|This article falls within a proposed limits on quotations policy.
The subject of this article is a film, and as a result, the proposal would set a limitation of five quotes per hour (about one quote every 12 minutes).
If you would like to add another quote to the page, you should consider whether to remove one that is already there in order to keep within the bounds of fair use of copyright material.
I have seen too much "copyvio" occurring on this page, and considering the fact that its gone over the quote limit. I think this page should be protected to prevent anymore vandalism happening on here. Anyone agree? --TPercival (talk) 07:35, 22 January 2017 (UTC)
Will Chris Farley voice Shrek in the original development?
Jeffrey Katzenberg, along with John H. Williams and Aron Warner, began development on Shrek in 1995, immediately following the studio's purchase of the rights from Steven Spielberg. Chris Farley was cast as the voice for the title character, recording most of the required dialogue, but died in 1997 before his work on the film was finished; Mike Myers was hired to replace him, and gave Shrek his Scottish accent. Paul Maiden (talk) 08:53, 1 July 2023 (UTC)
Shrek Pooping on the Villagers (September 14, 2006)
Shrek Pooping on the Villagers is a trailer segment from the DVD-rom and the next trailer Alice About Shrek from DreamWorks Animation. The United States release date on September 14, 2006.
Shrek Pooping on the Villagers (April 12, 2006)
- [The angry mob stops. Warily they part the bushes in front of them and we see that they are right outside Shrek's house]
- Ogre Hunter #1: Think it's in here.
- Ogre Hunter #2: Alright. Let's get it!
- [A ogre hunter looks alarmed and reaches out, grabbing Chris and stopping him]
- Ogre Hunter #1: Whoa! Hold on! Do you know what that thing could do to you?
- [Another ogre hunter pipes in]
- Ogre Hunter #3: [forboding] Yeah. It'll grind your bones for it's bread.
- [The other ogre hunters all stare, bewildered. The ogre hunters hear the new voice and spin around]
- Shrek: [laughing] Yes. Well, actually, that would be a giant.
- [Shrek is standing nonchalantly behind the villagers, he advances on them as he speaks, getting more intense and terrifying as he does. They back away frightened]
- Shrek: [nonchalantly and building] Now ogres... Oh, they're much worse.
- Ogre Hunters: No!
- Shrek: They'll make a suit from your freshly peeled skin. They'll shave your liver, squeeze the jelly from your eyes! Actually, it's quite good on toast.
- [The ogre hunter leaps forward bravely waving the torch in front of Shrek]
- Ogre Hunter #1: Back! Back, beast! Back! I warn ya!
- [Shrek leans away, avoiding the torch and watching a ogre hunter with casual indifference. When the ogre hunter is done with waving, he holds the torch threateningly in front of him. Shrek calmly moistens his thumb and forefinger and reaching forward, snuffs out the torch. The ogre hunters stand stunned for a moment]
- Ogre Hunter #1: Right.
- [Shrek turns around and faces his butt towards the ogre hunters before he literally poos on them. Simultaneously the ogre hunters screw their eyes closed and scream for all they're worth. They then let out a huge, long scream. Their scream outlasts Shrek's crapping and Shrek turns around before he ponders them for a moment. And the villagers -- after Shrek has roared on their torches to put out their fires -- they briefly are seen crying because they are scared. The crying briefly continues and then they stop.]
- Shrek: [whispers] This is the part where you run away.
- [The ogre hunters all run as fast as they can while covered in feces. We cut in close on Shrek as he watches them go. He chuckles to himself]
- Shrek: And stay out!
- [Shrek suddenly notices a small flyer that the ogre hunters have left behind. He pick it up and reads it]
- Shrek: "Wanted: Fairytale creatures."
- [He tosses it into the ground and heads back into his house]
- Shrek: I am going to my sleep. [yawns]
Alice About Shrek (September 3, 2006)
- [Shrek sneaks away from Alice in Alice in Wonderland with the swamp]
- Shrek: Alice? What's wrong with the angry mobs for Sherlock Holmes.
- Alice: Lord Farquaad! What has been the disgusting with Shrek.
- Captain of the Guards: Shrek, we're not doing that the naked and they're privates. The villagers are yucky and disgusting.
- Shrek: [to Alice] Yeah, Captain, with the dungeons and dragons for Fiona.
- [Alice sadly with the swamp and Shrek looks at the guards before the ogre hunters breath]
- Guard #1: May I escort you back to the palace, Alice.
- Guard #2: What happened with the cat for Dinah, Shrek.
- [Shrek and Alice walk away by the guards]
- Shrek: Good night, Alice.
- Alice: Sleep dream, ogre.
With Shrek Pooping on the Villagers (DVD Menu)
- [The score from Over the Hedge music plays by Rupert Gregson-Williams. The ogre hunters sneak away and run away behind Shrek's 24 clones roaring before chasing him. Shrek appears on the DVD menu]
- Shrek: What are you doing in my swamp? [sighs] Whatever.
Shrek Pooping on the Villagers
Alice About Shrek
- Mike Myers – Shrek
- Anndi McAfee – Alice
- Jim Cummings – Captain of the Guards
- Andrew Adamson – Guard #1
- Aron Warner – Guard #2
188.8.131.52 19:18, 16 July 2023 (UTC)