Quote of the Day
- Though it is not as yet a matter of any set policy, it has long been recommended practice that only one suggestion for QOTD per year be designated with a 4 by any voter, indicating that it "certainly" should be used — as this implies a sense of immediacy that lesser rankings do not. Too much use of the 4 ranking rather deflates the significance of a 4, and untempered use of it, without moderated consideration, would allow the momentary impulses of a single person to have disproportionately lasting influences for years thereafter. ~ Kalki 13:53, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
Shabbat editing prohibition
- Is there maybe a template or something for that? --SuperJew (talk) 11:03, 20 July 2012 (UTC)
It's unfortunate that an edit war occurred - a better explanation should have been provided (as you requested). In this case, it's better to refer you to WQ:LOQ - LOQ stands for Limits on quotations. For TV shows like this one, 2 quotes per episode are the limit. Thanks. ~ UDScott (talk) 13:50, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
I think you should give up on your nonsense reversions because frankly, that's all you've been good at nowadays. Nice try with your delusional accusations of me monopolizing the article. You're nothing more than a butthurt loser. Get lost you rat! --Eaglestorm (talk) 08:16, 27 December 2013 (UTC)
- So much for being nice to fellow users... SuperJew (talk) 16:12, 28 December 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for your lame comebacks and you think using my edit summaries back at me works? You're still a troll clouding the article.
- My supposedly "continued retardness"? Kid, the only one expressing that around these parts is YOU with your dumb ignorance of LOQ and trying to ramrod your quote when its not even that notable to begin with. Screw your drama-series arguments and its kinda pathetic of you when the only edits you've been doing these past couple of weeks is about that quote when you can probably be more useful in other articles. Begone. --Eaglestorm (talk) 18:31, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
- I'm sorry oh great mister know it all. I didn't realize you were following me as well. or that it wasted so much precious time to revert your idiotic reversions. so anyways, who died and made you king? --SuperJew (talk) 06:57, 31 December 2013 (UTC)
- As the edit wars between you and another user continue (with continued hostile edit summaries), you are temporarily blocked from editing. Once this block expires, please refrain from this behavior and work to come to some sort of compromise or agreement. Thanks. ~ UDScott (talk) 14:51, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
- When you act like a civil human being, you might deserve to be treated as one. --SuperJew (talk) 14:42, 5 January 2014 (UTC)
Since you're so hell-bent on getting off through the act of following and thwarting my every action on Wikiquote- even on pages I started- you might as well find something actually worthwhile to do with your time. I'll go with the two-quotes-per-page thing, that's policy, but quit messing with what quotes I do leave- you didn't even show any interest in this page until I created it and put one or two too many quotes. Alexandervonweimann (talk) 23:16, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
- Hi. I'm just trying to keep the pages up to standard. What did I do that offended you apart from keeping the quotes at 2 per episode? If by mistake, I removed a quote you liked, you are more than welcome to return it so long as you only have 2 quotes per episode.
- The square brackets and indenting changes I did are standard to Wikiquote.
- And please sign your posts on talk pages. Thanks.
- Cheers, --SuperJew (talk) 08:45, 22 September 2015 (UTC)
- Also please refrain from personal attacks such as "you're so hell-bent on getting off" per WQ:NPA.
- Furthermore, the fact that you created the page does not give you ruling over it or over the policy affecting it. This is a communal website, where everyone can participate and contribute in the framework of the policies.
- --SuperJew (talk) 08:49, 22 September 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry, the rudeness was over the line- and yes, I am aware that I don't have sole claim on a page just because I opened it. All the same, if you are following my every move on Wikiquote only for the sake of correcting my every mistake, please stop.
- Also, if anything, I would suggest talking to Eaglestorm about online attacks, as he seems to have done you far more insult than I have. Isn't persistent hostile behavior a blockable offense? Or have you already had him blocked before?
- Best wishes, Alexandervonweimann (talk) 22 September 2015 (UTC)
- Apology accepted. The story between Eaglestorm and I is between us. If you are interested, from what I recall we were both in the wrong and both temporarily blocked. --SuperJew (talk) 17:46, 23 September 2015 (UTC)
Supergirl (TV series) page
There is now a Supergirl TV series page in Wikiquote: Supergirl (TV series). The only quotes are for the "Worlds Finest" episode, there's only one external link (I'm not a Hulu or IMDb subscriber) and I accidentally created a page template before making the page through the Help page. But, hey, it's my first page! :'(
Anyway... go wild, love child. Have fun with it, and spread the word. :D