Quotes by Duterte[編集]
- To jeepney transport groups: "January 1, pag hindi niyo na-modernize yan, umalis kayo. Mahirap kayo? Putang ina, sige! Mag... magtiis kayo sa hirap at gutom. Wala akong pakialam." (January 1, if you don't modernize yourselves, leave. You're poor? Whore mother! Suffer through hardship and hunger. I don't care.)
- "What I don't like are kids (being raped.) You can mess with, maybe Miss Universe. Maybe I will even congratulate you for having the balls to rape somebody when you know you are going to die," for your crime
- "I hate corruption. Hindi ako nagmamakalinis. Marami rin akong nanakaw pero naubos na. So, wala na. (I'm not claiming to be clean. I also stole a lot, but it's all used up. So, it's gone.) ...corruption is really out during my term."
- Because they (the Maute group) threatened to go down from the mountains to burn down Marawi? Go ahead, be my guest. We will wait for you there. Walang problema (No problem).
- Wallace Business Forum Dinner with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (December 12, 2016)
- On the Maute group: "Kaibiganin natin para walang gulo," (Let's befriend them so there won't be any conflict.)
- Duterte wants to befriend Maute group (November 29, 2016)
- I don't care If I go to hell as long as the people I serve will live in paradise.
- "Duterte: Look ma, cheap shoes no socks" (August 5 2015)
- I would rather lose the election than lose my identity.
- In an interview with Jazeera (April 2016)
- As you know, I’m fighting with ambassador (John Kerry). His gay ambassador (Philip Goldberg), the son of a whore. He pissed me off.
Quotes about Duterte[編集]
- Graft and corruption is endemic and everybody speaks out but nobody has done much except Mayor Rody Duterte,
- Miriam Santiago at the 2016 PiliPinas Debates in Cagayan de Oro. "Duterte-Miriam love fest blooms at presidential debate" in Rappler (21 February 2016)
- He's the most outrageous, the most colourful and the most interesting character in this upcoming presidential election," says Marites Vitug, an author and investigative journalist. We like to compare him to Trump of the US because he likes to shock with his statements. He can be very irreverent and very reckless,
- Marites Vitug, investigative journalist as quoted by Al Jazeera (April 2016)
- Duterte says crazy things but he get things done
- Emirerio Barcelon, former president of Ateneo de Davao University as quoted by Manila Standard Today