- [Miss Desjardin, who was watching the girls doing their sprints, noticed Chris has stopped her training.]
- Miss Desjardin: [to Chris] Keep moving, Hargensen, keep running or you're not going to prom.
- Chris: Fuck you, [Miss Desjardin glares at her] this is child abuse!
- Miss Desjardin: [stumbles to Chris] What did you say to me?!
- [All of the girls stopped doing their sprints and looks at Chris, who began revoking Miss Desjardin.]
- Chris: [stumbles further to Miss Desjardin] I'm not going to run another goddamn inch because Carrie White got her period and was too stupid to know what it was!
- Sue: What?
- Miss Desjardin: You're suspended, you're outta prom and you're out of my class, now! [turns away]
- Chris: No!
- Miss Desjardin: [turns back to Chris] No?!
- Chris: You can't decide that (suspending people)! [to the girls] She (Rita "Miss Collins" Desjardin) can't do this (can't get away with suspending people) to us!
- Miss Desjardin: Goodbye, Chris. [to the girls] The rest of you, keep at it.
- Chris: Someone could die of dehydration, [to Tina] Tina, you have a heart condition, right? [turns to the girls] If we all stick together, they're not going to suspend all of us, they're not going to keep us all from prom, there would be no prom, [turns to the twins named Nick/Lizzy] Nick (Cora), Lizzy/Lizzie (Rhonda)! [they don't respond]
- Miss Desjardin: [to the girls] Let's go, ladies!
- [Chris then turns to Heather, who also doesn't respond]
- Chris: Heather, this is bullshit, we didn't do anything wrong,-!
- Miss Desjardin: Alright, let's go!
- Chris: [stumbles to Sue] Right, Sue? [grabs her hand] You're with me on this, right? Come on. [tries to get Sue to join her]
- Miss Desjardin: Sue.
- [Sue releases her arm from Chris' grip and refuses]
- Sue: [to the girls] Come on.
- [Sue and the other girls now continue their sprints.; Chris was now shocked that no one will support her.]
- Miss Desjardin: [blows her whistle] Keep going, ladies.
- Chris: This isn't over... This isn't over by a long shot. [walks away sad in tears]
- Carrie: Mamma, before you say anything else, I've been asked to prom. [Margret doesn't respond while she closes the oven door] Mamma, I've been asked to prom.
- Margaret: Oh, God, Why?
- Carrie: It's next Saturday and he's a very nice boy, and he'll come in and meet you before and he promised to have me home by 10:30.
- Margaret: No, no, no, no.
- Carrie White: I've already excepted. [Margret is stunned.] I know this scares you, it scares me to. The other kids... they... they... think I'm weird, but I don't wanna be, I have to try and be a whole person before it's too late.
- [Margret holds Carrie's head with her hands and smiles. Carrie smiles back.]
- Margaret: [smiling] He'll hurt you.
- [Carrie frowns and moves her head out of Margret's hands]
- Carrie: No, Mamma, no, Mamma, th-there are bad people but not Tommy, he's good, you'll like him, he's a very nice boy.
- Margaret: Boys, boys, after the blood... comes the boys, sniffing, slobbering like dogs!
- Carrie: Stop it, Mamma!
- [Carrie turns and walks away from her mother to the living room. Margaret follows her]
- Margaret: He's gonna- he's gonna paw at you, until he finds out where that blood smell comes from. He's gonna take you Carrie, in his car, out to the wilderness, out where its cold and the roadhouses are and the whiskey!
- Carrie: Stop being so crazy!
- Margaret: Y-you tell that boy you're not going!
- Carrie: No!
- [Carrie walks away again but still faces her]
- Margaret: We'll move from here, we're never gonna stop moving.
- Carrie: No, Mamma!
- Margaret: You're gonna go to your closet and you're gonna pray, you're gonna get in there and you're gonna pray for forgiveness!
- Carrie: No, never again, mama... [Carrie's stress telepathically lifts the furniture in the living room. Margaret screams and falls to her knees along with all the furniture in the living room; Carrie is shocked as Margret looks up at her daughter in shock.] Mamma, stand up. [Margret is still stunned and stares at Carrie] Mamma, stand up! [uses her telekinesis and lifts Margaret from the ground and Margaret screams and cries. Margaret look at the ground in fright.] Mamma, I'm going.
- Margaret: [turns to Carrie] Witch
- Carrie: I'm not a witch, Mamma. There are no witches.
- Margret: The devil's got her now.
- Carrie: It's not the devil, Mamma, there are other people out there like me that can do what I can do.
- Margret: You poor child, don't you know? Don't you know he's working through you?
- Carrie: Mamma, it's inherited, it was passed down from grandma and it skipped you.
- Margret: No, no, no.
- Carrie: Y-you know that.
- Margret: No, no, no.
- Carrie: Or maybe it came from daddy.
- Margaret: He gave me a cancer, I thought you were cancer.
- [Carrie stresses out, lifts Margret's body further and Margaret screams.]
- Carrie: Mamma, that's awful, don't say that, [Margaret starts praying in fear.] you pray for all you want, mamma, but I'm going, and nothing's gonna stop me, [drops Margret to the ground as she cries in relief and fear] and I don't wanna talk about it anymore.
- You will know her name
- Know her name. Fear her power.
- God Won't Help You
- A Child Raised In Fear. A Woman Born With Blood
- Christ Never Fail
- God Won't Save You
- Chloë Grace Moretz - Carrie White
- Judy Greer - Miss Desjardin
- Portia Doubleday - Chris Hargensen
- Alex Russell - Billy Nolan
- Gabriella Wilde - Sue Snell
- Julianne Moore - Margaret White
- Ansel Elgort - Tommy Ross
- Barry Shabaka Henley - Principal Morton